Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

There's 5 unknown heroes. I guess they could have added the New Year's ones already. Gonna be mighty interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Chrom has three as well. I guess you could say it's time to Chrom.

It's Chrom time.

I totally forgot about Spring Chrom. Also speaking of forgettable spring heroes, there's 3 Xanders.

E: 3 Tikis too. There's actually quite a few 3 ofs, huh

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Reddit says (no images yet) Takumi, Male Corrin, Azura and Camilla.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Tentative word on Reddit for the New Year's banner is M!Corrin, Azura, Takumi, and Camilla for some reason.

E: Beaten like Hinoka and Ryoma out of seasonal spots they should probably have. :v:

E2: have a piece of artwork so this post has any value at all:

Zwingley fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Dec 28, 2017

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
I'm only 10 chapters into Birthright and it's starting to feel like a slog already. When reinforcements show up, it's more 'ugh, more dudes I have to grind through before they let me finish this map' rather than having to scrounge up with a new plan to even survive the map.

...it's not gonna get any better, is it?

Conquest is the bee's knees, though.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

rannum posted:

Reddit says (no images yet) Takumi, Male Corrin, Azura and Camilla.

Zwingley posted:

Tentative word on Reddit for the New Year's banner is M!Corrin, Azura, Takumi, and Camilla for some reason.

Oh for fucks sake.

E: Conquest is more Fire Emblem-y, but neither is very good story-wise.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

FartingBedpost posted:

Oh for fucks sake.

E: Conquest is more Fire Emblem-y, but neither is very good story-wise.

Sounds like they're all fliers too. Camilla is a red sword and there's a dance skill added so Azura is probably our first flying dancer.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Aaaahahahaha

Azura is a red tome flier dancer

e: Camilla's sword flier, Takumi/Corrin are infantry dagger/archer

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 28, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
stop her

ugh, I hate using fliers but drat, they look gorgeous.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
A seasonal sword? After all this time?

I need like four of the things, just because. :v:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

Aaaahahahaha

Azura is a red tome flier dancer

e: Camilla's sword flier, Takumi/Corrin are infantry dagger/archer

Takumi's title is Prince of Soup and the idea of using soup as a dagger is just, wonderful, and this banner is wonderful because of it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Takumi and Corrin share a color? Noice.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

FALSE ALARM

Azura is Axe. Still a dancer, still a flier, but not a tome.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Decided to gamble on the Christmas banner one last time and got Christmas Robin (+HP/-RES). Which means I'm probably not getting anything on the next two banners, given my luck. :shepicide:

Also, regarding the announcement of Gunnthra:

(Source)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
why are their stats so lovely

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Flier dancer is just too loving far at this point. There is absolutely no reason to use any infantry unit anymore.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Somebody pick up the phone because it's close enough

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

LightningSquid posted:

Flier dancer is just too loving far at this point. There is absolutely no reason to use any infantry unit anymore.

Dragons are infantry! :v:

But outside those yeah I hope they'll buff weapon infantries somehow soon

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Azura’s a flier dancer?

For

Fucks

Sake

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

The best dancer will always be Ninian in my book. Even if the Heroes developers really want to push Azura into people's hands, the shy dragon lady is a good pal in my opinion.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Azura is a bad human being and responsible for the deaths of thousands

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

LightningKimba posted:

The best dancer will always be Ninian in my book. Even if the Heroes developers really want to push Azura into people's hands, the shy dragon lady is a good pal in my opinion.

This is content you can trust

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Why Camilla.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
she's the tharja of Fates.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
As one of the people who actually likes Camilla

I really don't know. :iiam:

E: Camilla isn't even as good as Tharja, really. The interesting parts of her character didn't hold up as well in her own game(s) compared to the fanservice bits.

She's been treated about the same as Tharja after the fact, though.

Zwingley fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 28, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
If at the start of the game you'd told me Ryoma'd be one of the last Fates royals to get a seasonal I'd have raised an eyebrow.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Because she's popular and the other Fates characters aren't

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I want less seasonal rehashes and more Bridal Charlotte and Performance Shigure types.

Camilla, Corrin, and Azura are all pretty lame characters to have 3-4 renditions.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
flyers can still be shot to death

Merric will rise again

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

I mean yet another Camilla is boring but so are Corrin and another Azura. I’d maybe roll for Takumi cause Tobi is one of the best artists but eh.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tired Moritz posted:

flyers can still be shot to death

Merric will rise again

Pretty sure 80% of Flierzuras will use the Iote's Shield seal.

If Takumi's weapon is good I'll make a token effort to get it so I can feed him to Frederick.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

You could almost have a full flier team of Camillas now

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Gluten Freeman posted:

You could almost have a full flier team of Camillas now

Wait, why didn’t Hinoka get the flier spot in this...?

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I don't think Camilla is too bad, really. It's an apt comparison to call her the Tharja of Fates, where she's basically a very maternal older sister to her siblings (Elise actually dyes her hair slightly so Camilla won't feel bad that they're only half siblings), but boopbos do get people to part with their orbs. And their money.

Her being a flying Sword user would at least make her an option if you didn't want to pull for Elincia ever. ... But you probably should wait for Elincia banners, 'cause she's a part of the Cool Kids Club that is FE9, which has very few, if any, units that are straight up Lame-os. I'd even say that Rhys will probably be neat in Heroes.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

FartingBedpost posted:

Wait, why didn’t Hinoka get the flier spot in this...?

her boobs are smaller

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

quote:

Camilla MSID_H_門松+: Grants Def/Res+2 during combat\nto allies within 2 spaces.
Azura MSID_H_羽子板+: Grants Def/Res+2 during combat\nto allies within 2 spaces.
Corrin MSID_H_破魔矢+: Effective against flying foes. Grants\nDef/Res+2 during combat to allies\nwithin 2 spaces.
Takumi MSID_H_鏡餅+: Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown\ncount-1). After combat, if unit attacked,\ninflicts Def/Res-7 on target and foes within\n2 spaces through their next actions.

Azura comes w/ Steady Stance 3 (???), Earth Dance (Def+3/4/5 on dance), and Hone Fliers

Camilla is 33/35, you could probably run a firesweep on a +spd Camilla.

Emalde fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Dec 28, 2017

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

LightningKimba posted:

I don't think Camilla is too bad, really. It's an apt comparison to call her the Tharja of Fates, where she's basically a very maternal older sister to her siblings (Elise actually dyes her hair slightly so Camilla won't feel bad that they're only half siblings), but boopbos do get people to part with their orbs. And their money.

Her being a flying Sword user would at least make her an option if you didn't want to pull for Elincia ever. ... But you probably should wait for Elincia banners, 'cause she's a part of the Cool Kids Club that is FE9, which has very few, if any, units that are straight up Lame-os. I'd even say that Rhys will probably be neat in Heroes.

I don't think Flier Emblem even needs a sword user at this point, considering the effectiveness of Minerva/Michalis/Cherche. And if you want something to tank axes, Palla or even Beruka will do the job fine.