Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Who's loving idea was it to have one of the dawning events be 'do 5 normal strikes' and then reward you with a duplicate ghost that dismantles for 3 legendary shards?

edit: got 2 whole shaders that time :c00lbutt:

comatose fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Xarbala posted:

Nanomachines, son

:patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

First off, thanks Waffle House for always finding the goods.

Secondly, I’m super pumped to go to Mars. That is going to kick rear end tremendously. I loved me some Red Faction back in the day. Mars games always owned to me. I’ll always have a soft spot for Red Faction so this excites the hell out of me.

But there is a caveat. And I am worried to death about this already: “We will explore Clovis Grove...” and that right there has me worried about another Mercury sized planet.

Yeah, I’m not willing to put money on it, but I will make a bet with pokchu or Rugio or something that we are in for another Mercury-like expansion to a T.

I mean, I’m playing it anyway. I’m going to enjoy myself. But I will be pretty ticked off if an amazing place with tons of imaginary potential like Mars isn’t a huge planet to roam and discover.

Red Faction owned for the environmental destructibility. Explosions solved everything.

This expansion does look kiiiinda small...but it does venn with some things that I've seen posted, this being the third wild-catch of this information.
"And more..." could, after all, just be alluding to another upcoming addition to the Leviathan raid.

Ballet Fans should be excited, at least. And people who like the color red:

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Dec 28, 2017

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Mercury was the size of a small woodland animal’s turd and the Infinite Forest turned out to be both extremely finite and not even available on patrol. Clovis Grove is going to be tiny.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Waffle House posted:

Red Faction owned for the environmental destructibility. Explosions solved everything.
Environmental destruction is a sorely underused mechanic in games.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
May 2018 for the next expansion?

So 5 months away...

And there's nothing planned between now and that time aside from some "ranked playlist", "masterwork armor", "private matches", and online comic books.

This game has a larger content drought than Destiny 1.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Avalanche posted:

May 2018 for the next expansion?

So 5 months away...

And there's nothing planned between now and that time aside from some "ranked playlist", "masterwork armor", "private matches", and online comic books.

This game has a larger content drought than Destiny 1.

Maybe we'll here something a little more concrete about these rumors in the near future.

Kinda sounded like they were doing things after the new year...I feel at least SRL and Crimson Doubles (Valentine's Day PVP event) will return between now and then.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait for another tiny planet to go with another tiny raid and another strike to never run

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
By the next 40 dollar season pass, the game might even have the amount of worthwhile things to do it should have launched with

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

right? Obviously I'm hugely gay and will still play, but

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Pomp posted:

Can't wait for another tiny planet to go with another tiny raid and another strike to never run
Hold on there, CoO had two strikes!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pomp posted:

By the next 40 dollar season pass, the game might even have the amount of worthwhile things to do it should have launched with

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffle House posted:

right? Obviously I'm hugely gay and will still play, but

I'm hugely gay and didn't pre-order dlc sight unseen :smuggo:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pomp posted:

Actually, if D1's release schedule is anything to go by, there will be a big expansion in September and then nothing tangible for an entire year.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

But there is a caveat. And I am worried to death about this already: “We will explore Clovis Grove...” and that right there has me worried about another Mercury sized planet.
It wouldn't be quite so bad if they didn't disable sparrows on Mercury :argh:

"Oh cool, I got my very first instant summon 160 speed sparrow. At least the one upshot of all the concern over Mercury's size is travel you can drive from one side to the other fast with my expansion hoverbike, right-MOTHER FUCKER"

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mercury is a roundabout you're not even allowed to drive through.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
If new expansion comes out in May that means Season 3 will start without a paid DLC

Better be some sort of update with it or people will bounce out of the game so drat quick

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
perhaps mass-produced meaningless robots will finally be the enemy faction we get to horde mode against

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Waffle House posted:

Red Faction: Gorilla owned because everything could be solved by punching somewhere with your sledgehammer

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

perhaps mass-produced meaningless robots will finally be the enemy faction we get to horde mode against

if not i will be

well only mildly surprised i guess

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also we are more likely than not going to be at least partially at the martian ice caps so don’t get too attached to red sand imagery

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

also we are more likely than not going to be at least partially at the martian ice caps so don’t get too attached to red sand imagery

We are going to get a story mission that takes us to the ice caps from a distance and that’s it. Welcome to Season 3.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

It will be salt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soxxPyaAT1k
(video includes scenes of washington AG personal sparrow )

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If we're really waiting 5 months for a CoO-sized DLC this game is gonna loving die before Taken King 2 can save it from itself. I mean hopefully we'll get Private Matches and Ranked Playlist and other things that add longevity to the game sometime in the next half year but I'm not holding my breath.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I'm already looking for a new game to waste all my time on :saddowns:

looks like it's going to be monster hunter world

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So I guess Bungie's currently putting most of their time into the equivalent of Taken King and then it'll be full steam ahead on Destiny 3?

If they actually had an A team (hell even a good B team) supporting these games with content long term they could have real legs. It's hard to get invested with the current model, especially knowing how huge the content draughts were in D1 and how the exact same approach is being taken now (only with less content).

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I'd be skeptical of the new DLC info until it's announced by Bungie themselves

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I've been rather annoyed that Destiny 2 interferes with Chrome's ability to play video, but Edge seems to work just fine. Time to switch main browser?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Peewi posted:

I've been rather annoyed that Destiny 2 interferes with Chrome's ability to play video, but Edge seems to work just fine. Time to switch main browser?

Somebody have to volunter using rebranded-Internet Explorer, so we avoid a monoculture of browsers. But is hard to me to accept that even my worst enemy would use IE.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

So I guess Bungie's currently putting most of their time into the equivalent of Taken King and then it'll be full steam ahead on Destiny 3?

If they actually had an A team (hell even a good B team) supporting these games with content long term they could have real legs. It's hard to get invested with the current model, especially knowing how huge the content draughts were in D1 and how the exact same approach is being taken now (only with less content).

From some of the past developer interviews, that was promised to be exactly the plan and the mistake they wouldn't make again: "Complete re-launch of Destiny! Make it the game is was supposed to be! We can do so many server side tweaks now with the new same but somehow updated game engine! No more waiting for major patches for gun balance tweaks!, We now got a core team and a live team working on content!, etc. etc."

Even the Osiris expansion was blown way out of proportion by Bungie until they realized at the last minute they didn't have enough content to do a 3rd live stream of the DLC.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Maybe a large content drought is exactly what the game needs. It would be like a large slap in the face of the game to exorcise the stupidity out.

Give time for the live team to do his magiks and undo/heal some of the most gamer-adverse decisions.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I can't help but wonder what the pvp team is doing. (If there is one)
Why aren't they porting over the old pvp infrastructure? Why do they need almost half a year to reimplement private matches? It doesn't make sense to me.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

QuasiQuack posted:

I can't help but wonder what the pvp team is doing. (If there is one)
Why aren't they porting over the old pvp infrastructure? Why do they need almost half a year to reimplement private matches? It doesn't make sense to me.

They are probably testing weapons and finishing new maps. Maybe they test and code more than we see, as for producing quality they may be rejecting prototypes that lack quality.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tei posted:

They are probably testing weapons [...] Maybe they test and code more than we see, as for producing quality they may be rejecting prototypes that lack quality.

Sure would be a welcome change after the Pro Lens.

Don't get me wrong, it was funny and fun, but... Yeah...

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I actually do think a delay would be the best thing to do in D2's case, Bungie has a lot to work on, that a small DLC launching just 3-4 months after CoO cannot possibly do in time.

If the leak is true it sounds a lot more interesting than CoO did, since it's a continuation of Destiny 1's story.

QuasiQuack posted:

I'm already looking for a new game to waste all my time on :saddowns:

looks like it's going to be monster hunter world

That's me as well, unfortunately Capcom are being dickheads and won't even start work on the PC version until the console versions are out. It'll be summer or fall 2018 before we see it. The trend of PC versions releasing much later despite being an even larger demographic than Xbox One is loving tiring.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
BTW it sounds like there's some pretty indisputable evidence that the Mars DLC stuff was fake

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Manky posted:

Sure would be a welcome change after the Pro Lens.

Don't get me wrong, it was funny and fun, but... Yeah...

Software developers fix all the bugs they see, but don't fix bugs they can't see.
You would be surprised the size of the bugs that a group of people may ignore, despite being there, dancing below their nose, inside a blind spot.

At some point, is necessary to invite new eyes to see software, because only new eyes would see the reality of the software. People that has been working with the software have trained their eyes and hand to avoid the parts that crash or are lovely.

I have tried to convince my coworkers to kidnap 5 years old from random places in our city, to check if our software is retarded. I am pretty sure a 5 years old will spot flaws that people working here just simply can't see.

Software developers test their software a million times, and then 2 million times again. But testing more times don't really help it. Is testing it with different fresh eyes.

A-kill-eez heel posted:

When Achilles was born, his mother wanted to make him immortal and thus, dipped him in the river Styx. However, she did not realise that his heel, by which she held him, was not touched by the waters, and so that was the only part of his body that remained mortal.

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Dec 28, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

BTW it sounds like there's some pretty indisputable evidence that the Mars DLC stuff was fake

I dunno, this is the *third* time I’ve seen a variant of this in the wild. I’ll agree that it doesn’t look complete, but it’s getting reposted and not taken down, which for the social experiment of the Destiny Subreddit is impressive. A company as secretive as Bungie would be all over that, you’d think.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I think the "leaks" are inspired by datamined information from the files in the game.

The part I believe will be true is frames has "new" enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tei posted:

I think the "leaks" are inspired by datamined information from the files in the game.

The part I believe will be true is frames has "new" enemy.

This makes sense, too. Guess we’ll see...

I still have a ton left to do in CoO, and I only *just* hit 330 on my main last week.

• Locked thread