Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

voltcatfish posted:

wait, you can farm cores in Mor Ardain?

use a normal salvaging cylinder, purposefully gently caress up the minigame, make sure you don't have any blades with salvage master on. most of the time you'll fish up a hermit crab mob which has a good chance of dropping a rare core crystal, 100% if you overkill it with a chain attack.

practically speaking, you could also coast on free and story blades (most of which are quite good) until the 60's, at which point you can driver combo high-level enemies over and over to farm legendary cores way faster than the mor ardain method would give you rare cores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

My 6 year old daughter just used an empty roll of wrapping paper as a megaphone to announce FLORA HEALS AN ACHING SOUL :negative:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

You have a very good daughter.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Is there a point of no return? I got to the Final Chapter and want to make sure I can still do stuff.

Also were there any important quests in Indor? I lost the ability to go there a while ago, and it doesn't seem like I'll ever be able to get back.

U-DO Burger posted:

My 6 year old daughter just used an empty roll of wrapping paper as a megaphone to announce FLORA HEALS AN ACHING SOUL :negative:

Please open your hearts to me.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Ytlaya posted:

Has anyone tried making Nia/Four/Five into roles other than their default ones (once the chapter 8 mechanic for Rex opens up and you can remove their default blades)? In particular, I'm wondering if other characters are notably bad at healing in comparison. A quick glance seemed to indicate that Four/Five don't get much in the way of direct healing abilities from healing blade weapon skills, and instead just get the potion dropping skills.

I'm increasingly thinking Rex as healer might actually work fine, especially since his default blade still has a potion-generation skill and not all healing blades have direct healing skills.
I played the whole game as healer Rex and it made everything extremely easy. I also beat all the level 100+ super bosses with it. it's probably one of the strongest setups you can do. if you have a bitball blade and spec it fully for damage you can fully heal your party each 3 seconds while hitting enemies for 50k HP per driver art. that's not to mention the plot healing blade that makes you almost invincible when maxed out.

Astrognome
Jun 2, 2011
Ugh chapter six I knew about the ice pillar but now I'm past that and the stupid waypoint keeps getting further away not closer, and now there's a collapsed ice bridge that needs 5 focus and blargh. Am I even going the right direction?

At least I have number one best character Zeke to keep me company now.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hey thanks for the hot cores tip

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Astrognome posted:

Ugh chapter six I knew about the ice pillar but now I'm past that and the stupid waypoint keeps getting further away not closer, and now there's a collapsed ice bridge that needs 5 focus and blargh. Am I even going the right direction?

At least I have number one best character Zeke to keep me company now.

That ice bridge is an option area. The gigantic pillar you're on should have a vertical segment that lets you climb down.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I don't understand how you're supposed to True Perfect Stage 1, even on Easy. That loving red fish is the worst.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

I don't understand how you're supposed to True Perfect Stage 1, even on Easy. That loving red fish is the worst.

That's the hardest part but you can kite them around pretty easily by popping in and out of the upper left hand corner

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Are there any videos of people getting true perfects on Stages 3/4/5. Id like to see that

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm starting to get used to the red fish, so hopefully I can get there. Still can't avoid getting hit, but I've gotten no-kill, all-ether, and all-treasure so far.

Do later stages have bigger ether payouts, or is it better to grind only stage 1?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You get such a huge payout for doing it I think it's easier to just grind stage 1 bc your success rate will be higher, and you still get a fair amount of 3-5 ranked gear to sell as well

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pollyanna posted:

You don't get anything for getting a "True Perfect" (which I assume is all medals + pacifist?) as far as I know. You can get the 50k required for poppi's affinity nodes just getting a regular perfect. I think I ended up with 60k doing that. AFAIK score doesn't really mean anything as far as rewards are concerned.

Well, I guess you get the satisfaction of having done it, but gently caress that.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

https://twitter.com/retrocombine/status/946209284047609858

:cool:

Astrognome
Jun 2, 2011

its curtains for Kevin posted:

That ice bridge is an option area. The gigantic pillar you're on should have a vertical segment that lets you climb down.

Thanks. I find it way too easy to miss vertical climbing terrain sometimes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
the hell, why was Tora's dad bleeped out during the sidequest start to Poppi form 3? Some weird copyright?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Tae posted:

the hell, why was Tora's dad bleeped out during the sidequest start to Poppi form 3? Some weird copyright?

I had the JP audio on, but I think it was a copyright thing, yes - you can reference all sorts of poo poo in media without paying royalties as long as you don't namedrop it, so they just bleep part of the name out. I forget what it was referencing though, Ant Man maybe?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
stage 5 of tiger tiger has some exclusive rare drops, the master (rank VI) versions of the class mods and the light elemental core. you can turn poppi into a superboss-soloing monstrosity just fine without them though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

You don't get anything for getting a "True Perfect" (which I assume is all medals + pacifist?) as far as I know. You can get the 50k required for poppi's affinity nodes just getting a regular perfect. I think I ended up with 60k doing that. AFAIK score doesn't really mean anything as far as rewards are concerned.

Well, I guess you get the satisfaction of having done it, but gently caress that.

Actually you do get a 5th medal and a huge point bonus

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

In Training posted:

Actually you do get a 5th medal and a huge point bonus

I don't mean to harp on you because this happened earlier tonight but...

IcePhoenix posted:

AFAIK score doesn't really mean anything as far as rewards are concerned.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pollyanna posted:

What's probably getting you is that the fucker has a brief i-frame after the first hit. Stagger the second hit by a second and you can kill them pretty easily.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What's probably getting you is that the fucker has a brief i-frame after the first hit. Stagger the second hit by a second and you can kill them pretty easily.

You can’t kill them on a pacifist run.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Zoran posted:

You can’t kill them on a pacifist run.

gently caress that, every single one of them dies on every run i make.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

How much better is a pacifist run compared to a kill-everything run?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If you let a red shark get close to you, you can double hit it with a single attack. This helps later with the upgraded red shark.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't mean to harp on you because this happened earlier tonight but...

Hmm, I think score does have some kind of impact. Because when I do that on stage 1 I pull up multiple level V pieces pretty often, unless that can just always happen on Stage 1 and the only difference is what kinds of items you pull up

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

There's no way I'm doing pacifist runs unless they boost rare drop rates

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
score definitely impacts the quality of the things you get out of the chests, which is yet another reason i've never going to have a master muscle mod on poppi

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Goddammit

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Reiterpallasch posted:

score definitely impacts the quality of the things you get out of the chests, which is yet another reason i've never going to have a master muscle mod on poppi

I've gotten two so far trying to get that light core :v:

I actually break 20k quite a bit on stage five because I frequently get no damage + all chests to go with ~50 ether

my other white whales right now are the level two boosts of the strength, HP, or ether that your roles give you

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Huh, after bitching about this did a couple 20k runs and got a master dex mod and light core so cool

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
aaaaa gently caress the game crashed and i lost like five hours of loving running around trying to find food for pekka's stupid picky ardun. i don't feed my party members this well, you rear end in a top hat!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Momomo posted:

Is there a point of no return? I got to the Final Chapter and want to make sure I can still do stuff.

Also were there any important quests in Indor? I lost the ability to go there a while ago, and it doesn't seem like I'll ever be able to get back.
In order:
-yes, and they explicitly announce it with a system-level popup that says "once you go through this door, your game saves and if you die it'll kick you out to the main menu and you reload outside this door, this is the point of no return" so you literally can't miss it
-nope, there's one of the four things for The Riddle on the Wall there but it moves to Fonsett Island, just below whatshername's house on the wall by the crop field (and if you can't interact with it there, advance the plot, because as I found out myself it has an invisible trigger that's after its actual appearance)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DACK FAYDEN posted:

In order:
-yes, and they explicitly announce it with a system-level popup that says "once you go through this door, your game saves and if you die it'll kick you out to the main menu and you reload outside this door, this is the point of no return" so you literally can't miss it

Just to be a bit more specific, this is the door to the final boss so you're not going to be losing any real amount of game time if you fail.

Also there's a general dissonance between story progression in the World Tree and the outside world. Don't worry too much about what's going on on the Titans while you see the major cities getting attacked or Mor Ardain prepping for evacuation in cutscenes near the end, as far as they're concerned you're still at the point of just getting inside the World Tree.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oh, you get better rewards if you can no-hit, pacifist run, all-chests a stage of Tiger Tiger huh?

That's

That's just grand

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Oh, one other thing about Four--their default Blade can Break and they have a really low cooldown on their Break art with fists, so they're a good choice to put a Beta Scope on and go to town with if you're repeatedly smashing mobs for loot.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Xarbala posted:

Oh, you get better rewards if you can no-hit, pacifist run, all-chests a stage of Tiger Tiger huh?

That's

That's just grand

I just got top tier rewards for a run that was just all treasure/no damage taken so it's not like anything is gated by pacifist runs. You're just more likely to get good stuff

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

TurnipFritter posted:

Oh no, I bet that really ruins the four cutscenes in the game. But if there's no online, that means you can't do the global nemesis for BP tickets or whatever, right?

The real problem is it flashes. There's this constant flashing thing in the top corner catching your peripheral vision. The cutscene thing just stands out as extra silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I got Floren on someone who is not Nia, should I overdrive him onto Nia

E: I also got a Nim for the 4th character, should I overdrive her to Nia

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Dec 28, 2017