Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
A -atk Spring Chrom from the free summon, that's a cute unit who I will never use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Why did I think that we get the green legendary hero for free, is it because I'm an idiot

There's still hope we will get a free one when the actual story chapters featuring her drop, we got Fjorm from the story after all

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm abandoning wtharja for this new banner

7th dancer for aa is too good

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Everyone, please pray that I get spring Chrom. Thanks

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Didn’t notice the New Years banner had leaked until after I spent way too many orbs trying to get a drat 5* on the legendary banner, and now I feel like an idiot.

A dupe Spring Chrom, +spd -atk Blucina, and +Hp -res new horse lady were not at all worth it, not when I like all the NY units way better :smith:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

blizzardvizard posted:

There's still hope we will get a free one when the actual story chapters featuring her drop, we got Fjorm from the story after all

Yeah, it's possible that this is a trap to get people to roll while they're still uncertain.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Legendary banner got me a 4* Fae (!) and a Sigurd in 15 orbs so I'm done

Seems like my Sigurd is -ATK/+DEF, which isn't great but should still be workable

Andrast fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Dec 28, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
9.5%

this sucks.

They need to change the pools, gently caress, I'm so sick of getting the same boring characters again and again.

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Dec 28, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't want an Amelia. Armors suck.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm definitely saving the rest of my orbs for the flying dancer

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Actually, now that I think about it, Takumi having to share the spotlight on the upcoming banner with Corrin is incredibly appropriate.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't want an Amelia. Armors suck.

Amelia (well armour march) makes armour units not suck to use.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I already have Ninian, two flavours of Azura, and two flavours of Olivia and I barely even use the dagger version of the latter, so I do not care for another dancer. Bit of a shame because ignoring some terrain and fart-arsing around with Flier Formation and Guidance would be fun, and probably insufferable to deal with in the arena. Everyone else is a big fat meh.

For the heroes banner, I paid some spare change for a Play card (literally, I had 1500 yen worth of coins in my wallet weighing me down) and 9 extra orbs and ended up with a -ATK Amelia. I can't be unhappy with a 5* after so few orbs, but I would have preferred any of the colourless units or Fjorm's T H I C C sister, but I guess I've got a brand-new axe for Titania then. I least I didn't get Chrom'd.

Back to saving for Hone Dragons/Anna variations/Flying archer/Flying staff then.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Henry/lissa/flyer wrecks shop on 90 percent of maps because they just completely ignore terrain.

edit: I just realized that THEY COVERED CORRIN AND AZURA'S FEET

best banner ever

Tae fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Dec 28, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I have so many decent axes (Hector, Frederick, Barst, W!Chrom, W!Lissa) that I can't see myself pulling for anymore outside of Basilio or a seasonal Hector.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Remember the 3 As: Always drAw Axes

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
In the weapon refinery video, why did they call Caeda Shiida? Isn't it officially Caeda now

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

In the weapon refinery video, why did they call Caeda Shiida? Isn't it officially Caeda now
She's called Shiida in the EU version of Shadow Dragon, so maybe they just got confused.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

IIRC the “Cae” part of Caeda’s name is pronounced the same way as Caesar. So it ends up sounding like Shiida anyways

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

BlackPersona posted:

IIRC the “Cae” part of Caeda’s name is pronounced the same way as Caesar. So it ends up sounding like Shiida anyways

wow I hate the english language.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

It's pronounced like Caesar in Warriors, too. I am just glad to finally have confirmation on how to say it.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
Except Caesar is supposed to be pronounced Kai-sar so in short, gently caress the English language.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
:hist101:Ave, true to Caeda.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Wow. over 180 orbs sniping colorless for Elise and I got... Innes. That's it.

Got a bunch of skill fodder, at least? Hawkeye, Setsunax2, Selena, Oscar(!), Lachesis, KLEIN, Gordinx2, Serrax2, Kagero, and my first ever Jakobx2

Now I can give Death Blow 2 to someone who doesn't have it yet and DB3 to someone worthy. Current candidates are: Brave Axe Freddie (4*+5), HJakob (plan to build like a ranged Effie), Cordelia.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

FUN TIME
I'll consider myself lucky for pulling a Fjorm with only 20 orbs. She's +spd/-def; that's... bad for the way I use her (I'd actually prefer it the other way around). Now I've got to figure out whether to just merge her, or give atk/def bond to one of my tanks. It could do very nicely on quite a few of them.

Oh, and gently caress this game if this banner is the only way to get Gunnthra. They can big up the 8% rate all they like, she's still sandbagged by one mediocre axedork and an armoured axe user when there's two on the seasonal banner already. I'm going to lose interest in FEH fast if we have to save up for one good banner every month and everything else is just bait.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Murderion posted:

I'll consider myself lucky for pulling a Fjorm with only 20 orbs. She's +spd/-def; that's... bad for the way I use her (I'd actually prefer it the other way around). Now I've got to figure out whether to just merge her, or give atk/def bond to one of my tanks. It could do very nicely on quite a few of them.

Oh, and gently caress this game if this banner is the only way to get Gunnthra. They can big up the 8% rate all they like, she's still sandbagged by one mediocre axedork and an armoured axe user when there's two on the seasonal banner already. I'm going to lose interest in FEH fast if we have to save up for one good banner every month and everything else is just bait.

All of the banners lately have been good

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm just sick of getting the same fodder characters again and again. If I see Niles one more time

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

30 to 35-ish orbs and I got a replacement Innes. This one is -HP +ATK as opposed to the -SPD +DEF one I had before; an immense improvement. Now, to merge or to pass on Cancel Affinity (or Fortress Res) to someone else...?

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

FUN TIME

Andrast posted:

All of the banners lately have been good

Yeah, and that's part of the problem. It's not a bunch of cool new poo poo, it's a bunch of cool new poo poo you won't get unless you spend money on a glorified slot machine. When I saw the new year's banner, I wasn't excited, I just felt... tired. I'm cleaned out of orbs, I'll get enough for one full pull, maybe two in the next week. Meanwhile all the new characters are gonna be shoved in my face every time I open the app, every time I go to the arena, and in their own cutesy little paralogue.

I know it's nothing new and the nature of the gacha beast, it just feels like they've really ramped it up over the last few weeks.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Got Spring Chrom on my free pull and eventually got a neutral Gunnthra

I'm done with this banner, now to wait for the New Years one for Azura (maybe)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
give me some banners with shitters so I can save orbs, please.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Welp I'm done with this banner. 2 Spring Chroms, both -atk, and one Gunnthera, neutral.

and a BRIDAL CHARLOTTE. +hp,-res

gonna give her a slaying lance and have her own bones

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

You also got a neutral Gunnthera?

I wonder if that's coincidence or if she can only be summoned with neutral stats

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

I wonder if that's coincidence or if she can only be summoned with neutral stats

It's a coincidence

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

It's just coincidence. Neutral rolls are still possible

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Tired Moritz posted:

give me some banners with shitters so I can save orbs, please.

That'd be the New Years banner if they didn't put in a drat dancing flyer.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Murderion posted:

Yeah, and that's part of the problem. It's not a bunch of cool new poo poo, it's a bunch of cool new poo poo you won't get unless you spend money on a glorified slot machine. When I saw the new year's banner, I wasn't excited, I just felt... tired. I'm cleaned out of orbs, I'll get enough for one full pull, maybe two in the next week. Meanwhile all the new characters are gonna be shoved in my face every time I open the app, every time I go to the arena, and in their own cutesy little paralogue.

I know it's nothing new and the nature of the gacha beast, it just feels like they've really ramped it up over the last few weeks.
I had pretty much the same experience with this game some time ago. At some point I realized that I was just getting caught up in all the hype surrounding the new characters and that led me to pulling on banners I wasn't even that interested in. I stopped spending money on this game and now I'm just pulling for characters that seem cute/cool/interesting and building up characters that can be pulled at 3* or 4*. If I get what I want from new banners? That's cool, but even if I don't get anything I can still spend my feathers on the characters I already have and maybe I get some rare skill fodder if I'm lucky.

I already have a big roster of 5* units though, so the temptation to pull isn't as big as when I had less units. Also, getting new shiny units is kinda what makes the game fun when there's a drought of content like we have right now, but it's important to remember that this constant influx of awesome banners is what Gacha games use to try and tempt players into spending money.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I always look back to my roster, which has now way too many units for arena assault at this point. Would I want a WTharja and WRobin? Yes, but I also have Ayra, Nephenee, and still haven't really tried a flier emblem team yet despite getting a spring camilla.

I've been winning arena with basically the same team for forever, there's no real reason to pull other than liking that character. If you want to spend, spend it on actual FE games.

edit: Sad times, Camilla is drawn by Mikuro. The Sawashiro Miyuki streak is dead.

Tae fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 28, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Everything about Gunnthra's level 40 conversation is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I have pulled way too much on this banner, going for only greens, and came away with... two Amelias, two Spring Chroms, and no Gunnthras.

A little peeved. But hey, +4 Amelia here I come.