Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

cage-free egghead posted:

Why doesn't that loving tracker have now many Lex runs I've done?

I had a discussion with someone on this at the last GE and we figured between farming Barrets/MDR pre-GE and farming credits during the GE we had to be at several hundred clears of the level by this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Only 40 hours in for me so far. And 0.9% completion. :aaa:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
52 days, 5 hours.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Funny that with all my hours I'm still probably the worst one to ask about good builds, lol. My builds were all pretty bad until recently.

Also, don't ask me about my Destiny 1 playtime

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Sandweed posted:

If you mindlessly just equip every blue gear item that drops you can easily end up with no stam pieces and then you are dead.

It’s not difficult to get in the dz and collect divtech with nothing but a decent gun and any random gear, at which point you craft gold, so no

If it works for you to only take Stam pieces, keep doing it. That’s cool. But it’s not essential once you figure out a couple dz routes and can get divtech without running into yellow enemies.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 28, 2017

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I tried Marco's Solo DZ Nomad build and even with chest & backpack with ammo capacity I don't understand how he doesn't run out of ammo every few minutes, when running 2 ARs and Immunizer instead of Ammo Box. I assume his is just for PVP only because gently caress trying to clear landmarks with that build, you'd have to go back to checkpoints constantly

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well my weekly chests got.me another goddamn Blizzard Holster, and two more Barret chests. gently caress sake.

I do wish specific exotics would be removed from the loot pool for a period after you get one. If I was seeing new stuff I wouldn't be half as irritated.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Well my weekly chests got.me another goddamn Blizzard Holster, and two more Barret chests. gently caress sake.

I do wish specific exotics would be removed from the loot pool for a period after you get one. If I was seeing new stuff I wouldn't be half as irritated.

Yes! I feel like the weekly and exotic caches have weighted drop rates for the old exotics yet everyone in skirmish has a house somehow.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Regarding poo poo exotics, you might still want to hold on to any Thompsons with good perks because Terry Spier said on a recent stream that it's getting reworked. Not that it was hard to figure out because how can they not rework it

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

afkmacro posted:

Yes! I feel like the weekly and exotic caches have weighted drop rates for the old exotics

they don't. It's frustrating, believe me, I agree. My quest for a reasonable Devil/Heel agrees. But it's simple math. I believe we've talked about this before :v:

Roman posted:

Regarding poo poo exotics, you might still want to hold on to any Thompsons with good perks because Terry Spier said on a recent stream that it's getting reworked. Not that it was hard to figure out because how can they not rework it

no roman

no

you can't make me hoard more exotics

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 28, 2017

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Psion posted:

they don't. It's frustrating, believe me, I agree. My quest for a reasonable Devil/Heel agrees. But it's simple math. I believe we've talked about this before :v:

no roman

no

you can't make me hoard more exotics

Yeah I know :( It's just I don't want ever want to see another hungry hog.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

afkmacro posted:

Yeah I know :( It's just I don't want ever want to see another hungry hog.

the list of exotics I don't want to see again is unfortunately long at this point. I got real sympathy for poptarts and their perpetual quest to Not Get Another Bliss' Holster

like personally i'd like to see:
-a better MDR
-a good talent devil or heel
-maybe another big alejandro with good talents I guess

that's a pretty drat narrow list. I'm sure most people are in the same boat.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Roman posted:

Well poo poo, I just found one with pretty good skills on it the other night. Exciting!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Psion posted:

the list of exotics I don't want to see again is unfortunately long at this point. I got real sympathy for poptarts and their perpetual quest to Not Get Another Bliss' Holster

I've never even seen a Bliss Holster, but if I never again see another Cadecous or MC Skulls gloves I'd be pretty happy about that.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

The Locator posted:

I've never even seen a Bliss Holster, but if I never again see another Cadecous or MC Skulls gloves I'd be pretty happy about that.

I've gotten like 4 Bliss Holsters in the last week (and I have no other real Exotics, just keep getting that one over and over) and I would love to have an MC Skulls pair... I wanna fool around with weird non-set builds since I'm not gonna have a classy set anytime soon.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Fuzz posted:

I've gotten like 4 Bliss Holsters in the last week (and I have no other real Exotics, just keep getting that one over and over) and I would love to have an MC Skulls pair... I wanna fool around with weird non-set builds since I'm not gonna have a classy set anytime soon.

Go do some LZ World Bosses, they love to drop Cadecous and MC Skulls gloves.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Roman posted:

I tried Marco's Solo DZ Nomad build and even with chest & backpack with ammo capacity I don't understand how he doesn't run out of ammo every few minutes, when running 2 ARs and Immunizer instead of Ammo Box. I assume his is just for PVP only because gently caress trying to clear landmarks with that build, you'd have to go back to checkpoints constantly

It’s safe to assume that unless Marco specifically says otherwise everything he does is for PVP.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Marco's D3-FNC/Defense PvP build. I have a 6 pc (but no House) on PS4, I'd like to try this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBfOIOORFSA

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico
The double loot for leveling up ended today? I was hoping to do it again today. Only got 18 boxes.

Tomorrow is my day off for Christmas and I'll probably be playing most of the day. Anyone on PS4 want to do HVTs, PVP, Resistance, etc...?

PSN: Wristcrack

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003

Roman posted:

Marco's D3-FNC/Defense PvP build. I have a 6 pc (but no House) on PS4, I'd like to try this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBfOIOORFSA

Hell yea. Classy 6pc D3 is the only set i have where all the rolls are where i want them. Now i just need a mountain of div tech to fully optimize.

Guess i should reroll for skillpower so i can hit max shield health.

Veritas fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 28, 2017

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
How is everyone farming div tech? I can do some loops in the dz to make around 50 a day with caches. I know the WSP is dropping div tech now as well but I would assume the DZ comes out in a per div tech per hour formula? That D3 build video is insane.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
is there a right way to kill those giant rikers machine gun assholes when you're solo? I know you can shoot em in the back to set them off, but that doesnt help much when they're facing you and murdering the gently caress out of you at a million dps
at the moment I stay more or less in cover and just try to spam them down before they kill me, which mostly works but is a shitload harder than almost anything else in the game

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Busting their ammo pack is the way to go, yeah. I really dislike that they're just a sack of hit points with a machine gun though so I know what you mean.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Any other guides/content creator out there other than Marco? Not really liking the PVP focus on his guides considering I mostly do PVE content. I get that most of it is for surviving rogues in DZ, but eh.

Anyway, just got back into this and started over on PC. I can't believe how much loot drops now. I used to play a lot during release all the way up to when they first released gear sets and I remember how loving miserable it was back on those days. Though it kinda sucks how crafting is mostly an afterthought now. I didn't realize this and was deconstructing most things on my PC playthrough.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

awesmoe posted:

is there a right way to kill those giant rikers machine gun assholes when you're solo? I know you can shoot em in the back to set them off, but that doesnt help much when they're facing you and murdering the gently caress out of you at a million dps
at the moment I stay more or less in cover and just try to spam them down before they kill me, which mostly works but is a shitload harder than almost anything else in the game

Yeah they're difficult, basically if you can get them hit with a status effect that stuns them, then try setting off the ammo pack and then use that time to just magdump into their face.

It's not easy though and yeah they throw tons of damage.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

awesmoe posted:

toss a grenade at them, use cover to cover moves, wait it out until they throw a grenade at you - anything to get them to quit shooting for a second so you can shoot their rear end. Best yet, if they start to toss a grenade and you lay on enough damage they drop it at their feet and then stagger/bleed from their own grenade, where you can then just shoot them.

failing that, enemy heavies like that love running over to kick a turret or heal station. Drop either of those somewhere away from you and they might go chase it instead of you, giving you a chance to hit them in the backpack.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Psion posted:

like personally i'd like to see:
-a better MDR

Turn the FALs into semi autos, done.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Seriously. make up a new talent, put some gold on the stock just like Historian, new exotic for us to all get mad about not getting.

massive, hire me so I can make everyone suffer

Kibayasu posted:

It’s safe to assume that unless Marco specifically says otherwise everything he does is for PVP.

yeah, this is very true. also personally I don't think he's as good at pve builds. I'm pretty sure his skill as a player just lets him smash through pve and he's not getting pushed to really think about it like he does for pvp and he doesn't put in that extra effort like he does for PVP guides? Or maybe he's just not willing to specialize to the degree I am. I'd recommend his poo poo as a guide to how the stupid math in this game works no question, and for general pvp knowledge he's solid af. But for pve, listen to me instead :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 28, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Twlight posted:

How is everyone farming div tech? I can do some loops in the dz to make around 50 a day with caches. I know the WSP is dropping div tech now as well but I would assume the DZ comes out in a per div tech per hour formula? That D3 build video is insane.

Assuming no one else is going for the same sealed caches/DT cases you are and assuming you don't die or have to wait out Rogues then the DZ is faster. WSP is just you and the NPCs.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
i pugged legendary napalm and we wiped on 4 agents once and everyone left

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Alright so I've got a day off over the weekend and my partners away, so I'm going to just sit down and grind Last Stand for those last two loving trophies and Ubi challenges. Just got to win about 40 more games and capture the same amount of objectives...

What quick and easy build do you guys suggest? My shield is nigh-on loving useless in PvP due to the damage modifier, and I don't have a group like Marco, so I was thinking firecrest or reclaimer. Just stick myself up someone's butt and hope we're coordinated enough to actually win.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
reclaimer is always worth it if the people you're with aren't completely retarded, which, as you're pugging, is 60-40 not in your favor

spaceships fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 29, 2017

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

It sure is, game. It sure is.

poptart_fairy posted:

Alright so I've got a day off over the weekend and my partners away, so I'm going to just sit down and grind Last Stand for those last two loving trophies and Ubi challenges. Just got to win about 40 more games and capture the same amount of objectives...

don't do this to yourself

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
the mother loving kobking

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

spaceships posted:

i pugged legendary napalm and we wiped on 4 agents once and everyone left

I hate when that happens. It's worse when you get near the end and wipe then one or all get disheartened at having to start at the last checkpoint so they quit. Like, come on, we were almost there, get back on that horse! :argh: Oh well.

poptart_fairy posted:

What quick and easy build do you guys suggest? My shield is nigh-on loving useless in PvP due to the damage modifier, and I don't have a group like Marco, so I was thinking firecrest or reclaimer. Just stick myself up someone's butt and hope we're coordinated enough to actually win.

:eyepop:

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
oh, it turns out I have been getting classified sets, I just didn't notice the icons and so have been vendoring them

so thats cool

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

awesmoe posted:

oh, it turns out I have been getting classified sets, I just didn't notice the icons and so have been vendoring them

so thats cool

I did that when I first got back to the game also. Good times.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

awesmoe posted:

so thats cool

Ouch that really sucks man, sorry 😐

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

awesmoe posted:

so thats cool

I want to say there's a buyback tab but I haven't played enough to have to worry about space in my stash yet so any green stuff goes there, and other stuff I just dismantle. I don't know how far back it goes if it even exists, but I really want to say there's a buyback tab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

I want to say there's a buyback tab but I haven't played enough to have to worry about space in my stash yet so any green stuff goes there, and other stuff I just dismantle. I don't know how far back it goes if it even exists, but I really want to say there's a buyback tab.
It lasts until you log out