Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Southpaugh posted:

Patrick Stewart is currently married to a woman nearly 40 years younger than him! Now thats an age gap!

Age is just a number? He's young at heart? Next you'll be tut-tutting Anna Nicole Smith's marriage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Southpaugh posted:

Patrick Stewart is currently married to a woman nearly 40 years younger than him! Now thats an age gap!

He was like 15 years older than his second wife (who was a producer on The Next Generation), he was notorious for sleeping with almost all of the female guest stars, and when Piller took over the show, Stewart--who was considering leaving when his contract was up at the end of the third season--said he wanted the captain to do "more shooting and loving."

Dude was a legendary horndog on that set.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Stewarts wife was like 30ish when they met though, so whatever.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

Speaking of, is there a good behind the scenes book on TNG? Every story I hear about it is the craziest poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

There's an episode of the next generation where Q sends Picard back to high school, but still played by Patrick Stewart, his love interest is played by a seventeen year old and there is totally a make out scene.

The last time this came up in the Trek thread someone pointed out that JC Brandy was 18 when they shot that episode.

Also Tapestry is the best TNG episode if only for the first 5 minutes.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Speaking of, is there a good behind the scenes book on TNG? Every story I hear about it is the craziest poo poo.

Original series plus the first six movies.

Next Generation, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, the other movies through Into Darkness.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Oh hell yeah. Thank you Timby.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Timby posted:

He was like 15 years older than his second wife (who was a producer on The Next Generation), he was notorious for sleeping with almost all of the female guest stars, and when Piller took over the show, Stewart--who was considering leaving when his contract was up at the end of the third season--said he wanted the captain to do "more shooting and loving."

I’ve always had this mental image of Stewart as a classy guy and now that’s gone

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
It's just the accent, man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sponges posted:

I’ve always had this mental image of Stewart as a classy guy and now that’s gone

He's a British redneck. Not a bad thing mind you, he's just got that classy accent.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Well it's the accent, and then also Picard and Professor X are like two of the most classy characters one could possibly be famous for. Hell, even his recent neo-Nazi character was pretty classy all things considered.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

sponges posted:

One of his favorite tv shows to watch after work was Beavis & Butthead. IIRC I think he even did voice work on an episode.

I don't blame him for wanting Picard to get laid. Picard was the anti-Kirk, always getting cockblocked in the worst ways

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

His work in Seth McFarlane shows seem to be closer to the real man.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
SNL's Erotic Cake Salesman may have hinted at a darker truth...

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

SNL's Erotic Cake Salesman may have hinted at a darker truth...
That is one of my favorite SNL sketches ever because it is seriously the worst SNL sketch ever but it's only funny because it's Patrick Stewart doing it

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Roman posted:

That is one of my favorite SNL sketches ever because it is seriously the worst SNL sketch ever but it's only funny because it's Patrick Stewart doing it

The sketch is terrible and overlong like every bad SNL sketch but he hits it so hard every time.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

MorgaineDax posted:

Every single one of us in this thread would marry Patrick Stewart, so no sense complaining that other people got to him first.
I'm 50 years younger than Stewart and I'm straight male and I'd be more than happy to marry him, and I don't even like Star Trek.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I think the same thing goes for Goldblum, who wouldn't marry him?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Stewart and Goldblum should get fake(?) married like Shatner and Spader did.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

McSpanky posted:

And when the preacher asks if anyone objects Ian McKellan flips a goddamned pew over.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

And when the preacher asks if anyone objects Ian McKellan flips a goddamned pew over.

McKellen actually officiated the ceremony for Stewart and his current wife, as I recall.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Timby posted:

McKellen actually officiated the ceremony for Stewart and his current wife, as I recall.

I know that, I'm just saying, if any man is gonna get married to Stewart they'll have to go through Ian.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

McSpanky posted:

I keep telling myself whenever Shatner goes off on a MRA or redpill rant on Twitter that it's just the Mad Cow flaring up again.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

So the Stewart segment on Extras was 100% him being himself then.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

The Chaos on the Bridge doc and the book The Fifty-Year Mission: The Next 25 Years will do you.

quote:

He (Stewart) gave me, “The trouble with the show is the captain doesn’t get to fight and gently caress enough. That’s what it needs more of. It doesn’t need this kind of ‘Am I getting too old for the job?’ If they gave the job to Number One, I would say, ‘Good job, Number One, congratulations!’” That was that lunch. It was like killing a flea with an elephant gun.

I wrote the script and everyone seemed to like it. We filmed it and then I created this character of Vash and we had the big hot scene on The Next Generation, which is Picard and Vash in a cave, where else? We’re watching dailies and they start kissing and suddenly Ricky Manning is no longer cleaning his computer keys, he’s staring at the screen with his mouth hanging open going, “Are they swapping spit? They’re really going at it.” The next thing we hear is they’re a couple and he’s left his wife. So because we didn’t do “the captain has fears about becoming an admiral,” episode his marriage went south and he got himself a new girlfriend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, leaving your wife for another woman doesn't automatically make you a bad person.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
http://www.cracked.com/article_25311_a-forgotten-show-warned-us-about-harvey-weinstein-in-1999.html

Huh. Shame it was such a crap show, people might have clued in. Then again, maybe not.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

http://www.cracked.com/article_25311_a-forgotten-show-warned-us-about-harvey-weinstein-in-1999.html

Huh. Shame it was such a crap show, people might have clued in. Then again, maybe not.

Action was actually good, aside from being tonally weird. One thing that killed it was that it was written for cable and then had to be bleeped every half-second when aired on Fox. (Though they managed to squeeze one joke out of that with "there's a ******* bird on the set".)

e: And I figured it was more of a satire of the casting-couch tropes than an actual portrayal of what goes on, so yes, I missed it I guess.

Kangra fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Dec 29, 2017

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Wow, that is right on the nose!

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames
I remember watching Action as a kid and really liking it.

I always assumed Hollywood was exactly like that show in real life.

bad day fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 30, 2017

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Action was too good for this world.

And Beverly Hills Gun Club is STILL a great movie title.

I’ll never forget the image of the boss going helicopter golfing on production funds while preaching austerity to the point of ‘if it’s yellow let it mellow’.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

They should do one of these for one my favorite 90's shows, Profit. Hollywood has such high concentration of complete and total weirdos there's gotta be some sociopathic execs sleeping in the same cardboard boxes their parents kept them in as children.

Also, re: Terry Crews chat, season 4 of The Punisher needs to cast him as Barracuda.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

-Blackadder- posted:

They should do one of these for one my favorite 90's shows, Profit. Hollywood has such high concentration of complete and total weirdos there's gotta be some sociopathic execs sleeping in the same cardboard boxes their parents kept them in as children.

Also, re: Terry Crews chat, season 4 of The Punisher needs to cast him as Barracuda.

I don’t think the world is ready for a child murdering one handed mercenary terry crews

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

MrJacobs posted:

I don’t think the world is ready for a child murdering one handed mercenary terry crews

He doesn't really get credit for it but he's good at playing creepy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IMb8GFXHeI

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Action and Profit where both shows ahead of their time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Coffee And Pie posted:

He doesn't really get credit for it but he's good at playing creepy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IMb8GFXHeI

Is this Gamer? Because the link won't open for me.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yessir.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

sbaldrick posted:

Action and Profit where both shows ahead of their time.

If only there were someone who could come up with a plan to bring them back.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looks like Scientology only takes you so far as Danny Masterson has been dropped by his agent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Defending John Landis is especially dumb in lieu of Rod Serling being the far superior director