Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
It's more a one time might as well thing. Maybe they'll get buffed later or something. What else are you getting after armory slots and flux?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Someone I trusted told me the new Jonesy was good.

I was tipsy so I got him and levelled him to 30. He is pretty bad compared to the Halloween one.

Oh also, I don't really have a good constructor. I just got a Legendary Hotfix Hazard and have a rare Powerbase Knox. Should I upgrade the rarity on Knox, or use Hazard and use Knox for the support bonus?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
I was thinking about buying this game when it first came out but didn't because I wanted to hear if it was any good; so from what I've heard it's fun, and I'm mostly interested in the PvE. I see they're selling the packs for 50% off at the moment; is there a recommended sweet-spot or anything? It's really hard for me to judge what is worth what, not knowing how long it would take to earn that stuff through gameplay. Thanks.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Don't listen to them again then. Keep out is so good it more than makes up for less grenades and less regen unless you're just slamming a bunch into a smasher. In which case you want urban assault anyway. Which is what Halloween Jonesy is.

Don't use either of those constructor heroes in my opinion. There's better constructors than hotfixer, and you already have good enough heroes you don't need to sink anything into a blue.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Thanatosian posted:

I was thinking about buying this game when it first came out but didn't because I wanted to hear if it was any good; so from what I've heard it's fun, and I'm mostly interested in the PvE. I see they're selling the packs for 50% off at the moment; is there a recommended sweet-spot or anything? It's really hard for me to judge what is worth what, not knowing how long it would take to earn that stuff through gameplay. Thanks.
Get the base pack or one of the ones that give armory and/or backpack slots. Everything else is pretty replaceable. The legendary soldier in the one that gives you a hero choice is one of the best ones too if you don't want to wait to have a good hero. The laser sword you get from choosing ninja is energy plus element, which might be good if melee is ever buffed, but not really worth picking on its own unless you don't want the soldier.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Thanatosian posted:

It seems great for like 1-200 hours of fun.

It's a lot better with a friend on voice comms.

Just ask us before you level anything and you'll have a great time.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I was considering getting the "Limited Edition" for $75 and giving the two standard editions that come with it to friends to get them playing; if I do that, am I going to be partially fused with infinity, while they're trying to scrape together a handful of pennies for a pistol or something?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

For a week or two maybe. The preset perk event weapons are usually at least usable to good if they can complete one.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I can't call the new soldier meta or BiS or something like that. But I found it fun. It drops grenades that explode in more grenades with a long delayed explosion.

The builder or the ninja don't interest me. The outlander could be good or not, I have not tried it yet, but seems like their skills have too many requirements so it will not trigger has fast has would be interesting (he have to kill something like 60 mobs, I believe, and thats a lot of mobs, more than you realize).

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

I use Snow Jonesy as tactical support for my UAH (Skull Jonesy) , he's amazing. 5 grenade ammo is soooo good.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Seditiar posted:

I use Snow Jonesy as tactical support for my UAH (Skull Jonesy) , he's amazing. 5 grenade ammo is soooo good.

That was my consolation prize. Is that a snow Jonesy only buff? Because if so it was totally worth it.

Also FYI phase shift resets your vertical speed ...meaning just like double jump and shockwave if you use it before hitting the ground, no fall damage

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That was my consolation prize. Is that a snow Jonesy only buff? Because if so it was totally worth it.

Also FYI phase shift resets your vertical speed ...meaning just like double jump and shockwave if you use it before hitting the ground, no fall damage

Yeap, Snow Jonesy is the only hero who can give this. Normally the +2 grenade ammo perk was only available to the Mythic Grenadier and I believe 2 other heroes. But they didn't give it away as a bonus.

It saves an absolute boatload of ammo and if you're being efficient with them, you'll often get back to 4-5 charges even in defense missions. That way you'll easily be able to throw a double nade in a corridor if needed, so you have some time to focus the 3 chargers coming from the other side. Nothing survives my double nades, except healing modified husky husks. In open missions like Rescue the Survivors and Build the Radar grid it's even stronger. You can just use all 5 grenades on everything near a tower/survivor, as the run is usually long enough to generate most of them back anyway. Especially in Survivor/Radar objectives.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Dec 24, 2017

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I'm randomly getting a weird audio cue while ingame wich is really annoying. It sounds like a monster laugh, and for some reason its WAY louder the other sounds. It appears out of nowhere. Anybody else getting this, and if so, what causes it?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

GyverMac posted:

I'm randomly getting a weird audio cue while ingame wich is really annoying. It sounds like a monster laugh, and for some reason its WAY louder the other sounds. It appears out of nowhere. Anybody else getting this, and if so, what causes it?

I think it's related to the holiday event. I'm not sure because it's hard to be certain, but I think it's the santa exploding present guys activating or throwing their presents or something because it sounds like a zombified "Ho ho ho". It sounds like they're centering the audio on the players every time it happens which is definitely a bug.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Seditiar posted:

Yeap, Snow Jonesy is the only hero who can give this. Normally the +2 grenade ammo perk was only available to the Mythic Grenadier and I believe 2 other heroes. But they didn't give it away as a bonus.

It saves an absolute boatload of ammo and if you're being efficient with them, you'll often get back to 4-5 charges even in defense missions. That way you'll easily be able to throw a double nade in a corridor if needed, so you have some time to focus the 3 chargers coming from the other side. Nothing survives my double nades, except healing modified husky husks. In open missions like Rescue the Survivors and Build the Radar grid it's even stronger. You can just use all 5 grenades on everything near a tower/survivor, as the run is usually long enough to generate most of them back anyway. Especially in Survivor/Radar objectives.
I use grenadier and also basically never shoot anything on rescue or radar missions. I almost don't shoot anything except takers or blasters on destroy encampments either. Just throw a couple at the ground in the center right before everything spawns, stand in the death field, and shoot the blasters. Keep Out + Rucksack is good.

If I had to choose 3 keep out grenades with Izza plasma dot or 5 keep out grenades without it would be kind of a difficult choice though. The extra 48% damage is pretty nice if you wanna give a smasher that extra bump or are doing a super encampment solo without a safe platform and want to take out some blasters quickly, and it doesn't require them to stay in the circle for maximum effect. If I'm not mistaken, it's the plasma dot + keep out that triggers the second cluster explosion for grenadier as well.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/AT-27056983600-offset-12356-854x480.mp4

Lmao

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Is today's shop based on 24th December or 25th? It feels kinda meh for a main Christmas Llama rotation.

Stormshield.one says it's 24th, but no clue if Epic agrees.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Where's my super people llama epic.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I feel like I should like this game less than PUBG considering this one is free, has cartoon graphics, and seems like it also has lame lootbox implementation. But I enjoy it far more..? Someone please describe these new weird feelings, thanks.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
[

buglord posted:

I feel like I should like this game less than PUBG considering this one is free, has cartoon graphics, and seems like it also has lame lootbox implementation. But I enjoy it far more..? Someone please describe these new weird feelings, thanks.

quote="buglord" post="479664425"]
[/quote]

It’s a feeling that you deserve to not be abused by a company, PUBG is a buggy POS and the creators will never be able to fix it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

buglord posted:

Pubg sucks, this game doesn’t. It’s fairly easy to understand.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The loot boxes are also unrelated to BR afaik (I don't play BR tho)

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

You can unlock vanity stuff by leveling or just flat out buy it, but there's nothing lootboxy in BR (yet)

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I'm eyeing up the PvE packages now that I've played countless hours of Battle Royale because I feel obligated to support the game at this point.
Does it really matter much if I just go for the cheapest option? Like, do those schematics and lootbox extras offer a great amount that can't just be grinded out a little?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

FauxLeather posted:

I'm eyeing up the PvE packages now that I've played countless hours of Battle Royale because I feel obligated to support the game at this point.
Does it really matter much if I just go for the cheapest option? Like, do those schematics and lootbox extras offer a great amount that can't just be grinded out a little?

There's a few things the packages get you that the basic one doesn't, like a lot more armory slots to packrat junk and some backpack spaces and daily log-in rewards. The heroes and weapons aren't that big of a deal because the nearly constant ongoing events have those available. I'd probably get the standard edition and see if you like the game enough to upgrade to one of the bigger packages first. I didn't think I'd like the game based on its description but I've been playing a ton for the last couple of months and ended up getting the ultimate founder's package eventually.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

It's a lot better when you approach the game from how do I want to have fun instead of what should I grind so I'll theoretically have more fun later with

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm in the same boat, I have a PS4 and a PC is there a preferred platform for playing, mainly speaking in terms of population and performance.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

PC seems a lot better. I don't think they get the 6-10 second freezes we're all been getting on PS4. If anyone wants to drop their PSN names I'll try and organize some things.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Alright I jumped in with the second highest tier and two of my llamas upgraded to gold and now I have a good selection of epic/legendary weapons and survivors.

Are the tips in the OP still applicable? For now I should just focus on leveling a good green schematic to carry me until I start getting the better materials?

Does the same apply to survivors or can should I pump up the legendary ones if I like their perks without resource starving myself in the mid game?

PSN is Gassire

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Alright I jumped in with the second highest tier and two of my llamas upgraded to gold and now I have a good selection of epic/legendary weapons and survivors.

Are the tips in the OP still applicable? For now I should just focus on leveling a good green schematic to carry me until I start getting the better materials?

Does the same apply to survivors or can should I pump up the legendary ones if I like their perks without resource starving myself in the mid game?

PSN is Gassire

Items are separated by tier so a legendary 1-10 level item will use the same parts as an uncommon 1-10 level item.

That quote is more about not levelling up lovely weapons because they're rare. Like if you have a legendary rocket launcher vs a rare pump shotgun you level up the rare pump.

I wouldn't keep any regular survivors except epic or legendary, and lead survivors you use whatever you have because they're harder to get and much more important.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 27, 2017

PyrE
Feb 2, 2005

Soldier? Check.
Flight? True.
Commie? NO!
Rich? Quite.
I have been playing BR on PS4 quite a bit. Feel free to add me and hop in my games. PSN irlcyberbully . Also own save the world but don't play it really.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I'm really impressed by the PS4 / PC crossplay. Last night I played Fortnite on my laptop on the couch, next to my wife who was my duo teammate in BR on her PS4. I can't think of any other games that let you do that.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
There’s cross platform BR?!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I thought Sony said no to that??

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I thought Sony said no to that??

I was the only PC player on a team of 3 PS4 people just tonight. Even the ingame voice chat works for teammates across platforms. Just it doesn't work in the lobby, only when you load into the pre-launch area. PS4 people need to be in a party together through the PS4 interface, and set their voice chat option to "prioritize game chat"

Edit:. According to forum posts, PS4 and Xbox can't play together, but PC can play with either (just not at the same time in the same team)

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

yesterday the hosed half the game by killing some server, many people got their inventories deleted or account locked, or unable to build

big woops.

I hope to have avoided this..*launching game*

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

I wasn't in there luckily, been playing all day without trouble. Or well, without any extra trouble than just the usual poo poo lag.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Had a guy meltdown about putting blueglo in an Atlas today. It was pretty funny hearing him screech "retard" repeatedly while i built the fort during the first day.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'm going to give this a try. How do I queue for 50 vs 50? I can only pick solo, duo, squad, and high explosives.

khy fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I think the 50v50 event is over now isn't it? I haven't dropped in for awhile

• Locked thread