Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

tnimark posted:

My 7yo has recently become significantly more interested in pro-wrestling than AFL football and I gotta admit, he’s right to be. It’s better.

Attitude era or bust imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

realbez posted:

Our first child was stillborn at 26 weeks and it was devastating for us. It still hurts but the thing that really helps is that we now have a beautiful daughter who is nearly a year old and she’s just the best. You hear all about other people’s stories of loss when you go through that, and it turns out lots of people who have healthy kids went through similar experiences. It isn’t talked about, though. It is just one of those things that people can’t relate to without going through it, and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

Now I feel even worse about that off hand comment I made before :smith:

But so glad you’ve got a happy little lady now :unsmith: I’ve got a big 18 month old boy who is also the best. He got a Freo onesie for his first birthday, it’s for a 2 year old but he’s already out grown it.

Now here’s a question, I’m originally from Perth and follow the Dockers, is it right to force the Purples on my son who was born in Parkville and never been further west than Werribee Zoo?
(I think so)

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Call CPS

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Spedman posted:

Now I feel even worse about that off hand comment I made before :smith:

But so glad you’ve got a happy little lady now :unsmith: I’ve got a big 18 month old boy who is also the best. He got a Freo onesie for his first birthday, it’s for a 2 year old but he’s already out grown it.

Now here’s a question, I’m originally from Perth and follow the Dockers, is it right to force the Purples on my son who was born in Parkville and never been further west than Werribee Zoo?
(I think so)

purple = red + blue, sign them up for the demons

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Who's doing the new thread? I am happy to do it, not sure what sort of time frame would be best

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

tnimark posted:

My 7yo has recently become significantly more interested in pro-wrestling than AFL football and I gotta admit, he’s right to be. It’s better.

No it isn’t, it’s literally the dumbest poo poo that exists

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

tnimark posted:

tbf collingwood have been poo poo for his entire life

also i am ugly and have no kids

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
I still get asked all the time why I don’t want to have kids, theres a multitude of reasons but ultimately I just don’t like them. You guys capture the essence of that point - look at you guys, you’re all giddy over them as you should be. I point to you guys as what kids deserve. Having a kid would be the cruelest thing I could do to the kid because it wouldn’t deserve that, so my hat is off to you guys for how much you care because your kids and future kids are getting the right people as Dads and Uncles (I don’t think we have any women posters, but if we do - mums and aunts!)

Footy talk: as far as I’m aware, AFLX doesn’t have a broadcast partner yet. I’d be surprised if it was on free to air TV. While I ultimately don’t care too much about it, I am curious enough to want to watch it so hopefully it lands somewhere reasonably accessible.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Largepotato posted:

Nephews & nieces exist for a reason.
I have those (just spent a week with them in fact) but I have not been able to corrupt them into following Hawthorn - not that I've tried that hard because I also believe a team has to come out and grab you as a kid. Doesn't matter if you sign them up to your club for junior memberships at birth, around the age of 9 or 10 they might rebel and follow some other club because their mates do or they like the colours or that realise that following the family's team makes the family miserable.

In fact eldest neph is all about soccer at the moment. I don't think he wore a shirt that wasn't a jersey. And his local option for an AFL team is the Lions, so...

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Spedman posted:

(I think so)

Yes. A person should be allowed to mature and grow in their own way into their own person. They should be free to make all their own choices and know that they will be supported by their parents whoever they turn out to be. Except for their football club, that is non-negotiable!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Although since it’s an interstate team you’re probably gonna have to let him have a local team to follow. I humbly suggest Hawthorn.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDrg0ACDbsw

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

AFL 2018 - Pregnancy and Child support

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
34 days until AFLW is back.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The best siblings at the Adelaide Crows will be wearing 20 and 39

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Periphery posted:

Considering so many of you have kids there is a distinct lack of photos of adorable kids in team colours in this thread.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Yay, SMG!

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

:3:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Not posting my ugly mug but I got my membership pack the other day. Decided to go for the beanie, since it is the first time in like 10 years since they've offered it (and it has no sponsorship logos on it either) and I've got enough scarves and caps to last a lifetime.

Just the badge/pin, beanie and a sticker sheet, no keyring or pen or other do-dads this year, no voucher book either.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

My loot was the scarf (#15), a keyring, lanyard of course, stickers and of course the all important fixture fridge magnet. They missed a year once and it was horrible!

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Pretty sweet beanie you got there - no sponsor logos on things is always a massive bonus. The Saints have an option to donate your member scarf/etc to people that need it so I pretty much always do that these days.

Any Dons members get the scarf this year? I heard it was particularly bad quality.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I also opted to donate my 2018 scarf to the Saints' community initiative thingo since I probably have enough to make a jumper out of.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Periphery posted:

Considering so many of you have kids there is a distinct lack of photos of adorable kids in team colours in this thread.

I'd be okay if he chose the Hawks or Dees, but he'll be going to live with a particular uncle of his if he choses the Eagles.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I also have no kids, so here's the Crows membership packs. Mine arrived separately on the 21st and 22nd

Membership card says 'Foundation Member' on the back instead of years :smug:

Hat just barely fits, but the first scarf they've done in a few years is a really nice one from ISC, long and thick, and good layout. Gold got both, silver had to choose between hat or scarf. e: Got a decent pen too, forgot to put it in the pic

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Dec 30, 2017

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Spedman posted:

I'd be okay if he chose the Hawks or Dees, but he'll be going to live with a particular uncle of his if he choses the Eagles.

Jeez mate, I was just joking, I wouldn't wish this hell on anyone

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

Jeez mate, I was just joking, I wouldn't wish this hell on anyone

If decides to be some accountant or lawyer being a Dees supporter and MCC member will surely help his career prospects

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Spedman posted:

If decides to be some accountant or lawyer being a Dees supporter and MCC member will surely help his career prospects

Hawthorn are due to return to their pre-1950 form any day now.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Richmond have not won a premiership this year.

2018 is already better.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

drunkill posted:

Richmond have not won a premiership this year.

True, but Hawthorn will. And is that what you really want? eh?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Whateley's off to SEN.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
gently caress.

2018 is already the worst year.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

Whateley's off to SEN.

gently caress this garbage idiot bullshit sport/country

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I hate listening to AM commentary because of the reception. ABC was ok because no ads but gently caress listening to SEN call the Game brought to you by Bertocchi Ham.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
And cutting to a horserace halfway through the quarter, two or three times a game.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

drunkill posted:

And cutting to a horserace halfway through the quarter, two or three times a game.

Fuuuuuck I hate their horse racing obsession. There’s a whole contingent of guys at work that talk about it all the loving time, too. It’s so boring.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

realbez posted:

Fuuuuuck I hate their horse racing obsession. There’s a whole contingent of guys at work that talk about it all the loving time, too. It’s so boring.

Honey pot trap for degenerate gamblers imo

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

SEN are my go to after ABC if they aren't covering the game, but it's really grating to hear them talk about the Chemist Warehouse Scoreboard

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

If anything it’ll be worse with Whateley there

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

drunkill posted:

That's loving ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

realbez posted:

This will only get worse with Gerard there

• Locked thread