Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

PJOmega posted:

Huh, that it does. Had to boot it up and checj. I don't think I've interacted with MA's cloud tide at all and I'm on chapter 8.

Go ahead and rest at the inn another time. Multiple events can be tied to a single inn and they'll fire once per rest.

You can't reach the Forbidden Feif or whatever the hell it's called when the clouds are up. I can't think of anything else it's done there. Their reason is that the bigger titans disrupt the sea around them and that's why it happens with them.
I guess Tantal and Uraya are under the sea so they don't do it? I dunno. I get the distinct impression that either the cloud stuff was written by a few people who didn't exchange notes or else that they kept forgetting what they'd decided to do with it.

quote:

Go south of where the quest tells you to be, down to the little valley running east-to-west. Drop down into it, you'll see one of those bioluminescent plants on the wall marking a way inside. Follow that up and around through the tree bridge.
Okay, I will try that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Taear posted:

You can't reach the Forbidden Feif or whatever the hell it's called when the clouds are up. I can't think of anything else it's done there. Their reason is that the bigger titans disrupt the sea around them and that's why it happens with them.
I guess Tantal and Uraya are under the sea so they don't do it? I dunno.

Tantal and Uraya's environments are inside the Titan's bodies, because they're basically gigantic turtles. There's even a mention that the big doors at the top of the stairs in Fonsa Myma are to keep the Cloud Sea out when Uraya decides to take a swim.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Tantal and Uraya's environments are inside the Titan's bodies, because they're basically gigantic turtles. There's even a mention that the big doors at the top of the stairs in Fonsa Myma are to keep the Cloud Sea out when Uraya decides to take a swim.

I know. That is what I mean. If they're big they should still affect the sea around them. But I guess since you're inside you may not notice it. That's all I was saying.

Why bother with the mechanic when you're only going to do it with two titans and even then only half arse it?
Xenoblade 2 in a nutshell there.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kinda wanna play more even though 90% of the quests are done on my end. I heard there's one if you sink enough money into Fonsett and yeah that sounds like a thing.

Anyone know if the quest is just turning in a lot of money or does it actually unlock something?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Kinda wanna play more even though 90% of the quests are done on my end. I heard there's one if you sink enough money into Fonsett and yeah that sounds like a thing.

Anyone know if the quest is just turning in a lot of money or does it actually unlock something?

Send 90,000g home, then go pay a visit to Fonsett Island to see how they're going with your money.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I've reached chapter 10 and my wife and I are so giddy, this plot is Xeno as gently caress :neckbeard:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Taear posted:

Why bother with the mechanic when you're only going to do it with two titans and even then only half arse it?
Xenoblade 2 in a nutshell there.

Because it's a 100+ hour game with a development time of several years. Chances are it was something played with early in development, they couldn't really do much with it beyond what's in-game and keep it interesting, so they just dropped it as a mechanic past Mor Ardain. It doesn't break anything, it's mildly interesting in regards to the two Titans it's used on, so no reason to spend the time excising it where it already exists and rebuilding the level maps to account for it.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Because it's a 100+ hour game with a development time of several years. Chances are it was something played with early in development, they couldn't really do much with it beyond what's in-game and keep it interesting, so they just dropped it as a mechanic past Mor Ardain. It doesn't break anything, it's mildly interesting in regards to the two Titans it's used on, so no reason to spend the time excising it where it already exists and rebuilding the level maps to account for it.

Plenty of other games are huge with long development times. The mechanics in this often feel like they just wanted more stuff without thinking about how it actually works. Or even "it's popular elsewhere, why not here?" like with the Gatcha stuff.
Just make it always low tide and change the three or four quests that interact with the mechanic.

And I now know the answer to my three blade questions from before. Chapter 7 spoilers.
I've not got Pyra/Mythra with me right now so the cutscenes can't trigger. I guess I should have realised but once again it's another sidequest irritation that I've wasted loads of time on! I'd have preferred a pop up saying "You can't do this without [pictures of characters]" like a lot of heart to hearts do.

Taear fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Dec 29, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Taear posted:

Plenty of other games are huge with long development times. The mechanics in this often feel like they just wanted more stuff without thinking about how it actually works.
Just make it always low tide and change the three or four quests that interact with the mechanic.

You've never worked on or seen a large programming project with feature creep, have you?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You've never worked on or seen a large programming project with feature creep, have you?

Yes actually!
It feels more like the game was worked on by loads of teams that didn't communicate very well with each other. There's a lot of the game that feels that way.

Or else a single voice that demanded a load of poo poo and nobody wanted to say no, so they've put it in as un-obtrusively as they can.

Taear fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Dec 29, 2017

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Taear posted:

Someone on GameFAQs has said that Rare/Legendary cores don't increase the chance to get a rare blade. They just make it more likely you'll get better commons. This feels true to my experience as I've got my best commons from rare cores but I've never had a rare blade from one.

I've just done Chapter Seven and yea why the gently caress does it take Nia's clothes off? God the character design in this is seriously over the top. I don't want to see Nia's bum - she's 14!

It's really getting to me how many side quests suddenly force you to do Merc Missions. I don't want to sit around for 40 minutes while a mission completes! I ended up with 3 sidequests that all required Merc Missions and had to carry on the main quest which I wasn't really ready to do yet.

I need some help triggering 3 sidequests. Gorg, Dahlia and Wulfric to be specific. They all want me in character Five's home area. Dahlia's just tells me to go to the town square, Wulfric to the temple ruins and Gorg to the inn. But nothing happens!
There's no ?, there's no Heart to Heart. There's just nothing. What do I do? Do I need the development higher? I can see a ? on an island I can't reach, is that for Wulfric?
I spend so much of my time in this game just wandering because there are no guides to work stuff out and I hate how much of my time is wasted. When you've only got two hours to play and an hour and a half of that is wondering where to go, it's just wearing me down.

In a similar vein where the hell do I go for the first step of Writing On The Wall? I can't find the cave that I'm meant to go to. Bring back that nopon ball from XCX, seriously.

Wulfric has a heart-to-heart in Fonsett, but his quest starts in Tantal which triggers when you walk through the ancient temple ruins on your way out the back gate.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

bizarre deformity posted:

Wulfric has a heart-to-heart in Fonsett, but his quest starts in Tantal which triggers when you walk through the ancient temple ruins on your way out the back gate.

I know. It wasn't happening and there's no ? there either.
But as I mentioned above it's because (chapter 7 spoiler) I've not got Pyra/Mythra that I can't trigger it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Since there's no proper postgame as of yet, is there a list online of all the superbosses hidden around the world. I'd like to try hunting some down.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Taear posted:

I know. It wasn't happening and there's no ? there either.
But as I mentioned above it's because (chapter 7 spoiler) I've not got Pyra/Mythra that I can't trigger it.

If the cutscene requires a character who is not currently in your party you cant do it.

Why it doesnt tell you that for story related absences is a pretty lousy oversight but basically you have to power through that section of the game before youre allowed to sidequest again.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

When you look at the details of a sidequest it tells you the required characters and I'm glad I don't get a popup every time I go past a trigger for a sidequest because holy gently caress that would be annoying when I'm just trying to do other stuff, especially in towns where I'd probably run past the trigger like thirty times.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

When you look at the details of a sidequest it tells you the required characters and I'm glad I don't get a popup every time I go past a trigger for a sidequest because holy gently caress that would be annoying when I'm just trying to do other stuff, especially in towns where I'd probably run past the trigger like thirty times.

It does, but that's not what's happening here.

I have three blades that all require a specific place to trigger their quests. And that's fine! But I can't get those quests because of missing these people and there's absolutely no way for me to know it'd even matter. So of course I just assumed I was in the wrong place and went on a huge walk!

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Is there a list of what the highest level skill-checks are in the game? Like, if the highest level Ice Mastery check in the game is 9, I can choose a couple Ice Blades to keep and then ditch the rest because they're just cluttering things up, but right now I'm afraid to dismiss anyone because what if I need it later

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

In Training posted:

Since there's no proper postgame as of yet, is there a list online of all the superbosses hidden around the world. I'd like to try hunting some down.
That one big spreadsheet has a list of all the level 99+ elite mobs in it, actually. The same one with Agate locations and whatnot.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So do I have to grind Ursula to 99 stamps? If so, did anyone playtest this quest chain?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Barudak posted:

So do I have to grind Ursula to 99 stamps? If so, did anyone playtest this quest chain?

Technically you have to grind her to 297 stamps

Barudak
May 7, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Technically you have to grind her to 297 stamps

So the answer to my question is noone playtested this.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

So the advice is not to feed Rex any non-story acquired rare cores or try to deliberately bond him with rare blades because you won't need to, he'll be able to bond with any non-main rare blade somewhere down the line?

Also I fed Nia like eight rare cores and she got three rares out of them. Is this just how the RNG is going to be.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Xarbala posted:

So the advice is not to feed Rex any non-story acquired rare cores or try to deliberately bond him with rare blades because you won't need to, he'll be able to bond with any non-main rare blade somewhere down the line?

Also I fed Nia like eight rare cores and she got three rares out of them. Is this just how the RNG is going to be.

That spoiler is like, according to my switch, 80 hours into the game. Maybe 50 hours if you beeline everything. Generally don't give the guaranteed unique cores to him because he gets a story wind Attacker.

Also, 3 uniques out of 8 rare cores (Rare is basically a slight increase from commons) is SUPER good.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

One thing i have to give this game credit for is that, despite all the anime, Morag never seems to become romantically interested in Rex. I was expecting some nonsense where she starts to show her "girly side" and ends up joining his harem or something, but it did a good job of keeping her a relatively serious character.

Pollyanna posted:

IME missions take longer than otherwise if I know exactly where I'm going and what I need to kill. For the kill X enemy nodes, anyway

Also, for the merc missions, they need a better way of finding mercenaries that fit the requirements and bonuses of the mission. I don't want to sort through all my blades for someone with Entomology 3.

This gets especially terrible once you have like 100+ blades (I don't know what the cap is, but it has to be somewhere around that). Every time I have to scroll through watching for the 0 to change to a 1 and then check how many nodes are left on its grid to see if I should use it (since I don't want to use ones I've already filled up).

Another thing that annoys me is that you can't view the grid itself from the mercenary mission blade selection screen. I need to do this so I know whether the blade in question has those "Do X damage" nodes left (someone mentioned you could do them on merc missions with the right chips equipped, but I tried it with the highest DPS chip from Tantal and it doesn't work). Or a "Do X merc missions" node, since I need to make sure I frequently include those blades.

Speaking of grids, I finished my first rare blade grid (Electra's, for some reason). It gave a lot of weapon points. I feel like getting weapon skills maxxed for most of the weapons you use on characters more or less requires grinding up common's affinity grids, though on the upside I don't think it's vitally important in most cases. It only seems to make a big difference for skills that aren't just raw damage.

Xarbala posted:

Engage the Enemy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wdc_cDaUNQ

It can be hard to find at a glance because the female vocals only kick in about halfway.

As much as I liked Engage the Enemy, I actually like XC2's equivalent (Counterattack) more.

[quote="MechaX" post="479740055"
I actually found it hilarious how utterly godly they made Jin be in this encounter. Like, it couldn't have been enough that Jin was just a more experienced and seasoned fighter than Rex, whom still couldn't really use Pyra/Mythra to her full potential. But they had to go full Bleach and have him "control all elemental particles," stop orbital lasers, and "move faster than light speed." Now all I can think of going into Chapter 7 is "whatever they're going to do to have Rex match this poo poo to write themselves out of a corner, it's going to be loving dumb.
[/quote]

Yeah, I already mentioned this. They could have at least just made it to where he was moving "the speed of sound" or made things just cold enough for water to freeze (which is a plausible way to counter Nia's ability without ABSOLUTE ZERO). Heck, just having some control over heat energy or something would be a semi-plausible way for him to stop Mythra's orbital laser thingy.

It also bugs me that Rex doesn't seem to really use this ridiculous "make anything I imagine real" power of "ascended" Pyra/Mythra's later on.

On a similar/related note, it's funny when the game throws enemies that are super obviously weaker than your party (plot-wise, not in terms of levels/stats) at you late into the game. Like at one point Indol sends like 5 guards to attack you - a party basically made up of THE MASTER BLADE, 2 hyper-elite drivers, and a couple others.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 29, 2017

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Xarbala posted:

To the first question: yeah, although if you happen to pull a good axe blade on Nia, it's probably worthwhile to burn an overdrive protocol to move it to Rex early on. Rex gets launch with axes and smash with his second unique story blade, so he loves having axes in order to complete driver combos by himself after Nia or someone else Breaks. Unfortunately of the four axe rare blades, one is fire (overlapping with Pyra) and one is wind (overlapping with Rex's only smash blade). The best one for Rex is probably the Earth one, and the Water one is okay.

It also doesn’t hurt to have Rex open ten or so early cores just to have options for field skill checks. You might luck out and get an okay axe blade from that too.

For the second question: that's a relatively good result. It's easy to pull your first few rares, but once you’ve gotten eight to ten they get very scarce.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 29, 2017

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thanks for the advice! I actually did pick up Finch on Nia but I also got a common axe for Rex and m'boy Taiga's done good so far at this point in the game.

On another note:

Zoran posted:

For the second question: that's a relatively good result.

Well gently caress me then

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You get about 10-12 unique blades via story and sidequests.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

In rough order of difficulty. Strategy notes are in case you don't have Orb Master. If you do, just stack 8 orbs in the first 10% of their life bar when they're just doing autoattacks and filler moves and ignore all mechanics.

Reeking Douglas (lv. 104), in the bandit cave in Gormott. As far as I can tell he does literally nothing interesting except summon a bunch of adds at 50%, so either line up a chain attack before then or make sure reinforcements are sealed (dark finisher) at that point. Also don't stand behind him, Tail Slap might actually oneshot you if you're squishy.

Relentless Arduin (lv.99) in the Torigoth farms, after completing the quest where you raise him from a baby. Has superboss-like HP and a tankbuster (Tank March) but basically nothing else. The best legendary core farming spot in the game, since he does not have superboss resistances to Break.

Cloud Sea Ken (lv. 110) in Tantal right by the Ether Pool landmark only in fog weather. One you kill him you can respawn him in any weather. Has zillions of HP and doesn't do anything dangerous till like 60% so even if you don't have orb masters you can 8-and-done him. Otherwise he'll cast a move which does some damage and inflicts poison, and Tentacle Storm which is brutal. Use an IV special or level 3 combo to invuln through the latter. Not dangerous at all until the last 25% at which point he likes to spam those moves on top of each other. Do him early because he drops a nutso crit chip for Rex and Tora.

Orion (lv. 100), in the secret area you're forced to find near the end in the cliffs of Moretha. High dodge, brutal single-target offense. Tankbusters are Air Slash and True Hazy Moon. Sword Bite seems to inflict both topple and launch. If you're having trouble build a super leechtank poppi or try controlling Four yourself (bring their starter blade and two katanas and you can dodge everything he does).

Pernicious Benf (lv.109) in the crater to the northeast of the central plains in Temperantia. Another single-target focused opponent, who likes to chain a pretty powerful 2-hit tankbuster (Berserker Fang) with a fast conal AOE (poison breath). He has a true partywide attack in Beast Crash, but he doesn't use it that much and it applies its damage across multiple hits kinda slow, so you can heal through it.

Chickenheart Dagmara (lv. 120) behind the locked gate in the catwalk above the Old Factory. Sky-high evasion, attacks inflict Topple. The real problem is that it has basically no HP and at 50% it uses a stance that deals massive counterattacks whenever it dodges. Your party will impale themselves in about three seconds. Either get a quick and dirty 4-orb chain before 50% or use an IV special at 50%.

Ophion sir-surprisingly-not-fought-in-storyline (lv. 117) at the end of the cliffs of Morytha. You don't really need a tank for this one, just lots of healing. Uses Plasma missile to attack randomly ignoring the aggro table and Netherfire which deals hits at random to the party and should probably be healed through. As far as I can tell every other move is "invuln this or die" but he uses them really slowly so just have a IV special up. He has way more than 10 million HP so don't 8-and-done him immediately unless you want to get run over by like 5 HP triggers firing simultaneously. Get him to like 60% first. You can theoretically do this fight real early if you get good at iframing everything, and you get the best tank chips in the game for doing so.

Tyrannotitan Kurodil (lv. 130) behind a Fire Mastery 12 check in the Profaned Place west of the Ardanian garrison. Signature move is Twinbarrel Autocannon which applies massive damage across a to of hits in a cone in front of him, but you have enough to time to switch to a healing blade and heal through it. He has lots HP and gets real dangerous after the first 25% of his bar, so you should play for a big chain attack even without orb master. If you do see his next phases, Ultra Annihilation Flare should be invuln'd through, Murder Ray must be invuln'd through (it inflicts Doom to the whole party, I think it's ok to be invulnerable when the doom ticks to 0).

Arek MK-VII (lv. 117) where you fought the pope comes with 2 adds and shits out a lot more. In retrospect this is probably not too bad if you instantly get a dark seal on the boss, whittle down the adds, and kill the boss the normal way without relying on elemental combos. You should probably do that instead of what I did, which is brute force the fight at level 99 with two tanks and healer Rex. Drops a chip which is insane on bitball healers.

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 29, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Xarbala posted:

Thanks for the advice! I actually did pick up Finch on Nia but I also got a common axe for Rex and m'boy Taiga's done good so far at this point in the game.

On another note:

Well gently caress me then

Yeah, when I got the fifth party member I used my entire store of 50 common, 12 rare and 1 legendary cores.

I got 1 rare from it.

luckily there are several guaranteed rares you can get from sidequests so its hard to totally screw yourself, but rares get ridiculously more rare as you get them.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

CHAIRMAN

BANA!!! is still my favorite voiced line in the game

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Xarbala posted:

A pretty convincing post on Reddit (or gamefaqs maybe) said that rare cores don't increase your chance of getting a rare blade. They just increase the amount of crowns a standard blade would get. This definitely fits with my experience where a rare core has never, ever given me a rare blade. But they're getting me ones with more crowns than a normal one each time.
Do you know how many non-story rares you had at the point you did this?

A person here also said that you seem to be capped on how many rare blades you can get per chapter. There's a lot of people who use hundreds and hundreds of cores and never get squat and every single time it turns out they're on a particular chapter and already have a host of blades.

I never expect a Japanese game company to release what the formulas behind things are but it'd still be nice to know these things. Too much is anecdotal and it's hard to know if it's really that way. Maybe some people are so unlucky that they can use 150 cores and get no rares at all, but it doesn't feel right, I guess.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Zore posted:

luckily there are several guaranteed rares you can get from sidequests so its hard to totally screw yourself, but rares get ridiculously more rare as you get them.

Yeah, the fourth party member gets a really strong set just from a story blade and one you can recover from a salvage point around the time you get them. The fifth can get an earth lance or a water lance pretty quickly. Nia can get an electric Bitball around the time #4 joins, too.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Taear posted:

A pretty convincing post on Reddit (or gamefaqs maybe) said that rare cores don't increase your chance of getting a rare blade. They just increase the amount of crowns a standard blade would get. This definitely fits with my experience where a rare core has never, ever given me a rare blade. But they're getting me ones with more crowns than a normal one each time.
Do you know how many non-story rares you had at the point you did this?

A person here also said that you seem to be capped on how many rare blades you can get per chapter. There's a lot of people who use hundreds and hundreds of cores and never get squat and every single time it turns out they're on a particular chapter and already have a host of blades.

I never expect a Japanese game company to release what the formulas behind things are but it'd still be nice to know these things. Too much is anecdotal and it's hard to know if it's really that way. Maybe some people are so unlucky that they can use 150 cores and get no rares at all, but it doesn't feel right, I guess.

I have only gotten rare blades from rare cores.

I stopped bothering with common cores.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
What's the requirement for a blade to get Strength 35+ for merc missions? Just keep filling out affinity charts?

I ask because I'm trying to do Heralds final merc mission that requires 3 blades at 35+ along with two bitballs and two ether cannons and none of mine are high enough strength. Yet the game annoyingly marks it as being doable since I meet the requirements individually. :argh:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Reiterpallasch posted:

Ophion sir-surprisingly-not-fought-in-storyline (lv. 117) at the end of the cliffs of Morytha. You don't really need a tank for this one, just lots of healing. Uses Plasma missile to attack randomly ignoring the aggro table and Netherfire which deals hits at random to the party and should probably be healed through. As far as I can tell every other move is "invuln this or die" but he uses them really slowly so just have a IV special up. He has way more than 10 million HP so don't 8-and-done him immediately unless you want to get run over by like 5 HP triggers firing simultaneously. Get him to like 60% first. You can theoretically do this fight real early if you get good at iframing everything, and you get the best tank chips in the game for doing so.

This is actually how to do that fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RpmOg5ilZE

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Leathal posted:

What's the requirement for a blade to get Strength 35+ for merc missions? Just keep filling out affinity charts?

I ask because I'm trying to do Heralds final merc mission that requires 3 blades at 35+ along with two bitballs and two ether cannons and none of mine are high enough strength. Yet the game annoyingly marks it as being doable since I meet the requirements individually. :argh:

It's entirely to do with how much of their affinity chart you’ve filled. The hard part for getting a lot of blades to high strength is earning trust/unlocking affinity ranks. Once you do that, merc missions fill in most of the nodes very quickly.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Zoran posted:

Yeah, the fourth party member gets a really strong set just from a story blade and one you can recover from a salvage point around the time you get them. The fifth can get an earth lance or a water lance pretty quickly. Nia can get an electric Bitball around the time #4 joins, too.

I really wish I had an overdrive so I could transfer the salvage point blade over to number 4 instead of being on 5.

I often don't feel like the game gives you a decent idea of what sort of blade things are either. There's no way I'd guess the bitball was a healer nor that the water katana blade that 4 gets is a tank. Then I feel like I've hosed up when I give it to the wrong person.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

holy gently caress :eyepop:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Taear posted:

I really wish I had an overdrive so I could transfer the salvage point blade over to number 4 instead of being on 5.

I often don't feel like the game gives you a decent idea of what sort of blade things are either. There's no way I'd guess the bitball was a healer nor that the water katana blade that 4 gets is a tank. Then I feel like I've hosed up when I give it to the wrong person.

They could have made it more clear in game but it's easy enough to Google the info yourself so it's not really an issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Leathal posted:

If it's marking it as doable you definitely fit the requirements. Are you looking at Blades which are currently assigned to Drivers? Because it'll count those as part of the specifications. And it can be a bitball or ether cannon that has over 35 strength as well!
It won't even let you select a merc mission that you don't have the blades for. Unless you mean you can't do it because you can't assign six blades?

It does seem that only certain blades can hit high strength and yea, you just need to keep filling out those charts. And hoping.

quote:

I have only gotten rare blades from rare cores.

I stopped bothering with common cores.
It's just bad (or good?) luck. Or when you're using them!

I've gone through 50 rares and about 130 common. I know because I always do them in groups of ten. Still nothing from a rare. But like I say, maybe it's just when I'm using it.

Taear fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 29, 2017