Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm going to stay strong and not pull on these banners. Reyson will come. New Year's Camilla is but a fleeting dream. I don't need Bridal Charlotte and her funny cake spoon. Winter Tharja was not meant to be.

I'm working on PoR units and they're coming along nicely.

Defiant Res seems bad but with Titania getting into low health a lot with fury +reciprocal aid, it's not hard to get it to work, and it boosts not only blade damage, but also iceberg and speed ploy. I am thinking of replacing Guard with Renewal on Titania, but idk. I'll put LnD 3 and Gronnblade+ on these guys later when I feel like spending the feathers. If I had a Winter Robin I'd be tempted to give Oscar brazen attack/speed but the HP requirement seems hard to get for him. Or on the off chance I get a Seigbert I'll put attack tactic on one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I can't even pull the units I want to give the units I like meme builds :(

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

In my dreams I get a good Mist and I give her the Absorb, CC, QR, and Miracle build, and then they release her boyfriend Boyd who has an assload of HP and Infantry Pulse so I can help speed up Miracle and Ike's Aether.

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, so what possible ways are there going to be to make NY Takumi good?

Besides hanging onto him until daggers somehow become meta months from now, I mean.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
he has decent speed so probably a water/windswept debuff build

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Back to red hell I go. Maybe I'll pick up a soleil.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Tae posted:

Back to red hell I go. Maybe I'll pick up a soleil.

Soleil is perfect ;_;

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Daggers now have respectable Mt with refinery, and his innate "killer" dagger is already the best dagger besides arguably Kitty Paddle, so honestly he won't be that bad. Basically functions like any bow unit would with a Slaying Bow. 34/34 is pretty alright offensively too. Just give him Luna and he'll generally perform well enough, you can maybe try to capitalise on his decent Res by giving him Fury/DD and a DD seal + QR to make him a mage baiter.

Won't be anything gamebreaking, but daggers have come a long way.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
She fights for ALL the cuties ;___;

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kagero continues to be really good in arena assault

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Pulled a Ginnungagap and then realized I had given blessings to all the healers I like so I decided to see what to do with the new blessing and then literally the moment I hit send, I remembered she had a Fire Affinity in her game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

+1 Marth now. Although technically I can make her +3 but I don't have 40k random feathers for Not Black Knight.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Actias posted:

Okay, so what possible ways are there going to be to make NY Takumi good?

Besides hanging onto him until daggers somehow become meta months from now, I mean.

He's a better Kagero, so you can build him the same way. Mochi gives him a few possibilities (most likely Luna). I doubt he's going to ORKO much that he isn't exploiting a weakness (like infantry/mages), so he'd probably really like dance support.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Soleil is perfect ;_;

I have one 5 star Soleil and three 4 stars, and I know eventually I'll wind up promoting and merging them even though it's so expensive because dammit, she IS perfect isn't she.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

He's a better Kagero, so you can build him the same way. Mochi gives him a few possibilities (most likely Luna). I doubt he's going to ORKO much that he isn't exploiting a weakness (like infantry/mages), so he'd probably really like dance support.

You can't really say he's a better Kagero since Kagero is defined by her weapon and still has the edge in ATK (only by 1 but still). Kagero doesn't really care about stats other than her OHKO potential.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Parasol Prophet posted:

I have one 5 star Soleil and three 4 stars, and I know eventually I'll wind up promoting and merging them even though it's so expensive because dammit, she IS perfect isn't she.

I just pulled a +atk/-def soleil and I'm gonna slam that mfn heavy blade seal on her SO hard

E: should I give her my spare swift sparrow or save up to give her l&d I currently have approx 0 feathers and blasted my barracks to get florina to +10 but a good A slot is rly all she needs to come online, toss on wom and glimmer or something and she still gonna hit 60 atk on initiate at 5* with swift sparrow and fsweep+

AverySpecialfriend fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Dec 29, 2017

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Is there anything important that I'm missing with New Year Camilla?

Like unless she has BST power creep she's not really doing anything new.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

She has increased BST like all new units but otherwise she is just a solid red flying sword

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

I don't think she got power creep (surprisingly), but she's our fourth red sword flier so if you don't want to use palla &/or don't have Elincia, she has that going for her.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

She's a red flier with very good HP, good speed, good attack, and great defense.

She's what Caeda wished she was.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Camilla's a slightly worse Elincia statwise with a bit more bulk and no prf weapon. They all have BST creep, but besides Azura they're nothing really new; IS is dialing down the powercreep a bit for the New Year banner.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Paging Ostentatious how do you feel about swift sparrow vs l&d on firesweep, obviously l&d is better but like how much would u miss the single atk/spd?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Paging Ostentatious how do you feel about swift sparrow vs l&d on firesweep, obviously l&d is better but like how much would u miss the single atk/spd?

I'm not Ostentatious, but if you're doing firesweep, then you have no enemy phase, so why should you give a drat about your defenses.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm not Ostentatious, but if you're doing firesweep, then you have no enemy phase, so why should you give a drat about your defenses.

You can still take a hit in a pinch.

Soleil probably has enough bulk to take a hit even with LnD imo.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
It's not about the defenses it's about how much would I miss the potential dubs

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
L&d is clearly better but I'm tapped on feathers and have a spare swift sparrow lying around which is suboptimal but also a lowkey flex

ALSO I stand by l&d being better for defenses anyway because it keeps u from getting doubled

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I've got a +3 Soleil who I use quite a lot and I use L&D, even with the defence drops she can almost always eat one ht if she has too because so little doubles her.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Send florina home and you'll have enough for LaD, seems simple to me

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Don't send Darting Blow home

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Elyv posted:

Don't send Darting Blow home

Maybe he's like me and have 20 of those things.

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for all the Takumi advice, everyone! It sounds like it won't be as daunting an undertaking as I might have feared.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Send florina home and you'll have enough for LaD, seems simple to me

Delete this post

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Delete your florina first

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Delete your florina first

shame on this poster

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I know this was mentioned a day or two ago, but...

The AI in the final TT map does act a bit strange. Robin and Gunter both opted to not attack my Titania to spur Effie, who couldn’t reach anybody.

It was weird and I’m not sure if I accidentally did something that caused Gunter and Robin to run around avoiding combat for two turns.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Clawtopsy posted:

shame on this poster

:hai:

What's your problem you can't appreciate my florina, is it that she punks hella meta units despite being 'bad' or is it my in your face attitude and posting style

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

FartingBedpost posted:

I know this was mentioned a day or two ago, but...

The AI in the final TT map does act a bit strange. Robin and Gunter both opted to not attack my Titania to spur Effie, who couldn’t reach anybody.

It was weird and I’m not sure if I accidentally did something that caused Gunter and Robin to run around avoiding combat for two turns.

It might be giving them too much credit but i kind of assumed they are trying to deliberately waste time. But maybe the AI was always prioritizing buffing and i never noticed.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

My experience is that the AI buffs sometimes if combat is really bad, such as a blue unit attacking an emerald axe character. I'm not exactly sure where the line is, but I think given the choice they won't choose to do literally 0 damage or suicide.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
If the AI would do 0 damage to a target, they will prioritize using an assist over attacking in some situations. This has killed me a couple times in arena when the enemy dancer refuses to attack into one of my units and instead waits and dances someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Elyv posted:

My experience is that the AI buffs sometimes if combat is really bad, such as a blue unit attacking an emerald axe character. I'm not exactly sure where the line is, but I think given the choice they won't choose to do literally 0 damage or suicide.

Makes sense.

I realized Gunter was actually using Harsh Command to reverse my Arvis’s Def Ploy, but Robin avoiding Titania makes sense.