Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

brand engager posted:

holy gently caress :eyepop:

I saw that video three or four days ago which you may notice coincides exactly with me posting about trying to farm up poppi parts

(to be fair I saw the video while already looking up information on the better chips to use for her)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's worth noting that a traditional tank and spank player will probably have beaten the whole postgame before the Tora soloist is done fishing for that master muscle mod, though.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Next Xenoblade game needs a Nopon as main character.

That chain attack at the end was insane.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Reiterpallasch posted:

Relentless Arduin (lv.99) in the Torigoth farms, after completing the quest where you raise him from a baby.
okay hands up everyone else who saw him become a target and thought step one of the quest was to beat him up and then murdered him forever

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

okay hands up everyone else who saw him become a target and thought step one of the quest was to beat him up and then murdered him forever

You're an actual monster.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Reiterpallasch posted:

It's worth noting that a traditional tank and spank player will probably have beaten the whole postgame before the Tora soloist is done fishing for that master muscle mod, though.

I have three of them so far trying to get the stupid light core :argh:

I actually have access to everything I need once I get that stupid thing (I need more ether to make stuff)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Taear posted:

You're an actual monster.
The dude has a line of dialogue if you talk to him after and he's like "Well, uh... maybe I won't ask you to help with the next one. Jerk."

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The dude has a line of dialogue if you talk to him after and he's like "Well, uh... maybe I won't ask you to help with the next one. Jerk."

Good!!

Although I'm really disappointed to learn it grows up to be a baddie.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Someone that's beaten the game, how much more do I have? chapter 8-Got to elevator inside the tree after Jin left the party

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tae posted:

Someone that's beaten the game, how much more do I have? chapter 8-Got to elevator inside the tree after Jin left the party
You're in the last area but it's a bit of a hike and a lot of cutscenes and some boss fights and some plot.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Tae posted:

You have a longish climb through that whole area, capped off with a boss fight. Then you go to a new area that's shorter and less combat-heavy, though it does have a couple of fights with a tricky gimmick. The end of that area is the final boss.

Depending what your level is and how meticulous you are about searching new places, maybe 1.5 to 4 hours of actual hands-on gameplay, plus a lot of cutscenes?

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Moochewmoo posted:

I have two legendary tank blades on Rex from common cores and burned a blade swap not knowing what it would do it that they are rare. I read Rex has some nifty trick with rare blades? Did I screw myself? I'm around level 20 and some new attacker join my party so should be using him instead?

Also I feel like I'm loving up if I don't use blades that get modifed by my highest stat. Is mixing Dex and str blades a terrible idea or shouldi just wear accessories to even out my stat scores?

I'm sorry but if anyone has time I'd appreciate answers.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Starting chapter 4. I'm getting ready do sidequests for Vess and Kassandra. Now I have boreas and godfrey on Rex and Agate and Azami on Nia. I'm going to give Vess to Nia. I know Overdrive is restricted, but am I crazy to put Agate on Rex? Then he will be able to topple launch and smash with Myra/Roc/Agate. It seems worth it for midgame and then I'll never give him another blade.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Moochewmoo posted:

It's just hard to answer. It's fine to have two tanks on Rex as long as your tank character (number 4, probably if not Tora) has decent blades as well.

In regards to stats, who loving knows? I've never had any difficulty with any enemies and I just let mine work as they want without using accessories to boost them. Even big jumps in strength don't make as much of a difference as having a Master Cube thing that allows 50% of my auto attacks to hit twice and then a ring that makes them do 70% more damage.
The former comes from an NPC in Argentum who rewards you for doing loads of Salvaging, it's on a ledge near the café bit.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Moochewmoo posted:

You did something wasteful, but probably better than what most people do which is never use overdrives. Like most resources, they don't do any good in you inventory.

Specifically, there plot ensures that Rex will always be good on blades. Don't pull on him and in the future don't overdrive onto him.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Also, the AI can do poorly with mixed builds but they're perfectly fine to control yourself.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I have only gotten rare blades from rare cores.

I stopped bothering with common cores.

I've gotten at least 5 rares from commons, and I only got the last two rares after I got 600 luck on Five.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

Taear posted:

If it's marking it as doable you definitely fit the requirements. Are you looking at Blades which are currently assigned to Drivers? Because it'll count those as part of the specifications. And it can be a bitball or ether cannon that has over 35 strength as well!
It won't even let you select a merc mission that you don't have the blades for. Unless you mean you can't do it because you can't assign six blades?

It does seem that only certain blades can hit high strength and yea, you just need to keep filling out those charts. And hoping.

Nah I think it's just a weird dev oversight (on my second playthrough, picked up Herald as soon as I hit Tantal this time which is why I don't have a lot of 35 strength dudes).

The requirements are:

35+ strength x3
Bitball x2
Ether Cannon x2

I don't have any 35 strength Bitballs or Cannons so to hit all the reqs I'd need 7 slots. I guess the game sees I meet each req individually so it's marking it as possible even though it's not without at least one Bitball or Cannon at 35 strength.

So if strength is based on the affinity chart, is it based on how many bubbles you have filled or just on the unlocked tiers? Cause if it's the latter I'd rather just grind some salvage and max out Sheba rather than wait for a billion merc missions to finish.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

It goes up by 1 for each node you complete on the chart.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I've burned through like 20 legendary cores and haven't gotten a rare from any of them. This is so loving stupid. For the love of god patch in 10-pulls and automatic junking of commons.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

Taear posted:

It's just hard to answer. It's fine to have two tanks on Rex as long as your tank character (number 4, probably if not Tora) has decent blades as well.

In regards to stats, who loving knows? I've never had any difficulty with any enemies and I just let mine work as they want without using accessories to boost them. Even big jumps in strength don't make as much of a difference as having a Master Cube thing that allows 50% of my auto attacks to hit twice and then a ring that makes them do 70% more damage.
The former comes from an NPC in Argentum who rewards you for doing loads of Salvaging, it's on a ledge near the café bit.

Okey dokey. Well as long it's not a huge deal having Rex doing some tanking might not be all bad for a bit. Once I come across more over drives I can move my rares to their true home.

I feel so paralyzed by mistakes. I might restart only because I'm not super far in really and don't want to be two screwed up. Only hit the 3rd area recently.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The main game is designed to be beaten with just the story uniques and common blades. Don't worry, Rex becomes incredibly OP by himself by the time you're done.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

voltcatfish posted:

Is putting both Zenobia and Roc on Rex a bad idea?

I just want a good way to launch with him.

I use both of them on Rex. I have other element axes but none of them hit as hard as Zenobia for obvious reasons.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Well gently caress, time to grind out some Tiger Tiger. :eyepop:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

U-DO Burger posted:

I've burned through like 20 legendary cores and haven't gotten a rare from any of them. This is so loving stupid. For the love of god patch in 10-pulls and automatic junking of commons.

I've never gotten a rare from a legendary core either. Though I do seem to have a higher rate of getting them with rare cores (could be a coincidence though).

Someone mentioned possibly being locked into the rares you can get by the end of each chapter? If that's the case, would you be able to get them all by chapter 9? I'm at the beginning of chapter 9 and have 4 rares left (which unfortunately include both Earth healers and Zenobia/KOS-MOS).

edit: I'm starting to think your idea may influence the star rank of commons you get of a particular element. Since Five has 10+ idea of every type, he virtually never rolls 1* commons and they're usually 3*.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 29, 2017

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'd trade basically any of my rare blades for a common with 5* orb master that wasn't fire/light/water

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ytlaya posted:

Someone mentioned possibly being locked into the rares you can get by the end of each chapter? If that's the case, would you be able to get them all by chapter 9? I'm at the beginning of chapter 9 and have 4 rares left (which unfortunately include both Earth healers and Zenobia/KOS-MOS).

This is just confirmation bias. You have the same chance to roll any given rare on a crystal no matter when you draw it. But as you get more rares, the rolls that would have gotten you a rare now give you commons instead because that rare is gone.

I'm in chapter 8 and I haven't gotten a new rare from a roll since the middle of chapter 6 at least. And I open cores constantly.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I've got 8 rares to go and I'm midway through the final chapter. My luck kinda sucks :shrug:

E: I want KOS-MOS so bad, why can't I pull her

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I stopped opening cores at some point, I have 99 commons and 60 rates and 10 legendaries, I should open a stream and open 170 cores and see what happens.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So I chose to restart because I wasn't super far anyways. How do I try and get cores on the right character?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Pray

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Having Boreas and Praxis fire off their Salvage Mastery dialogue in that order sounds wrong.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

It would be good if you could outright buy unique blades in new game plus, gacha sucks rear end.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

PJOmega posted:

Having Boreas and Praxis fire off their Salvage Mastery dialogue in that order sounds wrong.

Try having multiple ring blades with salvaging mastery.

You can do it Rex!
You can do it Rex!
You can do it Rex!
You can do it Rex!

:suicide:

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
So, having played way too much Tiger Tiger the last few days, I have some theories/observations.

1.) Every run can get you every item available from that stage. Easy or normal doesn't matter.

2.) The prizes are better based on your ether collection. Every run of stage five where I've collected all of the ether has netted me a Max mod chip. Even when I've been damaged and don't have full chests.

Edit: Nevermind, just did a perfect 76,000 run and got a perservering strength 5, no Max mod chip.

PJOmega fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 30, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

whoever decided on the fief of forgetfulness location was an exquisite loving rear end in a top hat. how the gently caress were people supposed to find that poo poo!?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

tap my mountain posted:

They could have made it more clear in game but it's easy enough to Google the info yourself so it's not really an issue.

This is not an excuse for poor design. If I have to do the game designer's work for them, I might as well have been hired in their place.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Pollyanna posted:

This is not an excuse for poor design. If I have to do the game designer's work for them, I might as well have been hired in their place.

Only if you assume they want you to know.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm really amazed the game didn't have a strategy guide release alongside it like XCX. It qould make some side-content a whole lot easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Pollyanna posted:

With how much googling you have to do to find rares or side quests, finding out what you get out of unique cores is the least of your problems.