Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
The Christmas Circus one is interesting. I'm from Kansas City, and while Whizzo was probably retired by the time I was growing up, I do recall some local retrospectives mentioning him as the famous local clown show. So that was a fun surprise- and also, clearly a man trying desperately to fill time.

The short film at the start is the best, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Check your email, I got a ten dollar gift card from Rifftrax. Might use it on the Jack Frost riff.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Can anyone recommend some underappreciated riffs or even right presents?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It's fairly new, but I really liked Mary and Bridget's Beyond Christmas riff from this year. It's such a bizarre Christmas movie about three old business men dying and trying to keep the couple they met during a Christmas party they organize together, with the male from the party somehow falling for some lady. It's all solved when she is randomly killed by her ex husband in the most lame gunfire in cinema history.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rirse posted:

Check your email, I got a ten dollar gift card from Rifftrax. Might use it on the Jack Frost riff.
Me too, and of course this happened like less than 24 hours after I make the only purchase I've made on their site all year lol (I got the BvS riff and didn't enjoy it all that much, but also that movie is completely devoid of entertainment)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You have to add the $10 credit to your account by 12/31, so don’t forget!

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I got Miami Connection because I've never seen it before

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

We Know Catheters posted:

I got Miami Connection because I've never seen it before

I love Miami Connection so much, it's so good on so many levels

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
Just as MST3k episodes are a Thanksgiving tradition around my place, so are Rifftrax Christmas shorts and movies on both Christmas Eve and Day. Watched a bunch of shorts and the Bridget and Mary Jo specials on Xmas Eve, and gonna watch Whizzo and some of the other films during Xmas Day. And in that spirit, I used the $10 gift card they sent (along with the 10% off they have on the site) to grab both Beyond Christmas and the Star Wars Holiday Special (since I hadn't purchased it before now).

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Aw, despite regularly buying riffs, no giftcard here... :(

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ms Boods posted:

Aw, despite regularly buying riffs, no giftcard here... :(

Make sure to check your Spam folder.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

muscles like this! posted:

Make sure to check your Spam folder.

Nope, nowt there, either :(

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I thought I was prepared for Fun in Balloonland.

I was not.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I was not.

I watch it every year and each time I have a different guess for why that lady is so deranged

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Maxwell Lord posted:

I was not.

But you survived and you are a better person for it.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I was not.

Shout, "Yay, yay!"

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Maxwell Lord posted:

I was not.

Fun in Balloonland cannot be prepared for. It must be endured.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
What should I spend my ten bucks on?

I guess I'm looking for what you might call a 'deep cut.' I've seen all the live shows and pretty much all of what would be considered popular episodes.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I went with Jack Frost since it the most recent Christmas movie and it was pretty funny riff. Still wished they did a bizarre rear end Christmas movie like the one Mary and Bridget did this year (Beyond Christmas), but it always fun watching them tear up a bad horror movie. Beyond Christmas is also a great riff you could buy too.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I’m glad they pointed out to me that Shannon Elizabeth dries her hair before getting in the bath, I’d never caught that before.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Jose Oquendo posted:

What should I spend my ten bucks on?

I guess I'm looking for what you might call a 'deep cut.' I've seen all the live shows and pretty much all of what would be considered popular episodes.

Since I already have all their stuff, I might get a shorts DVD just because.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

I was not.

Fun in Balloonland is one of my favorite playing-in-the-background rifftrax.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

I'm checking out the RiffTrax Christmas sale, and cannot identify this movie:

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/945731439097651200

Is this Gifts from the Air?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yes, and it is a glorious short

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Thank you. I didn't know I needed that in my life.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The lack of racist caracatures was refreshing.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I finally got around to buying Fun in Balloonland. I'm ten minutes in and... err... :wtc:

I don't know what I expected, but it was not... this. Suddenly, my decision not to drink all the booze in the world before watching this thing seems like a huge mistake.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Don't worry, the narrator does that for you.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

RandomPauI posted:

Don't worry, the narrator does that for you.
I'm pretty sure she was hallucinating for the last ten minutes or so. Or maybe I was, it's difficult to tell at this point.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Double Agent posted:

Fun in Balloonland cannot be prepared for. It must be endured.

Watching it now. Truly an amazing piece of cinematography. Balloons are gone and they’re just showing film of a parade.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird that earlier this week they did a Christmas discount that was 10% off and this weekend they're doing a New Year's discount that is 18% off. You're being rewarded for procrastinating. By "you're" I mean "I" as by not buying anything earlier this week I am now able to get a movie (Honor and Glory) and two shorts (Farm Family in Winter and with the free $10 they gave me.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

muscles like this! posted:

Kind of weird that earlier this week they did a Christmas discount that was 10% off and this weekend they're doing a New Year's discount that is 18% off. You're being rewarded for procrastinating. By "you're" I mean "I" as by not buying anything earlier this week I am now able to get a movie (Honor and Glory) and two shorts (Farm Family in Winter and with the free $10 they gave me.

I usually buy the latest shorts as they come out, but I got the latest Nelson/Pehl short as as well as their shorts DVD.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching "Marriage is a Partnership" and Bridget and Mary Jo's palpable disgust at the bantering between the married couple at the start was pretty great.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
They haven't released the MP3 for the Five Doctors, right?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mister Kingdom posted:

They haven't released the MP3 for the Five Doctors, right?

Not yet, which is a shame as that the Live event was hilarious.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Jack Frost was a great use of a free ten bucks, the most I've laughed at a riff since the Mothra special. The edited scene joke was the highlight.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Even though I've been an MST3K/Rifftrax fan for over a decade and have sat through some of the most horrendous cinematic disasters of all time, I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to be able to handle Birdemic in all its glory. I'm watching the live riff on Amazon Prime and the birds haven't even shown up yet, but I'm pretty sure my brain is already melting down due to the sheer incompetence on display here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Doc Morbid posted:

Even though I've been an MST3K/Rifftrax fan for over a decade and have sat through some of the most horrendous cinematic disasters of all time, I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to be able to handle Birdemic in all its glory. I'm watching the live riff on Amazon Prime and the birds haven't even shown up yet, but I'm pretty sure my brain is already melting down due to the sheer incompetence on display here.

The first half with no birds is my favorite part. It's so utterly bizarre. That means you haven't even been Hanging With My Family yet.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah it actually loses steam when the bird attacks start, because the real draw is the awkward renderings of the basics of human interaction.

And suhpals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Well, that was all kinds of awful and made The Room look like Citizen Kane. Also, Tommy Wiseau is more intelligible and charming than Rod here and should've been the protagonist.

In conclusion: swh pnls