Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

This is just what MMT would say if she was scum and wanted me to fall for her ruse of being town testing me for my reaction at being voted!

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GeneX posted:

King Burgundy, hopefully.

I'll write up a thing in about a day but for maximum effectiveness of said thing let's not talk about the texans for now

I probably won't be commenting on the other thread.

But yes, I'll be reading it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

We got to page 2 first, go team

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

chaoslord posted:

Probably Keane

Only if he gets really angry and indignant

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I have the other thread bookmarked and I will probably browse it from time to time, but I won't read it too closely.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman posted:

This is just what MMT would say if she was scum and wanted me to fall for her ruse of being town testing me for my reaction at being voted!

This sounds like scum TMM trying to joke around with me in a way I find endearing, knowing that I'll think he's town if he buddies up to me :ohdear:

The Lord of Hats posted:

Hello, everyone! I'm Hats! You might remember me from previous Shine games, or from being filthy scum in the Qal thread of Conquest of Qal!

I know we've all got a lot of D1 shitposting to do, but there's just a couple of things I'd like to bring up early:

1. This is a *Soldiers* game! Battle results are important!

There was a bit of a tendency in the Qal thread to treat people focusing on battle results as being scummy for focusing on that instead of the social aspect of Mafia. There's a point there, but holy poo poo it is a treasure trove of mod-confirmed information to pick through and reach conclusions from!

2. The game is (probably) ultimately won or lost on the battlefield

Okay, so this is a bit vague, but the point is this isn't just us against scum, it's us against scum and the other thread. Being on point with scumhunting won't save us if we're getting massacred out there. Thankfully, we have our glorious leader to show us the way to victory, but we should help him out with it where possible. To that end, while it's ultimately up to King Burgundy, I would suggest that we all post where you're best used in battle. Just a simple front rank/back rank is a big help, but more than that could be useful! I wouldn't start sharing until KB gives the all clear, though.

3. Be chill! Take a siesta!

We're better than those gringoes. Let them do all the shouting at each other until they're blue in the face. I'll be honest, this is just an excuse to have a third item on the list, because I got this far. Oh, small point for KB though--be careful about swaying thread opinion too much, it can give scum a lot of cover if you give a lead to follow.

Alright, back to jokephase.

Hahaha fwiw I really hope you're town!

I agree with wanting to share information but feeling like we should get a prompt from KB as to how much / what to share (Bif has a nice template in their thread, should we just steal that one? :j:)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I will not be reading the other thread and I highly recommend we do not rely on KB for discussion of the other thread because discussing it as king is silly

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Murmur Twin posted:

Bif has a nice template in their thread, should we just steal that one?

absolutely not

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Why is no one drinking rn

It's like were not even playing a shine game

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I, too, will not be reading the other thread for obvious reasons

I'm illiterate

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GeneX posted:

absolutely not

Why is that?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

WHAT AM I GONNA DO WITH ALL THIS DYNAMITE????

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Carry it with you as we load you into the catapult, obviously :v:

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Kashuno posted:

Got my shitposting done early
##Vote Kashuno for lying, you'll never be done shitposting :v:

Murmur Twin posted:

(Bif has a nice template in their thread, should we just steal that one? :j:)
It's not stealing. This is wartime, that's officially looting.

More seriously, do we know which leader won the right to choose the first battlefield?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

King Burgundy posted:

Why is that?

A bunch of the questions give too much info to the other side if collected and used for targeting purposes; indeed, I've got an excel sheet of all 10 of their current answers to help the good soldiers of the DdN figure out who to focus fire on. Answers past this post are much more suspect, but I suppose that helps us, too, since it screws with Bifauxnen, enough that I'd rather explain now than wait for more revelations.

It's also great for scum to learn who's worth an NK so I highly encourage any of our brave mexicans behind enemy lines to look at the incoming incomplete dataset for inspiration.

For instance: if Natural 20 isn't lying (strong/risky townplay or just being on our side), he's claimed (by saying "I really don't want to be on the battlefield right now, and want to in the future, because I have rare melee powers") that he gets stronger melee abilities in the late game. That's possibly useful info for us and our brave comrades in the heart of texas.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Murmur Twin posted:

I agree with wanting to share information but feeling like we should get a prompt from KB as to how much / what to share (Bif has a nice template in their thread, should we just steal that one? :j:)

Yeah, I'm trying to hang back a bit at first so I don't overwhelm the thread with my usual posting.

But I'm down with theft. And I'm fine with some of the information being asked for as a starting point, with some editing. I'll need that at a minimum to make good choices.

1. Do you want to be in battle tonight?
A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
A - Please continue to keep me (on/off) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)
B - I'd really prefer to stay (on/off) the battlefield overall, yeah - but this might change if say, I'm out of Shine, or maybe I could still do something cool in the other position every once in a while.
C - That's my choice right now I may change my mind later.

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
A. Front
B. Back

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GeneX posted:

A bunch of the questions give too much info to the other side if collected and used for targeting purposes; indeed, I've got an excel sheet of all 10 of their current answers to help the good soldiers of the DdN figure out who to focus fire on. Answers past this post are much more suspect, but I suppose that helps us, too, since it screws with Bifauxnen, enough that I'd rather explain now than wait for more revelations.

It's also great for scum to learn who's worth an NK so I highly encourage any of our brave mexicans behind enemy lines to look at the incoming incomplete dataset for inspiration.

For instance: if Natural 20 isn't lying (strong/risky townplay or just being on our side), he's claimed (by saying "I really don't want to be on the battlefield right now, and want to in the future, because I have rare melee powers") that he gets stronger melee abilities in the late game. That's possibly useful info for us and our brave comrades in the heart of texas.

Yeah, this is fair, sorry for not waiting for your answer, but you'll see I edited slightly to exclude some things.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I'm trying to hang back a bit at first so I don't overwhelm the thread with my usual posting.

But I'm down with theft. And I'm fine with some of the information being asked for as a starting point, with some editing. I'll need that at a minimum to make good choices.

A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
A - Please continue to keep me (on/off) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)
B - I'd really prefer to stay (on/off) the battlefield overall, yeah - but this might change if say, I'm out of Shine, or maybe I could still do something cool in the other position every once in a while.

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
A. Front
B. Back

1. B
2. C, I'm not a big planner ahead-er.
3. A

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

GeneX posted:

Ooooh I like you!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

kb ran shine 3 like a boss, weve got this on lock

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
Chalk me up as an A, and you can put me in always and forever, as long as its in the back.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max Peck posted:

More seriously, do we know which leader won the right to choose the first battlefield?

I'll be choosing the battlefield the first time.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

1. B
2. A
3. B

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Yeah, but Bif demolished Shine 4. We've got some top-notch leaders here, although ours is clearly better.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Shine 3 :eng99: Haha I'm familiar with KB's posts in that game, I spent the entire time thinking I was reading breadcrumbs that weren't there.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

I'll be choosing the battlefield the first time.

Do you want to share what battlefield you're thinking of picking? It might affect whether people want to participate. On the other side too, I suppose, so that's a consideration.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Here's what I've got, past here all info for bif is suspect (no thanks needed, friend) and also less useful for us and our mexican brethren/sistren in thread 2:

As for KB's questions:

1) A
2) B until a thing
3) B until a thing, then A

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

A, A, B but A is fine too

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.
1. C
2. C
3. A

The Lord of Hats posted:

Do you want to share what battlefield you're thinking of picking? It might affect whether people want to participate. On the other side too, I suppose, so that's a consideration.

I mean, realistically, there are only two choices, and one of them has no special effect.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I would say B/C/B, but I could also do B/C/A

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

A. Front
B. Back

B
C
Front

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

B
C
Front

##vote Kashuno

Look at this scum, he can't even answer the question properly.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

TNL just almost got beat up because of this game, but he was instead tactful.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Won't be sharing just yet. Still thinking about how I want to handle that. But:

Max Peck posted:

I mean, realistically, there are only two choices, and one of them has no special effect.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

TMMadman posted:

##vote Kashuno

Look at this scum, he can't even answer the question properly.

Agreed. Time to turbo.

##vote kashuno

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

1. B
2. A
3. B

Yeah, but Bif demolished Shine 4. We've got some top-notch leaders here, although ours is clearly better.

On second thought, I'm switching to AAB.

Max Peck posted:

Yeah, that's fair.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Y’all dumb as poo poo

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

King Burgundy posted:

B - Yes

B - I'd really prefer to stay on the battlefield overall, yeah - but this might change if say, I'm out of Shine, or maybe I could still do something cool in the other position every once in a while.

B. Back

These are my answers given the choices, but my real feeling is :shrug: for all of them

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

These are my answers given the choices, but my real feeling is :shrug: for all of them

Yeah I feel like these questions are okay from very general perspectives but I hope KB isn’t using them as a sole deciding factor for combat

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh wait, just reread my abilities and thought for a second, I absolutely should stay in the back at all times.

So revise my answers to:

1) A
2) A until a thing then B
3) B no matter what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

King Burgundy posted:

A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

A. Front
B. Back

A, A, A

Come on, you cabrones wanna live forever?!?

• Locked thread