Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
For people with 660s does the game run good for you now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

Top 10 first OC FPP so I'm happy with that. Are the NA servers full of the Chinese horde too?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

underage at the vape shop posted:

For people with 660s does the game run good for you now?

my dad is using a 660 witha 3660K? (not overclocked) and he gets around 50-60 fps

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Raged posted:

Top 10 first OC FPP so I'm happy with that. Are the NA servers full of the Chinese horde too?

I wouldn't say "full" of the Chinese horde, but you still get at least a few a game. I mostly play in NA evenings, it might be worse during the day.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Was AFK when a game started in a squad, so I landed near the end of the flight path in the middle of nowhere. Didn’t see any cars within the render range and started running to some compound. I hear a bike driving and hide by a rock, he drives just past the rock and stops. Since I have no weapon I just climb in. It’s a Chinese guy so I start talking to him in my broken Chinese. He was pretty happy that I spoke some Chinese and eventually let me off somewhere but not before telling me how much he loves Americans or something. Twitch recorded it so maybe I’ll post a clip of it when I have time to cut it.

But seriously, we need a region lock.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Never change PUBG. Never change.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85tSstBV9oU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

I have done this exact thing in solos

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i can't tell if it's because they turned matchmaking on for real, or all the new players, but i'm finally being matched with people as potato as i am. one firefight last night lasted a full 30 seconds with both of us emptying clips and managing to reload and continue firing while out in the open, all while a third guy took potshots at us and missed nearly all of them. i'm finally home

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I've noticed that I'm usually with my own people lately. Actually managed a game with 13 kills, which is the first time I've ever surpassed 6 or 7, I think.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Raged posted:

I just started playing after a few months break and Jesus, once you hit the top tier the aimbotters are rampant. It's not even subtle. Guy inside of building suddenly a 180 and plugs you from 300m away. So drat blatant. staring at the wall directly pointed at me as he moved to a window.

Maybe It's because the Aussie server is 75% Chinese players with strings of numbers and letters as names

edit: lol yep https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/12/99-percent-of-battlegrounds-cheats-are-from-china-playerunknown-says/

The replay system is very revealing. I thought we got just got outshot in a bad situation and then the replay a guy cruises up and aims directly at my duo partner through red smoke, tracks through tree branches and keeps snapping on to him through the tree trunk as he's trying to aim somewhere else. Not that you can do a useless report at this stage.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Three-Phase posted:

PSA: it’s possible when taking a Dacia off-road to get it stuck on an incline (basically bottoming-out the car so none of the wheels make contact).

ALSO: ADDR as far as calling threats go.

Alert
Direction
Description
Range

Range is what screws me up - is there no good way besides manually measuring on the map to get a distance? (I was even thinking of taking a transparency sheet and trying to make a little thing I could tape on the side of my monitor that I could use to quickly determine range.)

I usually ballpark a range eg 50 meters, 100 meteres, 300 meters. You can just use close/far. Close is just any range that needs immediate attention

Zaodai posted:

I wouldn't say "full" of the Chinese horde, but you still get at least a few a game. I mostly play in NA evenings, it might be worse during the day.

Uh games after midnigiht are like 80-90% chinese.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Dec 30, 2017

knees of putty
Apr 2, 2009

gottle o' gear!
I’ve always told myself that matchmaking is on and is why my kd ratio never improves. Obviously the real reason is that I’m pretty bad but it’s nice to pretend once in a while.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
matchmaking is almost certainly enabled in some capacity for a while but it gets hosed with a lot which is probably why they've never had a big announcement about it.

I seem to be getting matched against players I feel are a fair level for me so if it's not working then it could just be the format is conductive for fair play?

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
I honestly think its just the influx of new players getting the game for Christmas. I suck rear end but yesterday I got a game where I had 8 kills and finished #2, people were coming into my field of view without noticing me. I didn't get lucky with weapons so I was using a Uzi, in the middle of nowhere in a field, at this point I already killed 3 guys I think. I was thinking to myself that it sucked that none of these guys had any weapons, at this exact time a guy loaded to the brim literally ran in front of me. A little later, a guy was running towards me BACKWARDS, at first I thought it was a bug or lagged player.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Linked to Reddit because you need the audio and their reddit video system is absolute dogshit that you can't mirror because they separate audio and video tracks but hey here's a good video:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/7mw207/the_tragedy_of_pecado/

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I loved the way my squad did the push to the final zone last night, and I did record it. I obviously hosed up when I should've helped my buddy up, but disregarding that, it was a pretty hectic yet coordinated push to the zone and a chicken dinner. If only the total action bits are your deal, at 12:30 starts the last rush outside from a shack and shooting the remaining dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Z_BRTtqbg

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I cannot understand why anyone would every play TPP when FPP exists. Please, enlighten me.

I don't know why this so hard for you to wrap your head around. Some people prefer the extra aspect of the game of being in 3rd Person, enjoy it being easier to spot enemies, might even like the minigame of being better at peeking corners,etc. Or its just more comfortable to play in 3rd especially with the jankiness of the cars. I use a combo of both, with going into FPP and ADS when I have a decent rifle and know where my bogey is. Otherwise just walking around the game is much more fun in 3rd.

shoognite
Aug 15, 2008

***Space Bomber Corps***

VulgarandStupid posted:

Was AFK when a game started in a squad, so I landed near the end of the flight path in the middle of nowhere. Didn’t see any cars within the render range and started running to some compound. I hear a bike driving and hide by a rock, he drives just past the rock and stops. Since I have no weapon I just climb in. It’s a Chinese guy so I start talking to him in my broken Chinese. He was pretty happy that I spoke some Chinese and eventually let me off somewhere but not before telling me how much he loves Americans or something. Twitch recorded it so maybe I’ll post a clip of it when I have time to cut it.

But seriously, we need a region lock.

I was watching your stream on twitch. It was funny as poo poo. He kind of just dropped you off where that bus was and drove off into the sunset.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Carecat posted:

The replay system is very revealing. I thought we got just got outshot in a bad situation and then the replay a guy cruises up and aims directly at my duo partner through red smoke, tracks through tree branches and keeps snapping on to him through the tree trunk as he's trying to aim somewhere else. Not that you can do a useless report at this stage.

In one of the latest interviews PUBG gave about the hacking they implored people to record a fishy killcam and send it in to them in a post on their forums. Their spokesperson said something like "You have to show us on our forums, how else would we find out about it?" Well, maybe you shouldnt have a pseudo fake report button that does basically nothing?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I can play FPP on Erangel, but on Miramar it's sort of an absolute hell when in vehicles. The viewpoint over terrain bumps around enough that it's a bit sickening (and I don't usually get motion sickness in games at all). It's even more evident when you use the motorcycle or the buggy.

Similarly it's why shooting from vehicles is absolute dogshit. Shotguns are the order of the day there.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

I'm enjoying playing FPP now. Whoever posted that FPP on OC is pretty free from the Chinese tourists using the servers as a toilet was right.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

patonthebach posted:

In one of the latest interviews PUBG gave about the hacking they implored people to record a fishy killcam and send it in to them in a post on their forums. Their spokesperson said something like "You have to show us on our forums, how else would we find out about it?" Well, maybe you shouldnt have a pseudo fake report button that does basically nothing?

Define latest because i thought in the 1.0 patch notes he said the report system including button was working fully.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I'm proud that I ran into the first person I'm pretty sure was cheating. I'm leaving a house near the end of the game. I open the door, hold off a second, and then step out. About 2 seconds later, I get drilled with a headshot from an AKM.
I hit the replay and it shows a guy about 100m away who is hiding behind a car. He is looking away from the house I'm in, but is spinning his camera about. Then his view shifts, he aims down his scope turns directly at me and nails me. He can't actually see me, since there is grass in the way, but still nails 2 consecutive headshots.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Define latest because i thought in the 1.0 patch notes he said the report system including button was working fully.

https://steamed.kotaku.com/99-percent-of-battlegrounds-cheats-are-from-china-play-1821513424

Dec 21st. "I hope if you see a cheater you report them on the forums"

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

you didn't kill him?

Nah, I didn't see him and died screaming as he clowned me.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I'm rusty as nails cause I took a long rear end break but I'm currently streaming some FPP 1vsquads games here

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

CitizenKain posted:

I'm proud that I ran into the first person I'm pretty sure was cheating. I'm leaving a house near the end of the game. I open the door, hold off a second, and then step out. About 2 seconds later, I get drilled with a headshot from an AKM.
I hit the replay and it shows a guy about 100m away who is hiding behind a car. He is looking away from the house I'm in, but is spinning his camera about. Then his view shifts, he aims down his scope turns directly at me and nails me. He can't actually see me, since there is grass in the way, but still nails 2 consecutive headshots.

There was one game I had in FPP where a dude with an SKS kept scoping into the sky before locking onto my head. I don't know if it was a rare FPP cheater or just replay weirdness though.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

He probably doesn't participate in the anti cheat

quote:

Players, please use the in-game report function to report teamkillers and cheaters. There is no longer any need to report the teamkillers on our forum as the in-game system is now fully functional. Thank you for helping us build a fair playing environment!

https://twitter.com/PUBG_help/status/942659636141940736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 30, 2017

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Party Plane Jones posted:

Linked to Reddit because you need the audio and their reddit video system is absolute dogshit that you can't mirror because they separate audio and video tracks but hey here's a good video:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/7mw207/the_tragedy_of_pecado/

this game is so stupid why is it so fun

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Replays are janky as hell, a lot of my deaths shows the dude looking at and shooting into the ground. It's probably better to focus on general positioning and line of sight to spot cheaters. But :lol: @ having to report another million cheaters through their forums.

Edit: Oh, mixed massages.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
One of the tells for cheating is a jittery crosshair, at least that was a big one from days admining a CS1.6 server

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Most killcams are jittery even without cheats though...

Unrelated: what is up with all the one-way fences on miramar :(

e: idk if they're one-way or just impenetrable but either wat they're dumb

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The only thing a kill cam gives you reliably is distance. It’s so off, the rest doesn’t matter. But, at least with distance you can tell if a double headshot was viable or not. You should still be checking things like how damaged your armor or helmet was while crawling to see if every hit was in the same exact place or not.

Sir Spaniard
Nov 9, 2009

I just found the DP-28 in game, after originally thinking it was just a crate weapon only.. and holy jesus gently caress that gun is an absolute terror. I managed to destroy someone from upstairs, through stair railing, as well as window bars. It still managed to do enough damage to put him, then his teammate, down, with maybe a little more than half a drum.

And then did the same, managed to knock someone at 50ish yards. Unfortunately that guy's buddy kept his head and managed to get me with a Scar before I could turn it on him.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
I'm more worried about bot-level Christmas Noobs than I am cheaters, after this play:
Full team killed solo in 15 seconds, after having the drop on me: https://gfycat.com/DisastrousActiveBushbaby
My favorite parts are how I only took a single shot, had no vest, and kept firing at the last guy while following his body to the ground.

^^^ I totally expected the DP to be garbage, then I found one while dropping Georgopol crates and got a few kills with it, was impressed. Recoil is heavy and the irons aren't great though.

Horizontal Tree fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 30, 2017

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

That's weird my wife gets super sick when she plays games in third person.

I have to face the roof/floor of the vehicle or close my eyes when someone else is driving in FPP. It makes me really really carsick. 3PP is nowhere near as bad.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

VulgarandStupid posted:

The only thing a kill cam gives you reliably is distance. It’s so off, the rest doesn’t matter. But, at least with distance you can tell if a double headshot was viable or not. You should still be checking things like how damaged your armor or helmet was while crawling to see if every hit was in the same exact place or not.

Easiest thing to spot, besides the view lock "snapping" between one enemy and another, especially if they are lazy and leave on 100% headshots. You can look at the trail of bullet holes, if they have a recoil script , it will be perfectly straight in a line, same level as both players heads if they are both on the first floor or the earth.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

We played some squad TPP and there were so many Chung_Lee_6546546873524's with amazing shots and terrible, terrible positioning

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Sir Spaniard posted:

half a drum.

Uhh... I believe you mean "half a pancake"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

Uhh... I believe you mean "half a pancake"

it's a pizza.

Three-Phase posted:

I have to face the roof/floor of the vehicle or close my eyes when someone else is driving in FPP. It makes me really really carsick. 3PP is nowhere near as bad.

yeah if i'm driving in FPP she has to close her eyes but when she's playing third person the movement and way the camera acts around objects makes her sick all the time.