Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bad day posted:

Does Doki Doki Literature Club have more meta to it than the character who corrupts your game/computer/must be deleted?

Yes actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Really Pants posted:

Tales from the Borderlands is $7 right now if you'd like something else in the Life is Strange vein

Oddly enough this is posted in the right thread.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

Really Pants posted:

Yes actually.

Where? Is it like that bird game where I have to unlock all the endings first?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's meta in a bunch of senses, eg every conversation you have about 'literature' is actually talking specifically about the game Doki Doki Literature Club.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Jesus christ don't keep going

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Dookie Dookie Shiterature Club

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

games bad, film at 11

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Well, I don't know if Fallen Times has appeared in this thread before, but it popped up in my very first steam sale discovery queue, providing how little time it takes to fall into the shallow end of Steam. Very "it's okay that we made badgame because anime lulzluzluzlz". :rolleyes:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Well I guess I'm doing a trip report...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Having already seen this in action with someone else, prepare for large amounts of jank.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I really liked Dragons Crown and that game is equal opportunity with its anime liefeld designs. For every titty witch theres a dude with an oily 12 pack plus outside of the game art and fx being super busy it's one of the best sidescrolling brawler RPGs. Defo doesn't belong here.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Especially given that they aren't on steam.

I really wish the new Odin sphere was. :(

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Oddly enough this is posted in the right thread.

Tales from the Borderlands is good tho, Telltale used that universe to tell a fun story better than Gearbox ever will.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
That's a pretty drat low bar, I mean it's Gearbox. I will agree that Tales is the best use of the Borderlands setting, but Teltale's engine is barely able to handle characters moving at a walking pace. It was never meant for action heavy things like Borderlands in general.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

Tales from the Borderlands is good tho, Telltale used that universe to tell a fun story better than Gearbox ever will.

People keep saying that but I got it for $0.00 and still couldn't find enjoyment in that series' humor. It's not half as bad as Borderlands 2 but I can't think of anything that is.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I need to buy more cheapass steam games to farm cards to melt for gems so I can buy booster packs to maybe unlock that Soma badge I want.

But then again that seems kind of like :effort:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

DancingShade posted:

I need to buy more cheapass steam games to farm cards to melt for gems so I can buy booster packs to maybe unlock that Soma badge I want.

But then again that seems kind of like :effort:

maybe you should buy a better avatar

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hexwren posted:

maybe you should buy a better avatar

Just lol if you buy your own avatar.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

DancingShade posted:

Just lol if you buy your own avatar.

Yes, this.

At least it’s better than the one before. I think.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
http://store.steampowered.com/app/740040/Play_with_Gilbert/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5D3CSvcOtI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUlAGur4I7E

I gotta level with you guys. This game doesn't look good, and I'm pretty sure those are some store bought assets, and the jumping looks awful and the constant looping of the same meowing noises from every single kitten that follows you is hell on the ears, but it looks like it has heart and I find it kind of....oddly endearing.

:unsmith:

It's not just me, is it?

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 30, 2017

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

No, that looks very pleasant, and I want it to do well. It's sweet

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
same :unsmith:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It's a side project of the devs of Stardrop, a game in early access that looks pretty decent.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

That game doesn't belong in this thread

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
That game looks adorable :kimchi:

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I've become actively suspicious that any indie Steam (or mobile) game claiming to be for children is some weird fetish poo poo in disguise. It's not like there's any oversight to prevent that sort of thing.

Like, I'm not accusing Play with Gilbert of being that, but I see any cute, innocent-looking Steam game and that is where my mind instantly goes.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Rollersnake posted:

I've become actively suspicious that any indie Steam (or mobile) game claiming to be for children is some weird fetish poo poo in disguise. It's not like there's any oversight to prevent that sort of thing.

Like, I'm not accusing Play with Gilbert of being that, but I see any cute, innocent-looking Steam game and that is where my mind instantly goes.

no way dude i thought the exact same thing. i saw that and immediately assumed it was some joy pony poo poo

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
How about not just an asset flip, but a straight copy of a Game Guru demo?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/741460/Blackscreen_Simulator/

As in - take the demo that comes with the software and upload it to Steam as a game.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Rollersnake posted:

That's depressing, but accurate.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I kept waiting for the end of the post on Play with Gilbert for like, the dev to start advocating something terrible or something really awful hidden in the files, but man, I guess it is just a cutesy kitten game for kids. :shobon:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, hopefully I won't eat these words in a couple of posts, but Play with Gilbert legit looks to be a well-intentioned (and semi-successful?) attempt to make a cute exploration/sandbox game for kids. I can't fault that, even if it's kind of janky-looking.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
As I mentioned, it was made by a legit indie developer for their daughter.

Fart of Presto
Feb 9, 2001
Clapping Larry
I always find it amusing when the devs use their personal profile, and use lovely gamer names like DeRaNgEr when posting about kids games like that Gilbert one.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Mokinokaro posted:

As I mentioned, it was made by a legit indie developer for their daughter.

A lot of the stuff he says about kids games tossing micro transactions and unlockables at young kids in kindle games or whatever rings extremely true having a kid at about the same age. Like a kid isn't going to know that if they wanna save up whatever gamebux to unlock whatever character they have to stop hitting the revive button to keep playing that drains the same gamebux account. A chill game a kid can just play for a bit with in-built options to limit time sounds like a legit good dad just making a cute game.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

What the fuzzy flying gently caress is this?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/727180/Escape_Expert/

Watch the trailer. All of it.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SelenicMartian posted:

What the fuzzy flying gently caress is this?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/727180/Escape_Expert/

Watch the trailer. All of it.

Man, stuff like this makes me sad Sbassbear isn't doing that bad games thing anymore :(

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Eh. It's a lovely GTA clone with horrible Engrish. Nothing that made me want to claw my eyes out with a salad fork.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

:psyduck:

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
wow nsfw that screenshot I just lost my job thanks