Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Mafia edit: oh god dammit swap B and A for my answer to Q2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Ok I'm dumb and re-read the OP, but I'm actually going with A, A, and FRONT, not back.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

OMGVBFLOL posted:

A, A, A

Come on, you cabrones wanna live forever?!?

I don't. Put me in coach, estoy listo para jugar

AAA

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Dynamite is both excellent and terrible everywhere.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Confirming!!

Voting Tobbs because I know it will annoy him, and also because..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

##vote Tobbs

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I saw the thread opened and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and I was thinking "man I can do rolling start!!"

Then I sang "ro-ling-staaaaaaaaaht" to myself three times in a row

Then thought "man that's nerdy af"

Then I thought about recording it for the thread

Then sang it again in the beautiful version~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The East Coast is real cold and I think my brain might be breaking :\

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Also!

##vote TMM - I have a theory.

TMMadman posted:

##vote MMT

Your theory is wrong.

You two are inversions of each other, only one can be right.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Lord of Hats posted:

Hello, everyone! I'm Hats! You might remember me from previous Shine games, or from being filthy scum in the Qal thread of Conquest of Qal!

1-2 HELLO I AM A MAFIA DAD

3. Be chill! Take a siesta!

Alright, back to jokephase.

Something wrong here.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Quidthulhu posted:

You two are inversions of each other, only one can be right.

Right is wrong, up is down, black is white, cats are dogs

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

chaoslord posted:

Hats I will be watching you Very Closely this game as I will never forgive myself for letting you off the hook in Qal

Something good here~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

A, C, B

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I'm trying to hang back a bit at first so I don't overwhelm the thread with my usual posting.

But I'm down with theft. And I'm fine with some of the information being asked for as a starting point, with some editing. I'll need that at a minimum to make good choices.

1. Do you want to be in battle tonight?
A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
A - Please continue to keep me (on/off) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)
B - I'd really prefer to stay (on/off) the battlefield overall, yeah - but this might change if say, I'm out of Shine, or maybe I could still do something cool in the other position every once in a while.
C - That's my choice right now I may change my mind later.

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
A. Front
B. Back

C
B
A

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Slaan posted:

I don't. Put me in coach, estoy listo para jugar

AAA

These are not votes, just a battle cry

aaaaaaaa

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

aaaaaaa? That more of a battle whimper, hombre

Do it with force! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##vote genex floundering about question answers a couple times.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
B,B,B to KB. I'll read all this later.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

B,B,B to KB. I'll read all this later.

You read enough to see that KB asked game related info and deigned to respond to it but not enough that you felt you needed to comment on your absence? :raise:

##vote AA

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quidthulhu posted:

You read enough to see that KB asked game related info and deigned to respond to it but not enough that you felt you needed to comment on your absence? :raise:

##vote AA

##vote quidnose

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
We need a :quidduck: emote

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I have a psyduck twitter with 5800 followers, no joke~

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
hey I noticed we're starting but I'm also going to sleep so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9faqM-WvxBQ

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Gamerofthegame posted:

hey I noticed we're starting but I'm also going to sleep so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9faqM-WvxBQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS_6-IwMPjM

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HpzZxOnlek

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I'm trying to hang back a bit at first so I don't overwhelm the thread with my usual posting.

But I'm down with theft. And I'm fine with some of the information being asked for as a starting point, with some editing. I'll need that at a minimum to make good choices.

A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
A - Please continue to keep me (on/off) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)
B - I'd really prefer to stay (on/off) the battlefield overall, yeah - but this might change if say, I'm out of Shine, or maybe I could still do something cool in the other position every once in a while.

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
A. Front
B. Back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0Puo2CJh20

Kid ain't a good talker, and it's already late, but least he can do is answer some questions.

First thing's first, he makes it clear he wants on the front lines as soon as possible. Figures he's got a better chance of doing good for the cause on the field instead of chasing false leads.

Secondly, he knows he's best suited for battle, so he wants to stay on as long as you'll keep him there. He can do some work there if you let 'im.

Thirdly, wind's blowin' in an odd direction, the Kid figures. But that wind's probably best favorin' putting him in the front. He might change his mind later, stick to the back ranks. But for the first couple nights, Kid figures he's gotta see the carnage firsthand.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

let's lynch someone asap so I can blow someone up.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Nothing interesting yet.

Viva el División del Norte!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

50 pounds of bread posted:

Plenty of folks haven't even posted yet. We'll give everyone a chance to get their day actions in, get their posts in, etc.

But having said that, if you had to pick now, who would you get rid of?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Ok 21 people posted answers to Bif's questions in that thread, I'm tired, here's what I've got, good night

I now have thoughts on probable scum tactics for answering/preferences but I'd rather not post those in the same post as giant list of people's answers, for obvious reasons

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

A - YESSSSSSS

A - Please continue to keep me (on) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)

B. Back

Since I haven't done a shine game before...exactly why are we voting to lynch? I assumed we are all on the same side since we were drafted to this team.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard posted:

Since I haven't done a shine game before...exactly why are we voting to lynch? I assumed we are all on the same side since we were drafted to this team.

Nope! There is a scum team in each thread. :)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hello I just wanted to say good luck have fun to the thread I am not a part of don’t be fuckwads OK bye.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ok so A, C, and it doesn't matter for the third one, I can do a thing from the front or back.

Gotta check in with Pod because I maxed a stat but didn't see a difference from when I last checked.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ok got it figured out!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

Kashuno (4): Truth Quark, chaoslord, Max Peck, TMMadman, 50 pounds of bread, chaoslord
GeneX (2): OMGVBFLOL, Kashuno
Quidthulhu (1): chaoslord
chaoslord (1): Murmur Twin
OMGVBFLOL (1): GeneX
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Quidthulhu
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
TMMadman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Murmur Twin (0): TMMadman, chaoslord, chaoslord, TMMadman

Not Voting (15): Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane, Flying Leatherman, Gamerofthegame, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, King Burgundy, Moatillata, Monathin, PMush Perfect, SalTheBard, Slaan, The Lord of Hats, Tobbs Gnawed, Your Personal Muse :rubshands:

With 25 people still alive, it takes 13 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 02nd, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 9 hours.

Rules updated to v4.0!
Changelog Entry: Updated THE SCUM section clarifying valid NK targets. Updated Appendix C clarifying that status effects cannot reduce a stat below 1.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

50 pounds of bread posted:

Sure, sounds good

##vote bread

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hey birb

Go on and harvest yourself some more jerk plants to live in the jerk town that you’re the jerk mayor of!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

King Burgundy posted:

Plenty of folks haven't even posted yet. We'll give everyone a chance to get their day actions in, get their posts in, etc.

But having said that, if you had to pick now, who would you get rid of?

:smugmrgw:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buenos Dias friends!

I've made a large batch of huevos rancheros for everyone to eat!

But before I give anyone a serving, you have to answer a question first. And that question is: If you had the ability to know 2 of the abilities of someone (but not alignment/class/background/rank), who would you use it on and why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

King Burgundy posted:

A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

A. Front
B. Back

C,C,B

• Locked thread