Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I just got Godfrey and Kora from common cores and as my first non-story rare blades holy poo poo are they so much better than everything else I have. They are both on Rex atm until I figure out what the heck I'm doing in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Ok how do I get to the kid at the end of Electra's side quest? I know he's above the level 70 spider hell cave*, and I can see the tiny cave area he's in, I just can't figure out how to get to it.

*Ok so the spiders aren't really a big deal since I'm in the post game but still

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

It's been three chapters and somewhere in the vicinity of 150 cores since my last rare blade. Sometimes this game makes me very angry.

The worst part is how the game teases you with the silhouettes of rare blades before giving you some trash generic piece of poo poo.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bizarre deformity posted:

It's been three chapters and somewhere in the vicinity of 150 cores since my last rare blade. Sometimes this game makes me very angry.

The worst part is how the game teases you with the silhouettes of rare blades before giving you some trash generic piece of poo poo.

I love how thats unskippable too. No no fucker, watch me tease you.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Can you get multiples of rare blades? Or now that I have 1 Kora that is the only one I'll get from cores?

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Why is Tora so big lol

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

ChiTownEddie posted:

Can you get multiples of rare blades?

No.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
For Luck affecting odds of pulling rare blades, is it only the opening driver's luck or is it the whole party's luck?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

poe meater posted:

Why is Tora so big lol

To make him easier to see during battles, and take up approximately the same amount of space as the other characters, I assume.

Also do they don't have to keep swinging the camera really low in cutscenes to get him in frame

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

TurnipFritter posted:

Ok how do I get to the kid at the end of Electra's side quest? I know he's above the level 70 spider hell cave*, and I can see the tiny cave area he's in, I just can't figure out how to get to it.

*Ok so the spiders aren't really a big deal since I'm in the post game but still

Look around the wide tree that the big ape patrols

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ytlaya posted:

edit: By the way, as an example of another somewhat "lost in translation" name, Malos' Japanese name, "Metsu," means something like "destruction." I guess "Malos" sorta has negative connotations, what with the "Mal", but it isn't quite as clear.

Yeah I totally had no idea the dude named Malos was a bad guy.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

PJOmega posted:

For Luck affecting odds of pulling rare blades, is it only the opening driver's luck or is it the whole party's luck?

Is this actually proven to be true?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

ChiTownEddie posted:

I just got Godfrey and Kora from common cores and as my first non-story rare blades holy poo poo are they so much better than everything else I have. They are both on Rex atm until I figure out what the heck I'm doing in this game.

How do use Godfrey? I recently pulled him but do not see the appeal.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

JackDarko posted:

Mostly you just run around with him as your main Blade because he looks like Xenogears

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The tutorial says it is, but the game also implies boosters do anything so...

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

poe meater posted:

Why is Tora so big lol
My headcanon is that he's just a giant fat neckbeard Nopon.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

I got all of the rare blades rather easily and I boosted the luck of whoever opened the crystal.

Like I at most opened like 150 the whole game

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Barudak posted:

The tutorial says it is, but the game also implies boosters do anything so...

I only remember the tutorial saying that luck affected the chances of inflicting/receiving negative statuses, does it say that during the core crystal tutorial or something? Anyway I just burned like 100 crystals and got zero rares so maybe I should have boosted my characters' luck.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

JackDarko posted:

Yeah, I have no idea haha. Kora seems good as a healer tho.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

I only remember the tutorial saying that luck affected the chances of inflicting/receiving negative statuses, does it say that during the core crystal tutorial or something? Anyway I just burned like 100 crystals and got zero rares so maybe I should have boosted my characters' luck.

Yeah, it says luck influences chances to get rare, unique blades.

It may very well be bunk. At least that would be better than force feeding 400 coffees down a character's throat.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Ytlaya posted:

edit: By the way, as an example of another somewhat "lost in translation" name, Malos' Japanese name, "Metsu," means something like "destruction." I guess "Malos" sorta has negative connotations, what with the "Mal", but it isn't quite as clear.

It sounds like malice, dude.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also in spanish it’s plural for “bad guys”

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
I've been playing Guilty Gear. I think Sol Badguy might not be a good dude.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PJOmega posted:

I've been playing Guilty Gear. I think Sol Badguy might not be a good dude.

Look if your daughter married your rival and you got stuck being the grandpa raising their idiot son, you might be in a bad mood, too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Why Shin=Jin

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Tae posted:

Why Shin=Jin

Because he ends up being Malos's exposed weakpoint for Rex to kick.

Seriously though, likely to not end up with shin (character) and shin (body part) mix-ups.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Tae posted:

Why Shin=Jin

UZUKI :argh:

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

What is up with the line readings in this game, everyone pauses awkwardly for seemingly no reason. Pyra and the little mascot in the the helmet seem to get the worst of it.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

ajkalan posted:

What is up with the line readings in this game, everyone pauses awkwardly for seemingly no reason. Pyra and the little mascot in the the helmet seem to get the worst of it.

I wish I hadn't gotten to like the English dialogue because either the VA direction was abysmal or they got their nephew to put the actual recording together.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I don't think I could handle non-English Nia at this point, whatever she sounds like

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

lol

voltcatfish posted:

I don't think I could handle non-English Nia at this point, whatever she sounds like

Yeah, Nia is good

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I haven't looked through the event viewer recently, but I imagine Welsh Nia will make certain scenes godawful. And up to chapter 6, Mythra has not gotten better at all. Whatever direction she was given was basically NyQuil while chewing on cottonballs.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tae posted:

I haven't looked through the event viewer recently, but I imagine Welsh Nia will make certain scenes godawful. And up to chapter 6, Mythra has not gotten better at all. Whatever direction she was given was basically NyQuil while chewing on cottonballs.

I have seen most events and Niah is great in all.

Pyra isnt bad just okay, she isnt really asked to do much tho.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tae posted:

I haven't looked through the event viewer recently, but I imagine Welsh Nia will make certain scenes godawful.

You would be wrong, she's consistently great through the whole game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Nias probably the only decently voiced character who isnt also sadled with extremely long pauses in there sentences for no reason, Rex.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress you Xenoblade 2 and your constant need for every cutscene to be NOPE, EVEN THOUGH YOU WON IN GAME YOU WILL LOSE EVERY FIGHT. God is there ever a chapter where this bullshit doesn't happen? If you're going to make me lose, just have me fail the fight.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
I really like that poppi never gets any sad or tragic backstory. Anime made me so expect she was either a dying girl grampypon somehow transfered into a robot or else that an ether furnace was a bad idea that meant killing a lot of people/blades or something to make.

I like poppi is just a cool robot some nobodies made up and built.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I really like that poppi never gets any sad or tragic backstory. Anime made me so expect she was either a dying girl grampypon somehow transfered into a robot or else that an ether furnace was a bad idea that meant killing a lot of people/blades or something to make.

I like poppi is just a cool robot some nobodies made up and built.

One of the Heart-to-Hearts reveals that Grampypon was inspired by INTENSE RESEARCH of photo books of female Blades.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

I've had my Switch for 3 days now. I've noticed, with this game and the (particularly irritating salvage point) QTEs, there's a slight bit of input lag when I'm docked, but response is crisper when I've got it in 'lol i'm a Vita' mode. I've read that a wired controller won't have the lag. Not sure if I want to pay out the rear end for a Pro controller, or just get one of the cheaper ones with a dedicated USB cord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

5er posted:

I've had my Switch for 3 days now. I've noticed, with this game and the (particularly irritating salvage point) QTEs, there's a slight bit of input lag when I'm docked, but response is crisper when I've got it in 'lol i'm a Vita' mode. I've read that a wired controller won't have the lag. Not sure if I want to pay out the rear end for a Pro controller, or just get one of the cheaper ones with a dedicated USB cord.

Pro controller is worth it but still has that very tiny bit of lag.

Today I spent over one million gold (so far) pumping textiles into my blades while I watch youtube. But on the plus side I'm pretty sure that when I actually finish Mythra's affinity (I have to kill two more unique monsters) I'm going to hit Ultra Instinct immediately.

Of course, then the problem becomes not immediately taking aggro while chaining arts and specials, but I'll cross that bride when I come to it.