Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I’m really unhappy now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

for all i know the fine print existed, but i alluded to it before and haven't heard any suggestion there was anything discoverable for even insistent users, which would make it pretty stupid and negligent

stupid and negligent would be constructing a sloped roof building in chicago without gutters that dumps ice over stairs

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Triglav posted:

those people get a new phone every year so why would they encounter a problem for geriatric batteries

most phone contracts are two years at least in these parts, but yeah same logic applies

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

cis autodrag posted:

Epic had a house blend custom made by a local coffee roaster and it was genuinely delicious. It was called Make It So blend.

"make it so" is only a good name for earl gray hot tea.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Generic Monk posted:

most phone contracts are two years at least in these parts, but yeah same logic applies

there are no subsidized plans here anymore as far as i know

so i figured they were talking about the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program, with innovative features such as
✓ Get a new iPhone every year
✓ Low payments from $34.50/month
✓ Works with your carrier
✓ AppleCare+ coverage included

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
the autocoffes in my building were down/out, gotta find an icup technician when i get back

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Triglav posted:

there are no subsidized plans here anymore as far as i know

so i figured they were talking about the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program, with innovative features such as
✓ Get a new iPhone every year
✓ Low payments from $34.50/month
✓ Works with your carrier
✓ AppleCare+ coverage included

in the uk we never really used 'subsidy' to describe it, maybe because it's pretty easy to do the maths and find that it would be cheaper buying the phone and a plan separately. afaik if you're buying a flagship phone that would cost as a lump sum more than a used car the preferred way to do it is still thru your telecom provider tho

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

cis autodrag posted:

The battery is only 79 bucks? So this whole thing was people who could afford a 1000 dollar phone whining that they didn't want to pay 80 dollars for a battery and therefore Apple should defy physics to extend their battery life without decreasing performance? Apple users are fuckin babies apparently.

the problem is that people had to just magically know that the reason their phone was slow was because their battery was degraded. shorter battery life is an obvious symptom of a battery that needs to be replaced. slower performance even when plugged in is not, and there's nothing in the ui that indicates that it's happening

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
it doesn't matter how cheap or simple a solution to a problem is if you actively tell people that the solution doesn't exist

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I hope they add some kind of way to tell if your phone is being throttled after all of this bullshit.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

cis autodrag posted:

The battery is only 79 bucks? So this whole thing was people who could afford a 1000 dollar phone whining that they didn't want to pay 80 dollars for a battery and therefore Apple should defy physics to extend their battery life without decreasing performance? Apple users are fuckin babies apparently.

ITT, an employee of a company that made somewhere around $10 billion in profit over the last few months tells their customers that they are babies for not wanting to pay for an overpriced battery replacement so that their already overpriced phone runs properly.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

tk posted:

ITT, an employee of a company that made somewhere around $10 billion in profit over the last few months tells their customers that they are babies for not wanting to pay for an overpriced battery replacement so that their already overpriced phone runs properly.

what is the correct price of an iphone?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

it's odd because apple laptops warn you when the battery decays to the point it needs to throttle the cpu, don't they?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

carry on then posted:

what is the correct price of an iphone?

Less than $1079.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

tk posted:

Less than $1079.

oh. i paid less for mine, so it wasn't overpriced then. how times change eh?

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
$1, bob

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

carry on then posted:

oh. i paid less for mine, so it wasn't overpriced then. how times change eh?

Yes, as long as you paid $1078 or less for you iPhone it wasn't overpriced. You got me.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

as long as apple exists their phones will be expensive, they're pretty much the only big company to successfully resist commodification of tech products

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
as long as all other phones are poo poo the iphone wont be overpriced. because there is nothing to compare it to

i dont like apple but i use an iphone for that reason. id love to switch but there is nothing to switch to.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

as long as all other phones are poo poo the iphone wont be overpriced. because there is nothing to compare it to

It's a bit relative as there are more expensive Android phones, some ludicrously more expensive, although at least Vertu has closed.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

tk posted:

Yes, as long as you paid $1078 or less for you iPhone it wasn't overpriced. You got me.

you have no argument beyond a few memes. leave yospos.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

i dont like apple but i use an iphone for that reason. id love to switch but there is nothing to switch to.

*ahem* forgetting about Essential Phone™, arent we?

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
:ninja:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

akadajet posted:

"make it so" is only a good name for tea earl gray hot

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
face id

https://twitter.com/dril/status/315680978607681537

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

My iPhone 6s still runs exactly the same as the day I got it more than 2 years ago I don't know what all the commotion is about.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

How many computations per second does my phone require to :justpost:

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

*ahem* forgetting about Essential Phone™, arent we?

is that like essential oils

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

i discovered face id doesn't work when i am smoking

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

the great thing about having multiple apple devices is the improved chance of having one of them properly receive an iMessage with the correct time stamp and order

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ludwig van Halen posted:

My iPhone 6s still runs exactly the same as the day I got it more than 2 years ago I don't know what all the commotion is about.

Same. I'm going to get the battery replaced next year and use it for another couple of years.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

holding an infrared flashlight in your mouth would do that, yea

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i paid $400 for my x

cis autodrag posted:

Food services is another thing I think they do worse lol. The major reason to work there is salary and rsus imo.

i have been informed by management that the reason our department doesn’t do special employee rewards like ski trips or whatever is that they’d rather dedicate that money to bonus pools

i’m pretty ok with that

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

well i don't smoke but i smolder ;-*

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

rjmccall posted:

i paid $400 for my x

i have been informed by management that the reason our department doesn’t do special employee rewards like ski trips or whatever is that they’d rather dedicate that money to bonus pools

i’m pretty ok with that

b-b-b-b-but team building!

yeah i'd take the bigger bonus instead unless they're able to get a huge bulk discount or something.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

rjmccall posted:

i’m pretty ok with that

I want to be on this team. Like I would put this in the job listing.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

rjmccall posted:

i’m pretty ok with that

depends what my bonus looks like!

i'm kidding, if i ever receive less than 100% of bonus target i won't let the door hit my rear end on the way out

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

cis autodrag posted:

Food services is another thing I think they do worse lol. The major reason to work there is salary and rsus imo.

i can’t speak for epic but i’ve had both apple’s cafeteria food and google’s cafeteria food, and apple’s food is better on average i think, so there’s definitely worse out there

also if you arent an adventurous eater i could see where it wouldn’t impress

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

ComradeCosmobot posted:

also if you arent an adventurous eater i could see where it wouldn’t impress

years ago, as an apple contractor, an employee asked me, being from the midwest, if we have "kor-ee-ann food" where i'm from

just sayin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
corporate cafeterias come in two flavors

aramark
not aramark

if you are in the latter category, you are doing pretty good