Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I get that the math of why we should no lynch but it just seems weird. The only way we gain information is through lynchs. Inf, I'm going to trust you because it worked out in another game, however I feel like this is a dumb move in this game. ##vote No Lynch. I'm just worried about whats going to happen when Shine starts and this game grinds to a halt because of it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I think Infinitum is up to some weird 3rd party antics.

If town prefers a 3rd party + scum victory then go right ahead. ##vote No Lynch

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh god! Lynch No One! is hammered!

Votecount for Day 5

Lynch No One! (4): Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Retro Futurist, SalTheBard, Anidav
Retro Futurist (1): NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Infinitum (0): Anidav, Anidav, SalTheBard, SalTheBard
NevergirlsOFFICIAL (0): Retro Futurist, Retro Futurist
Anidav (0): Infinitum, Infinitum

Not Voting (1): Your Personal Muse

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 30th, 2017 at 1:30 p.m. AEST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

"Socks off? Socks off?"

Mummy sighed and started pulling off one of the socks that Minifauxnen had insisted on wearing only 5 minutes ago. She'd tried to tell her it was too hot to bother with socks. But Minifauxnen grabbed the sock mid-pull, doing a complete 180 on her previous opinion.

"Sock on! Sock onnn!" she whined. Mummy groaned and walked away.

"Socks off?!?!" Minifauxnen wailed after her.

It was the same at lunch - Minifauxnen would say she wanted one thing, then cry the minute Mummy went to get it. And it was the same at play time - she'd say she wanted to ride the bike, then refuse the minute the bike was brought outside.

It was a day of utter frustration, endlessly spinning wheels, accomplishing nothing worthwhile.

:siren: No one was voted out Day 5! :siren:

It is now Night 5. Thread will reopen roughly around 1:30 PM Brisbane time, earlier if actions are in and I'm awake and can be bothered

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Another morning, another breakfast for Minifauxnen. But the "daddy cereal" was gone now, what to make? There wasn't too much left in the place since they'd just been eating holiday leftovers and not shopping. Mummy checked the freezer, maybe Minifauxnen would like something savory.

Ah-ha! They still had one of those baby frozen meals left! Minifauxnen loved this one with the ravioli. Just open it up and...

What? The box was empty! Minifauxnen must have "helpfully" put the empty box back where she thought it belonged.

The whining began...

:siren: Infinitum, Vanilla TOWN, died during Night 5! :siren:

quote:

You are BIIIG NOODLE!

"More food, more food?"
"Ok how about this one?"
"Is a BIIIG noodle!"

You're a type of pasta, so you must be a noodle. But usually noodles are long and thin. You're a whole filled in circle. Some kind of... BIIIIG noodle!

You are filled with healthy veggies but also covered in yummy tomato sauce. You are a straightforward and easy-to-make microwave meal, and Vanilla Town.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (5): Anidav, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Retro Futurist, SalTheBard, Your Personal Muse

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 03rd, 2018 at 1:30 p.m. AEST -- that's in about 3 days, 1 hour.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

##vote sal

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Agreed ##vote Sal

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

##vote Sal

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: SalTheBard :byewhore:

Votecount for Day 6

SalTheBard (3): NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Your Personal Muse, Anidav

Not Voting (2): Retro Futurist, SalTheBard

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 03rd, 2018 at 1:30 p.m. AEST -- that's in about 3 days.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

"Come on, let's go get the laundry!" Mummy called from the doorway. Minifauxnen objected, then cried and ran along to follow after Mummy took a step outside. They walked through to the Hills hoist in the backyard, and Mummy handed Minifauxnen a small bag off her shoulder.

"Put the pegs in there for me, ok?"

Sometimes this worked, and Minifauxnen would enjoy the important responsibility of grabbing pegs to put inside the bag. But not today. Instead, she squealed mischeviously and took off running towards the driveway.

Mummy groand and jogged over to scoop up her kid, taking a shortcut across the grass by the frangipani tree. She was still in bare feet on this hot summer day, and soon discovered that not ALL the bindi grass had been outcompeted after that last lawn mowing and heavy rain.

"AUGH, drat it!" Mummy shouted, limping slightly as she lugged Minifauxnen back inside then unceremoniously dumped her into the cot. Mummy did NOT feel like repeating that chase 10 more times right now just to get one load of laundry down. But first... it was time for revenge. She grabbed her garden gloves and got to pulling.

:siren: SalTheBard, Vanilla TOWN, was voted out on Day 6! :siren:

quote:

You are SPIKY GRASS!

"Spiky grass, hurt the foot!"

Bloody bindis, you're scattered over a decent area of Minifauxnen's front lawn and it's a major pain. But maybe this'll teach her to stop carelessly taking her shoes off and leaving them all over the place. Or some kind of important lesson about life being painful sometimes? Anyway, it's not like you're gonna kill anybody. It's good for kids to get outside.

You are a humble common weed, and Vanilla Town.

But by the time Mummy finished that up and came back in with the laundry... Minifauxnen was all worked up and screaming her head off over being left in the cot.

"Calm down, here, you can come out now... want to help me put away the clothes?"

"NOoo???!" Minifauxnen shrieked. She flailed and kicked at the laundry basket so hard that the cheap plastic broke apart!

:siren: Retro Futurist, Vanilla TOWN, has been endgamed! :siren:

quote:

You are SPACKIT!

"Up in the spackit?"
"Okay, just hold on now, and sit still."
"Back down? Back down?!"
"Ok, back down. Was that scary?"
"Up again?"

You're not only fun to throw clothes in, you're fun to sit or hide in! Sometimes the greatest toys are the simplest things. You are Vanilla Town

Mummy frantically shoved the plastic chunks away before Minifauxnen could somehow scratch herself on one and start crying MORE. How was she gonna get her calmed down this time?

"More goose more goose?!?? More goooooose!!" Minifauxnen wailed. Okay, maybe if she was thirsty she could be placated with some sweet, delicious juice. Mummy poured some into a little cup. But she wasn't fast enough this time. Minifauxnen immediately smacked it down out of Mummy's hand to spill on the floor.

:siren: NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Vanilla TOWN, has been endgamed! :siren:

quote:

You are GOOSE!

"More goose!"
"Juice. J- J- J- JUICE. J- like the Alphablocks! Remember the jay bird? J- J- J-
"J- J- J...."
"J- J- J- JUICE!"
"J- J- J- GOOSE!"

Oh well. She'll get it soon. It's a basic word, just like you are a basic role: Vanilla Town.

The rest of that evening was absolute hell. Bedtime dragged on forever, with Minifauxnen constantly getting back up and demanding another drink of hazardous PGO dihydrogen monoxide plain water.

quote:

You are WATERPANI!

"Here you go, beti. It's water. Paanee!"
"Waterpani?"
"Just water. Water! Or paanee. Paanee! And it's COLD water. Thanda paanee!"
"Waterpani!"
"Water.

You are just a glass of plain water! Good hydration is so important. But you are also one of Minifauxnen's favourite stalling techniques to try and avoid a proper bedtime...

Your role, naturally, is Vanilla Scum.

By the time Minifauxnen finally wore herself out and fell asleep, Mummy's face looked like, well...

quote:

You are RRRRRMMM!

"Draw happy face!"
"Ok! Here's the face, and the eyes, and the nose, and the smile!"
"Happy face! Draw sleeping!"
"Here's the pillow, and the face, and the eyes are closed!"
"Draw RRRRRRMMM!"
"Angry face! Ok here's the face, and the eyes, and the mouth... and eyebrows!"

You might look grumpy, but you're just a part of the natural healthy range of human emotions. You might make people wonder sometimes though, about why Minifauxnen does random weird grunting... As a simple crude drawing, you are Vanilla Scum.

:pcgaming: Your Personal Muse, AsiinaAnidav, and their suicidial scumbro Birdstrike have won a scum victory! :pcgaming:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

:pcgaming: Your Personal Muse, AsiinaAnidav, and their suicidial scumbro Birdstrike have won a scum victory! :pcgaming:

Infinitum posted:

I can also see 2 other scenarios at play in my head, but I find them pretty unlikely at this point in time so imma put them in spoilers brackets as I'm not suggesting them nor will I be playing them out (I just want them on record JIC so I can go "gently caress IT I KNEW IT" at the end :v:)

2.) YPM is scum and scum team killed Birdstrike N1. This would also be one of the single best scum plays I've ever loving seen and my hat would be off to scum if they pulled this off. I don't think YPM is scum, but it IS in the back of my head; hence me calling YPM 'confirmed' town all the time

gently caress IT

I KNEW IT

Legit pro-play hey.

Also why would you vote Sal over Anidav, NGO? :cripes:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Discord invite to scum channel

So yeah, the gimmick this game was "Babby's first mafia" looking like some crazyass Anidav-style pick-a-role game, but everything had some different justification for why it was just vanilla. And yes, Birdstrike did in fact kill him are self N1.

Sorry this ran on so long during the holiday season, this game was even more awkwardly timed on my own end than you can even imagine, but I'm glad it had some crazy dramatic antics after all!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
My flavor claim was that the water would be left on the floor and people would slip on it, Ford the record

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I shouldn't have mentioned the PGO, and asked people to come forth with claims.

Then YPM would have been on the menu.

A little too agreeable with me the whole game :v:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I mother loving knew NGO was scum

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Inf I'm never going to doubt you again.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

I mother loving knew NGO was scum

uh sal honey

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

:siren: NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Vanilla TOWN, has been endgamed! :siren:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I legitimately cannot believe that Birdstrike committing suicide as a dumb joke when the rest of his scumteam failed to contribute an actual idea for a NK won them the game. Shameful.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

uh sal honey

Goddammit

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Infinitum posted:

I shouldn't have mentioned the PGO, and asked people to come forth with claims.

Then YPM would have been on the menu.

A little too agreeable with me the whole game :v:

One of us was claiming it regardless. I actually was more hesitant to claim it when you mentioned PGO.

Also I wasn’t quite sure if or why bird killed him self still at that point

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

I legitimately cannot believe that Birdstrike committing suicide as a dumb joke when the rest of his scumteam failed to contribute an actual idea for a NK won them the game. Shameful.

It was an amazing play.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Podima posted:

To be fair, I thought I read he PMd bif and for some reason assumed he wouldn’t actually kill himself.

I guess that’s worse

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm going to call this out for what it is

This was legit bad play

There should have been a discussion at this point on who to vote for, especially after my flip and me laying out all the math earlier.

Scum would have likely still won with the PGO claim, but for that day.... super super bad play.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Podima posted:

I have never ever seen a play like this.

Did scum know it was a full vanilla game?

Because goddamn if they did

:psyduck: if they didn't

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why would you vote Sal over BLANTANTLY OBVIOUS SCUM anidav

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Inf I'm never going to doubt you again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RVS8cjNN0

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Infinitum posted:

I have never ever seen a play like this.

Did scum know it was a full vanilla game?

Because goddamn if they did

:psyduck: if they didn't

It was suggested it was all vanilla but I didn’t think it was

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:psyboom:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
this game made just about as much sense as a small child

well done for keeping kayfabe, folks

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

If you thought you were defeated by a tactically superior scum team, boy do I have some news for you

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
my other plan was to take Soag and SC64 to lylo and then vote LJ Hooker, the real enemy thus ending the game

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Nah SC had to die for making me feel bad about losing my belt. Sorry it’s the rules

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

How to tell if Anidav is scum: He's in the game.

But legit, if he's throwing out bullshit about what if PGO, or SK or making ridiculous claims, he's scum.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

You cannot beat scum Anidav and his power of a million distractions!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Tut tut. I didn't bring PGO to life that narrative and the Survivor narrative belongs to Infinitum and Gaspy.

Why stop a story from writing itself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Ugh

• Locked thread