Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

My top scum picks, from strongest to weakest:

- Jeabus Mahoney
- Drunk Nerds

aww, why Jeabus? (I don't have a strong enough town read on him to really disagree with you, just curious)

Also why Drunk Nerds out of all the lurky types?

Don't mean to be picking on you btw, just wanna try and get some more meat out of this actual scumlist cause it is one of the few precious scraps I can cling to rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I am a nurse.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Are you legit claiming D1 with 0 pressure, you beautiful disaster of a mafia player?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Infinitum posted:

Are you legit claiming D1 with 0 pressure, you beautiful disaster of a mafia player?

It’s an injoke, idiot.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

I am a nurse.

You are an idiot

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

No one understands me except Gaspy and his elephant like memory

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Anidav’s nurse claim is hands down one of the greatest and cheekiest plays he’s ever done, he tends to reference it when he’s feeling happy with himself.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Anidav posted:

No one understands me except Gaspy and his elephant like memory

Having a good memory in mafia is a curse.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Venom Soag posted:

Anidav’s nurse claim is hands down one of the greatest and cheekiest plays he’s ever done, he tends to reference it when he’s feeling happy with himself.

Yeah, you're not wrong. I'm still kicking myself about that game and it's like 2 years later.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i think anidav has a very cute avatar so im inclined to not want to kill them off early

##vote Curiouscat

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
i like this thread, it's more chill

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I promise not to run a gambit that gets you lynched Gaspy

Can we be friends again?
Y________
N________

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Rats are not cute that are cold blooded horse and carriage killers my friend.

I fed a horse some feed and a day later he was a skeleton.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Tired Moritz posted:

i like this thread, it's more chill

welcome to straya.

also i kinda don't want to vote for spacefriend day1 and i'm for reals sorry about stuff and hope D chills out soon tiths.
i don't think i played in this adnivadeid nursejoke game but i still wanna kill him

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Soag could you elaborate on your list please? I think you're the only person right now who even has one

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

busb posted:

welcome to straya.

also i kinda don't want to vote for spacefriend day1 and i'm for reals sorry about stuff and hope D chills out soon tiths.

Who is spacefriend is it like voice friend

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

i think anidav has a very cute avatar so im inclined to not want to kill them off early

##vote Curiouscat

Hi Tired

Why did you select Cat as your lurker of choice over iajanus and RF, who also have not yet posted

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

aww, why Jeabus? (I don't have a strong enough town read on him to really disagree with you, just curious)

Also why Drunk Nerds out of all the lurky types?

Don't mean to be picking on you btw, just wanna try and get some more meat out of this actual scumlist cause it is one of the few precious scraps I can cling to rn

Why I think jeabus is scum

Part one, too self conscious/trying too hard. Fairly minimal posting but it’s always “I’m town” (literally says this, no one asked) or making a big deal about “getting the bad guys”, just comes across very forced.

Part two, focusing on weird/obtuse reasons to vote people instead of any apparent interest in looking for scum. Joke phase, sure, but there’s joke phase and then there’s literally not putting any effort into your posts. Again, the content feels forced.

Part 3, specifically only wants to be in the back row this isn’t a gotcha, but our ranged troops can still do damage to their back from our front, generally the only people who want to ONLY be in the back are scum running damage.

Why I think drunk nerds is scum

Pretty unhelpful and vague response to the survey, especially since his claims look kinda similar to the role I have but he should have a LOT more to say/add. This kind of surface-level/zero input role to me says a scum fakeclaim not an actual soldier’s abilities.

Couple that with the fact he’s kind of claiming to have a very similar role to me, I’m double suspicious.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Bifauxnen posted:

Hi Tired

Why did you select Cat as your lurker of choice over iajanus and RF, who also have not yet posted

I didn't click everyone on the list to check and I didn't know that they are also afk'd

I would vote them too.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
spacefriend = tiths

gaspy: i want to be in the back row because i'm much more useful there.
I really don't think it's that useful (even though you acknowledge its not a gotcha) from other soldiers games it totally depends on what OPGs and abilities scum got i don't see how you can make those sweeping statements. we'll see a mix of scum wanting to be in combat and not wanting to etc etc.

someone wanting to be at the front is likely to be more durable and know as such, given that two ranks of the enemy can attack them instead of one. that is a legit reason to not want to be front.

i didn't find jeabus' posts to ping me as much as tithin's and birb's initially but i will reread

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Venom Soag posted:

Part one, too self conscious/trying too hard. Fairly minimal posting but it’s always “I’m town” (literally says this, no one asked) or making a big deal about “getting the bad guys”, just comes across very forced.

Part two, focusing on weird/obtuse reasons to vote people instead of any apparent interest in looking for scum. Joke phase, sure, but there’s joke phase and then there’s literally not putting any effort into your posts. Again, the content feels forced.

"He's trying too hard by not putting any effort in!!!" wut

Venom Soag posted:

“I’m town” (literally says this, no one asked)

I say this in every game I'm in, go check

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag posted:

Why I think jeabus is scum

Part 3, specifically only wants to be in the back row this isn’t a gotcha, but our ranged troops can still do damage to their back from our front, generally the only people who want to ONLY be in the back are scum running damage.

Why I think drunk nerds is scum

Pretty unhelpful and vague response to the survey, especially since his claims look kinda similar to the role I have but he should have a LOT more to say/add. This kind of surface-level/zero input role to me says a scum fakeclaim not an actual soldier’s abilities.

Couple that with the fact he’s kind of claiming to have a very similar role to me, I’m double suspicious.

I can personally vouch that Jeabus does in fact start every game of his with an "I'm town" statement. It has got him into some trouble before, but he has stuck to it. That might not be enough to make up for your other objections, but just putting that out there. I'm aware I have a soft spot for Jeabus though, so please keep an extra eye on him for me.

Jeabus, can you clear up if you ONLY want to be in the back row, or if that's just where you prefer?

I'm more intrigued by the Drunk Nerds case though, yeah.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

busb posted:

spacefriend = tiths

gaspy: i want to be in the back row because i'm much more useful there.
I really don't think it's that useful (even though you acknowledge its not a gotcha) from other soldiers games it totally depends on what OPGs and abilities scum got i don't see how you can make those sweeping statements. we'll see a mix of scum wanting to be in combat and not wanting to etc etc.

someone wanting to be at the front is likely to be more durable and know as such, given that two ranks of the enemy can attack them instead of one. that is a legit reason to not want to be front.

i didn't find jeabus' posts to ping me as much as tithin's and birb's initially but i will reread

Tithin is pinging me because he’s committing the cardinal sin of agreeing with me BUT I feel like ol’ Tiths would probably have bowed out if he were anything but town this game because it’d probably be a bit much for him.

That’s right, literally only meta reads on Tithin, zero actual content. Who’s got two thumbs and is bad at mafia?

Dis guy.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

"He's trying too hard by not putting any effort in!!!" wut

These mean literally two seperate things and pretending like they’re opposites only makes you look worse.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Jeabus, can you clear up if you ONLY want to be in the back row, or if that's just where you prefer?

Just where I initially prefer

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Venom Soag posted:

These mean literally two seperate things and pretending like they’re opposites only makes you look worse.

They're two points but they're about the same posts

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

They're two points but they're about the same posts

Ugh.

Trying too hard (to appear town): talking about “getting the bad guys”, “the enemy”

Not putting effort in: literally focusing on dumb poo poo and not doing any actual work.

And you’re still doing it.

Sorry Bif, looks bad for ya boy.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Prince of Space posted:

So a'fore anyone gets all leery over Ma's testin' and scorin,' don't anyone have a name 'round these parts? Reckon we should start getting to tha interduckshuns... Couldn't hurt to show a little kindness to yer kin, anyway!

Name's Gabriel, y'all. I may be a big nobody round these parts, but back where I dun come from I used ta be a big somebody at the ranch I worked at. Wrassled with cattle all day and night until the cows came home, basic'ly. I could probably kill a bull with my own two hands, if it rightly came down to it. Never needed to find out whether I could on that score, thank the lord, but I did have to cold-cock a steer that was lookin' at me queer. Knocked him flat out and nearly broke m'hand when I did!

I mean, yer' lookin' at me right now, so you kin plainly see that I'm a BIG guy... In a one-on-one fistfight I could easily kill a man with two solid wallops of my fist across their face. Just point me at the enemy and let me go at 'em!

I'm a bit put off by the flavourfishing here. I know it's just asking for names, but names can lead to descriptions can lead to abilities...

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Venom Soag posted:

Trying too hard (to appear town): talking about “getting the bad guys”, “the enemy”

fyi this is a soldiers game

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Venom Soag posted:

Tithin is pinging me because he’s committing the cardinal sin of agreeing with me BUT I feel like ol’ Tiths would probably have bowed out if he were anything but town this game because it’d probably be a bit much for him.

That’s right, literally only meta reads on Tithin, zero actual content. Who’s got two thumbs and is bad at mafia?

Dis guy.

Eh, this one's trying a bit too hard. I've agreed with you in the past re stuff, and I'll agree in the future no doubt. I'm having (at least) one lovely day but I made a commitment to this game and I'll stick it through, because I loving love soldiers games.

I thought you of all people would appreciate a good soldier, boss.

PS: Meta reads are as valid a tell as any other but are not a be all and end all of a persons posting

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
im kinda susp on binus right now, he’s been shading busb all game starting with

b-minus1 posted:

busb sus af imo

which he follows with and eventually voted bsub

b-minus1 posted:

Hi bif. Let’s bring home a winner

Flerp and busb scum partners confirmed.

b-minus1 posted:

Holy poo poo. You know who hates dogs? Scum.

##vote busb

scum can be afraid to move their vote around and binus porbably sees busb as an easy option rn ##vote binus

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

tithin posted:

Eh, this one's trying a bit too hard. I've agreed with you in the past re stuff, and I'll agree in the future no doubt. I'm having (at least) one lovely day but I made a commitment to this game and I'll stick it through, because I loving love soldiers games.

I thought you of all people would appreciate a good soldier, boss.

PS: Meta reads are as valid a tell as any other but are not a be all and end all of a persons posting

Agreed 100%.

It’s always been a dream of mine for us to both be town, be in a game and scumhunt together, just being chill bros.

I’m hoping this is that game.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

fyi this is a soldiers game

No one takes that more seriously than me. It’s a Soldiers game, and you’re not playing.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I've got bad vibes about b-, Nat 20 and SirSamVimes just 'cus they're not posting as much as I feel they usually would

better vibes about Ninth, pera and Moritz

I'm bad at reading Xad so someone make sure to keep an eye on them

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm a bit put off by the flavourfishing here. I know it's just asking for names, but names can lead to descriptions can lead to abilities...

it’s literally prince of spazs first game, this is a bullshit case and I would vote jeabus for it

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

it’s literally prince of spazs first game, this is a bullshit case and I would vote jeabus for it

it would be a bad case if it was a case. I'm not bussing the newbie

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I dunno my name is pretty innocent and makes me feel like a harvest moon character.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Cool McCool was also my Pokemon Red character

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Anidav posted:

Cool McCool was also my Pokemon Red character

Not sure I believe you didn’t make it a variation of your own name like you do everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Please don't discredit my middle names.

• Locked thread