Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Anidav posted:

Please don't discredit my middle names.

The Auspol Mafia EU sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
My main concern is that I'm not quite sure how night time works.

It looks like some turn based stuff but is there also hypothetically investigative roles on top of that?

Like Bifauxnen assembles a front and back line that fights the other thread but there is also a scum team within that assembly and on top of that cops investigating our own lines at night?

Am I on the right track here?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Anidav posted:

My main concern is that I'm not quite sure how night time works.

It looks like some turn based stuff but is there also hypothetically investigative roles on top of that?

Like Bifauxnen assembles a front and back line that fights the other thread but there is also a scum team within that assembly and on top of that cops investigating our own lines at night?

Am I on the right track here?

Please study the rules carefully as that’s the only way to get the most out of your individual abilities.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Man when is the last time we actually had a good old Anidav D1 turbo

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I have but I can't imagine it in practice yet.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
I ain't too familiar with these big battles, but it's lookin' like Nat 20, inf, and tpink here want off the battlefield. Now, I'm not sayin' that's somethin' to be worried about immediately, I'm sure they got a useful trick or two up their sleeves, but it does make me wonder somethin' fierce what it might be.

I see busb agrees with my sentiment, but I'm not sure how I feel about that fact or them at the mo'

busb--you got any suspicions right now?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

It's like this, Anidav:

*picks up random stuffed animals from Minifauxnen's cot and bashes them together*

"Oh no! Man fall down!"

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

But the objective is to kill the other leader, not necessarily wipe the scum in this thread out or from experience in prior games like this can the leader only be feasibly killed after killing a threads scum team?

This is my first Shine. There's more to it than simply basing soldiers together, right?

What should I focus on here. Am I hunting scum or requesting night phase positions that will kill the leader faster? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I need the images in my head.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Am I overthinking this?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
##vote Anidav they had an entire recruitment thread to read this poo poo

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Anidav posted:

But the objective is to kill the other leader, not necessarily wipe the scum in this thread out or from experience in prior games like this can the leader only be feasibly killed after killing a threads scum team?

This is my first Shine. There's more to it than simply basing soldiers together, right?

What should I focus on here. Am I hunting scum or requesting night phase positions that will kill the leader faster? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Anidav these sound more like questions about how to play scum/scum objectives than focusing on your role on the battlefield.

Leave big picture to Mother Bif, you focus on not sucking.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
find the scum

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Easy slick, I'm pretty sure day 1 is the perfect day to help people out who aren't 100% sure about things. I'll be fine. I was just seeing if vets had anything to help a greenhorn out. I'm probably not the only one. I just wanna feel more confident and all.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hi anidav who scum

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

No comment on RF. They were absent on the tail end of a game that just finished. So simply yet to show up I think.

Australia is probably gonna go quiet due to Nye celebrations too.

Never played with 4 5 9 11 12 13 14 before unless they are name changing weirdos so I'm suspicious of strangers. Gaspy is the usual scum hunting best served cold. Which is fine for now.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

Easy slick, I'm pretty sure day 1 is the perfect day to help people out who aren't 100% sure about things. I'll be fine. I was just seeing if vets had anything to help a greenhorn out. I'm probably not the only one. I just wanna feel more confident and all.

Gaspy's not wrong, you are overthinking this.

Victory is when the other teams king is dead, but they can't be night killed - only killed on the battlefield. This makes finding scum and not fielding them in combat imperative.

Scum hunt during day phase, use your abilities during battle phase to harm the enemy. When the enemy king runs low on players they will need to either field scum by necessity, or field themselves.

It's a bog standard game with a bit of cross thread poo poo talking thrown in.

That's literally all there is to it.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

I'm a bit put off by the flavourfishing here. I know it's just asking for names, but names can lead to descriptions can lead to abilities...

You'd best be watchin' whare you point your implications there, mister. Ah'm just trying to be friendly and suddenly errbody's comin' at me like I'm tryn' ta put shines on their soul!? Shyoot...

The name's Gabriel, like I said, and I don't care who knows it!

If you don't feel like sharin' yer name or what you kin do then how in tarnation d'you think we're gonna git along as an army?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

YES YOU SHOULD BE HUNTING SCUM GOD

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

YES YOU SHOULD BE HUNTING SCUM GOD

PREFERABLY IN THIS THREAD PLZ

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN DON'T KNOW IF INFI IS SCUM OR NOT AND TO BE drat HONEST, STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN DON'T GIVE A RAT'S rear end. ALL I WANT IS TO TAKE OUT ANYONE WHO AIN'T GOIN TO GET US CLOSER TO A TOWN VICTORY. WHAT STONE COLD DON'T NEED IS A WILDCARD PLAYER WHO MIGHT BE TOWN TAKIN A GAMBIT DURIN COMBAT AND TRYIN SOME WACKED OUT STRATEGY LIKE TRYING TO KILL OUR OWN CLEAR LEADER BECAUSE IT MIGHT REVEAL INFORMATION, THIS IS THE TYPE OF THING THAT A CRAZED SOB LIKE INFI WOULD BE LIABLE TO TRY.

IF THERE IS ONE THING THAT IS FOR drat SURE IT IS THAT FLERP AND SLASHER HAWKE ARE GOOD OL BOYS WHO CAN'T DO ANY WRONG AND THEY ARE ABOUT AS CONFIRMED TOWN AS YOU CAN GET IN THIS GAME, AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

I agree, especially on the “inf is more likely to kill us than be of any value whatsoever” point.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Inf has a bad habit of killing Diamond Dogs.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
If Infi promised to not kill someone that's confirmed town, it would be great.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I also promise not to derail this thread with crazy conspiracy theories.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Anidav posted:

I also promise not to derail this thread with crazy conspiracy theories.

why make promises you can't keep?

(I don't think I've ever played a game with you, I just automatically assume anyone who feels the need to make this promise can't keep it)

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
##unvote cuz I'm going to bed

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I am reading the thread repeatedly and just spinning my wheels. I will try again before getting lost in the hell mists of NYE.

People don't always come back from that place. If I never return, tell my future wife I would have loved her.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

##unvote cuz I'm going to bed

kILL the dozen fuckre now!1

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I'm watching die hard, Good night folks and happy hogmanay

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
5 MORE HOURS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

If you vote for infinitum at 11:58 2018 will start with him getting lynched. Start your year off right.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Jeabus is sleeping through the new year lol

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I am playing Civ 4 for new years eve.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Anidav posted:

I am playing Civ 4 for new years eve.

why trh gently caress aren’t you playing the mgs mods of civ v

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Venom Soag posted:

I agree, especially on the “inf is more likely to kill us than be of any value whatsoever” point.

Sorry you post like scum :shrug:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My NYE resolution is continuing being the bomb rear end mother fuckin' Mafia legend I am

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Infinitum posted:

My NYE resolution is continuing being the bomb rear end mother fuckin' Mafia legend I am

Infinitum posted:

##vote tobbs

Def scum.
Not playing his town game.
N0 scumslip

I'll suck a million dicks if he's not Emperor

Infinitum posted:

A million jillion gazillion dicks

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Look mate, I'm not going to blow you unless you buy me a drink first.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Anidav posted:

I'm so confused scumtell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN DON'T KNOW IF INFI IS SCUM OR NOT AND TO BE drat HONEST, STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN DON'T GIVE A RAT'S rear end. ALL I WANT IS TO TAKE OUT ANYONE WHO AIN'T GOIN TO GET US CLOSER TO A TOWN VICTORY. WHAT STONE COLD DON'T NEED IS A WILDCARD PLAYER WHO MIGHT BE TOWN TAKIN A GAMBIT DURIN COMBAT AND TRYIN SOME WACKED OUT STRATEGY LIKE TRYING TO KILL OUR OWN CLEAR LEADER BECAUSE IT MIGHT REVEAL INFORMATION, THIS IS THE TYPE OF THING THAT A CRAZED SOB LIKE INFI WOULD BE LIABLE TO TRY.

IF THERE IS ONE THING THAT IS FOR drat SURE IT IS THAT FLERP AND SLASHER HAWKE ARE GOOD OL BOYS WHO CAN'T DO ANY WRONG AND THEY ARE ABOUT AS CONFIRMED TOWN AS YOU CAN GET IN THIS GAME, AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE

This is an incredibly annoying posting gimmick so I hope you don't actually say anything important when doing this.

• Locked thread