Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
*slams fist on desk, spittle flying everywhere from my mouth like a rabbid dog* GIVE ME SMASH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

njsykora posted:

Seems like that January Direct might be coming sooner rather than later, fits with my theory that they want to show people who just got a Switch a bunch of stuff coming out as soon as possible.

Starting the New Year off right would be a smart move.

Especially in this, the Year of Waluigi.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Waluigi's Loot Box Simulator

Weedle
May 31, 2006

If Rayman Legends is really that good maybe I’ll get it. I loved the original Rayman for DOS back in the ‘90s but it was insanely hard, especially for a kid who wasn’t that good at video games.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Weedle posted:

If Rayman Legends is really that good maybe I’ll get it. I loved the original Rayman for DOS back in the ‘90s but it was insanely hard, especially for a kid who wasn’t that good at video games.

Legends is nowhere near as hard as the original Rayman game. None of the Rayman games are.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/947491303775911942

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I’m interested in Payday 2 but I remember people complaining about poor support for their past console versions. Did they ever get their act together, i.e. give any indication that the Switch version will be handled better?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Weedle posted:

I’m interested in Payday 2 but I remember people complaining about poor support for their past console versions. Did they ever get their act together, i.e. give any indication that the Switch version will be handled better?

No

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Mega64 posted:

Waluigi's Loot Box Simulator

I would play the poo poo out of a Mario-themed Diablo 3 reskin.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Rayman is just such an ugly game I can hardly bare to look at the grotesque character designs

Agreed, the art style just doesn't jive with me at all.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

over 18 new box preorders, poo poo is about to get real

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Hi guys, is *insanely popular video game series that makes a ton of money with each release* going to be released on the Nintendo Switch, Nintendo's wildly successful console?

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
no

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
One of those mysterious games is luigis mansion

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its hosed up that there is no luigis mansion on switch in this, the year of luigi. maybe next year of luigi in 2018

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
man, iwata announced the year of luigi 5 years ago

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Frankston posted:

Hi guys, is *insanely popular video game series that makes a ton of money with each release* going to be released on the Nintendo Switch, Nintendo's wildly successful console?

It's more like Hi guys, is *insanely popular video game series that makes a ton of money with each release* going to be released on the Nintendo Switch, Nintendo's wildly successful console, sooner rather than later??

It took about two years for Smash to come out. Give me Smash ASAP. ARMS more like BUTTS :colbert:

edit: Also Pokemon Snap 2 please

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a.lo posted:

man, iwata announced the year of luigi 5 years ago

And in my heart? Iwata is still. Iwata is always.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Rocket league on the switch rules

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Puyo Puyo Tetris is the best fighting game, and being able to throw down anywhere, any time is awesome.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Macaluso posted:

*slams fist on desk, spittle flying everywhere from my mouth like a rabbid dog* GIVE ME SMASH

I agree, with this gentleman,

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
they might as well wait an additional year to announce a new Smash

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Knifegrab posted:

Rocket league on the switch rules

It really does. I enjoyed it on the PS4 but put it down after a while. It’s the perfect game for bite size gaming on the switch and it has recaptured my interest.

Also I can’t not make cute little RC cars so the customization grind has me hooked.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No smash until I get my main Pokémon game on the perfect console.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Smash? Who needs Smash?

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
You're right, it's about time they made a good Hulk game

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Has there been any news about Cuphead on Switch? Id get it on PC but im holding out for that local joycon co-op

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Published by Microsoft so no chance.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Has there been any news about Cuphead on Switch? Id get it on PC but im holding out for that local joycon co-op

Don't hold your breath
https://www.polygon.com/2017/7/4/15919210/cuphead-ps4-version

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I can't wait for the Direct to announce 6 new DLC characters for Blaster Master Zero

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Sakurazuka posted:

Published by Microsoft so no chance.

There have been some games published by Microsoft and released on Switch: Sina Mora EX, Max: Curse of the Brotherhood, and most notably, Minecraft. I still think it's highly unlikely though.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Merkinman posted:

There have been some games published by Microsoft and released on Switch: Sina Mora EX, Max: Curse of the Brotherhood, and most notably, Minecraft. I still think it's highly unlikely though.

Sine Mora EX is THQ Nordic, I think Microsoft only published the original XBLA version.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Enter the Gungeon tweeted out 75,000 sales in the 2 weeks it's been on the switch.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The switch is the perfect indie console, give me FTL already

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Macaluso posted:

I've actually been playing a lot of Smash WiiU recently since when it was released I was burned out playing Smash 3DS and couldn't be arsed to play it all again. Still think it's bull all the trophies/items you collected on 3DS didn't transfer over, just your Mii characters.

But yeah game is still loving fun and has a ton of characters. Even if they just ported Smash 4 will all the DLC, and maybe replaced Smash Tour with something more engaging like Smash Run, I would buy it again.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I would have played way more Smash Wii U if it had a decent single player or more "for everyone" online options.

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

njsykora posted:

I think Microsoft only published the original XBLA version.

Microsoft OWNS Minecraft.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
yeah they spent a lot on it

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Frankston posted:

Yes, 2018 is the year to expect a new Wild Arms game. I know you all just heard the whistle intro to Wild Arms the second I mentioned that series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tender Bender posted:

I would have played way more Smash Wii U if it had a decent single player or more "for everyone" online options.

My fingers are crossed for a Subspace sequel.

• Locked thread