Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

cochise posted:

Is Angela Starbuck? :thunk:

Darlene is Starbuck. Angela is Six.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

HorseRenoir posted:

I really like the theory that Whiterose is spending all this time and effort to build a quantum computer / super-science device that doesn't even work; it would feel like a fitting end to the show's story for even the world's ruling elites to be irrational and emotionally driven, impotently lashing out at systems too big for them to change.

This would be perfect

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
The entire series is great and the season 1 purists are weirdos who are probably just overly affectionate for the central mystery the show had going for it at the beginning.

(Saying as someone who didn’t watch S1 live.)

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

Quantum computers are hilarious because so many people spend so much time jerking themselves off about how amazing they're going to be that the just quietly ignore the fact that literally every quantum computer that has ever been built either doesn't work or doesn't do anything regular computers can do. "futurists" are the most gullible motherfuckers out there.

Showed this to a friend who worked on quantum computing when he interned at NSA.

He’s not allowed to say what he did that summer but he is allowed to tell me to tell you you’re dumb

ThaBus
Nov 12, 2013
How exactly would a quantum computer cause leukaemia though (asides from the cliche "super advanced science causes cancer" trope)?

Particle accelerators at least produce radiation in some form afaik.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Semiconductor manufacturing involves lots of toxic, carcinogenic chemicals. But it's not like particle physicists or computer engineers are actually dangerous jobs in real life. Him getting cancer from that doesn't make much sense either way.

Also, they definitely showed a LHC inspired CGI model. It wasn't a mistake, they knew what they were doing. If it's a quantum computer, it's one that is shaped like particle collider.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
now i'm remembering all the LHC conspiracy theories

my favorite was the one that it will destroy the universe and thus as loning as we exist we'll exist in a world where a series of increasingly zany accidents sabotage it

https://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1937370,00.html

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Quantum immortality via pigeons.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
When is season 4?

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy