Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

The dawning items are all ugly

Bullshit, the warlock and titan helmets own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I'm a fallen now :downs:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It’s super neato everyone is posting all their cool drops they got from the rng loot boxes

Theyd be better with random rolls that made them objectively better than average

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
If it was random stat rolls on the armor pieces from Eververse it'd actually be neat. As long as there was an equivalent common armor with the same stats.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bust Rodd posted:

The dawning items are all ugly this event is a non-event I have 3,000 bright dust to spend because I was gonna get the St-14 ship but shaders don’t change the streamers from loving navy blue to anything else gently caress this stupid dead gay game and it’s fake Christmas bullshit.

(Come play trials with me)

Kabr’s ship is better anyway

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

the good fax machine posted:

Kabr’s ship is better anyway

Best ship.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Wait let me guess.... Kabr's ship is from eververse?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I've been told that D2 has an overboard microtransaction model and I am super glad console players are going to rush into this thread every five posts to remind us.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
they have plenty of time to shitpost while they wait for their next frame

amirite or amirite bois

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I've been using my PS4 as a Netflix and Amazon prime box for months now

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Wait let me guess.... Kabr's ship is from eververse?

Obv

Is there even another way of obtaining ships?

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

But guys if I can't get a very fancy hat then why do I even shot mans?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

the good fax machine posted:

Obv

Is there even another way of obtaining ships?

Faction Rally and Iron Banner, whenever they next have one of those go live.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Angry Walrus posted:

Faction Rally and Iron Banner, whenever they next have one of those go live.

Reddit will find a way to take away our next rally

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
the hotfix this coming week will give us Rally & Banner Back

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
There was a boss tweet where someone was like "When is Iron banner" and the dev tweeted "january" and the 1st response was "how much will it cost?"

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Legs Benedict posted:

the hotfix this coming week will give us Rally & Banner Back

Is this the big January update with all the fixes and poo poo, or its own thing?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

For those of us who just started playing this year, expect an identical salt avalanche about Eververse this exact same time next year. Same thing many years running now.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I don’t get why people are so mad about eververse. I have 9600 bright dust and haven’t ever seen anything in eververse I want to buy. Maybe if they put exotic ghosts in the shop list.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

pmchem posted:

I don’t get why people are so mad about eververse. I have 9600 bright dust and haven’t ever seen anything in eververse I want to buy. Maybe if they put exotic ghosts in the shop list.

well, this is just one man’s opinion, but it seems to me like the people who play vidder games and care about mtx are weird hosed up idiots.

you can tell this is true because abgd posts about them.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

pmchem posted:

Because 99 percent of that poo poo should be rewards for activities that currently have no incentive to do them.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

pmchem posted:

oh i dunno dumbass maybe the fact that there's a lovely endgame and a ton of lame microtransactions and mtx focused events are related

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I only have 450 bright dust and I see something I want but dunno if I'll ever get. Bright dust sucks.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I only have 450 bright dust and I see something I want but dunno if I'll ever get. Bright dust sucks.

Frag all your bikes, ships and sparrows

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Norns posted:

Because 99 percent of that poo poo should be rewards for activities that currently have no incentive to do them.

There should be faction ships (EDZ, IO, Titan, etc) for like 200 coins. There should be random chances for ships at the end of strikes. There should be more shaders that come from turn in engrams. There should just be more everything in this dumb game.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
I quit playing after Curse of Osiris. The expack story felt small and so did the new zone. But they made hundreds of new eververse items. Left me feeling burned. Since I already paid for it I'll have to see if the next dlc is more of the same.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
to quote some gently caress on youtube:

There once was a game called Destiny.
It looked like a graphical test to me.
It was brown, there were guns, and about as much fun
as needing a double mastectomy.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Bust Rodd posted:

Also any eververse shaders you don't want. I got a fuckload of dust killing dumb shaders like monochromatic. Pretty sure Dawning shaders just give you nothing for munching them though, like the rest of this dumb dawning poo poo, so keep that in mind.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

I regard my shaders as being my emergency Dust bank. Dismantle according to quantity, do so until I have the $ I need and generally all are equal. People don't think about Dust in terms of nickels and dimes but shaders definitely add up, only it takes a few minutes.

If Tess is selling the Warbeast ornament next week, I'll be doing this as I'm poor after buying the Dawning ship and emote.

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo
Any semi-active clans taking people in? At power level 300~ and just wanna reach 330~. I can commit at least 1 hour per week to this game.

Unrelated:
I don't get the Destiny 2 hate since I got into the series just this month. I played the demo and got hooked with how smooth the gunplay felt. Finally paid for the game after leveling 3 characters. The lack of content is an issue but I forget about that when I start shooting, even when it's the same map I've played over and over again. Maybe it's the honeymoon period and I'll get bitter if I play it long enough.

Before I committed to my D2 purchase I played a bit of Borderlands 2 again and man I hate how the aim is poo poo, bullets spraying wildly all over the place, and the starting enemies being bossfight-levels of bullet sponginess.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah join either HOTDOG PARTY or Tasty Hot Doggos.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

huhwhat posted:

Any semi-active clans taking people in? At power level 300~ and just wanna reach 330~. I can commit at least 1 hour per week to this game.

Unrelated:
I don't get the Destiny 2 hate since I got into the series just this month. I played the demo and got hooked with how smooth the gunplay felt. Finally paid for the game after leveling 3 characters. The lack of content is an issue but I forget about that when I start shooting, even when it's the same map I've played over and over again. Maybe it's the honeymoon period and I'll get bitter if I play it long enough.

Before I committed to my D2 purchase I played a bit of Borderlands 2 again and man I hate how the aim is poo poo, bullets spraying wildly all over the place, and the starting enemies being bossfight-levels of bullet sponginess.

Destiny is pretty unique, it's got that spark that mutually no other game possesses. Eurogamer for example has half an article today spent on saying Destiny 2 didn't deserve to be in their top ten goty but they put it on there anyway because they just kept coming back to it. Virtually every staff member said they didn't like the game but found themselves back on it. It's almost like voodoo magic.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m new to trying to science this, is there a better way of testing this out than running lost sectors with long sight lines and comparing damage numbers at distance?

DARCI provides range numbers. Easiest way is to just load into Leviathan, use DARCI to line yourself up against one of the dudes and then shoot your gun.

Alternatively you can use the distance to an empty Pike to see damage drop off but that requires a little more work, mostly finding a Pike.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I missed out on the lore chat a few pages ago, but since General Batutta got brought up, everyone who hasn't read The Traitor Baru Cormorant yet should go read it. He wrote it and it's real good.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

DrNutt posted:

I missed out on the lore chat a few pages ago, but since General Batutta got brought up, everyone who hasn't read The Traitor Baru Cormorant yet should go read it. He wrote it and it's real good.

Have to second this on general principle. Great book.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

huhwhat posted:

Unrelated:

No one has ever complained about the gunfeel in destiny, it’s best in class.

The problem is destiny 2 is that extremely fun gunfeel surrounded by a game that forgot to make a fun and rewarding endgame, boring and bland pvp that very quickly wears thin, half assed systems that are a regression from the final destiny 1 product, actively hostile to the player inventory management, and a microtransaction system that would make f2p mobile developers blush in its brazenness

If anything the fact that people still play this terrible game is a testament to just how good the gunplay can feel. Whoever ensured they got to keep the halo gun code when they broke away from MS deserves a huge chunk of stock (actually a huge wad of cash because I wouldn’t want Bungie stock at the moment).

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No one has ever complained about the gunfeel in destiny, it’s best in class.

The problem is destiny 2 is that extremely fun gunfeel surrounded by a game that forgot to make a fun and rewarding endgame, boring and bland pvp that very quickly wears thin, half assed systems that are a regression from the final destiny 1 product, actively hostile to the player inventory management, and a microtransaction system that would make f2p mobile developers blush in its brazenness

If anything the fact that people still play this terrible game is a testament to just how good the gunplay can feel. Whoever ensured they got to keep the halo gun code when they broke away from MS deserves a huge chunk of stock (actually a huge wad of cash because I wouldn’t want Bungie stock at the moment).

Basically. Every time I go back to Destiny 2, I enjoy my time at first. But I usually feel unsatisfied after an hour and every session ends with a mixture of resentment and boredom.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I was thinking of what I would like to see in the game. Here's my new years wishlist for the game :

1) Better crafting system. Let us craft mods, even ones you can't normally craft like Ghost mods and Sparrow mods. Let us craft shaders. Give us a reason to collect all those planetary resources and to get exited when the blue resources drop. Introduce research where you can use resources to uncover new crafting recipes. The CoO forge is great but expand it.
2) More variety of mods. Why not introduce things like a Sparrow mod that lets your boost go faster but isn't infinite anymore? Or weapons to turn your sparrow into a pike or interceptor? Choose between rapid-fire gun, dumbfire rocks, homing rockets, etc. Give us a reason to want sparrows OTHER than 160 speed instant summon.
3) Better loot from Patrols and Lost Sectors. Tie in with the crafting system to let Patrols and LS drop crafting mats and resources. There's so little reason to do either of those right now.
4) In-game lore. All those little objects you can scan with your ghost? Tie them in with in-game lore entries and let us collect them. Give us a reason to want to explore and get excited when that ghost pops up in the corner of the screen. Tell interesting stories that have to be unlocked one piece at a time when you explore.
5) Achievements and collectibles. It's one of those things that gives some players a reason to play, others who don't care can ignore them but it offers goals that aren't tied to light level. Give cosmetic rewards such as ghost shells and ships to people who finish large collections of achievements. It works well for Blizzard games, it can work here.
6) Better crucible. Bigger teams, bigger maps, more variety of map types and objectives. Introduce payload-style maps. Assault maps with varying objectives (Blow open a door, sabotage a generator, things like that). The current crucible feels boring, spice it up!
7) Increase the size of the public play area on Mercury and Titan. poo poo's so loving small. Expand the Arcology so that there's public play in there, maybe have that forested area at the end of the CPU mission be playable. Make mercury bigger by saying "The vex have shored up the defenses around the Infinite forest, summoning huge areas around it, but drawing the Hive into the conflict." also gives an opportunity to bring like, that one hive PE with the crystals over to a new area. It's stupid to have a single PE that exists in a single area and nowhere else.
8) Horde-mode style gameplay like that one Hive adventure on Mercury, but bigger and longer.
9) MORE STRIKES. I have so much fun with the strikes in the game but there aren't nearly enough. There's what... 5 in the base game and 2 CoO strikes? There should be at least double that. And why the hell isn't there a strike on the Almighty? That place was amazing, a strike there would be the greatest!
10) NPCs in the world. Let Zavala, Cayde, or Ikora show up during a PE to make it even harder than Heroic, but fight alongside guardians. Each one would have unique and interesting abilities to show off and help out players.
11) One-time-use items that can be crafted. Let players stock up before challenging runs by crafting landmines, traps, deployable ammo pickups for yourself + teammates, lures and decoys to distract enemies in fights, things like that.

I doubt any of these will show up, but it would be interesting and expand the game in so many ways.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

khy posted:

I was thinking of what I would like to see in the game. Here's my new years wishlist for the game :

1) Better crafting system. Let us craft mods, even ones you can't normally craft like Ghost mods and Sparrow mods. Let us craft shaders. Give us a reason to collect all those planetary resources and to get exited when the blue resources drop. Introduce research where you can use resources to uncover new crafting recipes. The CoO forge is great but expand it.
2) More variety of mods. Why not introduce things like a Sparrow mod that lets your boost go faster but isn't infinite anymore? Or weapons to turn your sparrow into a pike or interceptor? Choose between rapid-fire gun, dumbfire rocks, homing rockets, etc. Give us a reason to want sparrows OTHER than 160 speed instant summon.
3) Better loot from Patrols and Lost Sectors. Tie in with the crafting system to let Patrols and LS drop crafting mats and resources. There's so little reason to do either of those right now.
4) In-game lore. All those little objects you can scan with your ghost? Tie them in with in-game lore entries and let us collect them. Give us a reason to want to explore and get excited when that ghost pops up in the corner of the screen. Tell interesting stories that have to be unlocked one piece at a time when you explore.
5) Achievements and collectibles. It's one of those things that gives some players a reason to play, others who don't care can ignore them but it offers goals that aren't tied to light level. Give cosmetic rewards such as ghost shells and ships to people who finish large collections of achievements. It works well for Blizzard games, it can work here.
6) Better crucible. Bigger teams, bigger maps, more variety of map types and objectives. Introduce payload-style maps. Assault maps with varying objectives (Blow open a door, sabotage a generator, things like that). The current crucible feels boring, spice it up!
7) Increase the size of the public play area on Mercury and Titan. poo poo's so loving small. Expand the Arcology so that there's public play in there, maybe have that forested area at the end of the CPU mission be playable. Make mercury bigger by saying "The vex have shored up the defenses around the Infinite forest, summoning huge areas around it, but drawing the Hive into the conflict." also gives an opportunity to bring like, that one hive PE with the crystals over to a new area. It's stupid to have a single PE that exists in a single area and nowhere else.
8) Horde-mode style gameplay like that one Hive adventure on Mercury, but bigger and longer.
9) MORE STRIKES. I have so much fun with the strikes in the game but there aren't nearly enough. There's what... 5 in the base game and 2 CoO strikes? There should be at least double that. And why the hell isn't there a strike on the Almighty? That place was amazing, a strike there would be the greatest!
10) NPCs in the world. Let Zavala, Cayde, or Ikora show up during a PE to make it even harder than Heroic, but fight alongside guardians. Each one would have unique and interesting abilities to show off and help out players.
11) One-time-use items that can be crafted. Let players stock up before challenging runs by crafting landmines, traps, deployable ammo pickups for yourself + teammates, lures and decoys to distract enemies in fights, things like that.

I doubt any of these will show up, but it would be interesting and expand the game in so many ways.

Sounds like D1 with some crafting. Maybe if you can pitch a way to monetize all those systems via gambling lootboxes you could get Bungie to listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Density 2 has very solid core gunplay, relatively little content but decently-paced Skinner boxes built around that content, and an mtx shop that gets more stuff than the rest of the game.

Personally I'm glad bungo has had to react to the outcry around their dodgier decisions and am amused that the community around the game is on full tilt, full-time.

That said, almost none of my friends are interested in playing and every single one of them cite the dearth of content and unease about the emphasis on eververse as reasons why. One of them straight up said to me he thinks the Destiny brand is toxic and that bungie should just start over.

I can't imagine being so personally invested in some videogame that I'll constantly insult and berate people for criticising aspects of it but I still get a bit wistful at what the game could have been if the mtx store wasn't pushed so hard that stuff that used to be tied into normal content rewards were all funnelled into it, to the detriment of said content.

• Locked thread