Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Let's face it, this year is not going to be as good as last year. Sure there are some good things coming out (some even this month!) but mostly let's just know that last year is not going to be beaten anytime soon and just be glad that fact gives us more time to catch up.

Here is a probably incomplete list of the games this month
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4, PC) – January 16
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory (PS4, Vita) – January 19
Kirby Battle (3DS) – January 19
Ni no Kuni: Revenant Kingdom (PC, PS4) – January 19
Lost Sphear (Switch, PS4, PC) – January 23
The Inpatient (PSVR) - January 23
The Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Britannia (PS4) – January 25
Dragon Ball FighterZ (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – January 26
Monster Hunter: World (PS4, Xbox One) – January 26
DISSIDIA Final Fantasy NT (PS4) – January 30

Have a year of good gaming all and please try not to be to dickish to each other tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

MH World is the only thing that's going to matter for several months so it's ok if 2018 starts slow

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
2018, the year Pokemon Snap 2 will finally come out

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

MH World is the only thing that's going to matter for several months so it's ok if 2018 starts slow

Come on now, Dragon Ball FighterZ is right there in the OP

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

2018, the year Pokemon Snap 2 will finally come out

If they didn't make it for the Wii U (ie a system that seems designed for a pokemon snap game), they aren't making it

Pokemon Go is the closest you're ever going to get.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it came out in 2017, they called it Breath of the Wild

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'm posting in this thread from 2017. Come at me mods! :twisted:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

glam rock hamhock posted:

If they didn't make it for the Wii U (ie a system that seems designed for a pokemon snap game), they aren't making it

Pokemon Go is the closest you're ever going to get.

Nooo. You just have to believe

Promise me glam rock hamhock. Promise me you will believe

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Ciaphas posted:

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

there are kids that could join the army and die fighting overseas that didn't buy and play pokemon snap at launch. makes you think

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

also I can't take these moments of gravitas seriously when one of the actors is wearing, charitably, hotpants

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

happy new gaming year everybody

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ushered in the new year with tipsy games of Overcooked and Mount Your Friends

happy video games year to all

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

glam rock hamhock posted:

Come on now, Dragon Ball FighterZ is right there in the OP

One of these games lets me explode a bunch of giant powder keg barrels with an even more giant sword in order to slay a massively giant fire breathing t-rex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgcSU8qQZVY

the other, as appreciably anime as it otherwise is... doesn't

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

(In all seriousness I have no idea about this latest Dragon Ball game so I'll have to look into it at some point I'm sure)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

3x shitpost combo: i like that the thumbnail for that video turned out to be just the massive fireball

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ciaphas posted:

(In all seriousness I have no idea about this latest Dragon Ball game so I'll have to look into it at some point I'm sure)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

Its a Dragon Ball game made by arcsys (makers of Guilty Gear, Blazblue and Persona Arena to name a few) using the xrd engine (probably the best cel shading engine ever made) I don't care about Dragon Ball but it looks loving nuts

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Monster Hunter World isn't officially out until it's on PC.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
help I started replaying Night in the Woods after midnight and now its three o clock

and now im listening to the soundtrack and not sleeping oh no

also gently caress pumpkin head that song is the worst poo poo to play that loving medley near the end :argh:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Some games I've been playing recently:

Child of Light - It's charming, cute and doesn't last too long / A beautiful game that can be bought for a song. Some people find the verse offputting / But they're as relevant as Omar Gooding.
Tales of Berseria - Strength of the main cast really elevates this beyond the sum of its parts. I don't even find the kid too annoying, a rarity in RPGs.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I will spend my first gaming moments of 2018 climbing on cyclopses and chimaeras in Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen hoping for a sequel.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ni no Kuni 2 is March here wth

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Happy New Year! Here's to hopefully finishing some 2017 games in 2018

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Berseria is good except when Magilou is talking for too long.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Justin_Brett posted:

Berseria is good especially when Magilou is talking.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Magilou is my favorite character in the game and I'm sad she keeps leaving the party!

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Finally dropped Xenoblade 2 reaching Chapter 4. I enjoy the gameplay but god if everything surrounding it isn’t 200% tropey anime garbage of the worst kind. It finally lost me on the party discussion about whether or not Tits McGee should wear a maid costume and your dialogue choices are two different flavors of ”Yes”

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Magilou is my favorite character in the game and I'm sad she keeps leaving the party!

she'll stop doing that by the time you have a full party, she isn't one of those characters that's constantly coming and going, it's just the early game

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I liked Rokurou. And sometimes Eizen.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hope the berseria producer continues leading tales in the direction of starring angry women who beat the poo poo out of weird dudes

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The Colonel posted:

i hope the berseria producer continues leading tales in the direction of starring angry women who beat the poo poo out of weird dudes

This is the best genre of video game.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Cyber Sleuth was good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's not like it's even that different from what tales has always been, it's just now you don't have a lloyd or an asbel. i'm ok with having a jude or a luke though, or a graces f arc asbel who's just a weird young dad

in the inevitable tales of zestiria remake, alisha and rose will be the main characters and sorey and mikleo will just be their gay friends

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Jan 1, 2018

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Does tales have a lady protagonist with a bow?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Does tales have a lady protagonist with a bow?
several

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

it's not like it's even that different from what tales has always been, it's just now you don't have a lloyd or an asbel.

Also the game has an ending and a cogent plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I am having a hard time discerning whether there's anything in the Tales franchise other than a collection of generic fantasy tropes - at first glance 5 episodes in.

• Locked thread