Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Roger Explosion posted:

Wow, a score of 5005 might not be enough to keep me in Tier 20, and I really don't feel like going fishing for decently scored match-ups (it bloody well varied between 710 and 724). I expect it might be a bit easier next season without so many armours around and with a few more mergers on my team but, yeesh, that's tough.
I am an idiot and was looking at my Offense score rather than my rank. 4368/5084 with 17 hours to go. I'm safe!

What this also means is that I'm probably safely going to stay in Tier 20 for a while, provided I can get a deathless run. This season, I didn't have a decent bonus unit except Anna, and she's not multi-merged. Sure, some of her skills are a little costly, but she was always going to be a BST sink in comparison to my arena core. If I can safely stay in Tier 20 with her, I'm pretty sure I'll be safe with anyone in the 4th slot, even bonus units like Cecelia and Olivia who have reduced BSTs. I'm pretty happy about this because once I have all the bonus units with a merge or two, I can go back to doing fringe be-the-change units.

That aside, is anyone else working on the hero battle arena rotation units? They are:

Sophia/Gunter
Virion/Cecelia
Hana/Felicia
Subaki/Wrys
Donnel/Olivia
Lissa/Stahl

I chose Sophia, Cecelia, Hana, Subaki, Olivia and Lissa. Having each one kitted out and multi-merged seems like a smart thing to do for times when I don't have a bonus unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

That aside, is anyone else working on the hero battle arena rotation units?

boy have i ever!!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Subaki's in my arena core, and I have a decent/not-terrible Hana/Stahl/Cecilia. Sharena/Anna usually fills in the gaps.

This rotation is the first time I don't have anyone good, since Alfonse is still 4*.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm still not sure if my flyer emblem team needs a dedicated tank. Currently BCamilla/Elincia/Nazura/Hinoka.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Ostentatious posted:

boy have i ever!!
POP QUIZ!

Do I give my +ATK/LnD/Wo Dao+ Hana a speed or an attack refinement? (Atk 56/Spd 41)

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Roger Explosion posted:

POP QUIZ!

Do I give my +ATK/LnD/Wo Dao+ Hana a speed or an attack refinement? (Atk 56/Spd 41)

atk u coward

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
NY!Camilla Voters, add me and my vanilla-brand Camilla for a good time: 148 959 4778

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Emalde posted:

NY!Camilla Voters, add me and my vanilla-brand Camilla for a good time: 148 959 4778

What are the IV on your Camilla? I have a +atk/-def Camilla I want to build into this

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

SgtSteel91 posted:

What are the IV on your Camilla? I have a +atk/-def Camilla I want to build into this

+ATK-HP, -def will probably work about as well. Speed seal can be swapped out for an Iotes if you have hone fliers available, I just like repping the SA4 seal b/c it took me ages to get my hands on it :v:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

POP QUIZ!

if you want to truly meme it up go atk

for lame rear end 'more coverage' go spd

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
hmm do i go big number or bigger number, truly a head scratcher

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Emalde posted:

+ATK-HP, -def will probably work about as well. Speed seal can be swapped out for an Iotes if you have hone fliers available, I just like repping the SA4 seal b/c it took me ages to get my hands on it :v:

My Flier Emblem Team is going to include NY Azura and she has Hone Fliers so I may do just that, thanks!

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jan 1, 2018

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I don't have any of the gauntlet characters, so I'm probably going to give out Spring Camilla for NY Camilla.

I'll switch to her blade/db build instead of gronnraven/tri adept though, or I'll feel bad if you get her against a field of reds.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

im joining ryoma

a joke of a pick for a joke of a game mode

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
no new banner? gently caress off, I only got Christmas Robin and Ryoma.

maybe not have a voting gauntlet that only consist of 5*s? HUH???

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I'm joining Team Lissa. Add me with: 2901861840

You'll be getting my 40+10 DC Eirika to play with.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
voting gauntlet is the only relevant game mode because it's the only mode where u get to play w/ other ppls units

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the worst part of only have robin/ryoma is knowing that they won't get second place which means I probably won't get the 10% bonus

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
there is an absolutely magnificent +10 lyn that wound up on my friend list and she wisely chose team tharja so maybe she will swoon at the power of my florina

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

im on team ryoma because how can you not be team ryoma in this circumstance i mean its loving hilarious

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
i must follow my very gay heart

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I went with Chrom because he's the first time where I have the relevant unit fully kitted out and I have no better idea of who is going to be the losing pick.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

oh hey the new years maps give 3 orbs instead of 1

also I'm on team CRobin because he's the one I have but hopefully Ryoma wins

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Go team Prince "Screw Holidays" Ryoma.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
The legendary banner has given me 2 Spring Chroms.

gently caress this gay earth.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
First time sans bonus unit, but on team Robin because I actually like him the most as a character. Shock.
ID is 1653801449 and will be using my super (normal) Robin or my Lucina.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Golden Battler posted:

The legendary banner has given me 2 Spring Chroms.

gently caress this gay earth.

spring has sprung

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I would have gone with Ryoma even if I didn't have him

really hope the power of memes lets him win this.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Pity broken by Minerva on the new year's banner. I shouldn't have even pulled in the first place so I'm just happy the 5* showed up in a somewhat timely manner even if I don't want her

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
If I see one more useless Niles, I'm gonna be very upset on forums!!!

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Oh neat, I pulled an Elise off the legendary banner. My first ever 5* healer.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I now have two 5* Firs.

Only two more before I upgrade and merge my 4*+.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
wow, look at Chrom vs Tharja. C-Can you imagine how many bonuses that is

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FartingBedpost posted:

I now have two 5* Firs.

Only two more before I upgrade and merge my 4*+.

I’m glad I’m not the only one doing a 4* +10 -> 5* +10 process because the game keeps throwing the same unit at me

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Lissa scored higher than Robin in the first round! I didn't expect that. Neat!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Any tips in building an hp-/atk+ Nowi? Worth 5*ing?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

all dragons except fCorrin want the same build

Edit: also the same build works on fCorrin just fine too

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
lightning breath+/QR?

I assume a defensive a skill and whatever for c?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

lightning breath+/QR?

I assume a defensive a skill and whatever for c?

Pretty much.

Steady Breath + Aether (or bonfire for guaranteed brave bow BLyn OHKOing) is generally the best combo if you have it but you probably don’t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Akett posted:

Oh neat, I pulled an Elise off the legendary banner. My first ever 5* healer.

samesies!!