Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I'll be adding a bunch of content and context from the previous thread soon!

kensei fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Rip old thread.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Long live the new thread!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Dilly Dilly

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Meet the new thread
Same as the old thread

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

I urgently need the old thread unlocked, why wasn't I involved in the planning of this new one? Please do the needful and revert back to me.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

doing the needful

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Thanks for hooking us up with the educational licence kensei, we can find room in the budget to upgrade in the next financial.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Why are we spending all this money on these licenses anyway? Can't we just get the software free off the internet somewhere?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The new thread project is live!

And with only one critical feature missing, the PM team can pat each other on the back and go out to celebrate on the company dime.

The people who participated in creating the thread can't come because they're busy firefighting and applying manual workarounds to make up for the missing features.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Still waiting on that root access!

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
Is this thread ITIL compliant? Agile? Cloud-based? Management wants to make sure we’re doing what they’re reading about in magazines.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Hey guys Sally's credentials didn't get ported to the new thread so I'm letting her use mine for the time being. I've also given her an unsecured USB drive with all our patient and financial data.

By the way, your countdown timer saying something about byte coins to celebrate the launch of the new thread is a bit late. It started after I gave Sally a copy of the files and now I can't open them anymore. I guess they're still being moved to the new thread, huh?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Welcome to page 0001.

Quote this post if your license is not approved for support by Cisco TAC (and then use a serial number of a different device to open the ticket anyway).

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Good God I know I contributed too but if this panic inducing IT thread making GBS threads continues I might die

Meanwhile two tickets came in on New year's Eve. Both complained their VPN wasn't working. I emailed them back (I know I know) telling them to make sure they're using the new VPN, with the process I personally held their hands through just a week before.

Neither one remembered anything about the new VPN. But I cleared my plate of any responsibility for their deadlines not being met before the end of the year.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

to whom it may concern:

My bookmark no longer goes to this thread.

Please advise

Best

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

In on the ground floor.

Server room ac shat this morning like it does every time it's under 15f outside. Held around 80 for the few hours before facilities correct be bothered to go kick it.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Meanwhile two tickets came in on New year's Eve. Both complained their VPN wasn't working.

Our network dudes pushed out new VPN profiles to take effect on 1/1/2018, with the old profiles failing to connect after this date. They did not clear the old ones from any clients.

So glad I am not part of that ticket queue.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Sheep posted:

Our network dudes pushed out new VPN profiles to take effect on 1/1/2018, with the old profiles failing to connect after this date. They did not clear the old ones from any clients.

So glad I am not part of that ticket queue.

Why why why why the gently caress would that combination of decisions get made :psyduck:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Bigass Moth posted:

Welcome to page 0001.

Quote this post if your license is not approved for support by Cisco TAC (and then use a serial number of a different device to open the ticket anyway).

Cc: entire company

Me too

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I was keeping all of the old posts in the trash bin for archiving purposes and now they are gone?????

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Sally had trouble opening the files on her computer so we tried the USB drive on every computer. Now they're all counting down and nobody can get any work done because you guys still haven't finished moving the files to the new thread. This is not a good way to start the new year!

CC: CEO, CFO, Outside contractors
Attachment: Finances 2018.xls.exe; Patient List 2000-2017 (2) - Copy.rtf

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
I've made a bridge for everyone to join to discuss and collaborate on the ongoing issues around the thread migration. I won't be joining as I have other duties to attend to committing boardroom seppuku

-- Do not delete or change any of the following text. --

Join WebEx meeting
Meeting number (access code): 555 123 456
Meeting password: buttfart

Join from a video system or application
Dial 555321654@webex.deadgayforums.net

Join by phone
1-900-555-5555 Call-in toll-free number (US/Canada)
1-555-555-1234 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Toll-free calling restrictions

Can't join the meeting?

If you are a host, go here to view host information.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this WebEx service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

hihifellow posted:

I've made a bridge for everyone to join to discuss and collaborate on the ongoing issues around the thread migration. I won't be joining as I have other duties to attend to committing boardroom seppuku

Join WebEx meeting

Join by phone

Can't join the meeting?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this WebEx service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.

I've delegated this call to one of my team who knows nothing about this project so I have plausible deniability, please forward the invite to them as I'm too important to do it myself.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

hihifellow posted:

Join WebEx meeting

Join by phone

Can't join the meeting?

Please make http://conferencecall.biz/ the background of this thread, the old thread, and all threads on priority.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Tomorrow I get to find out if the self-signed certificates in Avaya IP Office boxes that expired yesterday are actually used for anything in any of the systems we support.

They're good for seven years and they're auto-generated when the system is first initialized.
When you first turn on an IP Office v2 chassis it defaults to a date of Jan 1st 2011.

I regenerated all the ones I could find last week, but I'm sure there's one somewhere that we don't have remote access to that's actually using the cert for something critical. :toot:

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
Can anyone tell me where the old thread is? I have a bunch of files there that I need to access.

Why did the old thread get moved? I didn’t see anything wrong with it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Well, poo poo. Here we are again.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Happy new year, goons. I hope your 2018 is filled with easy tickets, plentiful budgets, and un-spilled spec buckets. And may all your YotJ dreams come true. :toot:

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
How do I use this new thread? Why do you people have to change things all the time?

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

Well, poo poo. Here we are again.

I'm not sure you ever left, DT.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Please restore my post history from the previous threat into this thread or kindly revert.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

We have backups of the old thread, right?

Right?????

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
I have something that actually kinda parallels this thread, so I thought I'd post instead of just shitposting.

I work in paper mill, in production. Paper is made by boiling trees, and then pushing this tree sludge through series of roller nips to make it as flat as possible. The paper is then dried, coated, possibly polished, and cut into customer/product specs.
Everyone probably knows how strong a piece of paper is. We run that tree sludge at like ~800 metres a minute.

We utilize pretty robust high-speed cameras to record and archive when, why, and where the paper web breaks, wraps itself around a hot steam roller, possibly causes a fire, and causes a production stoppage that's cost is calculated in ten thousands of euros a hour.
At the most recent web break event one of the operators wrote, paraphrased, into diary:

"Web break at drying section, would tell you the reason, but all our cameras are saying RESUBSCRIBE. Forced to do a full system was just incase. Estimated downtime 6 hours."

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sirotan posted:

Happy new year, goons. I hope your 2018 is filled with easy tickets, plentiful budgets, and un-spilled spec buckets. And may all your YotJ dreams come true. :toot:

I know mine did, at least - got laid off in June, signed an offer letter last week for a job that starts 1/2. 50% raise from the place that laid me off. :toot:

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Sormus posted:

"Web break at drying section, would tell you the reason, but all our cameras are saying RESUBSCRIBE. Forced to do a full system was just incase. Estimated downtime 6 hours."

Resubscribe like reconnect or resubscribe like "your subscription has expired"?

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

Jaded Burnout posted:

Resubscribe like reconnect or resubscribe like "your subscription has expired"?

Wouldn't actually know, since the system doesn't tell us.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Camera hardware requiring a subscription is the obvious evolution of this loving terrible software as a subscription model.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Agrikk posted:

Can anyone tell me where the old thread is? I have a bunch of files there that I need to access.

Why did the old thread get moved? I didn’t see anything wrong with it.

Just save all your new threads as AAAAAAAAnewthread.txt so they go to the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

I have finally taken the advice of this thread to be That Guy who works a normal schedule and enjoys weekends and holidays off, instead of that Other Guy Who is basically on call 24x7 and is the first person everyone goes to at 11 PM on a Friday when citrix doesn’t work or the print server hangs up.

I am sitting at home right now with my work email account disabled on my phone, I literally have no idea if servers are up or down or if users are panicking and it’s glorious. I’m not reading a single email until Wednesday and I haven’t read any since 12/22.