Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZBy_U32EE&t=335s
Hah!
This skater was thrown a box of Link Vrains instead of flowers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I finally have a phone that can play games and I appreciate how the challenges in the DM world is stuff like play 3 traps while gx went immediately to "deal 25000 range"

How the heck do I do that

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I believe it’s cumulative.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Yeah, a big deal is whether or not it says "in one duel".

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
So between all my friend and family, I was gifted 10 Spirit Warriors packs. Out of 50 cards I only got two I needed (1 Starfire, 1 Zakiel) :negative:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Super Waffle posted:

So between all my friend and family, I was gifted 10 Spirit Warriors packs. Out of 50 cards I only got two I needed (1 Starfire, 1 Zakiel) :negative:
buyingpacks.txt

I know you didn't actually buy them but somebody did.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Senerio posted:

I believe it’s cumulative.

You are right, panic over

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You have a real good farming combo deck, you can hit for like 10k with one attack, usually with something like Gravekeeper's Vassal for the effect damage bonus. Takes some work to put together, though. I'm mostly just using my Blue-Eyes with Kaiba's Beatdown and Riryoku to hit for 5-6k, myself, since it still works pretty well even if you can't combo. IDK who has good skills in GX, though.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Yeah according to my stats, my highest single effect damage was 50,400 using Vassal & Union Attack. It's not hard to get ridiculous numbers with the right kind of deck.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So how are the new rules/LINK cards or whatever? I kinda dropped out of playing some time right after pendulum hit outside of a few video game entries and the Link cards/new Special Summon zone seems interesting but weird. Do pendulum summoned monsters bypass that mechanic or is that summoning method's gimmick just hosed?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So how are the new rules/LINK cards or whatever? I kinda dropped out of playing some time right after pendulum hit outside of a few video game entries and the Link cards/new Special Summon zone seems interesting but weird. Do pendulum summoned monsters bypass that mechanic or is that summoning method's gimmick just hosed?

The Pendulum gimmick is kind of hosed. Pendulum Magicians are still a high tier deck, but that's because they have a million cards and ways to search and are just overall a super consistent deck.

Links have been mostly lovely overall. Most of the meta decks during the Link era so far have largely ignored the mechanic.

That being said, we recently got a bunch of really awesome Links via the Link VRAINS Pack, and there are some absolutely busted Link monsters already released.

Firewall Dragon just got hit on the OCG's most recent banlist, and there's enough Links that can bounce monsters that Grinder Golem of all things has become incredibly meta.

Honestly, the game is in a really weird place right now.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

Honestly, the game is in a really weird place right now.

2018 is starting out great for Duel Links

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I meant the real game. :v:

But hey Duel Links has the best archetype (Gem-Knights) now, so I guess I can start pretending like I like it.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Horus Lv 8 and Phoenix are helping me out quite a bit in Duel Links. :v:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

99% of my deckbuilding is now trying to make gem-knights work despite being denied their core card for no reason.

Not actually dismal it turns out :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

They work surprisingly well even without BriFu or Gem-Knight Fusion.

Now please hurry and add Links so I can abuse Phantom Core, thanks.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
what's a good deck that doesn't rely on Ultra Rares, i'm not paying money for this game so it's easier to get the lower rarities from card pack pools

i was thinking gladiator beasts, which is my fav archetype in real life so I'm hoping they work in this too

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Ancient Gears if the event ever rolls around again. The new bamboo sword FTK/OTK decks are mostly cheap too. Gem Knights are all under UR. Water Swarm is one of the easiest F2P decks since it's mostly card-shop and leveling Mako.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I built Six Samurai pretty easily it seems.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Gladiator Beasts work fine in Duel Links. In exchange for not getting that sweet, sweet MP2, they can run Holy Guard and ignore battle damage on your turn, allowing you to ram into high defense monsters all day and gain advantage. It's a bit tougher to get since you really need 3x Laquari, but you'll get every other card you actually need for the deck while you're getting those & some copies of Impenetrable Attack which is A++ backrow.

Plus, you know, it'll get stronger when they release more of its support in the future, so it's a good investment now.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I desire Venom in Duel Links, on the basis that it might be a place where they don't suck so much.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

I desire Venom in Duel Links, on the basis that it might be a place where they don't suck so much.

They're too slow for the meta of last year even if they'd get a character skill supporting them. They'd need some new cards to be viable.

Tactless Ogre
Oct 31, 2011

MiddleOne posted:

99% of my deckbuilding is now trying to make gem-knights work despite being denied their core card for no reason.

Not actually dismal it turns out :v:

Gem Knights in duel links are super versatile. Either go with the pyro or the electric fusions and build around that; use pure vanilla beatdown if viable, or a quick beatdown with pyroxene fusion and keep the pressure going.

They're hard to use though because in a 20 card deck, the drat things need to run a reliable fusion engine and protection; but they're totally usable. I had fun just using them with pyroxene fusion.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The main issue with Gem-Knights is less about deck size and more hand size - Fusions are 3 card combos that exhaust most of your hand, which is an iffy proposition unless you spend some turns turtling up and accumulating resources.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Here's hoping she'll have synergy with NKs

quote:

A heavily armed heroine arrives! Her high-tech arsenal includes transforming power armor that lets her fly faster than a fighter jet or dodge fluidly like water, and can be equipped with a variety of weapon modules to handle the task at hand. Each module also has a powerful secondary mode that becomes available if you have 3 or more Spell Cards in your Graveyard. Even better, you don’t have to just choose one mode or the other. As long as you have at least 3 Spell Cards in your Graveyard, you get both!

https://ygorganization.com/vampiresdragonmenandjetgirlsohmy/

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Banlist is out

quote:

Forbidden
---------------------------------------
Blackwing - Gofu the Vague Shadow
Dandylion
Double Iris Magician
Level Eater
Maxx "C"
Performapal Skullcrobat Joker

Limited
Apoqliphort Towers
Grinder Golem
Performage Damage Juggler
Firewall Dragon
Monster Reborn
SPYRAL Resort
Solemn Judgment

Semi-Limited
-No Changes-

Unlimited
Artifact Moralltach
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Card Trooper
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Brain Control
El Shaddoll Fusion
Future Fusion
Mind Control
Preparation of Rites
Saqlifice
Bottomless Trap Hole
Ceasefire
Ojama Trio
Torrential Tribute

http://www.yugioh-card.com/uk/gameplay/detail.php?id=1155

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

People seem to have a serious myopia problem with this banlist.

They see Level Eater or Pendulum Magician cards banned, or some hype cards unlimited, and declare it a "good banlist" because one aspect of it made them smile a little, and completely ignore how it's now clear that the whole reason the LVP was cancelled and the cards were moved to imports (leaving some out of TCG reach for a very uncertain amount of time, and directly leading to the whole Scramble Egg clusterfuck) was to sneak Electrumite into EXFO for a few hype bucks before they hit the deck it's used in.

(And to make my opinions clear, Level Eater was seeing absolutely no competitive relevance, even with the advent of silly Link Spam decks, and one look at the OCG meta shows that Pendulum Magicians are not particularly stronger than any other LVP-empowered deck to need that much of a hit, nor the Tier 0 fear of it people have expressed in discussions online this morning. And Scramble Egg wasn't the problem, that important things like LVP Links were in import slots to be compared to it was.)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Oh my god Duel Links just added That Grass Looks Greener to the card trader. :wtc:

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

Oh my god Duel Links just added That Grass Looks Greener to the card trader. :wtc:

What is the point of that card...

Though I guess if your deck works with the graveyard a lot...

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mill for graveyard effects basically. Even with a 30-card limit it has substantial potential.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The more I play it the more Link's meta seems unbelievably bad. Everyone seems to run multiple copies of Mirror Wall, or Wall of Disruption, or Floodgate, and despite all these practical traps you have no reason not to use there's very little practical removal.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 11, 2018

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like post giant trunade MST yugioh.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Wall of Disruption ruined the balance of the combat traps so much that the meta is now divided into:

A: Decks that can ignore backrow (Ancient Gears, Sacred Phoenix, Lockdown Sergeant)
B: Decks that can survive running into Wall of Disruption (Glad Beasts, Red-Eyes, Dino)
C: Everything else

The combination of strong combat traps with low degrees of special summoning has kinda turned the game into the pre-monarch format of the old game were Smashing Ground, Cyber Dragon, Bottomless and Sakuretsu Armor ruled the day. You slowly out-value your opponent and then you OTK. There are a number of good answers to back-row in the game but they're all sabotaged by Sacred Phoenix (a deck which runs no backrow at all except enemy controller) simply being a too popular deck. If you run any backrow-hate but Cosmic then Phoenix trashes you. It was released all the way back in summer but due to Phoenix being an Ultra Rare it took ages for it to reach critical mass among the F2P players. A disturbing number of games I've played in the last week have come down to who gets the best WoD activations off.

These are the current non-archetype answers to backrow that are worth running by the way.

Budget:
Gust - Destroy your own backrow to destroy an equal amount of your opponents
Straight Flush - If your opponent has a full backrow then destroy it (less useful now than it was even a month ago due to more and more playing sacred phoenix)
Anti-magical Arrows - Deny any and all spell & trap activation for one combat phase

P2W:
Cosmic Cyclone - Pay 1000 lp to MST
Xin Zhen Hu - This card was literally never relevant to the real game at any point, locks down 2 backrow cards as long as it is on the field (basically a less rigid Straight Flush)

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Lately I've had some good success with a VWXYZ Turbo gimmick deck that uses the VW fusion and Fusion Tag to quickly bring it out and dominate everything. Banishing any card on the field opt is really strong and changing enemy battle positions when you attack lets you swing over buffed up Hazy Flame monsters that can't be targeted. Buster Drake also protects VWXYZ from E-con shenanigans and destruction.

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Feb 12, 2018

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Lot's of information getting leaked from the V-Jump, the Dark Structure Deck cards are absolutely insane.

quote:

Ankoku no Ma-Oh Diabolos / Darkest Diabolos, Lord of the Lair
Level 8 DARK Dragon Effect Monster
3000/2000
You can use the (1)st and (3)rd effects with this card’s name only once per turn, each.
(1) If a DARK monster(s) you control is Tributed, and this card is in your hand or GY: You can Special Summon this card.
(2) Your opponent cannot Tribute this card, also this card cannot be targeted by your opponent’s card effects.
(3) You can Tribute 1 DARK monster; your opponent chooses 1 card from their hand for you to return to either the top or bottom of the Deck.

quote:

Akumajou Lilith / Lilith, Lady of Lament
Level 3 DARK Fiend Effect Monster
2000/0
You can only use the (2)nd effect with this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If this card was Normal Summoned, its original ATK becomes 1000.
(2) (Quick Effect): You can Tribute 1 DARK monster; reveal 3 Normal Trap Cards from your Deck, your opponent randomly chooses 1 for you to Set, and you shuffle the rest back into the Deck.

quote:

Aku-Oh Ahrima / Ahrima, King of Wickedness
Level 4 DARK Fiend Effect Monster
1700/0
You can only use the (2)nd effect with this card’s name once per turn.
(1) You can discard this card; add 1 “Lair of Darkness” from your Deck to your hand.
(2) You can Tribute 1 DARK monster; draw 1 card, or, if a DARK monster other than this card was Tributed to activate this effect, you can add 1 DARK monster with 2000 or more DEF from your Deck to your hand instead of drawing.

quote:

Ankoku Sekai -Shadow Dystopia- / Lair of Darkness
Field Spell Card
(1) Face-up monsters on the field become DARK-Attribute.
(2) Once per turn, if you would Tribute a monster(s) to activate a card or effect, you can Tribute 1 DARK monster your opponent controls as if you controlled it.
(3) Once per turn, during the End Phase: Special Summon to the turn player’s field, in Defense Position, as many “Shadow Tokens” (Fiend/DARK/Level 3/ATK 1000/DEF 1000) as possible, up to the number of monsters that were Tributed while this card was face-up on the field this turn.

quote:

Aku no Deck Hakai Virus / Grinning Grave Virus
Normal Trap Card
(1) Tribute 1 DARK monster with 3000 or less ATK; your opponent destroys 1 card from their hand and/or Deck for every 500 ATK the Tributed monster had, also, if a DARK monster with 2000 or more ATK was Tributed to activate this card, check all cards your opponent draws until the end of their 3rd turn after this card’s activation, and destroy all monsters among them, also cards sent to the Graveyard because they were destroyed by this card’s effect cannot activate their effects during the turn they were destroyed.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ho ho holy gently caress
What the christ

Tactless Ogre
Oct 31, 2011

So that new duel links box came out and honestly, I think with this box out now, the game is going to be heavily redefined on backrow destruction and removal. But God drat are these cards loving powerful. Especially with poo poo like Call of the Archfiend out, many of the old staples and traps won't cut it anymore with exception to enemy controller. Sadly, with no real available destruction, the game can totally swing in a different direction now.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

A-counter based Alien decks are here my amigos and I am loving Ready

e: also it seems atk caps out at 65,535 for some reason??? i summoned Ra when i had nearly 200klp and it only ended up with that amount

Skeleton Mom fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 20, 2018

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Julias posted:

Lot's of information getting leaked from the V-Jump, the Dark Structure Deck cards are absolutely insane.

I haven't bought cards in like 3 years but I will definitely buy this if the TCG Structure Decks are 1:1 with the OCG. Or at least if these cards are included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

ThermoPhysical posted:

I haven't bought cards in like 3 years but I will definitely buy this if the TCG Structure Decks are 1:1 with the OCG. Or at least if these cards are included.

TCG Structure Decks are usually very similar to the OCG counterpart, sometimes swapping out a reprint or two, but the core cards will definitely remain. They used to have issues with the release schedule, but they caught up by releasing Ancient Gears at the same time as Dinosaurs and now they're relatively on track. For this one specifically, they've already announced the date (April 20) and teased some of the new cards.