Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
just beat horizon zero dawn and the dlc

workin on some idie games now then either resident evil 7 or alien isolation for some horror goodness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

It took me buying the game for three systems and starting to play multiple times but I finally get why everyone loves The Witcher 3 so much. I am like 8 hours in and just cleared the final monster nest in the starting town. I am moving on to the place with the giant hang man's tree.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Did the crack on my PS3 slim and got the CFW up and running.

Getting images working on this thing is kind of a pain in the rear end, since the PS3 uses FAT32 with the 4gb file size limit. There's splitters and poo poo, but I've had a crappy time getting half of them working.

I'm really considering signing up for gamefly just to copy games off disc while they still support ps3. All my ripped backups work great.

been playing thps4 again because god drat i loving kill it on 4 and 2.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Beat evil within 2 today. It was good but a bit long in my opinion. That’s how I felt about resident evil 7 though so I think I just prefer survival horror in shorter bursts.

I also bought r6 siege for Xbox tonight and it’s pretty fun. Gameplay is a nice change up from the larger scale, more frantic stuff I’m usually playing like battlefield one and titanfall

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

It took me buying the game for three systems and starting to play multiple times but I finally get why everyone loves The Witcher 3 so much. I am like 8 hours in and just cleared the final monster nest in the starting town. I am moving on to the place with the giant hang man's tree.

I just started a fresh play through.

Maybe if I'm lucky I'll clear the first map by Tuesday

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Alien Isolation is my favorite horror game. It’s incredibly immersive, especially if you have a surround headset to go with it. It’s the only horror game I’ve played where I had to stop playing it after an hour or so because it was so intense.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

hellgame
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qGCleYV4cw

Super86
Apr 20, 2016

Is that game designed to teach anger management or something?

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Happy end of year gip gaming thread.

Next year I will finally play

-the PS3 Metal Gear/Solid collection that has Metal Gear 1+2 Metal Gear's Solid 1 -4 with side stories.
-the relatively oldschool Exile series by Jeff Vogel, not the remakes or the re-remakes of the Exile games.
-Daggerfall in all it's buggy glory
-Boiling Point in all it's eastern european developer ripping of Far Cry + Everquest 2 buggy glory.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Definitely play Peace Walker. It's probably the next best Metal Gear behind MGSV.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Naked Bear posted:

Definitely play Peace Walker. It's probably the next best Metal Gear behind MGSV.

Gonna play the MG games in order, that means the Nintendo games first with it's groundbreaking cardboard boxes.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
if you're going to do the NES ones then you need to find a ROM of Snake's Revenge :twisted:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also the game boy color mgs

Naked Bear posted:

seriously. enjoy it. its so much fun and cool and good with a controller

gently caress i might play through it again

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

you also have permission to skip poops and acid 1-2

twin snakes is really good too

and never forget:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvgo1jNLyLY

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

It's this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_The_Legacy_Collection

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

its a really good collection

also the only game im really excited about in 2018 is the new dragonball fighting game since everyone who played marvel is switching immediately to that on day 1

also it looks cool as hell

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

just wait til you do the bloody baron questline

also, this happened last night

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

they have jetskis in PUBG?????????????????

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ElMaligno posted:

they have jetskis in PUBG?????????????????

They're really good at murdering swimmers

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Maybe it's just because I haven't played PUBG on PC, but I'm having a lot of fun on xbone, both solo and with squads. Yeah, the FPS and controls are a little wonky, but it's the first game in a while I've gotten to play with friends online. I managed to get to #2 in a Duo game with a buddy, and holy poo poo was that stressful.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I got xcom2 on sale, and I've never played one of these before. Got loving stomped on the first mission after the tutorial.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Just bought a switch. Seems pretty cool so far.

Got super Mario and breath of the wild.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

BOTW is pretty fun. Not a zelda by traditional standards at all really. Some go back and forth on which style they prefer

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

brand engager posted:

I got xcom2 on sale, and I've never played one of these before. Got loving stomped on the first mission after the tutorial.

:xcom:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Sennheiser PC 350 got in 2010

Was gonna give this away locally but figured I’d see if anyone here needed a PC gaming headset. I definitely got my mileage out of it. Ear cups are pretty much brand new, I replaced them right before I stopped using them. Foam part in headband is exposed and the covering is all flaked off. It has a separate plug for mic. Definitely needs powerful drivers

Just give me your address and promise you’ll put them to use and they’re yours. I gotcha postage, it’s not gonna be packaged fancy

also actually post here

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Sennheiser PC 350 got in 2010

Was gonna give this away locally but figured I’d see if anyone here needed a PC gaming headset. I definitely got my mileage out of it. Ear cups are pretty much brand new, I replaced them right before I stopped using them. Foam part in headband is exposed and the covering is all flaked off. It has a separate plug for mic. Definitely needs powerful drivers

Just give me your address and promise you’ll put them to use and they’re yours. I gotcha postage, it’s not gonna be packaged fancy

also actually post here

My kiddo needs a new headset in a bad way so he can poo poo talk to his Uncle while playing Overwatch. I'd kick you some cash for shipping if you'd ship to an FPO address.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

its a really good collection

also the only game im really excited about in 2018 is the new dragonball fighting game since everyone who played marvel is switching immediately to that on day 1

also it looks cool as hell

Picked up Injustice 2 this week. It’s pretty fun

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

they did a good job picking out dlc stuff. hellboy and tmnt are both good picks

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Speaking of XCOM 2, and since it's on sale, is it worth the 20 bucks, and should I grab the Digital Deluxe Edition for 4 extra bucks?
The steam store has zero information on what the DDE even includes, and googling reveals some jibberjabber about season pass and dlc poo poo that makes sense to Steam nerds, but none to me

/edit:
gently caress it, four extra bucks for what looks to be an entire new class, new missions, and customization options for soldiers sounds fair enough

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jan 1, 2018

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Went through the recommended videos a bit :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTvdKLI7Ndo

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Speaking of XCOM 2, and since it's on sale, is it worth the 20 bucks, and should I grab the Digital Deluxe Edition for 4 extra bucks?
The steam store has zero information on what the DDE even includes, and googling reveals some jibberjabber about season pass and dlc poo poo that makes sense to Steam nerds, but none to me

/edit:
gently caress it, four extra bucks for what looks to be an entire new class, new missions, and customization options for soldiers sounds fair enough

The Alien Hunters addition is a really neat thing for the whole run, the Shen's Last Gift mission is really long and good, and the customizations are a nice bonus.

If you end up liking it, do a full run or two of XCOM 2, then get War of the Chosen. WotC is sort of like XCOM 1's Enemy Within, but even more in-depth with even more poo poo to do.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop posted:

/edit:

For your own sake, don't go investigating Dr vahlen's last transmission until you have at least the first upgrade to your weapons and armour. Trust me on this.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Game just finished loading on my dumb 16mbit connection. Christ, I can't wait to have something reasonable like 50-100mbit minimum again. Purchased the game at 2:30, had to find something else to do for four and a half hours until I could play. poo poo was like going to bed on Christmas Eve.

I'm looking forward to getting my rear end stomped and missing certain shots at ten feet range. At least I'm assuming the latter is still a thing because it's XCOM

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

https://youtu.be/o55lI6j-hZw

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
And the last buy of this holiday sale was Madden 18.

Moving to a new engine did a world of good. Game loads faster, animations are more fluid, feels very responsive to play. Running is very easy this year.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

For your own sake, don't go investigating Dr vahlen's last transmission until you have at least the first upgrade to your weapons and armour. Trust me on this.

For real. I made that mistake the first time I played with that DLC installed and it was right up there in pucker factor measurements with the chryssalid boat from XCOM: EW. Which I also hit with base level tech. :gonk:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, this poo poo is getting me pumped in the game. My first reaction was "Ho-hum, a little overdramatic for assembling gear and fitting out soldiers, isn't it?", and after a few seconds, I went all :patriot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

I think I'm going to look up some strategy guide for basic advice before continuing. I recall loading up a huge burden in the first game by making some bad decisions early in the game.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Build the guerilla tactics school as soon as you can. I would say it should be your first choice. Start getting the squad size upgrades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I was legit disappointed when they removed this music from the ready screen on WOTC.