Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dr Cheeto posted:

I like Tatami Galaxy, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and Space Dandy

Tatami Galaxy is cool but he said he didn't want school stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the guy who directed one punch man and served as a director on space dandy directed a show last year about people eating and discussing cake and bread while calmly unraveling and planning against a major political conspiracy by the upper class. it's called acca 13 and i recommend it to all, one of the most important characters is the main character's boss who's just an old guy with a nice mustache

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

Tatami Galaxy is cool but he said he didn't want school stuff

it's college and the post said high school

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I want to create an anime named Panty Shot High School that contains neither of those things.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
kyousougiga is another anime from the person who directed s1 of blood blockade battlefront and it's a story about a little girl with a huge hammer learning about her family and bringing them back together by headbutting her dad really hard, i also highly recommend that

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

bentacos posted:

I want to create an anime named Panty Shot High School that contains neither of those things.

The egg cream of anime

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The last page hath proven that there is no good anime.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Pretty sure FMA brotherhood falls into this, the only real fanservice is extremely ripped beefcakes armstrong and sig.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
My favorite still is Baccano!, it's such a superb show.

Although I assume the person with a Jojo avatar was being facetious.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

also i'm sad that the best way to emulate this game is still using a five year old version of pcsx2 with a game fix that makes all the water disappear

Cursed image.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What about that anime where every country is represented with a cat

Edit: this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZgThOBgb4s

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

i couldn't get into polar bear cafe even when i had a job

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Samuringa posted:

My favorite still is Baccano!, it's such a superb show.

Although I assume the person with a Jojo avatar was being facetious.

No?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The only anime-related thing I've been into lately is reading Komi-san, but that's all about high school.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

The Colonel posted:

the guy who directed one punch man and served as a director on space dandy directed a show last year about people eating and discussing cake and bread while calmly unraveling and planning against a major political conspiracy by the upper class. it's called acca 13 and i recommend it to all, one of the most important characters is the main character's boss who's just an old guy with a nice mustache

ACCA is super good and you should watch it if you like really lowkey anime and exquisitely drawn bread

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Anime posons threads

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wow, Pyre is actually really really good. I expected to be bored by the gameplay, but I played it on the second hardest difficulty and find that the Rites are just the right amount of challenge, and I have had a number of close and tense victories. Of course, it is nice that you can restart -- the "combat" is very odd, a strange blend of Transistor's mechanics with, uh, basketball, and I'm not sure if it's exactly great -- switching between my teammates is a chore, for starters -- but it's quite satisfying to slip around an enemy guard and sink in a shot. I like it a lot and the art is gorgeous.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nina posted:

ACCA is super good and you should watch it if you like really lowkey anime and exquisitely drawn bread

Please follow this advice. Though I'd say it's only low key in the sense that it's like sitting in a room with a powder keg, though you can't see any lit matches.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Wow, Pyre is actually really really good. I expected to be bored by the gameplay, but I played it on the second hardest difficulty and find that the Rites are just the right amount of challenge, and I have had a number of close and tense victories. Of course, it is nice that you can restart -- the "combat" is very odd, a strange blend of Transistor's mechanics with, uh, basketball, and I'm not sure if it's exactly great -- switching between my teammates is a chore, for starters -- but it's quite satisfying to slip around an enemy guard and sink in a shot. I like it a lot and the art is gorgeous.

Teammate switching clicks better when you get to pick more based on team synergy. Every player shouldn’t necessarily be advancing and going for dunks

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Speaking of anime, I started watching Stranger Things. It's an okay show but man it is the most fangless thing I may have ever seen.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Speaking of anime, I started watching Stranger Things. It's an okay show but man it is the most fangless thing I may have ever seen.

Watch Beyond the Black Rainbow instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWF0bBKhe6o

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

tatami galaxy is the best anime cheers

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

What is tatimi galaxy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

a.lo posted:

What is tatimi galaxy

it's about a guy going through his college life and resetting to the beginning every time his college life turns out to suck rear end so he ends up doing it in every single possible timeline and every episode is about one of his possible college lives and how he drove it straight into the pits

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Raxivace posted:

lets keep this derail going and I'll say I also tried to watch it over my winter break and found it fine but yeah i felt no hook to keep going once i fell off the wagon

i should get back to twin peaks but Effort

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Justin_Brett posted:

Berseria is good except when Magilou is talking for too long.

I know this was four pages ago but seriously what the gently caress

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

On Netflix I really liked that Godless series. I think I might start watching Halt and Catch Fire, I know they play Super Mario Bros. at one point

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Stranger Things s1 was pretty good, it shouldn't have had another season.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

On Netflix I really liked that Godless series. I think I might start watching Halt and Catch Fire, I know they play Super Mario Bros. at one point

This post reminded me that a movie exists in which Adam Sandler plays Shadow of the Colossus, lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Olive! posted:

This post reminded me that a movie exists in which Adam Sandler plays Shadow of the Colossus, lol

So you're saying this is the second-best Adam Sandler video game movie, then

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Olive! posted:

Recommend something with zero panty shots, zero high schools, and characters with more than one personality trait
houseki no kuni

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

houseki no kuni
sensei is the principle of gem school, checkmate

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

sensei is the principle of gem school, checkmate
i dont think sensei knows what a school is, has anyone ever learned anything in their entire lives

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
2018 update: Megalovania still kicks rear end

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My current plan is to finish Gravity Rush 1 and do all the stuff that requires online in GR 2 before Jan 18th.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Endorph posted:

i dont think sensei knows what a school is, has anyone ever learned anything in their entire lives
no because sensei knows something and hes not telling

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

My current plan is to finish Gravity Rush 1 and do all the stuff that requires online in GR 2 before Jan 18th.
You can do it Sakurazuka, I believe in you.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

TY, probably should have started earlier but hey ho

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Olive! posted:

Stranger Things s1 was pretty good, it shouldn't have had another season.

The first season was cool and novel but man S2 was like Spinning Wheels: The Digital Series. Big disappointment!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

blue blazes is a cool show that isn't an anime but is about a guy loving up in college while constantly feeling owned by the guy who would make eva

• Locked thread