Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The Colonel posted:

it's about a guy going through his college life and resetting to the beginning every time his college life turns out to suck rear end so he ends up doing it in every single possible timeline and every episode is about one of his possible college lives and how he drove it straight into the pits

got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

On Netflix I really liked that Godless series. I think I might start watching Halt and Catch Fire, I know they play Super Mario Bros. at one point

One episode in the series is supposed to take place before Xenophobia for the 2600 came out but they reference it smh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Anime is good roughly at the same proportion as other TV shows imo

Anime video games are better than actual anime

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

cheetah7071 posted:

Anime is good roughly at the same proportion as other TV shows imo

Anime video games are better than actual anime

I watched some of the Xenosaga Ep. 1 anime after finishing the game and thought, "I probably shouldn't have even bothered to play the game."

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Submit yourself fully to moe, prostate yourself before cute girls doing cute things, make 2018 the year you master k-on houkago live for the Sony psp

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In one song yui's guitar comes to life and they dance together

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

homeless snail posted:

Submit yourself fully to moe, prostate yourself before cute girls doing cute things, make 2018 the year you master k-on houkago live for the Sony psp

no thanks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gitaa....

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

If you want to make 2018 the year you master both saki psp mahjong games that's fine too, as long as you play some kind of moe psp game in 2018

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i stole my brothers psp

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

2018 is the year of the anime posters

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

a.lo posted:

i stole my brothers psp

thats not good you should give it back

my brother stole a copy of animaniacs for the gameboy color from a friend once and we still have it. it still has the black marker on the back saying who it belonged to. i'm pretty sure it might actually be cursed at this point. i still have a gameboy advance sp so i could check

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

If you want to make 2018 the year you master both saki psp mahjong games that's fine too, as long as you play some kind of moe psp game in 2018

If there is a mainline nep game in 2018 I will play it

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

If there is a mainline nep game in 2018 I will play it

Wasn't Sega hard girls a mainline nep game?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Sort of and I should play it

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
My little brother won't complete dungeons in Skyrim alone at night because he's afraid of the zombies that pretend to be dead.

He's 18 years old :regd09:

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

I liked What Remains of Edith Finch, but I really wish they hadn't gone with the ending that was incredibly obvious from the "find out why your family members die suddenly and in strange circumstances" premise and the midgame reveal that you're pregnant.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

My bad, I made an rear end of u and me. My recc still stands, it's a great show without any creepy sex stuff or high schoolers. Word of warning: the person who wrote really hates fingers. There's enough humor to offset the excessive violence, but it's still there.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

precision posted:

One episode in the series is supposed to take place before Xenophobia for the 2600 came out but they reference it smh

This is almost as bad as when Jesse played Rage with a light gun on Breaking Bad

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

cheetah7071 posted:

I know this was four pages ago but seriously what the gently caress

So far the rest of the cast feel like characters, she feels like shoe-horned comic relief most of the time. Reminds me of Olivier from Trails in the Sky, who I also didn't much care for in that trilogy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Magilou is annoying but she's fully aware of how annoying she is and it's great.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Justin_Brett posted:

So far the rest of the cast feel like characters, she feels like shoe-horned comic relief most of the time. Reminds me of Olivier from Trails in the Sky, who I also didn't much care for in that trilogy.

Magilou isn't shoe-horned comic relief at all, she has a role in the party dynamic and the plot and contributes heavily to the game's themes, and the other characters also react to her like what she's doing is weird and out of the ordinary.

Or, basically, Magilou is literally intentionally acting like shoe-horned comic relief and both she and the party talk about this, and why someone would choose to act this way is a huge part of her character arc. She's probably the best-written and most complex character in the game.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
It's 2018 and I'm still playing Darkest Dungeon. They're coming out with some DLC in a couple weeks which should be neat. But in the meantime I've been content with making some of my own:

https://imgur.com/gnoc4jw

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 1, 2018

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtwQPN61hR0&t=26s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgtde0QLVKc&t=16s

Reality Loser posted:

You left out the positive review of Haydee
The Haydee tagline in there is amazing

Mordja posted:

Think I'll give the free campaign of this a shot. As a hideous, amourphous blob myself, something about it really speaks to me.
The "free campaign" is literally just a short tutorial level and one actual level (which can be played coop). No amorphous blob.

So its basically an episodic game where you are paying for the game one episode (set of 4 levels) at the time for $10 a pop.

But they will also sell you new chars to play for insane prices or the most insane grind seen outside of a korean f2p mmo!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

It's 2018 and I'm still playing Darkest Dungeon. They're coming out with some DLC in a couple weeks which should be neat. But in the meantime I've been content with making some of my own:

https://imgur.com/gnoc4jw

I really wish I understood why Darkest Dungeon refuses to work on my computer, which has no problems running much more resource-heavy games, but I've bought and refunded it like three times by this point to no avail.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

u will regret yr chans and kuns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im gonna buy Danganronpa tonight I think. It will probably be the last games I ever play on my vita. RIP the best screen on a handheld Ive ever seen.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
🎶 I'm burrrrning up for youuuuuuu 🎶
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNAmWzaT7Jg

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The actual best anime is Chi's Sweet home

Pictured: me making this post

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
haha my wife binged that Chi show a couple months ago and it is weapons grade adorable

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

Im gonna buy Danganronpa tonight I think. It will probably be the last games I ever play on my vita. RIP the best screen on a handheld Ive ever seen.
my vita stop registering button presses well and i felt a crushing sadness. i love the vita

hopefully i can just get in there and get dust out and it's not a connector issue

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

my vita stop registering button presses well and i felt a crushing sadness. i love the vita

hopefully i can just get in there and get dust out and it's not a connector issue

Mine has about a 30 minute battery life at this point if it aint plugged in which is very annoying

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that is insane to me cause i just pulled mine out of my car after six months if it being on and it was still at like 50% what did you do

publishko
Feb 16, 2014

a.lo posted:

i stole my brothers psp

i did this as well in order to play Persona 4 Golden. so far it was a good move.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

that is insane to me cause i just pulled mine out of my car after six months if it being on and it was still at like 50% what did you do

probably overcharged it or something.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
made your vita too powerful

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Memento mori, vita

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

probably misses its old glasses

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

my friend left his psp at my house and then we weren't friends so I ended up with a psp, and then I swapped it with my cousin for his ds until we'd swap back when we saw each other at christmas, except he sat on the psp and broke it so I got his ds. and that's how I got a ds and 10 games for free. thanks for listening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I really enjoy PUBG conceptually but I wish I could will myself not to be a jumpy little bitch. Every time I get shot at after periods of quiet I end up jumping a foot in the air and dying :(

• Locked thread