Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Hey speaking of which, where is that dude anyway?

e: and of course I snipe the new page. I'm talking about MoMA here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I see that already the 01/01/2018 someone linked star citizen and law. I'd like to remember to all of you that I was the first to totally loving call it. I may or may not make others exclusive big calls on the next two weeks, stay tuned and get a refund.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Dusty Lens posted:

If you think there might be a shark nearby the best thing to do is stop and listen for the sound of a cast iron pan sizzling in the water.

:laffo:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Foo Diddley posted:

Someone in the thread doesn't have a song in their hearts or a spring in their step. So he can't appear.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Dusty Lens posted:

Someone in the thread doesn't have a song in their hearts or a spring in their step. So he can't appear.

Dirty leavers!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Great shark weather in Chicago today.

Baldness
Dec 1, 2017

Beet Wagon posted:

He's from South Africa I think? IDK I don't remember most of the time I spent in TEST.

Well yet more evidence he is an idiot.

Afraid for his family when he has examples like this from his own country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLhWzMOccTg

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
I knew a guy from South Africa once, he was pretty cool

I guess he wasn't exactly nice, though, so maybe I never met a nice South African either

Saw
Aug 19, 2005

I am loosing my patience after seeing your big size boobs and having a wish to suck them for atleast one hour then t

Foo Diddley posted:

e: and of course I snipe the new page. I'm talking about MoMA here

Didn't you hear? He's got a big week ahead helping Ortwin with CIG's response to Crytek.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Dusty Lens posted:

If you think there might be a shark nearby the best thing to do is stop and listen for the sound of a cast iron pan sizzling in the water.

i get this reference

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
I knew a girl from South Africa and she was nice. We had fun times once under the Vulcan statue on top of that hill in Birmingham Alabama.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Thoatse posted:

I knew a girl from South Africa and she was nice. We had fun times once under the Vulcan statue on top of that hill in Birmingham Alabama.

Why is there a Vulcan statue in bama I thought first contact was in the PNW

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Galarox posted:

honourable mention to mjotto who got it but didn't translate (plaudite translates as applause, the traditional exhortation to Roman Audiences at the end of a play) and Ponzi who translated it as "Drama" but, my understanding is that it translates more directly to "play" hence... uncle Derek wins the internet points. lol.

I let Derek win, since he has been losing on all fronts basically the whole of 2017. And I'm hoping for a free LOD key in return. After he's back from Disneyworld of course.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

South Africa has racism down to such a fine art that they not only have the bleks, they have the coloureds, too - so they can hate in differing levels.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Solarin posted:

for christ sake please probate dr smart

You don't understand thread development.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
My new years resolution is to try to understand game development.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Sometimes I wonder what it's like to believe that reddit rules are the same as societal laws.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I do wonder why the dude decided now was the best time to swing in to the defense of Star Citizen. At a time when it's janky as hell and they're selling land and tanks it seems weird to go so hard to attack the detractors when there's no real traction to it, I feel like that spaceship of opportunity spiraled off into space many iterations ago. Now everyone just puts their head down and prays CIG accidentally do something right, but this guy comes out swinging (mostly hitting himself in the face, apparently).

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Don't assume their gender. You CIS pig.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

fyi from what I've been hearing in hushed tones, chris is loving livid with bootcha, beer and this entire thread

although weirdly not upset with derek anymore, so uh

take that for what its worth I guess

In the unlikely event that this reaches you, Chris, please put someone competent in charge to make the game and volunteer yourself for some psychology study so they can get to the bottom of this whole wavy hands nonsense you keep doing.
Oh, and Sandi, you really can't act, so please find a real job. Thanks in advance :)

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
It's me, I'm the one Chris is maddest at

It's because I got a full head of hair and I don't date Skeletor

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of pirates... there's 100% an "offline" version of various star citizen builds available on piratbyran or whatever. Anyone noticed any rage from shitizens about people pirating *MY GAME*?

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Virtual Captain posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3afuzc/genesis_starliner_price_announced_400/

Director of Spaceships:
"Every concept sale involves thousands of hours of design and art development. The Starliner, for instance, has been in development for eight months. The culmination of that is some very pretty pictures… but the process to get there is significant.

Launching it next week means we’ve worked out a complete system for passenger transportation in the persistent universe and we’ve tested and checked hundreds of different things… BEFORE the art revision process. For instance: can we have forty NPCs on a ship at once? How do you interact with them? Is there enough gameplay to make flying a ship like this fun? Is there enough variety to make missions involving it interesting? How do you abandon ship with so many people? How long is a trip in space? Do you need individual rooms, or seats like an airliner? Settling on rooms, how are they set up? What do you need to keep NPCs alive for that long built into the ship? What can a player who uses one access at any time? What kind of resources will it need when it goes into production? Where does it store cargo? What kind of cargo is it limited to? How does it land? What does a spaceport look like, and can we build one for it? What does the crew look like? Who in our corporation matrix would operate these? How customizable do the interiors need to be? The exteriors? What damage states will we have to build? How does it compare to similar role ships? And so on and so on… and that’s before we get to the marketing part: is it reasonable to sell this ship? Will players want to use it, or should it be part of the background lore? What’s the best way to explain such an odd ship to people? What will the variants be? Etc.

That’s all before we get to the ‘$400 picture’ you’re complaining about. And then those pictures don’t exist without an incredibly high poly concept model, usually created by a noted concept artist. (For folks who wonder why we can have concept sales regularly but not patches, this is because the concept artists we use are contracted to deliver on a deadline unaffected by issues with the game build. They’re building a spaceship that isn’t in engine yet.) Once that concept model exists (which I’m making sound too easy – art goes back and forth back and forth to get the right look), it gets sent off to someone like Chris Olivia to pose cool pictures… and it’s handed back to the design team to prototype all the things we discussed in part one. Do the seats fit where they should? Is it clear how you get in and out, how it loads cargo, etc., etc. By the time a concept ship shows up for sale at the website, it’s been worked on by a dozen members of the team and multiple contractors. It’s a long, difficult process for everyone involved, and they’re pretty darn proud of the pictures you see… because they mean a lot for the game. :)"

This is a ways back but whatever; thread moves too fast:

quote:

In PU scale 40 is enough. You cant compare the capacity of a real world airliner that serves billions around the globe to a star ship in a fictional universe with maybe 2 million people. Way less than that since not everyone will be playing at all times. Not to mention lag will suck in a ship with hundreds of players. Of course some can be NPCs but still...

They think there will be 2 million people in the game :laffo:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/d0K5Klr.gifv

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I do wonder why the dude decided now was the best time to swing in to the defense of Star Citizen. At a time when it's janky as hell and they're selling land and tanks it seems weird to go so hard to attack the detractors when there's no real traction to it, I feel like that spaceship of opportunity spiraled off into space many iterations ago. Now everyone just puts their head down and prays CIG accidentally do something right, but this guy comes out swinging (mostly hitting himself in the face, apparently).

You're mad and you need to be mad at someone but it can't be CIG and it can't be yourself. So you attack the easiest, most obvious target. Bad luck, that target is a litigious Internet warlord. Now he has to explain to his kids why Christmas is canceled this year because he has to pay the Derek taxxe.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I hope that spotlight kitty managed to get back up okay. :ohdear:

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016
After must serious investigation via the google investigative interface, I have discovered the true Identity of Montoya.

Following an in depth threat analysis, Legal (woofe) concluded a regulation doxx was the only responsible option, and so using the community standard doxx procedure I bring you-

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1797453/

Resemblance Index: Uncanny

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

hot balls man no homo posted:

You're mad and you need to be mad at someone but it can't be CIG and it can't be yourself. So you attack the easiest, most obvious target. Bad luck, that target is a litigious Internet warlord. Now he has to explain to his kids why Christmas is canceled this year because he has to pay the Derek taxxe.

But even before that he's uploaded a video ridiculing critics and claiming all stretch goals are in which is very untrue. This is the latest in a sequence of extremely janky, broken releases by CIG so it's like, where was he earlier when this defense could have had legs to vibrate into the floor on? Why is now the best time to swing into action? I'm assuming it's because he's the big idiot in the big idiot house (pardon for doxxing him) but I would love to know his thought processes but wouldn't actually like to see what goes on in his head.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Happy new year Star Citizen thread!

Travelling with intermittent internet, there is no way I can catch up, did I miss anything in the last few days?

Is Bootcha's documentary being well received?

Hope everyone is well and in good spirits

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

SomethingJones posted:

Travelling with intermittent internet, there is no way I can catch up, did I miss anything in the last few days?

Derek sez he's gonna sue a guy

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Anticheese posted:

I hope that spotlight kitty managed to get back up okay. :ohdear:

x 2 :ohdear:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

SomethingJones posted:

Hello friend.

Nothing of consequence. Another epic chapter in the bootcha saga was released and has done well in setting the stage for an upcoming meat and potatoes release. We're waiting on the Crytek thing to move forward and everything else is the same basic noise circus. Some good art has been released that is worth your time.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Experimental Skin posted:

After must serious investigation via the google investigative interface, I have discovered the true Identity of Montoya.

Following an in depth threat analysis, Legal (woofe) concluded a regulation doxx was the only responsible option, and so using the community standard doxx procedure I bring you-

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1797453/

Resemblance Index: Uncanny

I knew it wasn't a coincidence that we've never seen them in the same room at the same time.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Speaking of which, Bootcha, will you be discussing Star Citizen at some point in the series?

You know, the horse?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tippis posted:

Speaking of which, Bootcha, will you be discussing Star Citizen at some point in the series?

You know, the horse?

:master:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

He naturally got called out for it.

https://twitter.com/montoya_test/status/947980002385125376

And yet...he somehow is pouring his money into Star Citizen?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Food $400
Rent $900
Pledges $3600
Commutes $350

Please help me budget this my family is being sued

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Tippis posted:

You know, the horse?
The horse tipping Twitter just randomly tweeting about that to Derek was just so randomly bizarre, yet so typical of everything that's happened with Star Citizen.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Dusty Lens posted:

Hello friend.

Nothing of consequence. Another epic chapter in the bootcha saga was released and has done well in setting the stage for an upcoming meat and potatoes release. We're waiting on the Crytek thing to move forward and everything else is the same basic noise circus. Some good art has been released that is worth your time.

Thanks for the update!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Truga posted:

Food $400
Rent $900
Pledges $3600
Commutes $350

Please help me budget this my family is being sued

Truga posted:

i get this reference