Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Uh ooohhhh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I'm shocked, shocked :geno:

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

well he does claim 89 sexual partners!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgmoMO66uPg&t=6455s

Vakal
May 11, 2008

DoubleCakes posted:

He looks as crazed as I'd expect-- wonderful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51B-sXtV_6g

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Max Landis' career is dying before my eyes? It's a christmas miracle!

God bless us, every WHM!

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Landis did an interview on his dating life a few years ago. The interview got taken down but there are some quotes here that aren't terribly flattering.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Last year's black list included a script dedicated to how terrible he was, it's always been amazing to me how many people were willing to white knight for someone that everyone knew was terrible just because he had co-writing credits on one good movie half a decade ago.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
well max landis looks exactly like a skinny nick robinson so :shrug:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

2017 is the year of the Failson so Bright and sex assault accusations dropping in the home stretch is only fitting

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
This is one of those times where I really wish people had lead with that instead of catty twitter nonsense because I thought he was one of those guys the internet just had a completely random hateboner for until someone said "well actually he's been accused of sexual assault" to me when I asked why people hated him

I swear that happens so often nowadays and in the future, when someone is a terrible person, I just want them to focus on WHY they're a terrible person instead of pretending to be a minor character in a direct to video Mean Girls sequel

I realize this is a hopeless wish, but I'm gonna wish it anyway

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
He's also obnoxiously unconscious of how big of a silver spoon he was born with in his mouth thanks to his child-murdering dad so even before the accusations went public he still wasn't worth poo poo

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Admiral Bosch posted:

well max landis looks exactly like a skinny nick robinson so :shrug:

Nick Robinson acted inappropriately but drunkenly flirting with fans over twitter DMs doesn't seem to be quite the same league as being a rapist.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Vosgian Beast posted:

This is one of those times where I really wish people had lead with that instead of catty twitter nonsense because I thought he was one of those guys the internet just had a completely random hateboner for until someone said "well actually he's been accused of sexual assault" to me when I asked why people hated him

I swear that happens so often nowadays and in the future, when someone is a terrible person, I just want them to focus on WHY they're a terrible person instead of pretending to be a minor character in a direct to video Mean Girls sequel

I realize this is a hopeless wish, but I'm gonna wish it anyway

He's always, always seemed like a colossal douchebag to me. I've literally never liked him. Now I know he's a rapey douchebag. That helps explain the vibes I always got.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Oh goddamn it now I have to watch it. :argh:

Also next listener request month I'm pitching Santa With Muscles starring Hulk Hogan if they haven't covered it already. Watched it with a few friends the other night as a sort of gag and it actually had us laughing at how hosed up the movie is, including maybe the best use of slow motion in a film I've ever seen. Just 90 minutes so it's in and out and doesn't waste time.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Bright might be the single most tone-deaf movie I've seen in ages. It's so bad you guys.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Fart City posted:

Bright might be the single most tone-deaf movie I've seen in ages. It's so bad you guys.
It's an incredible script and we should be glad some maniac thought it was not just acceptable but worth throwing $90M into.

e: Downsizing is an abomination and I hope it makes it into Worst Of 2017 regardless of review scores.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 25, 2017

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Bright's real loving bad. I'm pumped for the WHM episode

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

would pitching The Pest starring John Leguizamo for Listener Request Month in the future land me into Hague?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Iirc Landis said that Will Smith improvised that line. Which I actually believe, because Smith probably doesn't care about this movie and would tell Landis to go gently caress himself if he asked to reshoot a scene.

fatherboxx posted:

would pitching The Pest starring John Leguizamo for Listener Request Month in the future land me into Hague?

I've been asking for it for years, so go for it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grapplejack posted:

Iirc Landis said that Will Smith improvised that line. Which I actually believe, because Smith probably doesn't care about this movie and would tell Landis to go gently caress himself if he asked to reshoot a scene.

I've been asking for it for years, so go for it.

Can't blame it on the actor. Even if he did ad lib it, they edited it into the movie.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Everyone knows a Ted, my brother is a Ted.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Forever I'll wonder what happened to the animation damnation animation contest with the He Ra She-man Christmas Special

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Forever I'll wonder what happened to the animation damnation animation contest with the He Ra She-man Christmas Special

I think they realized asking for free animation for exposure was lovely and didn't mention it again.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Gorefiend posted:

I think they realized asking for free animation for exposure was lovely and didn't mention it again.

I think they mentioned they got one submission once later and never addressed it again.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

According to Andrew's Twitter he's unhappily watching Sully at 11:00 am on New Year's Day which seems like an extremely Andrew thing.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

And the patreon feed now has a download available of all the old episodes and specials.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Tender Bender posted:

According to Andrew's Twitter he's unhappily watching Sully at 11:00 am on New Year's Day which seems like an extremely Andrew thing.

Same tweet thread,

https://twitter.com/dprzygoda/status/947866969285341184

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I still cannot believe that the actual men who stopped the attack are playing themselves in the movie. Like I'm not sure what I should feel about that, but I know it definitely feels a bit icky.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
I still really want the crew to do an episode on 1986s Tough Guys. I think they could really connect to it, it's so eighties.

For your consideration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJIB2i42t30

CountFosco fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 2, 2018

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Fart City posted:

I still cannot believe that the actual men who stopped the attack are playing themselves in the movie. Like I'm not sure what I should feel about that, but I know it definitely feels a bit icky.

If Audie Murphy could do it why not some rando eurotripping bros.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Fart City posted:

The early Unsolved Mysteries would say they sometimes got the actual people involved in the events to recreate the scenarios. I always thought it was weird to ask someone to redo what was probably the worst moment of their lives.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Suck it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I have a feeling that my minor enjoyment of Bright was caused by day drinking, and I cannot recall anything about it, but I remember watching it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

I have a feeling that my minor enjoyment of Bright was caused by day drinking, and I cannot recall anything about it, but I remember watching it.

There was a magic wand that we're constantly told can literally rewrite reality, but the only way anyone uses it is to shoot projectiles at people.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

There was a magic wand that we're constantly told can literally rewrite reality, but the only way anyone uses it is to shoot projectiles at people.

i was expecting some time travel poo poo revealing that the Orc that Nick let get away was actually Nick from the future~!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PostNouveau posted:

Now, I remember it making people explode by touching it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SleepCousinDeath posted:

i was expecting some time travel poo poo revealing that the Orc that Nick let get away was actually Nick from the future~!

You don't even need to time travel, you can just will whatever changes to reality you hope to accomplish in the past into existence in the present.

They really didn't embrace the insanity. Instead, the writers were like "I dunno, then they have a gunfight or something."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This David Lynch impression saying "I made episode 8 & even I can't loving stomach Boss Baby!" is killing me

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

Looks like the episode list on the website now just posts to patreon for anything in the back catalogue. I didn't expect them to put it all patreon exclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

PostNouveau posted:

Ah yes, the John Stewart method of Green Lantern'ing.