Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
oh man the crowd's reaction to johnny winning and JOHNNY's reaction to johnny winning :allears:

i actually think dream's "injury" is a part of gargano's story right now, rather than a real injury or covering for a suspension. mauro made sure to talk about how johnny wasn't supposed to even be in contention, much less beat ohno, how he's needed to change it up, get back to winning ways, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

shiksa posted:

oh man the crowd's reaction to johnny winning and JOHNNY's reaction to johnny winning :allears:

i actually think dream's "injury" is a part of gargano's story right now, rather than a real injury or covering for a suspension. mauro made sure to talk about how johnny wasn't supposed to even be in contention, much less beat ohno, how he's needed to change it up, get back to winning ways, etc.

Eh, if that was the idea, you'd shoot an angle where TUE takes out Dream and Cole tries to get Fish or KOR into the tournament so he has a buddy in the 4 way, only for Regal to put Gargano in instead. (And yes, they can retroactively claim this is what happened, but if Dream was healthy and not in trouble, you'd literally shoot the beatdown)

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I miss Dream :(

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

Benne posted:

I miss Dream :(

I do too. We need him back on shows.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Just finished NXT. Nigel calling the jobber "JBL" and "NWO Bradshaw" had me dying. Great main too, although I'm a bit tired of UE. HUGE pop for the Gargano win was real nice.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Dream is supposedly gonna be on the Jan 4 taping I'll be at, which im excited for cuz I wanna see him live!!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JDZD644SdA

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Dream is off, enjoying infamy.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I've seen a number of cirque du soleil shows and there's always at least a few guys/gals that make me think "they'd make a great pro-wrestler!"

Not the singers or guys who climb stacked chairs or whatever, but the dudes that are ripped as gently caress and insanely acrobatic. Also some of their shows have clowns and those guys really 'get' physical comedy and would make amazing jobbers, but that's probably not much of an upward career move.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Montez Ford is so far above Dawkins it's kind of ridiculous. If anything, they should drop Dawkins and Tucker Knight, then team Ford up with Otis Dozovic.

HEAVY PROFITS

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
It really bugs be that Dawkins is still trying to get that stirring gesture over. Don’t drag Montez down with your nonsense, Angelo.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The only thing dragging Montez down is his NWA Champion tier gyno.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

The only thing dragging Montez down is his WWE Champion tier gyno.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Angelo Dawkins has been in like 50 tag teams and he managed to be the Jannetty of every single one

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Benne posted:

Angelo Dawkins has been in like 50 tag teams and he managed to be the Jannetty of every single one

I feel like this is unfair to Jannetty somehow.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I was thinking that if Velveteen Dream doesn't come back it will look like his sole purpose in coming to NXT was to make Alisteir Black say his name. I'm OK with that story.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/947487421737738240

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Playing real fast and loose with "winner" and "star" there

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

flashy_mcflash posted:

Playing real fast and loose with "winner" and "star" there

Well factually Sara did win tough enough, so that is correct. As for the star part, yeah no one cares about Westley Blake. Reminder: Blake is on the NXT house show circuit right now with a gimmick of The Revival, except more racist. And nowhere near as fun to watch in the ring.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

The true Tough Enough winner was Mandy Rose and only the Miz was smart enough to see it

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Mob posted:

The true Tough Enough winner was Mandy Rose and only the Miz was smart enough to see it

Considering how bad Mandy is on the main roster right now, that seems sort of questionable.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I literally have about $150 in Fite TV referral credit (and no clue what to get having already order that Moat based MMA in Jan) and I was wondering how were the ROH PPVs this year? Was the last one any good?

I already have Global Wars Chicago which I still need to watch.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So I literally have about $150 in Fite TV referral credit (and no clue what to get having already order that Moat based MMA in Jan) and I was wondering how were the ROH PPVs this year? Was the last one any good?

I already have Global Wars Chicago which I still need to watch.

Yeah roh war games was pretty good and roh Chicago has a great ladder match

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Yeah roh war games was pretty good and roh Chicago has a great ladder match

Sorry only saw the ROH tag when I posted.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Considering how bad Mandy is on the main roster right now, that seems sort of questionable.

Considering who the rest of the women were, its really not.

I mean, Chelsea Green was the best one but Mandy was a very obvious second.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

dromal phrenia posted:

I've seen a number of cirque du soleil shows and there's always at least a few guys/gals that make me think "they'd make a great pro-wrestler!"

Not the singers or guys who climb stacked chairs or whatever, but the dudes that are ripped as gently caress and insanely acrobatic. Also some of their shows have clowns and those guys really 'get' physical comedy and would make amazing jobbers, but that's probably not much of an upward career move.

I think Mason Ryan works for Cirque du Soleil as an archer now, or at least did for some period after his release

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The only positives to come out of that season of Tough Enough are Patrick Clark and the reaction .gif of DB, Miz, and Paige after Mandy called Sara a ring rat.

Which, in hindsight, is simultaneously funnier and less of a joke.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I really have a soft spot for Blake and Sara because in every picture of theirs Blake's face looks like he's playing with house money and he knows it

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Remember when Marty "The Moth/Shaman" Martinez was the best part of a Tough Enough season though? They're not exactly breeding the future here

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/947700299740995584

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a heads up, there will be more NXT tapings starting on the 4th of January. That will be the only set for the month, then at the start February there will be two sets of tapings back to back (Feb. 1 and Feb. 2), which will fill up any time leading up to Takeover: New Orleans. So for anyone who reads spoiler reports, we'll probably have an idea of the New Orleans Takeover card early next month.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

That might be the most ominous tweet I've ever seen.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

tnimark posted:

It really bugs be that Dawkins is still trying to get that stirring gesture over. Don’t drag Montez down with your nonsense, Angelo.

You mean James Harden’s? And something that Harden himself took from the world of hip-hop?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I dunno man I only watch wrestling.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

he's gonna get cursed if he's not careful

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/REALBobbyRoode/status/947973777249521664

Run, Johnny!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
NXT tonight is a best-of, I guess! Which is good for me because I only have two episodes to catch up on before going to tomorrow's taping live :)

I'm slightly worried we might end up having an obstructed view because of where I think they're going to put the hard cam, but hopefully it's not gonna be a big deal. If they put the hard cam in the audience (and not on the stage) like they did for the San Antonio tapings, it'll also probably result in a very empty-seeming venue on TV. Otoh the alternative with the hard cam on the stage is that the wrestlers playing to the hard cam would have to face, y'know, nobody but the audience at home, so it does seem like the better option

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
They announced TM-61 will do something in two weeks. Should anyone care though? I doubt it, since I'm still not sure what their gimmick is.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Yay

https://twitter.com/ShaneThorneWWE/status/948734513428992000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That whole ejection sequence is great. KOR and Fish sold the hell out of it, then McIntyre did the Suck It. :lol:

• Locked thread