Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Newspaper comics! That's what this thread is about! Some of them are good, some of them are bad, most of them are mind-numbingly mediocre. We don't care, we read them all. There's a separate thread for Newspaper Spider-Man, but that doesn't mean it can't be posted here too. New comics, old comics, American comics, Finnish comics, Korean comics, all the comics. As long as it appears in a newspaper or it's by someone whose other comics appears in a newspaper or it can be found on Comics Kingdom or GoComics, this is the thread for it. They certainly don't have to be good.

:justpost:
  1. For Better or for Worse, here we go again
  2. For Better or For Worse II, The Sun May Get in 56kers' Eyes
  3. For Better or For Worse III: Who need this?!?
  4. For Better or For Worse Megathread
  5. The Comic Strip Megathread: Luann's Funky For Better Minimum Security
  6. The Comic Strip Megathread V - Just Another Uneventful Lesbian Road Trip
  7. The Comic Strip Megathread V, Part 3 - Dick and Jane Go to the Goddamn Bank
  8. Comic Strip Megathread V, Part 4: Thalidomide Theater: Day of the Jackelrod
  9. Comic Strip Megathread Part Ten: Infections and Gams... FOR ME! BARB ELS!
  10. Comic Strip Megathread Part 11: drat that's a fine elephant.
  11. Comic Strip Megathread Part XII: Reply All is the best comic in this thread
  12. Comic Strip Megathread XIII: Still can't get over it!
  13. Comic Strip Megathread XIV: Happy After Death 2013!
  14. Comic Strip Megathread XV: So smile, Margo, and move on.
  15. Comic Strip Megathread XVI: Winking Throwbacks to Retro Sexism
  16. Comic Strip Megathread XVII: I have a special recipe (cackle-cackle)
Of course, the big news this year is the ongoing saga of love and heartbreak that is Mary Worth.

But that's not all! Transmodiar's posting a new Modesty Blaise story and Professor Wayne's just started reposting Ham Shears and The Creeps.

Plus there's all the usual thread favourites: Sally Forth, Luann, Ballard Street, Intelligent Life. It's an embarrassment of riches (and embarrassment). Also, people still sometimes post edits.

(Nancy edit by Forktoss)

Sources
King Features Syndicate's Comic's Kingdom
Universal Uclick's GoComics
The Houston Chronicle
The Seattle Post-Intelligencer
Darkgate Comic Slurper

Tools
Paint .NET (Windows)
Seashore (OSX)
Pixelr (web)
GIMP

Fonts
Blambot comic fonts
FBofW by KentuckyFriedBonBon
Jane's World by Haikeeba!
Luannfont by Haikeeba!
Minimum Security by Haikeeba!
Pearls by Haikeeba!
Gamgasm by Haikeeba!

Alternative downloads courtesy of Ghostlight.

And if GoComics is still giving you any trouble, this guide by Elysiume might help.

Tiggum fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jul 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Breaking Cat News for early thread MVP 2018

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

kidcoelacanth posted:

Breaking Cat News for early thread MVP 2018

Yeah, best new comic posted recently for sure. Phoebe and Wallace are also tops for newer strips.

Glad to see some Ham Shears and Creeps back, and always a fan of Ballard Street.

I'll be most excited for more new Fingerpori or M

Elysiume posted:

Someone please explain her hair situation to me. It's like a fountain of hair spurting from the center of her head.

The art in Tinkersons is insultingly bad

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Thanks for the new thread, Tiggum!

Kennel posted:

Mandrake

"He's back there, just believe us, readers. Now, on to a new adventure!"

Comics with brief descriptions:

F Minus is a gag a day comic. I like both the humor and the style.

Mark Trail is an old nature-themed serial strip. The current writer/artist is James Allen, and he's trying to make the strip something new, but it seems he frequently loses what story he's trying to tell.

Mary Worth is a serial drama strip about a retired widow living in a condo in Santa Royale, Calif., who meddles in the lives of her neighbors, friends, family, and anyone that crosses her path, really. As mentioned above, right now Wilbur is having his heart broken, and this thread is in general agreement that he deserves everything he's getting.

Oh Lord, Mary has to break out the muffins on this one.

The Phantom is a serial adventure strip about the Phantom. The Phantom is a superhero identity that is passed down through a family generation by generation so that he appears to live forever and can live up to the legend as "The Ghost Who Walks!"

Pooch Cafe is a comedy comic strip about a dog named Poncho and his owner. Sometimes it's a ongoing storyline that lasts a week or so, other times it's just a joke that lasts a day. I usually enjoy it.

Rex Morgan MD is a serial soap strip about a doctor and his family. They are currently trying to adopt a child left to them by a childhood friend of June Morgan, but recently they discovered the paternal grandparents are fighting them on that.

Apartment 3-G is serial soap strip about 3 young women living in an apartment together and going through life. It was cancelled a couple years back so I'm posting classic strips, currently we are in 1972.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Happy new year, new thread. I wish I had something to start posting this year but comic strips don't really intersect me much outside of a few webcomics I still read (and I don't think anyone here wants me to start posting 17 years of 365/366 Schlock Mercenary comics a year.)

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth is a serial drama strip about a retired widow living in a condo in Santa Royale, Calif., who meddles in the lives of her neighbors, friends, family, and anyone that crosses her path, really. As mentioned above, right now Wilbur is having his heart broken, and this thread is in general agreement that he deserves everything he's getting.

Oh Lord, Mary has to break out the muffins on this one.

:bisonyes:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hello 2018. I am still serving as temporary custodian of 'Nekonaughey', which I believe vaguely translates into No Coffee Cat. It is drawn by Q Rais who does a number of fun animal characters, but the others have a significant amount of dialogue while this one usually only needs the title translated.

Nekonaughey is the world's most everyman bravely making his way through the tragedies of forgetting ingredients, social inconveniences, and getting squid ink all over his dumb fat face while eating noodles. He does not say anything - he just makes cat noises - so I do not translate those. Occasionally the strip will reference something very specifically Japanese, in which case I will try and provide notes from my googling to find out what it is so that you don't have to.

[First shrine visit of the year]

Q-Rais posted:

My rule when praying at a shrine is to pray that "Because just a little is good, I will ask for a little of your help, and I will do my best with all my power ... just a little ... ".

I will never go round-throwing prayers like "I can do it".

First dream of the year

For anyone wondering about the symbolism of the eggplant

Q Rais posted:

I might see it as a manager of a mini supermarket who mistook orders and purchased a large amount of eggplant.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hey whatup new thread. Time for descriptions!

The Dinette Set is about the suburbianest, whitest suburban white trash. Julie Larson has a lot of hate for these types of people, back back when it was first posted around here people thought it was a "laugh with" instead of "laugh at". The strip ended a while ago and is current in reruns.

Working Daze is a contender for Worst in Thread due to being a comic that's supposed to be about workplace comedy and nerd stuff. What it actually is about a bunch of one-note-personality characters who are either assholes or insufferable nerds being terrible to each other. Despite its Big Bang Theory level of "jokes" it somehow has managed to keep going for years and not be cancelled. Oh yeah, there's also a lot of weird fetish-y stuff in there where people get turned into inanimate objects. It's the worst of the three comics I post and therefore the only one that's not in repeats.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix was originally a parody of newspaper comics by Ruben Bolling, award-winning creator of Tom the Dancing Bug. Originally done as a single page with multiple strips, Super-Fun-Pak Comix is now posted as a single daily strip by person or persons unknown. Running gags include a Quantum Weather Butterfly, Phil Collins, the Ghost of James Caan (who's not dead), and the world's stupidest time traveller.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Happy 2018, gang!

(a Borden classic)

Just in time for middle-of-the-night Tuesday, here's all the stuff from Monday!

2017 was an interesting year for Sally Forth (Francesco Marciuliano and Jim Keefe). Right in the middle of the annual battle with the leaves, Ted got the most dreaded call anyone could get about their dad, and suddenly (like it happens in the real world) he was plunged into saying his goodbyes, burying a parent, and trying to feel his way back to a place where he can live his life.

It was emotional, it was funny, it was relatable, and it was the reason I stuck the strip at the top of my posting lineup, because there was no way in hell I was leaving it next to goddamn Les Moore and his cutesy-cute ghost wife adventures.

I always trip over myself trying to find quotes that help sell Percy Crosby's Skippy as a big deal of comic strips (which it is, cos Crosby was just that good), but honestly? In recent weeks Skippy's been missing, presumed dunked by a mini-Al Capone, and something's gotta give. (November 4, 1930)

Peanuts is the story of a group of adorably neurotic kids and an insurance salesman who moonlights as a World War I flying ace. (January 4, 1971)

The syndicate's current description for Funky Winkerbean (Tom Batiuk): "Funky Winkerbean is a reality-based comic strip that depicts contemporary issues in a thought-provoking and sensitive manner." It's also about trying not to wince when everything grinds to a halt for weeks about how awesome Lisa Moore was when she was alive. Or trying not to think about why we're seeing ghost wife more often than Les Moore's very-much-alive second wife or their two kids. Or how the years have winnowed down the most recurring members of the active cast to the handful of characters that piss me off most frequently.

It's about a lot of things, really. Add your own to the list. It's fun and cathartic!

Crankshaft (Tom Batiuk and Dan Davis) is the story a malaprop-spouting school bus driver and the family and friends who still claim to tolerate him.

Rip Haywire (Dan Thompson) is about a man of action who, at the present moment, is not in action at all. While he's trying on the stay-at-home dad role for size, we're on a fun adventure with former mercenary Cobra Carson.

Out Our Way (J.R. Williams): Cowboys. Machine shop workers. Turn-of-the-last-century small town nostalgia. Sibling rivalry. High-strung mothers. BOYZENDORGS. (February 2-3, 1931)

And finally, Thimble Theater (Elzie Segar), presenting two-fisted OG Popeye adventures. Now that his jaw's fully inflated, another candidate for best in thread. (July 24, 1931)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jan 2, 2018

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Yes sir Mr. Popeye I'll consume weed every day.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I'll post my usual comics in the morning. In the meantime, have a selection of (mostly Newspaper Spiderman) edits that have been wasting space on my hard drive for unknown amounts of time:

(Borden)

(Sir Lemming)
(Borden)

(czarchasm)

(duke jeffries)

And this horrifying 9CL thing I've long since lost the source of:

e: Almost forgot a good one from more recent NSM:
(Johnny Walker)

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jan 2, 2018

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 2-3, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 3, 1996)

Garfield Classic (June 2-3, 1986)

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bloom County

Bloom County didn't get mentioned in the OP. :negative:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Haifisch posted:

And this horrifying 9CL thing I've long since lost the source of:

Someone like two or three threads ago was doing a bunch of these and they were good

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life is parts Ctrl Alt Delete, parts Big Bang Theory, parts Garfield, and parts Family Guy. Shallow nerd humor that tries to validate itself by going "jocks are obsessed about their interests too!" and then turning around and making fun of our heroic jock.

Take It From the Tinkersons is what some paper(s) replaced Cul de Sac with. Rest in peace, Richard Thompson.

Dark Side of the Horse is a Finnish comic about clever wordplay and clever sight gags. It sometimes manages to deliver on that premise.

Viivi & Wagner is a Finnish slice of life comic about a woman and a pig in a domestic partnership.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
beautiful watercolor webcomic turned into beautiful watercolor actual comic.

Breaking cat news:

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
Another blast from the past courtesy of a previous thread -- the Mark Trail rap. Anyone remember who made this?

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Jikes posted:

Another blast from the past courtesy of a previous thread -- the Mark Trail rap. Anyone remember who made this?

I believe it was that long forgotten master, R Ubbish

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Old cowboy knows what's going on.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Ballard Street is... Ballard Street. Written and drawn by Jerry Van Amerongen, it is a gag-a-day strip that features the brave and highly idiosyncratic thoughts and doings of its residents (human, feline, canine, and the occasional moose). It isn't always sunny on Ballard Street, but it is never boring there. (And if I ever find it, I am moving in immediately.)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange is a gag-a-day strip that tends toward overexplained dad jokes. In 2017, Rina Piccolo (formerly of Tina's Groove) joined original creator Hilary Price, but the strip hasn't really changed that much.

Pros and Cons is a strip about a couple of lawyers (one prosecutor, one defense), a cop, and a psychologist. It's generally liked by the thread, although it does have annoying moments of "Gosh, people are just soo quick to take offense nowadays" humor.

I also post Buni (Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays) and Edge of Adventure (Mondays only).

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns is a strip about a married couple who hate each other and won't divorce for whatever reason. It's been running for 50 years and can actually be pretty funny from time to time.

Brewster Rockit Space Guy is a gag comic taking place on a space station called the R.U. Sirius. It loves its puns and dad jokes.

On The Fastrack is the first in the Holbrook Trilogy. It's technically about working as IT in an office but it just as often takes place in some magical computer world that makes no sense where everyone has an avatar and Auto Correct is an actual character. The lead character Dethany is based on Holbrook's daughter as well, giving it a weird creepy vibe sometimes too. Most people hate this strip and I don't blame them but it needs to be posted.

Safe Havens is the second in the Holbrook Trilogy. Right now, the characters are getting ready to go to Mars. There are scientists who can turn people into animals and animals into humans. Stage magicians are involved. It was originally about a daycare center but those days are long long gone.

Kevin & Kell is the final of the Holbrook Trilogy. According to its website, it is the longest running daily webcomic but it is also published in at least one newspaper, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. It's generally about a furry world where predators and prey have to live together in society and it's got a bunch of convoluted explanations for making it all work. The title pair are a predator and prey married couple. Currently, the focus has been about Nazi analogs and this hybrid of bat and hedgehog.

Mother Goose & Grimm is a gag-a-day strip about Mother Goose and her pet dog. Has its moments.

Hagar The Horrible hasn't been funny in years but I keep reading it for some reason.

There Old New Yorker Cartoons are coming from a book published in 1942 but the strips are all from a year or two before the US enters World War 2. Often goes over my head but they are fairly clever. The blatant sexism and racism of the era does pop up occasionally though, so be warned.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do we need a rundown for my usual strips? Most of them are well known I'd think. :v:

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Manuel Calavera posted:

Do we need a rundown for my usual strips? Most of them are well known I'd think. :v:
Let me do the honors.

Family Circus is a long-running oh-those-kids strip that some might call aggressively bland but as we'll soon discover sometimes that's not so bad.

Rose is Rose is an unbearably saccharine strip starring the world's most unexciting couple and the child version of Arseface from Preacher.

One Big Happy is all about how much better wholesome little Ruthie is than all those other spoiled kids and is basically the comic strip version of your grandparents' Facebook shares.

Foob is all about how much worse the author's kids are than all those other kids who are themselves awful.

Compu-Toon is a cartoon about computers written and drawn by the person in the world who knows the absolute least about computers.

Bizarro is a daily cartoon that's sometimes amusing but more often misses the mark.

Dilbert is all about :biotruths:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Hello new thread!

My comic is Luann and it sucks! It is a humorous (allegedly) soap strip that deals with the life and times of wholesome girl next door Luann and all her little raggedy friends and foes. It is written by Greg Evans. As of 2012 his daughter Karen (on whom Luann was based) began co-writing.

In classic Luann fashion, we are behind the times, still stuck on Christmas even though it is New Years. 19-Year-Old Luann's horrible gift to her father was to clean her own bedroom and her horrible gift to her brother (who just wanted to take her to a movie on Christmas) is to make him clean her room. Thus she gets away with doing nothing and giving nobody anything they want. We are supposed to like her. This is my favorite hate-read.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I don't think I've ever seen this one. This is hilarious. Also thanks for posting that one I did.

Screw it. Here are a few of my favorite edits I did last year. It seems I mostly like to edit MW and NSM.

Technically from December '16

I think that's enough from me for now. I'll post my usual comics later.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Anybody have that Sunday Mark Trail edit? The one about spiders, our ally in Man's eternal war with the insects?

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon is a space opera strip that started back in 1934. It's inspired minor little things like "the Star Wars franchise" and "Superman's design". I'm posting the Jim Keefe(yes, the same Jim Keefe who does the art for Sally Forth) run, which went from 1996-2003. We're currently at June 2002, conveniently at the start of a new arc. Flash and his team have just been sent out to a city that's lost contact with the Kingdom of Arboria, and now they're fighting some sort of four-armed yeti.

The Amazing Spiderman(generally referred to as "Newspaper Spiderman") is the tale of a very dumb man who's constantly getting into trouble with bricks, new allies attacking him, and his spider sense never working. He's currently on a boat with Bruce Banner and MJ trying to save his equally dumb mentor, Curt Connors(whose main claim to fame is losing an arm, then turning himself into a The Lizard trying to regrow the arm), after some poo poo went down in the everglades. There's a cool and good thread dedicated to it here, but it's obviously less active than this thread.

2004 Spiderman is newspaper Spiderman, only in 2004. Some great goon uploaded an archive of strips all the way back to 1999(available in the OP of the dedicated NSM thread), so I figured I'd post them a week at a time here. The current arc is just starting, and involves Kraven the Hunter.

Dumb poo poo I highly recommend reading the pre-2004 archives for includes: Spiderman killing a werewolf by projecting the sun in a planetarium, a prisoner getting electric barbell powers by having lightning strike a barbell, Spiderman defeating Kingpin by blocking the airvents & nearly suffocating him(but Spidey himself was fine because of a small reserve of air in his mask), Spidey being completely convinced a movie filming was him being attacked by vampires, Magneto siphoning off Peter's spider powers using a centrifuge, the Punisher almost killing The Owl before realizing villains have families too, and probably a dozen other incredible but dumb things I'm forgetting.

I loving love Newspaper Spiderman.

Spirit of the Staircase is a whimsical strip with great art, revolving around a balding middle aged guy, a fuzzy something-or-other named Mumford, a vampire, and a crow. It also only gets posted once every other week. Here's the latest strip:

Magnificatz is a strip I've only started posting relatively recently. It's about a logical normal-looking cat named Nina and an artsy cat orb named Sam. Goon reaction so far has been positive-ish. I'm currently posting strips from 2016.

Phoebe and Her Unicorn is a charming strip about a girl and her unicorn. Lighthearted and funny, without getting as sickly sweet as strips like Rose is Rose or Gilchrist Nancy. I'm posting it and the next strip while the person who normally does is out of the country.

Wallace the Brave is a fantastic strip. Consistently funny, parent/child dynamics that don't feel overly sappy or seething with resentment, good art, it's got it all. It's also posted on a somewhat irregular schedule. Here's the latest strip:

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Ghostlight posted:

Hello 2018. I am still serving as temporary custodian of 'Nekonaughey', which I believe vaguely translates into No Coffee Cat.
Do you want to keep posting Nekonaughey? I certainly wouldn't mind one less thing on my plate, it would give me more time for other things, like

World's Saddest Bear, the Bear That's Sad All the Time, another Q-Rais joint

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Everybody wants to be a critic of 1980s music. :smith:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Lovely Horse posted:

Let me do the honors.

Family Circus is a long-running oh-those-kids strip that some might call aggressively bland but as we'll soon discover sometimes that's not so bad.

Rose is Rose is an unbearably saccharine strip starring the world's most unexciting couple and the child version of Arseface from Preacher.

One Big Happy is all about how much better wholesome little Ruthie is than all those other spoiled kids and is basically the comic strip version of your grandparents' Facebook shares.

Foob is all about how much worse the author's kids are than all those other kids who are themselves awful.

Compu-Toon is a cartoon about computers written and drawn by the person in the world who knows the absolute least about computers.

Bizarro is a daily cartoon that's sometimes amusing but more often misses the mark.

Dilbert is all about :biotruths:

Dilbert is also written by the man who knows the second least amount about computers. Abd I post Rose is Rose because of childhood memories.

But otherwise that reads right.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf covers modern Garfield. Unlike the charming and occasionally straight-up weird Garf strips of yesteryear, this is allegedly done without any real input from Garfield creator Jim Davis, but is instead farmed out to a series of trainees like the guy who now does Intelligent Life. As such, it's usually pretty drat boring, unimaginative, and semi-regularly copy-pasted from panel to panel.

Zippy (the Pinhead) has a distaste for standard newspaper comic strips comparable to the loathing of The Dinette Set for middle-class white trash. It tends to express this through semi-coherent babblings about items of minor fascination for the strip's creator, including but not limited to advertising icons, clam juice, taco sauce, Trump, old cartoons, and whatever's been in the low-effort news stories for the past few months.

Ripley's (Believe It Or Not) is a faded imitation of a once-great institution. Whereas the original Ripley's strips were based on the first-hand research of an international traveler, who had respect for the cultures he visited (at least by the standards of the time) and the human oddities encountered (at least by the standards of the time), the current strips are based on Wikipedia diving, reader submissions (rarely fact-checked, apparently), and tracings of GIS results.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles focuses on a retired couple. It makes me very much looking forward to sitting around all day and making grand-dad jokes at whoever is around. Their daughter and grand-kid sometimes pop up. I just learned that Pickles is their last name, so that's one mystery solved.

Ham Shears -

The Creeps is The Creeps

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

This is an absolutely loving horrifying concept.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

goatface posted:

This is an absolutely loving horrifying concept.
So it's a Holbrook comic.

Side note: I had no idea Deathany* (*From On The Fasttrack!) was based on his daughter. That explains a lot, but also makes it worse, somehow.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I believe it was that long forgotten master, R Ubbish

If we're still early enough in the thread to repost hall of fame stuff, there's certainly few worthier. His stuff from a few threads back can be found here. Personal favorites of this batch of R Ubbish's Edits are...

Nobody In This Strip Comprehends Perspective

Undiagnosed Dagwood

Mandrunk the Magician

And The Rest

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Angular Cyrus posted:

Do you want to keep posting Nekonaughey? I certainly wouldn't mind one less thing on my plate, it would give me more time for other things, like

World's Saddest Bear, the Bear That's Sad All the Time, another Q-Rais joint

I can continue - are you translating them yourself, or do you get them from a source already translated? If the former, let me know what font you use and I'll start editing the Nekonaugheys.

It will make up for the fact that I've intended to post a comic strip here for over a year now and still haven't put in the effort to get the collections together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Manuel Calavera posted:

Family Circus

Is... is Jeffy high? Is that the joke?