Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

LiquidFriend posted:

Can just list every TNA tag team. Veterans of War was pretty drat boring.

They'd get my vote. Reno Scum would be a contender too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

Everyone remember that after the 1) for Feud of the Year it's spelt 'Aleister' when you're putting in Black/Dream

That’s a funny way to spell ‘Kazuchika’

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I personally do not enjoy Ohio Vs. Everything

gently caress, I forgot about Dream vs. Black

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Venomous posted:

That’s a funny way to spell ‘Kazuchika’

Did Okada/Omega include teased gay kissing? I think not

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Senerio posted:

I had to update my ballot twice I hope that's okay.

Another one? :argh:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I won’t update it again I just misspelled the acronym of a promotion and also forgot about a feud.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Someone please give me a 10- to 20-word summary of the "5 Star Wrestling fiasco." Also, if you are the person who voted for that for shittiest thing a promotion did, please know that I am very very minorly annoyed with you.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

The Goog posted:

Someone please give me a 10- to 20-word summary of the "5 Star Wrestling fiasco." Also, if you are the person who voted for that for shittiest thing a promotion did, please know that I am very very minorly annoyed with you.

oatgan posted:

This was a huge year for disgusting promotional tactics. One of the all time greats.

My vote goes to 5 Star Wrestling for announcing multiple shows they sold tickets for, and then cancelled and wouldn't offer refunds on "delayed indefinitely" before finally admitting the shows were cancelled when they could use a terrorist bombing as an excuse

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Sorry about that. I thought there'd be enough other people voting for it that "5 Star Wrestling fiasco" would be a quick enough summary.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GenericMartini posted:

I personally do not enjoy Ohio Vs. Everything

gently caress, I forgot about Dream vs. Black

oi4k have had a really good year actually. tna is just bad

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Posting the results soon, Googenheimer?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Posting the results soon, Googenheimer?

The voting period runs through midnight on January 20. Results will be posted shortly after that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gently caress I gotta get my ballot in.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Give me some bad tag teams

Would Bullet Club Hunters count? I’m pretty sure they wrestled sometime in 2017.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Looking through the history I'm impressed with how much Miz has won the awards in both positive and negative categories. I think he's stepped up his game enough to be part of an interesting high-profile storyline and ends up with a solid case for best feud or most outstanding wrestler, while someone who's consistently putting out 4-5 star classics like Omega, Okada or Styles gets the straight up best wrestler award.

As weird as it is to think of, based on some of the crowd response lately Miz seems like he could benefit from a face run, it'd be interesting to see him winning matches on his own and fighting with a chip on his shoulder against guys who have been handed opportunities in his view like Reigns, Rollins, and Cena. Heck since Cena's basically putting over everybody lately I'm sure Miz could benefit from beating him clean.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NowonSA posted:

Looking through the history I'm impressed with how much Miz has won the awards in both positive and negative categories. I think he's stepped up his game enough to be part of an interesting high-profile storyline and ends up with a solid case for best feud or most outstanding wrestler, while someone who's consistently putting out 4-5 star classics like Omega, Okada or Styles gets the straight up best wrestler award.

As weird as it is to think of, based on some of the crowd response lately Miz seems like he could benefit from a face run, it'd be interesting to see him winning matches on his own and fighting with a chip on his shoulder against guys who have been handed opportunities in his view like Reigns, Rollins, and Cena. Heck since Cena's basically putting over everybody lately I'm sure Miz could benefit from beating him clean.

I can't think of any argument for the Miz as Most Outstanding. He was never at the top of the card this year, his feuds were mostly rehashes from last year and not as good and his matches were nothing special. He didn't draw, he didn't wrestle well, all he did was talk well. You could make a case for Best on Interviews, but most Outstanding? Even if you project his skillset going forward it seems unlikely at best. His ceiling is feuds like the one against The Shield where he's a player in placeholder feuds on top. Especially since he's not young anymore.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 5, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Also Miz's best stuff was on a show nobody watched on a subscription service.

Miz TV is generally pretty awful.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
voting Miz as Most Outstanding would be like voting for Damian Sandow three years ago

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

reminder most outstanding is based on in ring match quality only

wrestler of the year is based on drawing/match quality/promos/everything. 2017 was the year of _____, etc.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
2017 was the year of Jinder

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Miz's feud with Ambrose was hot garbage and he doesn't actually put over people as much as you think. He's insanely overrated on this forum.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Feels Villeneuve posted:

2017 was the year of Jinder

a better case in that department, for sure.

All the others, not so much.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
ZSJ should win for best technical as 2017 was his best year ever BUT i want it to be KUSHIDA or Scurll anyway as he's already got it twice and they should get their dues.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

For your consideration of Best Tag Team of 2017, please don't overlook The Usos, also my pick for 2014 Worst Tag Team.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lid posted:

ZSJ should win for best technical as 2017 was his best year ever BUT i want it to be KUSHIDA or Scurll anyway as he's already got it twice and they should get their dues.

Rev pro had an awesome ZSJ vs Kushida match at the start of the year that I really liked and showed both guys technical skill but it got lost due to all the other great matchs of 2017

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Voting closes in one week. If you haven't voted yet, you should vote! There are very few runaways, and ten categories are currently being decided by potentially one vote:

* Wrestler of the Year
* Worst Feud
* Best Flyer
* Most Underpushed
* Worst Promotion
* Best Weekly Show
* Worst Weekly Show
* Worst Match of the Year
* Best Non-Wrestler
* Best Twitter Account

You should vote for the thing!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I voted, hope I didn't leave it too late - sorry!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Goog I didn't watch much wrestling this year so I'm going to pad my ballot with the retro stuff I watched. You are free, as an American, to disregard.

Also, I will note for the thread that the Wrestlehut Pisscast did release an episode in 2017 so we are totes eligible.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I voted, hope I didn't leave it too late - sorry!

It was not too late. But in like 16 hours, it will be!

IF YOU HAVE NOT VOTED, GET YOUR BALLOT IN TODAY, OR IT WILL NOT BE COUNTED!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

Voting is now closed. Results soon!

• Locked thread