Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Tae posted:

Kos Mos is Light

What.
Time to get loads of Justice boosters. Well, maybe. If it has any affect. Who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah there are 3 blades that can have the light element

Mythra, KOS-MOS and Poppi QTpi with a random drop from level 5 of Tiger Tiger.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Zore posted:

Yeah there are 3 blades that can have the light element

Mythra, KOS-MOS and Poppi QTpi with a random drop from level 5 of Tiger Tiger.

I know Mythra and Poppi can but that's a bit different as they're not drawn from cores and having Justice boost Light doesn't affect those.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I honestly don't understand why they though that light should be such a rare element, really. There's nothing in the game that says how rare it is. Kinda feel like light was an oversight, they probably ran out of rare blade designs and then killed common light blades to make up for it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Taear posted:

The worst design is Dahlia. I just have no idea why they'd even do it.

Because they didn’t want to question or offend the guest artist.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm actually considering giving Rex two tank blades for the damage reduction and just going full blender DPS Tank build on Mythra since I always seem to pull aggro anyways.

Build up Poppi and Rex will never be able to keep up with Tora's aggro generation (or damage output).

Pollyanna posted:

What exactly does the Overclock Bangle do again? I can’t tell if it’s reducing a Blade Switch time or Arts recharge time, cause all of a sudden I can infinitely chain Double Spinning Edge.

The more blade skills are available for use when you switch blades makes you able to switch back to that blade faster. It's a must if you want to spam driver combos on enemies.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Because they didn’t want to question or offend the guest artist.

I'm saying that's not a great excuse. Although Vess lends credence to that theory since her face doesn't fit in with the rest of the game at all.

Also until now I had no idea Herald was another blade you can get via quest rather than faffing. Time to visit a temple!

quote:

Build up Poppi and Rex will never be able to keep up with Tora's aggro generation (or damage output).
Am I the only one who doesn't want to use Tora because it's not as interesting using his blades as it is using ones you've drawn? The maid stuff is also exceptionally creepy.

Taear fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 2, 2018

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nina posted:

I wouldn't say that about JRPGs in general. XBC2 just happens to align stylistically more with lower budget niche JRPGs like for example Compile Heart's portfolio, more so than the type of JRPG that usually breaks through in the west.

Yeah, I'm not trying to die on a hill here. I'm just thinking about Disgaea, Fire Emblem, Star Ocean, Persona, Nier, Compile Hearts games, and like a dozen other games that came out last year. Designs like this are so common in the Japanese games I play that I'm just kinda "eh". I'm not going to give a heavy label to people who like the designs because it's just so common that it feels silly to do so.

Just my unimportant 2 cents.

E: I use Dhalia because her spotlight passive sounds really good but like, I don't ever notice it proccing. Am i doing something wrong? It sounds like it should be shredding orbs in chain attacks left and right

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 2, 2018

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Taear posted:

Am I the only one who doesn't want to use Tora because it's not as interesting using his blades as it is using ones you've drawn? The maid stuff is also exceptionally creepy.

Yes you're the only one. Tora's a Nopon and a normie who worked insanely hard trying to compete with people who get to draw blades because they were just born with the talent for it. He's an admirable little guy. He almost never leaves my party.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Respect Tora, he's big and strong.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tora is very powerful.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Mechanically, Tora is awful to use because his attacks suck for cancelling and quickly charging his specials, especially compared to the other default tank.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

U-DO Burger posted:

Yes you're the only one. Tora's a Nopon and a normie who worked insanely hard trying to compete with people who get to draw blades because they were just born with the talent for it. He's an admirable little guy. He almost never leaves my party.

It's good that he's fought the elites and managed to do something that nobody else has ever done other than his dad, I guess.
But it's bad that he can't participate in the interesting pet collection game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tae posted:

Mechanically, Tora is awful to use because his attacks suck for cancelling and quickly charging his specials, especially compared to the other default tank.

He is however, absurdly broken if you spend hours grinding out his awful minigame that gives no benefits to anyone else so the choice is yours.

I benched the fat weirdo asap.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Barudak posted:

He is however, absurdly broken if you spend hours grinding out his awful minigame that gives no benefits to anyone else so the choice is yours.

I benched the fat weirdo asap.

Man I bet you heard that a lot growing up in your little league games

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tora can't use the best blade, Godfrey.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I like Tora waaay more than I liked Rikki, since he's actually part of the plot and was able to make Poppi essentially by himself (even if he didn't make the blueprint that's still really impressive) and had his own section of the game.

A shame Tiger Tiger is so unfun though because I really don't want to put the effort into getting parts for Poppi because of it. I know it sounds crazy, but the game feels harder with easy mode, like enemies do more damage.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Momomo posted:

A shame Tiger Tiger is so unfun though because I really don't want to put the effort into getting parts for Poppi because of it. I know it sounds crazy, but the game feels harder with easy mode, like enemies do more damage.

It sounds stupid but easy mode makes it feel even more of a waste of time. If you're acknowledging it's enough of an issue to do that why have the stupid thing at all?
They could have made Salvaging so much more meaningful by throwing Poppi parts into it instead. Or "upgrade components", you know.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Easy mode is way easier by virtue of being able to touch walls without dying

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Does easy mode give less rewards

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Taear posted:

It sounds stupid but easy mode makes it feel even more of a waste of time. If you're acknowledging it's enough of an issue to do that why have the stupid thing at all?
They could have made Salvaging so much more meaningful by throwing Poppi parts into it instead. Or "upgrade components", you know.

Yeah. An actual system where you would get salvage and use it to create parts for poppi would have been amazing but given that salvaging can be trivialized by the different tanks I'm guessing they thought they needed a way harsher sanity/time gate.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Calaveron posted:

I got the light core and master modes on easy level 5 so it doesn't lock you out of anything. Dunno if it affects rates

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I pulled Zenobia on Four but looking at their available axe skills and the fact that Rex has a Launch skill on Axes I can't help but feel like I'm supposed to use an Overdrive to continue to make Rex The Only Party Member That Matters

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The problem with using Zenobia as your launcher is you lose elemental variety on Rex since he's forced to use a wind blade if you want to smash with him.

It's pretty clear the devs didn't put a single thought into blade design in regards to who should use them

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I pulled Zenobia on Four but looking at their available axe skills and the fact that Rex has a Launch skill on Axes I can't help but feel like I'm supposed to use an Overdrive to continue to make Rex The Only Party Member That Matters

Hang on to her on Morag for the time being

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Calaveron posted:

Rewards are identical. I got a light core, several dark cores, and all the master mods after maybe 2 hours of stage 5 runs. Downside is that it didn't give me anywhere near enough ether to unlock the upgrade slots and power generation needed for the final poppi form. Had to farm a little while longer so I could fit level 5 upgrades to make poppi fulfill her destiny as a mechanical murder goddess.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

tap my mountain posted:

The problem with using Zenobia as your launcher is you lose elemental variety on Rex since he's forced to use a wind blade if you want to smash with him.

It's pretty clear the devs didn't put a single thought into blade design in regards to who should use them

Holy poo poo you're right Roc is the only way Rex can actually Smash an enemy, thank you for telling me. And apparently, Four has no access to Topple, but Five has access to Topple on Axes and then also Launch and Smash, so I guess we know who's getting access to Zenobia

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

It's cool that you can combo forever even while changing between blades

It's not cool that you aren't allowed to continue comboing if you do a fusion combo

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Holy poo poo you're right Roc is the only way Rex can actually Smash an enemy, thank you for telling me. And apparently, Four has no access to Topple, but Five has access to Topple on Axes and then also Launch and Smash, so I guess we know who's getting access to Zenobia

Don't sweat it too much because driver combos are kind of tacked on, and you literally can't do it against most of the post game bosses

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
if all fails, rex can always launch by (ch. 8) equipping pandoria

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tora can do the entire driver combo chain by himself iirc, further proving that poppi is best blade

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

All I know is that apparently smashing some postgame enemies is how you grind out legendary cores so thats a thing I gotta do eventually

also just got Agate on Four so now I have two dope axe users

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The best blades are those common ones because they have Orb Master

(I basically ignored Unique blades past like hour 50, they were just merc fodder to me)

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I wish the game would tell you your inventory is full instead of silently discarding items if you have too many accessories, which is super easy to do when you're smashing things.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

emoji posted:

I wish the game would tell you your inventory is full instead of silently discarding items if you have too many accessories, which is super easy to do when you're smashing things.

wait WHAT

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

emoji posted:

asffghgjklouhbgcasgvjifjcyfadjj

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Goddammit

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

emoji posted:

Hahahahahaha.

Oh ffs Xenoblade.

Hell, I wish they would let us sort by accessory type. Nothing like scrolling through pages of poo poo to see if there is a better version of the item you have equipped.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PJOmega posted:

Hahahahahaha.

Oh ffs Xenoblade.

Hell, I wish they would let us sort by accessory type. Nothing like scrolling through pages of poo poo to see if there is a better version of the item you have equipped.

At least it's only one item type rather than what X had.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

emoji posted:

Combined with how long it takes to sell poo poo out of your inventory this is just astounding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I mean "inventory full" is probably the most annoying notification in video games, but that's not exactly a solution to it