Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

havenwaters posted:

Gah pat. Okay I'll need to watch this stream when it's on youtube.

What other injuries Neo, I forgot stuff (this is magusdraco if you couldn't tell)

It was either one of the Pat + Woolie podcasts or when he guested on Clemps' podcast. Pat described how he broke his foot and just put up with it for like 9 months because he didn't have time/didn't want to go to a doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Neo_Crimson posted:

It was either one of the Pat + Woolie podcasts or when he guested on Clemps' podcast. Pat described how he broke his foot and just put up with it for like 9 months because he didn't have time/didn't want to go to a doctor.

Gah. That's just...loving hell.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Tae posted:

That got you, and not Guym?

That's a simpsons.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Neo_Crimson posted:

Was this during Pat's retail hell? Because that's not the only injury he put up with for too drat long because he couldn't afford it.

Wouldn't Canada fix him up for free though?

havenwaters posted:

Because that's roughly the french pronunciation or something

edit: And he probably likes saying Tear rear end

I think it might specifically be Quebecois, but yes. It made finding the show really difficult for me initially.

EDIT:

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Woolie: "Only a strong tongue can get through [a mario pipe plugged by a yoshi fruit]"
Matt: "Yes, only Larkin Love"
jesuschrist

We shouldn't sleep on this moment. Matt is evolving.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 1, 2018

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

hoobajoo posted:

We shouldn't sleep on this moment. Matt is evolving.

Matt's love of big ol' honkers is hardly new lore, but the tongue must have finally dethroned Hitomi Tanaka.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmVKYPcePEE&t=111m15s

Required Viewing. The start of 2018 was powerful and quickly goes off the rails.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
"Hey girl, would you like to be my chemicals...?"

Pat with the still-relevant dig

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Comrade Pat talking about how much he hates rich people in Bully. I like this bold, new direction.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Improbable Lobster posted:

Comrade Pat talking about how much he hates rich people in Bully. I like this bold, new direction.
Is he a fan of Trudeau?

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Matt always going to the girls dorm when he has a mission in town and not using the bike they bought ever is gonna be a thing I have to get used to in the LP I see.....

Also the fact that they refused to go to english class, I think is not because they think it's has useful rewards, but that they don't wanna get exposed again like they did in the first class haha

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

welll that's mario

will it just be kotor and bully for awhile or did they say what the new lp will be on the podcast?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

THUG2 when, give us what we need

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Please be the RE7 dlc, it's apparently pretty good.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Odyssey LP ending with Woolie just giving up makes me wonder why they bothered at all

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

The Odyssey LP ending with Woolie just giving up makes me wonder why they bothered at all

Ah, that makes sense. I was expecting Odyssey to be like 40+ parts.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Neo_Crimson posted:

Please be the RE7 dlc, it's apparently pretty good.

The RE7 DLC, End of Zoe especially, is pretty awesome.

Blockhouse posted:

Wait really, so is this the first they actually dumped in-progress?

Blockhouse posted:

No, they beat the main game did an episode of post-game and then wooie dies to a boss and quits

Ooooh.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 2, 2018

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Yardbomb posted:

The RE7 DLC, End of Zoe especially, is pretty awesome.

Wait really, so is this the first they actually dumped in-progress?

No, they beat the main game did an episode of post-game and then wooie dies to a boss and quits so technically they didn't end prematurely they just went past the obvious stopping point and instead decided to end the LP on a wet fart

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
A "man, gently caress this" *smash cut to Green Greens* would've totally worked to cap a Machinima episode. I can see why for a long form LP its a major bummer, though.

Still, I will not argue with more Bully.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They literally need all the time now (possibly doubling up) just get the gently caress off Taris.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The wet fart end was the only way to follow-up the ten minutes of trying to get to dark side of the moon, deciding not to do it legit
and instead just Matt's file and fall victim to the greatest zaibatsu villain of all: rotating save files. (I didn't even know there were multiple save files you could use)

I also love how Matt kept billing it as the Final Challenge, when there's a multitude of challenges after what Woolie faced, followed by an actual Final Level much after.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Blockhouse posted:

Matt wanted to play it and Woolie doesn't seem proactive about suggesting games to LP and just tags along on games other people want to play, so there you go.

This LP really did demonstrate why having side channels makes sense for some games, this one would have been way better as an edited Matt-only thing without Woolie - he was uniquely bad at it and never really seemed to give a poo poo about the game either way.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jan 3, 2018

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I mean, what were they supposed to do with Mario? There's challenge levels and it's obviously not your typical postgame but I feel like it's more equivalent to 100%ing a game versus just beating the story. They aren't going to collect all 8000 moons or whatever. Does anyone actually want to watch that

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mandrel posted:

I mean, what were they supposed to do with Mario? There's challenge levels and it's obviously not your typical postgame but I feel like it's more equivalent to 100%ing a game versus just beating the story. They aren't going to collect all 8000 moons or whatever. Does anyone actually want to watch that

Just end it at the final boss I suppose. The way it went it's like if Usain Bolt won the 200 meter dash but kept running for another couple of blocks before collapsing on the ground. Perfectly good stopping point back with the ribbon and the crowd of people watching ignored.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Just end it at the final boss I suppose. The way it went it's like if Usain Bolt won the 200 meter dash but kept running for another couple of blocks before collapsing on the ground. Perfectly good stopping point back with the ribbon and the crowd of people watching ignored.

Fair enough

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
RE7 DLC, Raw Danger! and Sonic Unleashed would all be acceptable for the next LP.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I want them to break the glass again and pull a surprise Ghost Trick LP.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I want them to break the glass again and pull a surprise Ghost Trick LP.

Ooh yeah that'd be a good one just for blind reactions. I can't remember who has and hasn't played it though, I think Matt has?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Ooh yeah that'd be a good one just for blind reactions. I can't remember who has and hasn't played it though, I think Matt has?

I'd settle for nothing less than the full Zaibatsu in attendence. Make it a lightworld counterpart to Heavy Rain.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Woolie spends SO much time in menus. It's annoying as hell. That said I actually like the LP outside of his menu humping.

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

I hope pat was lying about there being more people that play that card game on other planets.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

0 rows returned posted:

I hope pat was lying about there being more people that play that card game on other planets.

There's so much more pazaak. Sorry dude.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RareAcumen posted:

yeah this is how I feel

the fact that they didn't want to actually work to get to the second post-game area and just loaded up Matt's save only to look at it and give up is just...why? Why bother?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I never bothered with pazaak past the introduction for it. You'll be swimming in credits if you play dark side and I don't even know if there is a prize for beating any possibly non-existent pazaak master.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
also the long segment they were clearly supposed to edit out and didn't where they mumble about how long they've been playing and how many episodes this will make made it clear how little of a poo poo they gave about this LP

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Yesssss RE7

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

KingShiro posted:

I never bothered with pazaak past the introduction for it. You'll be swimming in credits if you play dark side and I don't even know if there is a prize for beating any possibly non-existent pazaak master.

beating suvam tam on yavin station enough times gets you a 20% discount, and one person will give you an upgrade item, but other than that the only reward for pazaak is credits and pazaak cards

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Blockhouse posted:

also the long segment they were clearly supposed to edit out and didn't where they mumble about how long they've been playing and how many episodes this will make made it clear how little of a poo poo they gave about this LP

I think this LP is another case of "We really should have done a dry run before actually making this an LP"

Because KotOR really doesn't lend itself to the LP format at all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I think this LP is another case of "We really should have done a dry run before actually making this an LP"

They should've played it safe and LPed Xenoblade instead.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

They should've played it safe and LPed Xenoblade instead.

gently caress that they should've LP'ed Xenogears...only to be forever stuck in the starting area as Woolie spends 5 episodes playing Rock-Paper-Scissors and declaring himself to be Rohan Kishbe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

This was in the last episode of Mario, not KOTOR