Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

A

Also, I like how in the high-tech future people still use 4 digit locks that can be brute-forced with a child's toy in like 3 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Grognan posted:

Check to see if the gun is loaded

After you leave, you duck into a secluded corner and check over your new gear:

Everything about the pistol is a little odd. It's clearly not a production model, and the fit and finish is superb. It has a bore, but it's too small for conventional bullets. There's seemingly no external ammunition feed either. From the power circuitry and barrel heavy weight distribution you're guessing it may be some kind of EM weapon?

The terminal is a standard hand terminal. A cursory systems check shows that it's already configured and hooked up to the wires, but unused beyond that. You slot the mystery chip into the terminal: it contains notes on AI research? It also has some incomplete maps and manifests of various SinDex facilities.

The ID reads "Kal Hinton" and lists a SinDex citizen code along with relevant biometric data. It appears genuine.

There Bias Two posted:

A

Also, I like how in the high-tech future people still use 4 digit locks that can be brute-forced with a child's toy in like 3 seconds.

Brute force attacks can be countered with even more brute force. It's not uncommon for standard lockouts to be supplemented with more lethal measures. Rumor has it that some corp black division execs rig sensitive caches to explode violently on a single wrong attempt. Luckily you (and whoever messed with the safe) are not that paranoid.

Have Blue fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Dec 22, 2017

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

"At this point I know better than to ask. All I'm gonna say is that if any of this comes down on me I'll be in touch."

How? You don't have my contact? Unless you want to go grab a cup of coffee?

Have Blue posted:

A) Head over

What was Red Row again?

I wanted to go to the Shard.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Awkwardly ask her out, flee before she can answer

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Outrail posted:

The gooniest of responses.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Outrail posted:

Ask her if she needs us to carry her 3D fabricator across town.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

There Bias Two posted:

:vince:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Outrail posted:

And don't forget to pull her pig-tails too! If she doesn't have hair pigtails, then pull her pigtail connectors!

There Bias Two posted:

Is '3D Fabricator' code for something?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

CourValant posted:

Is '3D Fabricator' code for something?

https://www.somethingawful.com/great-goon-database/great-goon-best/3/

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Yikes.

Thanks for the link!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

CourValant posted:

Yikes.

Thanks for the link!

the next page of that compendium article has a seriously messed up tale of mental illness and violence so don't read further if you aren't prepared.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Hexenritter posted:

the next page of that compendium article has a seriously messed up tale of mental illness and violence so don't read further if you aren't prepared.

Nope. Thanks for the warning; I don't need to read stuff like that this close to Christmas.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

CourValant posted:

Nope. Thanks for the warning; I don't need to read stuff like that this close to Christmas.

Yeah goon stuff ranges from "heartwarmingly dumb" to "holy poo poo that makes me want to gouge out my face eyes" and unfortunately that particular collection of weird tales of goonery is not filtered by level of :smithicide:

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
Whether you celebrate or not, Merry Christmas my fellow Wire'ers!

***** Edit *****

Except you Gates, Eff you in your Windows Holes!!!

CourValant fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 25, 2017

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays from NYC! (NuYork's more real more lame counterpart)

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Happy belated Saturnalia, everyone! How far north does NuYork go, while I'm not in NYC I might be in the NuYork Sprawl.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
I've been phone only the past few days. Update ETA next year (Jan 1. Happy new years!)

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Have Blue posted:

A) Head over

Outrail posted:

"I-I'll be in touch too." you stutter, and then scuttle out the door into the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqqsOWQXbIE

Red Row is NuYork's premier market for metal and meat. Fed by slicer gangs and corp castoffs, the grey market chop-shops here provide the bulk of biomechanical replacements and enhancements for the sprawl. Competition for clientele is fierce, and each clinic has its own macabre display of engineering excellence: dismembered arms gesture and wave, detached legs run in endless circles or pump futilely in the air. One window even features an array of eyes that watch passerby. You twitch when they fix you in their gaze, but they quickly move on to someone else in the crowd.
You've got enough cash to take your pick, though a few stand out:

A) "Madison Evolved Engineering"
They seem to specialize in limb cybernetics. As if they notice your attention lingering, the arms on display twitch to life and beckon you closer.

B) "IOTA"
The small clinic with the display of eyes. Most are synthetic, but some appear organic.

poo poo, are they watching me again?

C) "ExaGen Consolidated"
No displays; just plain grey concrete, a simple sign, and a reinforced door. They must not need to advertise?

D) Keep looking
There's plenty more to choose from

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Have Blue posted:

D) Keep looking
There's plenty more to choose from

Find a place that might be able to figure out what we are right now.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Yeah D, and if needs be we can come back to C

Changed below

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 3, 2018

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
D

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

CourValant posted:

Find a place that might be able to figure out what we are right now.
This seems like a good idea, although maybe C is a good place to start on that, unless we have better ideas? We don't need upgrades, our gear is already pretty sweet; some insight into what we are would be pretty neat, though. Maybe root our firmware if we can find someone trustworthy enough, though I'm a bit hesitant because things might be they way they are for good reason.

I'm not actually sure I remember why we came here.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

General answers I believe

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Hexenritter posted:

General answers I believe

Correct. Outside of a corp lab or major hospital, this is the most likely place to find someone who can identify your augs and figure out what's going on with them.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Changing my vote to C, that nondescript façade has me intrigued.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Have Blue posted:

"I-I'll be in touch too." you stutter, and then scuttle out the door into the night.

Coward.

I guess C.

Might be better option to see what general theme the thread wants if we go the upgrade route. I think our set up is great, but we need more boom. Personally I want an arm that fires emp grenades or a leg mounted rocket launcher or a dick gun. Something classy.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Dick. Gun.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

C. I like mystery.

Also this cyoa is really neat. I am a sucker for gifs.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey
The gifs are indeed flashy.

Outrail posted:

Might be better option to see what general theme the thread wants if we go the upgrade route. I think our set up is great, but we need more boom. Personally I want an arm that fires emp grenades or a leg mounted rocket launcher or a dick gun. Something classy.
I don't think that's what we're here for. In general, why compromise structural integrity and flexibility by installing something permanently (replacing our already very fancy looking hardware) when we can just carry stuff?

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

C

Hexenritter posted:

Forehead. Dick. Gun.

FTFY

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Ralith posted:

The gifs are indeed flashy.

I don't think that's what we're here for. In general, why compromise structural integrity and flexibility by installing something permanently (replacing our already very fancy looking hardware) when we can just carry stuff?

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

Outrail posted:

Hexenritter posted:

Dick. Gun.
So long as we apply it directly to our forehead, I guess.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:bisonyes:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Grognan fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 4, 2018

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Sex Machine!

You know, I've always wondered how that gun works; I guess the answer is, it doesn't, as the cylinders don't align to the barrel?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Also without it being hilariously unsafely hair-triggered, there's no way a cock flex could trip the sear.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Hexenritter posted:

Also without it being hilariously unsafely hair-triggered, there's no way a cock flex could trip the sear.

Well, some 'flexes' are bigger than others. :ocelot: :)

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Wow just wow

I never thought you'd stoop that low, Canuckistani. I've seen you go from shy nugget to regular to throwing out dick insults at an OG. It's... It's beautiful

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Hexenritter posted:

Wow just wow

I never thought you'd stoop that low, Canuckistani. I've seen you go from shy nugget to regular to throwing out dick insults at an OG. It's... It's beautiful

The circle is complete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I can and shall obey

CourValant posted:

Sex Machine!

You know, I've always wondered how that gun works; I guess the answer is, it doesn't, as the cylinders don't align to the barrel?
I always assumed there were three cylinders total. Probably not, looking closely, but it still makes more sense that way.

• Locked thread