Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Guy Mann posted:

If you don't want your dead body seen publicly then maybe don't kill yourself in a public place. Especially one literally called the Suicide Forest because it's a place where people go to kill themselves publicly.

Unless the outrage is that the dude made money off of it in which case how is that different from literally any news or true crime show or documentary ever.

How are you allowed to be a person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

swickles posted:

How are you allowed to be a person?
He exists to give us a common enemy.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

EL BROMANCE posted:

In fairness, I don’t think it’s the dead guy complaining.

He didn’t monetize the video, but it’s pretty gross and he’s apologized.

No no no no no, I’m shutting this down right now. Have you read his apology?

Notice how often he says “I” or “me.” Notice how he low-key blames everyone else for misinterpreting him with his “monsoon of negativity” comment. Notice how he brags about his views and his work ethic. Notice how HE HASHTAGS THIS poo poo. “Well, it seems I’ve grossly disrespected the dead with my latest wacky YouTube video, clearly I need to make sure to remember THE BRAND.”

gently caress his sorry. I get the impulse to defend yourself, to offer up some kind of explanation for what you were thinking, but this is grossly inappropriate.

His hacky quoting of Spider-Man sucks too, but that’s more of a personal qualm.

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 2, 2018

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DivisionPost posted:

His hacky quoting of Spider-Man sucks too, but that’s more of a personal qualm.

Oh it's not just you man, that poo poo drives me up the wall.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DivisionPost posted:

someone stuff this kid in a locker forever

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Guy Mann is human loving garbage

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

DivisionPost posted:

Notice how often he says “I” or “me.” Notice how he low-key blames everyone else for misinterpreting him with his “monsoon of negativity” comment. Notice how he brags about his views and his work ethic. Notice how HE HASHTAGS THIS poo poo. “Well, it seems I’ve grossly disrespected the dead with my latest wacky YouTube video, clearly I need to make sure to remember THE BRAND.”

He's pretty tone deaf and self absorbed, to an insane degree. He ended up doxxing Post Malone when he saw that Malone ordered some of his merchandise, so he videotaped himself driving to the house listed on the receipt and delivering personally, in the process showing the entire world where Post Malone lives.

There was a way to handle the suicide forest situation, and it would've been at least to cut the video feed and just keep the audio if you wanted the reactions and then do some talking head stuff or narration about what they saw and how it affected them. Even though he's all contrite and apologizing he 100% knew it'd go mega viral or whatever the equivalent is nowadays.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Last night I pulled up Netflix to find something to watch but couldn't really decide and got distracted with my phone... and then this thing just started playing over a screensaver. And boy was it briefly confusing and unnerving.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I’m way more excited for this than I should be considering I’m pushing 30. I loved the books when they were coming out, and the art design and tone of S1 were perfect.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m way more excited for this than I should be considering I’m pushing 30. I loved the books when they were coming out, and the art design and tone of S1 were perfect.

plus NPH is a sheer delight as always

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Callister didn't have anything new "to say", but it was entertaining. That's more than I can say for the rest of S4 so far.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DivisionPost posted:

Ah I actually hadn’t beyond the first few sentences I saw on a twitter post, and I skipped the rest as his face had irritated me enough for the day and I was done with him.

My earlier post reads more like I’m defending him, so I retract it. From the word go he’s sounded gross and I just want him to disappear.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Guy Mann posted:

"It's just a joke, don't take it so seriously" is a weird argument for a guy who torpedoed his career because he was upset people were laughing at his jokes for the wrong reason to be making.

I'll make sure to take a knee next anthem for you and hopefully you'll get that point at least since you not your own

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
so some youtube 'celebrity' pointed and laughed at a dude who hanged himself in the woods and posted it, is that the tl;dr?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GobiasIndustries posted:

so some youtube 'celebrity' pointed and laughed at a dude who hanged himself in the woods and posted it, is that the tl;dr?

Sounds about right. I have no desire to track down the video to get the full version either. Youtube "celebrities" are the worst.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

IRQ posted:

Sounds about right. I have no desire to track down the video to get the full version either. Youtube "celebrities" are the worst.

yeah I'm not really concerned about seeing the dead body but i saw pictures of the youtuber and :yikes: I'm not watching any of that.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Oh this whole thing reminds me, Do You Want to See a Dead Body? is really funny. Its on YouTube Red, but half the episodes are available for free.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

GobiasIndustries posted:

And then monetized his apology video, yeah.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Finished American Vandal and I'm pretty surprised at how much mileage they get out of such a simple comedy sketch premise.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

DivisionPost posted:

And then monetized his apology video, yeah.

why am i not surprised at all

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GobiasIndustries posted:

why am i not surprised at all

And I bet it doesn't even matter. Pewdiepie:godwinning: probably still has like 8 gajillion 12 year olds subscribing to his youtubes where he shrieks at video games like a howler monkey for money.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Back on the grind for 2018: watched the first episode of Esther Povitsky’s show ALONE TOGETHER and it was great!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Oh man 60 Day In is finally back on and I can get back to rooting for the inmates to kill every one of these cast members.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

precision posted:

plus NPH is a sheer delight as always

It’s so great seeing him as a villain. Especially a scenery chewing one like Olaf.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm actually having a hard time coming up with a role where NPH isn't a villain.

I mean, Doogie Howser, I guess. But I haven't seen that in a long time so I can't be sure of it.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I'm actually having a hard time coming up with a role where NPH isn't a villain.

I mean, Doogie Howser, I guess. But I haven't seen that in a long time so I can't be sure of it.

Roseanne has a nightmare where Doogie Howser gives her a breast enlargement rather than a breast reduction. So at the very least, he's played Doogie as a villain.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

IRQ posted:

Man this season of Crazy Ex-GF is pretty rough to watch.

Push through if you haven't already, it's tough to watch Rebecca spiral but she hits absolute rock bottom soon and it's all uphill from there.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

IRQ posted:

And I bet it doesn't even matter. Pewdiepie:godwinning: probably still has like 8 gajillion 12 year olds subscribing to his youtubes where he shrieks at video games like a howler monkey for money.

Content creators have to make content somehow

I love how cold and impersonal they call their work. "Content creator" sounds more soulless than advertising executive. Though it doesn't sound as bad as influencer.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Dammit, my wife and I were really enjoying our December binge-watch of Justified (her first time, my second), but as of today, it is no longer available for free through Amazon Prime. I'm just relieved we made it through Season 3 last night (my favorite season with my favorite villain) and only just started Season 4, which isn't the worst place to stop watching.

I always pay attention to those lists of what gets added to and removed from Netflix and Amazon Prime each month, and I definitely didn't notice Justified being removed at the end of December. Oh well. I just bought my dad the complete series on DVD, so maybe he'll loan us the back half for now.

Are you outside of the US? It’s all on Prime for me at the moment.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Are you outside of the US? It’s all on Prime for me at the moment.

I know it was definitely gone yesterday as it's been in my watchlist for awhile, but now it looks like it's back. It's probably some rights renewal thing where it lagged updating.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

bull3964 posted:

I know it was definitely gone yesterday as it's been in my watchlist for awhile, but now it looks like it's back. It's probably some rights renewal thing where it lagged updating.

Makes sense. That post was a roller coaster.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/rasta_dad/status/946552472272699393

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Snak posted:

Roseanne has a nightmare where Doogie Howser gives her a breast enlargement rather than a breast reduction.

:stonk:

False
Oct 6, 2003
i have friends who will pull magazine models wearing headphones off of trains without even speaking the same language as them. Friends who will show up in a town after hitchhiking cross country for 3 days without showering and pull two girls working
Amateur questions but can I watch the new Twin Peaks having seen only a few eps of the original (GF has already seen the original and doesn't want to rewatch it? Similar question, can I skip Mr. Robot Season 2 if I saw 1?

False fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 3, 2018

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

No and no.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

False posted:

Amateur questions but can I watch the new Twin Peaks having seen only a few eps of the original (GF has already seen the original and doesn't want to rewatch it? Similar question, can I skip Mr. Robot Season 2 if I saw 1?

Skipping huge parts of OG Twin Peaks? Holy gently caress no, not at all.

There are several schools of thought about watching order and what can and can't be missed, but you need to see the entirety of Season 1, most of season 2, and absolutely the Fire Walk With Me movie. At bare minimum, everything David Lynch had hand in from S2 and some of the less bad episodes.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

A guy making fun of Black Mirror for being derivative by stealing a joke so old that Black Mirror itself referenced it over a year ago is some next-level poo poo.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

pentyne posted:

Skipping huge parts of OG Twin Peaks? Holy gently caress no, not at all.

There are several schools of thought about watching order and what can and can't be missed, but you need to see the entirety of Season 1, most of season 2, and absolutely the Fire Walk With Me movie. At bare minimum, everything David Lynch had hand in from S2 and some of the less bad episodes.

That said, if you're only interested in The Return for the imagery and gleeful abandonment of tv conventions then jump right in. You won't understand anything and have little investment in the core plot threads, but nobody understands poo poo about the return anyway. Still, twin peaks contains some of the best tv ever made (and some of the most incompetent) so you'd only be doing yourself a disservice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

A guy making fun of Black Mirror for being derivative by stealing a joke so old that Black Mirror itself referenced it over a year ago is some next-level poo poo.

He’s not saying it’s derivative he’s saying it’s predictable and repetitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

bull3964 posted:

Hey, this is fantastic. Thanks for the heads-up!