Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

People said this manga got good. I caught up and they were right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Eren being a badass spy terrorist ftw

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Aumanor posted:

Beast, Cart and Ymir's version of Jaw Titan could all speak at least to some degree.

Erem can also speak in his titan form, as seen during his experiments with Hange.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

In It For The Tank posted:

Erem can also speak in his titan form, as seen during his experiments with Hange.

No, they specifically determined he can't talk at all even with full control, but he's dexterous enough to write.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Oh snap, you're right. I was thinking of the scene where he starts to have flashbacks about his father in his titan form and remembered him as saying it rather than writing it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aumanor posted:

Beast, Cart and Ymir's version of Jaw Titan could all speak at least to some degree.

Although Cart Titan does sound a little hoarse.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Say Nothing posted:

Although Cart Titan does sound a little hoarse.

:ughh:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Plutonis posted:

People said this manga got good. I caught up and they were right.

It’s so awesome.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I thought the story would fizzle after the basement reveal like Twin Peaks but suddenly it was a bigger gently caress Yeah than the Trost arc.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sub Harrison posted:

I thought the story would fizzle after the basement reveal like Twin Peaks but suddenly it was a bigger gently caress Yeah than the Trost arc.
Remember, up until now the ENTIRE story has taken place on an island the size of(and actually is due to lazy map designing early on) Madagascar.

Isayama's got the whole world to rampage across if he wants.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Invictus posted:

Remember, up until now the ENTIRE story has taken place on an island the size of(and actually is due to lazy map designing early on) Madagascar.

Isayama's got the whole world to rampage across if he wants.

Weird, the whole setting of Adventure Time is apparently set on post-apocalypse Madagascar. I guess It's the go-to large island for dystopian (future?) societies.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Say Nothing posted:

Weird, the whole setting of Adventure Time is apparently set on post-apocalypse Madagascar. I guess It's the go-to large island for dystopian (future?) societies.

By closing its seaport, Madagascar is capable of enduring endless disasters. Where else would life thrive in the post-apocalypse?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

It’s so awesome.

Honestly I've been really impressed by the pretty risky/different direction the story has gone in. Usually popular series like this tend to play it safe and become/stay mediocre with popularity, but this has completely changed gears post-basement and it's been totally worth it.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I'm hoping the manga doesn't turn into Paradis vs. The World from this point on. I feel like Marley was forgiven a little too quickly for conquering people using the Eldians and then just kind of brushing it off at the play. The Middle Eastern league and anyone else that was conquered by them using titans should want Marley destroyed. They might want Paradis nuked as well but since time is on their side there's no real reason to go out of their way to finish it off.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I doubt it'll be as clean cut as that but they did set eren/paradis up as the bad guys really well in the last few chapters

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Captain Cappy posted:

I'm hoping the manga doesn't turn into Paradis vs. The World from this point on. I feel like Marley was forgiven a little too quickly for conquering people using the Eldians and then just kind of brushing it off at the play. The Middle Eastern league and anyone else that was conquered by them using titans should want Marley destroyed. They might want Paradis nuked as well but since time is on their side there's no real reason to go out of their way to finish it off.
Is time on their side? A very convincing case has been made to the world that North Korea's nukes are now in the hands of a true madman and we must act now to prevent a global Armageddon.

Paradis vs. The World seems like a likely premise for most of the rest of this manga, but I'm sure the divisions in the world are going to come into play during that conflict too.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

You remember the scene where the 'Asian' delegation parted ways before the big presentation? It could be a clue, maybe Paradise has already made diplomatic contacts behind scenes.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Grim Reminder 2.0 is delivering. :stare:

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
I'm glad Mikasa was able to quickly dispatch the new titan, I was prepared to be upset if it turned out to be some kind of god invincible titan. Hell yeah human power. Really drives home the whole "titans are a thing of the past wars." Still cool that warhammer ended up being like, designed for shifter killing.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Pretty good chapter, but I'd like to see more bodies hit the floor over the next few chapters, Marley, Eldian traitor, and foreigner alike.

I predict one of the next few chapters will end with a shot of a huge fuckoff Paradisian invasion fleet about to D-Day this continent. And I kinda hope the Paradisians figured out flamethrowers, so we can watch fire units literally burn these cities (and especially the people in them) to the ground. :flame:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

HoneyBoy posted:

I'm glad Mikasa was able to quickly dispatch the new titan, I was prepared to be upset if it turned out to be some kind of god invincible titan. Hell yeah human power. Really drives home the whole "titans are a thing of the past wars." Still cool that warhammer ended up being like, designed for shifter killing.

I wouldn't believe so fast she is done. She seemed defeated , but maybe not killed.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Why are there three walls? If the founding titan wanted to just create a jail/paradise for Eldians so they would stop all the unnecessary bloodshed, then why did he make three walls? According to Willy (who is probably lying), the FT even said that when the outside world came a knockin' for revenge that he wouldn't do anything about it. If that's the case then just the outermost wall would be needed to coral everyone in and keep enemies out (until enemies were strong enough). But instead they went with a more strategic three-wall option so that they wouldn't be overwhelmed if the outer wall fell. Do you think there will be an actual reason for it or is it more likely just that way because it made everything until the basement possible?

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Having 3 walls is symbolic to Ymir's 3 daughters, and more walls means more colossi. The first chapters also had pages that detailed the design of the walls for fending titan attacks (that were a real threat to the Walldians pre-revolution) so more walls meant more feeling of security to the citizens.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Captain Cappy posted:

Why are there three walls? If the founding titan wanted to just create a jail/paradise for Eldians so they would stop all the unnecessary bloodshed, then why did he make three walls? According to Willy (who is probably lying), the FT even said that when the outside world came a knockin' for revenge that he wouldn't do anything about it. If that's the case then just the outermost wall would be needed to coral everyone in and keep enemies out (until enemies were strong enough). But instead they went with a more strategic three-wall option so that they wouldn't be overwhelmed if the outer wall fell. Do you think there will be an actual reason for it or is it more likely just that way because it made everything until the basement possible?

the other walls are to keep out the plebs i guess

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Captain Cappy posted:

I am a little skeptical about the accuracy of Willy's speech explaining that the Eldians were "totes down to be massacred, because they know they deserve it."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Who's going to eat Warhammer? Eren already has the hardening thing and an armored colossal titan seems like it would be too much of an overpowered battle-ending plot macguffin to fit in with the storyline.
Does Misaka has the right DNA to use the titan power?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Say Nothing posted:

Who's going to eat Warhammer? Eren already has the hardening thing and an armored colossal titan seems like it would be too much of an overpowered battle-ending plot macguffin to fit in with the storyline.
Does Misaka has the right DNA to use the titan power?

I'd say Sasha, but I'm still betting she ate Annie during the skip.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I assume Ackermans cant become titans because they’re titan science byproducts, although I don’t think it’s been confirmed one way or another.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

JahRoo posted:

I assume Ackermans cant become titans because they’re titan science byproducts, although I don’t think it’s been confirmed one way or another.

Word of God IIRC.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Maybe the Ackermans were the reason the king stopped fighting. The thought of every Eldian having titan powers and immunity to mind control.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
When I think about it, night fighting is perfect terrain for 3DMG, because without blue sky to silhouette against, you're nigh impossible to hit or see coming. A lightly armed squad of elites would slaughter regulars.

Also it's cool that a titan is using titan-matter to make weapons. One thing they've kept consistent is that titan-matter is spooky, it doesn't have normal values of tensile strength or mass-to-weight. Which is why they couldn't work out a way to equip Eren with weapons, anything man-made would snap under its own weight.

Finally, Tybur had it coming. The compact between Fritz and Tybur was that Fritz would section off Eldians in paradise, while Tybur kept the peace in the regions newly liberated from Eldia. This broke down almost immediately, Tybur collaborating with a newly vengeful Marley regime and allowing genocide and ghettoization to occur, led to a radicalization of the Marley regime, culminating in the Paradis expedition. Tybur hosed up. If they had stopped the use of Paradis as as a grotesque execution ground for Eldians, then none of the militarization of Paradis would have occurred.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Sub Harrison posted:

Maybe the Ackermans were the reason the king stopped fighting. The thought of every Eldian having titan powers and immunity to mind control.

Ackermans are not Eldians.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I still chuckle at the fact that Attack on Titan has become the world's vore-iest political thriller.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

However Mikasa is half eldian

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Warhammer Misaka is a possibility...

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
Best part was Eren crowd surfing.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Kild posted:

However Mikasa is half eldian

How do you figure? Mikasa is half Ackerman and half Asian.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

I'm not so sure. Titan power comes from the paths that connect all Eldians, and both Levi and Mikasa felt a moment where power came to them suddenly. I think the Ackerman power is drawing energy from the paths without needing a titan soul, and you'd need to be Eldian to be connected to the paths. Would also make sense why Ackermans were persecuted alone when several nobles were immune to memory erasure. The king didn't want titan-power users in his Utopia who could not be controlled.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ZiegeDame posted:

How do you figure? Mikasa is half Ackerman and half Asian.

I figured the asian part was the ackerman part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kild posted:

I figured the asian part was the ackerman part

That wouldn't jive with Levi, would it?