Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Tailtiu is built, with the bogstandard fury+desperation fast mage build

Next 20k Lachesis is getting promoted and I'll have a complete set of Genealogy, at least until the next banner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I mean the skill being 5* has bearing on your budget but not on its ease of use/its impact on a battle

Ward vs March is kinda apples and oranges too since they do different things and Ward supports an EP comp more while a team that wants to PP would want March

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

What is a good budget B skill for brave axe Cherche?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There aren't any good B skills for non-quad brave users tbh

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Weissritter posted:

Drag back / Hit and Run

Axebreaker is pretty good with all the tanky green armors running around.

A while back (like six months) I also used green tomebreaker to bait Ninos with her

Andrast fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jan 3, 2018

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
prediction: armor march will be a seal eventually

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Weissritter posted:

Desperation with the brash assault seal :getin:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I want a Atk Spd 2 seal

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Andrast posted:

I want a Atk Spd 2 seal

How would that even work?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Golden Battler posted:

How would that even work?

The same way the Atk Spd 2 skill Nephenee has works?

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

ungulateman posted:

Desperation with the brash assault seal :getin:

No brash assault shield unfortunately. This is the first tempest trial I am playing from the start. Started the game towards the end of the last TT, so did not get any seals from that.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Washout posted:

Ok here are my two newbie teams after 3 or 4 weeks, and the rest of my roster. Is there anything else I can do to improve either team? I've got about 8k feathers saved and plan on promoting either Atiki or Cecilia, I'm leaning towards tiki since my main goal is clearing all the story content and the dragon team is so far way better at that.

Edit: Atiki has fury 3 but I switched for grinding XP on the level 35 warriors map.

Couple of notes:

ATiki/Ninian is a better couple than Nowi/Ninian, simply for colour coverage.
Running a hone/spur in Ninian's seal slot is a good idea, spur def or res essentially doubles the bonus to that stat that her waifu receives.

Both ATiki and Cecilia are common enough to make a 4* multi-merge; a 4*+10 has the same stats as a 5*+5 for a fraction of the cost, and you can back-merge a 5* version with the fully upgraded weapons/skills, bringing the cost to ~40k feathers as opposed to 120k for a 5*+5. It's also possible with Frederick, though I don't recommend it with your waifu/husbando since it lowers their potential stat cap.

Speaking of Fred, if you're going the hammer route rather than the brave axe route, you'll probably want a defensive A skill and Quick Riposte. Since he's not fast enough to double much on the offensive, he's generally better off baiting unless you're facing an armour mage.

e: also, give Nowi a better A skill. Boey's Earth Boost is a pretty good budget option if you get a crap version (most boeys are bad)

Murderion fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jan 3, 2018

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Andrast posted:

The same way the Atk Spd 2 skill Nephenee has works?

I mean, seals have to start at bronze, and the bronze version of that seal would be Spd+1... which already exists. So I dunno how that'd work.

Unless they just said gently caress it and started you with a silver seal anyway

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Golden Battler posted:

I mean, seals have to start at bronze, and the bronze version of that seal would be Spd+1... which already exists. So I dunno how that'd work.

Unless they just said gently caress it and started you with a silver seal anyway

I see no problem with just saying gently caress it and having a seal with only two tiers

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Earth Boost sucks actually and the only reason you'd ever use it is because steady stance is , for some insane reason, basically exactly as rare as steady breath

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ungulateman posted:

Earth Boost sucks actually and the only reason you'd ever use it is because steady stance is , for some insane reason, basically exactly as rare as steady breath

Steady stance is more available since we've gotten a 4* BK

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Golden Battler posted:

They already have one off skills so sure, start with a silver. Or make it bronze and have it jump to gold. Or make it teal!
Couls even just add the silver to the forge directly or something.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Andrast posted:

Steady stance is more available since we've gotten a 4* BK
It‘s stuck on a TT reward unit for now though, so people like me who want to merge BK are out of luck.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Retcon posted:

It‘s stuck on a TT reward unit for now though, so people like me who want to merge BK are out of luck.

Shiro has it too!

(I know that doesn't really help since he's a recent 5* exclusive unit)

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Since I've now upgraded all of the Squad Assault seals as well as the seals that are basic stat boosts (except HP), I'm now going to invest in the Heavy Blade seal and go full meme strat with an attack-refined Wo Dao on my +ATK Hana. :getin:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm probably going to promote Valter so I can have a NYCamilla/Minerva/Valter tanky flier squad

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Andrast posted:

I'm probably going to promote Valter so I can have a NYCamilla/Minerva/Valter tanky flier squad

Don't forget Beruka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiwhX3Cdbec

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Beruka is :effort: when I already have a Minerva

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Murderion posted:

Couple of notes:

ATiki/Ninian is a better couple than Nowi/Ninian, simply for colour coverage.
Running a hone/spur in Ninian's seal slot is a good idea, spur def or res essentially doubles the bonus to that stat that her waifu receives.

Both ATiki and Cecilia are common enough to make a 4* multi-merge; a 4*+10 has the same stats as a 5*+5 for a fraction of the cost, and you can back-merge a 5* version with the fully upgraded weapons/skills, bringing the cost to ~40k feathers as opposed to 120k for a 5*+5. It's also possible with Frederick, though I don't recommend it with your waifu/husbando since it lowers their potential stat cap.

Speaking of Fred, if you're going the hammer route rather than the brave axe route, you'll probably want a defensive A skill and Quick Riposte. Since he's not fast enough to double much on the offensive, he's generally better off baiting unless you're facing an armour mage.

e: also, give Nowi a better A skill. Boey's Earth Boost is a pretty good budget option if you get a crap version (most boeys are bad)

I was thinking of multi merges for them both eventually but the first step was just going to be upgrading them to 5* for the better weapon first and then I'll merge them down when I have 6 to make it worthwhile, does that sound.like a good call? Seems very worthwhile to do that especially for tiki.

I didn't put brave axe on Fred yet for budget reasons but it's 3rd on my list once I get tiki and Cecilia promoted. Would it still be worthwhile to inherit those skills over to him or should I just wait? Fred is Def going to be my first big +10 though, sometime in the far future after I get tiki upgraded.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Taco lost. Barely. So I changed my support to NYAzura. Then I realized after a couple hours that I am leading with the same color unit I'm supporting and I'm part of the problem.

Changed my lead to Wrathful Gravity+ Priscilla. If you have yet to friend me, add 9228288644 to Gravity Bomb some fools!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Man, Lissa is struggling against Tharja. She just had several straight bonus rounds. If she does end up losing, I think I'll join team lobster out of sheer grinch spite for this holiday malarkey.

Also, since I could not care less about this gauntlet, I did a thing:

Probably the highest I will ever care to get in this game mode.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

Man, Lissa is struggling against Tharja. She just had several straight bonus rounds. If she does end up losing, I think I'll join team lobster out of sheer grinch spite for this holiday malarkey.

Ryoma ended the first hour with 1/3 the score of Airzura, if he wins it'll be through the power of bullshit bonus rounds.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I probably already know the answer to this but I'm going to ask just in case, if I have a hero with a forged weapon and I merge them into a fresh level 1 unit with better IVs, they still inherit that forged weapon and I don't have to spend the refining cost again, right?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Elyv posted:

Ryoma ended the first hour with 1/3 the score of Airzura, if he wins it'll be through the power of bullshit bonus rounds.
Camilla beat Lyn, Shanna beat Takumi, Gaius beat Frederick and Leo. Relying on bullshit is all we can do when Tharja just keeps on being in gauntlets.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm on Team Tharja cuz I'm the bad guy who likes BOOBS. XENOBLADE 2 IS GOOD HAHAHAHA :madmax:

Tharja is the only new unit I have and Xenoblade 2 is literally really good lol

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Zwingley, your Seth is very cool and I’m glad he’s my friend!

I’m boring and have firesweep lance Cordy up as always for Team Lissa at 2132154099 if anyone wants.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Bronze!

Okay, that's enough. I'll save the last 400 flags for the final hour.

Again, if anyone on Team Lissa wants a 40+10 full-buff Distant Counter Eirika, I'm your nerd: 2901861840

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I’m glad I have Zwingley, Actias, and Truckasaurus all making it easy to send out Lissa for bonuses.

Would you guys prefer Lute, Nephenee, or ATiki?

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
7793510576 for da res god florina on team tharja

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Lute because she'll never come home and this is the only way I'll get to use her. :saddowns:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I should really give Lute Reposition, I keep forgetting to

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Tae posted:

I should really give Lute Reposition, I keep forgetting to

I feel like mages tend to prefer Draw Back, but yeah give her an assist skill.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lute is on my Arena core, she has been since she was new, and I am actually kind of surprised how little consideration I have ever given to removing her from it

She is a good girl

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

lol I gave Lute the Heavy Blade seal but I should give her an appropriate special.

Like Moonbow’s alright but she should have Glimmer or Aether???

E: Lute and Tiki have never left my Arena team since they got in.

I removed Clarisse and Fir before I thought about Lute.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I gave my Lute Iceberg, but I give like everyone Iceberg it feels like