Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Doltos posted:

Reminder that Craig Jr. donated his bone marrow to the guy who willingly axed his entire family out of a fortune in favor of a random oval office he met while he was married.

hahah holy poo poo. all those suits over the years and this is going to end up his worst look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Probate and wills tear families apart every day, even 100% functional loving ones.

Which is why estate taxes should be confiscatory :twisted:

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.
I think I like Jr's Ex... I think Jr should get back with her.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Jota posted:

hahah holy poo poo. all those suits over the years and this is going to end up his worst look

The question no one dares ask is who gets the suits?

there's a real bad lawsuit clown suit joke in here and I'm not even gonna dignify

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

While it's a real lovely thing to do on Sager Sr.'s part, I can't really feel bad for a kid not getting a bunch of money simply because he exists. Like I certainly would be pissed if I was in his situation, but it would be purely because of greed.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

While it's a real lovely thing to do on Sager Sr.'s part, I can't really feel bad for a kid not getting a bunch of money simply because he exists. Like I certainly would be pissed if I was in his situation, but it would be purely because of greed.

Did you even read Jr's tweet?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

RCarr posted:

You should read the tweets again. None of them care about the money, they just want people to know that this lady is a loving greedy psycho.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

dokmo posted:

What is Ernie Johnson hiding??????

DO NOT WISH SPEAK THIS INTI EXISTANCE ERNIE IS PERFECT YOU BASTARD

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Did you know that many of your favorite ballers cheat on their wives and leave unsupported children around the country

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Redgrendel2001 posted:

You should read the tweets again. None of them care about the money, they just want people to know that this lady is a loving greedy psycho.

I mean they care a little, it's still a fortune and like one of the tweets said his daughter's getting married soon and could use the money.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Did you know that many of your favorite ballers cheat on their wives and leave unsupported children around the country

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Karl Malone was so loving big

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Karl Malone is probably our finest contributor to the human gene pool and is not so greedy as to not spread the wealth

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

I only support Celibate Ballers.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Dejan Bimble posted:

This is true but also if there were a ton of TV segments and articles talking about how great a person they were and then that news was brought to national attention about them people would also be like maybe that person isn't as great as we were pretending and was a flawed person just like everyone else and we're all gonna die and let's hope we don't get milkshake duck'd when we do

Jota fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 3, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Folks only one man was ever without sin and He gave his life that all might live eternal

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

zoux posted:

Folks only one man was ever without sin and He gave his life that all might live eternal

Michael Jordan?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

zoux posted:

I'm imagining the Jazz in bicycle helmets and white button down shirts, black slacks and lolling

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

zoux posted:

so AC Green and... no one else...

EDIT:

zoux posted:

This scared me and made me google to make sure AC Green was still alive.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Dexo posted:

Michael Jordan?

he gave his dads life so he may live debt free, actually

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

e: dangit

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/Toucherandrich/status/948553588187582465

If IT wanted to be remembered fondly in Boston then maybe he shouldn't have cynically left to go to a superteam while Ainge and everyone in Boston begged him to stay and did everything they could to keep him there (is the only scenario where this kind of statement from Ainge makes sense)

? Seems perfectly fine to me to not air his tribute video on Paul Pierce's night

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

zoux posted:

Jesus left the entire Christian faith to Peter instead of the kids he had with Mary Magdeline

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

WhyteRyce posted:

Feels like a lifetime ago Sessions was considered a sleeper

Sessions always made me think of Flip Murray. Players who had one good stretch and made people lose their poo poo. Although the Murray > Ray Allen thing was funnier.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

? Seems perfectly fine to me to not air his tribute video on Paul Pierce's night

Yeah it seems like a weird request in the first place

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

aren't tribute videos usually like 90 seconds during a timeout in the 3rd quarter? I mean who the gently caress cares, but running a 90 second video instead of having some mouth breather shoot t-shirts into the crowd and giving the guy a round of applause doesn't seem to crazy. Unless literally every stoppage is already reserved for honouring Paul Pierce.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Imagine what Marv Albert is hiding

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

aren't tribute videos usually like 90 seconds during a timeout in the 3rd quarter? I mean who the gently caress cares, but running a 90 second video instead of having some mouth breather shoot t-shirts into the crowd and giving the guy a round of applause doesn't seem to crazy. Unless literally every stoppage is already reserved for honouring Paul Pierce.

It's weird to play a players tribute video during a different player's tribute night, yes, but you can twist it around until it's normal if you'd like. Who cares

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

CRISPYBABY posted:

People were legitimately excited for Ramon Sessions, Starting Lakers Point Guard just because they were so thankful that it wasn't Fisher anymore.

He used to alternate between good years and bad years. He had a good year in Milwaukee which earned him a sleeper title, then disappointed his next season. Went to Cleveland, had another good year. Next season, had a bad start until he was traded to the Lakers and got some hype back. Disappointed again, went to Charlotte, had another good run. Next season, sucked again until traded to Milwaukee. By the time he came to Sacramento a bunch of fans thought we had a legitimate good player and it was maddening

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Please don't meet some floozy and cut Luke out of your will, Bill.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/sportsradiowip/status/948626762010955778

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

dokmo posted:

Please don't meet some floozy and cut Luke out of your will, Bill.

Does Donna Godchaux still got it...

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

zoux posted:

Does Donna Godchaux still got it...

lmao

Shut the gently caress up Donna, you're ruining the one of the greatest Scarlet/Fires ever.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

She doesn't gently caress up near as many songs as Brent Mydland

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Jota posted:

This is true but also if there were a ton of TV segments and articles talking about how great a person they were and then that news was brought to national attention about them people would also be like maybe that person isn't as great as we were pretending and was a flawed person just like everyone else and we're all gonna die and let's hope we don't get milkshake duck'd when we do

That's a fair point and I'll concede

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

zoux posted:

She doesn't gently caress up near as many songs as Brent Mydland

Never listen to 80s Dead.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cool Buff Man posted:

It's weird to play a players tribute video during a different player's tribute night, yes, but you can twist it around until it's normal if you'd like. Who cares

Was Paul Pierce's night scheduled before the trade? If it was afterward, that's a bit weird. Though IT2 didn't play for Boston long, what he did last year in the playoffs for them should be considered a random legendary moment for a franchise with many of them. I can understand why he would be mad since they aren't treating him like he did anything above and beyond for them.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
HE AIN'T LYING HE AIN'T LYING
https://twitter.com/shahanLA/status/948632952254050304

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Has Cousins learned to play alongside Davis yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Has Cousins learned to play alongside Davis yet?

I think the main lesson we've learned over the last ten years is that great players always learn to play together, and they have. Their problem is on the defensive end, where they don't work together well, partly because the league is trending away from two-big lineups and partly because of the pelicans longstanding issues with defense, which has nothing to do with cousins or Davis.

• Locked thread