Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Spirit -1 to silent sheep, since they can't get much worse :11tea:

Edit to get to Ravid 10

Current spirit: 2
Remaining spirits: -1, 0

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Spirit 2: Abstain
Remaining (+1/-1)

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
-1 Solomna

SP: 2

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Theantero posted:

A word for those not in Discord: My plan as a Divinity during the first age is to set the Gemego as these sort of otherworldly and lovecraftian alien overlords that ruled the World in prehistory (since that is where we currently are). I also mean for them to be deposed by uprising or forced into dormancy fairly quickly and then forgotten, just so that some archeologist can uncover Strange Artifacts like five ages from now and unleash Rock-Cthulhu. Mainly telling this so that it's clear I'm not dicking with the people for the hell of it, but trying to establish a set-piece that I find conceptually cool.

While lovecraftian psionic rocks could be interesting, I think I'd prefer to see all of your grand designs blow up in your face immediately instead of eventually. Psionic rocks that turned on the god who cursed them with thought is cool, and I personally prefer gods just winging everything instead of making age-spanning plans, as that leads to everyone contributing to something cool without knowing what that is until it happens.

Using my -1 on Pseye

Votes Remaining: +1, 0
Spirit Points: 2

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Let's take a moment to see where everyone's going with this.

abstain

2 | +-

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

+1 to Ravid

+1, -1, 0
1 SP

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
[STATUS]: Spirit
[SPIRIT POINTS]: 1 > 2
[ERA VOTES REMAINING]: +1, +1, 0, -1

-1 to Pseye, Mind

Theantero posted:

A word for those not in Discord: My plan as a Divinity during the first age is to set the Gemego as these sort of otherworldly and lovecraftian alien overlords that ruled the World in prehistory (since that is where we currently are).

Yeeeeeah, you're making Mind Flayers, and I'm not jiving with that.

TheNabster posted:

Bad Theantero bad, stop making tyrant enslaver animals every time you become a god. You need to own a puppy or something.

Also this.

Astus posted:

Psionic rocks that turned on the god who cursed them with thought is cool, and I personally prefer gods just winging everything instead of making age-spanning plans, as that leads to everyone contributing to something cool without knowing what that is until it happens.

Especially this. I don't want to be railroaded by your plot points when its my turn.

Dog Kisser posted:

-1 to Solomna

WereGoat posted:

Spirit -1 to silent sheep, since they can't get much worse :11tea:

Why all the Solomna hate?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

CourValant posted:

Especially this. I don't want to be railroaded by your plot points when its my turn.

You're 'railroaded' by literally everything any god does because their actions have lasting effects on the world you inherit, my man :v:

CourValant posted:

I'd presume it's people offloading their -1 on an action that is basically doomed anyway, thus no real harm done.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
+1 Ravid!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Getting in on (almost) the ground floor!

My Spirit shall give a +1 to Larien Lightbearer, let's see where this goes...

Spirit points: 1
Remaining options: +1, -1, 0

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Theantero posted:

I'd presume it's people offloading their -1 on an action that is basically doomed anyway, thus no real harm done.

it's people hating on poor innocent sheep. loving crowsupremacy itt :argh:

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

CourValant posted:

I LUST FOR DEICIDE.

Really though, I don't hate Solomna or her actions. If it were possible I'd only hand out bonusses*; something I imagine most people in this thread would do. But we can't, and so that's why I decided to lower an already bad roll -- can't go lower than the bottom after all.

*At least up until the point where I get a shot at godhood and get to pick which of the Middle's people are my favourite. I turn into a spiteful monster the moment people threaten my babies.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Zybourne Clock posted:

*At least up until the point where I get a shot at godhood and get to pick which of the Middle's people are my favourite. I turn into a spiteful monster the moment people threaten my babies.

Perfectly understandable, its the evolutionary biological response for when something threatens our 'off-spring'.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

-1 to Pseye

Only thing funnier than grand plans are failed grand plans.

2 spirit points, +1 and 0 remaining

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Theantero posted:

Yup, sorry :-(

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

On the other hand, haircuts for sheeples only needs one more vote to hit 10...just saying.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
You would give primitive mortals unlimited access to the divine source of all creation?

This cannot be permitted!

-1 to Larien

[ + = ] s#: 2

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Lots of hate for grand plans just for the sake of them being grand plans.

Well I'll have you know that the Plan Train won't be derailed just by a bunch of darn ANARCHISTS :argh:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Abstaining this round.

Remaining Spirit votes: +1, -1
Spirit points collected: 2

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
+1 to Pseye
Building up the rocks to become big baddies!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Theantero posted:

Well I'll have you know that the Plan Train won't be derailed just by a bunch of darn ANARCHISTS :argh:

Calm down Crazy; I'm not against all Grand Plans, just these enslaving Mind Flayer Greater Brain Rocks you want. Again.

Chatrapati posted:

+1 to Pseye
Building up the rocks to become big baddies!

For once I don't want Big Baddies throwing everyone and everything else into the giant end game blender.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

CourValant posted:

For once I don't want Big Baddies throwing everyone and everything else into the giant end game blender.

Maybe they will only be medium sized baddies

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

I assure you that baddy size will be carefully curated to ensure the best possible thread experience for reader and contributor alike

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Theantero posted:

I assure you that baddy size will be carefully curated to ensure the best possible thread experience for reader and contributor alike

I want to believe you; then I look over and see your avatar.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

CourValant posted:

I want to believe you; then I look over and see your avatar.

You still refuse to accept my Godhood!

I mean, if you don't love Bison I think it's pretty clear who the REAL villain is here :v:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

+1 to Larien

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Mind was everything. Thoughts the building blocks of existence, moving freely in void. Then there was Other. Outside. Pseye. The Other inserted it's thoughts into the world, and the Gemego learned. When previously each had thought itself as everything there was, they now knew there were other minds. Some peers, other inferior. The Other built chains of logic into the Gemego and they understood. They understood the lesser minds as a resource, and they understood they way thoughts moved from one mind to another.

(The Gemego have become Masters. With Pseye's revelation they have come to discover some of the Ideas and how to wield them almost like a god would. Thus they have become the Middle's first Philosophers.)

(Spectrealism is a school of Philosophy studying Ghost, it's thesis is Thought, and antithesis Life. Any manipulation of the world based on Thought is fair game for it's applications. Life will always be diminished or destroyed by it's use.)

(All Gemego are practitioners of Spectrealism. They are still beginners but will continue their study over time.)

"Ooaaaargh! No! NO!" A paraiba collapsed, screaming. "Ia! Ia! Pseye! Pseye!" She felt no comfort from her friends surrounding her. Their caring was meaningless before the truth. Garbled, painful truth not meant for inferior minds like the Paraiba. But such was the force of the message it couldn't be denied. The walls of the (un)lucky Paraiba's mind were torn down, revealing the cosmos in all it's horror.

(The Paraiba have gained a group The Eye-touched. They are few in number, as they are formed from the ones who consumed and incorporated Gemego into themselves in the dawn of the world, and so perceived Pseye's eventual message. They are beginners in Spectrealism, Overwhelmed and Rare.)

--

Emboldened by her first feat of breaking the natural order, Solomna set out to perform another. Soon many Munchega were improved. For a time Solomna looked down on the felt plains staisfied. But something was wrong. The Munchega she had touched were growing ill. They grew weaker and weaker until they couldn't move. Their bodies couldn't handle the unnatural act of Inversion taking place in them. They bulged and convulsed until death granted them release. Still, not all was lost. In some of the fallen herds one or two individuals fought themselves back onto their feet. With pained breaths and shaking limbs, they ran. Away from here. Away from everyone. Even as time passed their pains were slow to cease. The Healing in their wool was away from themselves. Solomna assessed herself and realized even her own being bore scars of Inversion, with dreadful Sound haunting at the edge of her awareness.

(Solomna drops to 2/3 HP.)

(The munchega have lost most of their population. They have also gained a faction, The Bluewools. They are Sickly, Hermits and Rare. A second generation is unlikely as things stand. The properties of their wool are unknown for now.)

A lone, green Munchega looked down at his family. Everyone he had known, dead. He rose onto two feet, and gestured at the Above. "The world is cruel. Tell me, how can one avoid further pain?"

"How should we defend ourselves?"

(Solomna, answering your followers is free, you can do it in addition to your next godly action. Your answer will set the direction of the new Munchega culture.)

--

Larien stood on the top of the world. The winds from the Above's roiling buffeted her and it's light blasted her. Most spirits would never dare to come this high. Larien would go higher. She sliced at the mountains, took their brass and made a chain of godly scale. With the other end secured onto the tallest mountain, she arose with the other. Soon Above's radiance filled her vision and she was overwhelmed. Such glory. Such incandesence. So painful, yet so magnificent. In the maelstorm of Idea the only way she could know direction was to keep track where the chain was coming from. Further and further she went, even as she could feel the boundaries that defined her starting to blur away. Then finally, she felt something relatively stable in front of her. Wasting no time she fused the chain onto it and struggled back along it's links as fast as she could. Breaking into the void of the Below was like falling into icy water. Shocked and invigorated, she remained still, having learned that even a god could be exhausted.

Nearby she could see lines of glittering Paraiba climbing up the great mountain. They gathered around the chain in reverence, and some of them grabbed onto it, and continued climbing past the limits of Middle. It was a perilous journey. Every now and then one of the pilgrims would fall and shatter onto the mountain range, but the ones who had come this far refused to reconsider. They wouldn't turn back, not now that they had found their path. Their Chainway to Heaven.

(The vast majority of Paraiba are settling around the chain's base. The bravest and most devoted of them have begun their ascent towards the Above. What becomes of their journey can only be known later. Trying to follow them would mean the end of your time on the Middle.)

(There is no quarantee the chain will last, but for now the Middle can't draw further away from the above.)

--

As soon as Mygda said the word patient the quith knew who she meant. Unicoloro, respected among all his peers for never rushing anything. With the goddess' blessing he devoured the perfect fruit as others watched with unhidden envy. Grovetending filled him, he had consumed a great Idea, and for it stood above the rest of his kin.

(The Quith have gained a Hero, Unicoloro. He is Patient and Cultivator of Knowledge.)

(Heroes are individuals with power beyond normal people. They are also more long lived, being able to see several eras of gods in their lives.)

Many Quith were unhappy with Mygda's decision, but as they left, more came to see the grove. Turnover was high but a core group of faithful was starting to form, led by Unicoloro. They revered and loved their goddess, albeit in increasingly quiet manner. The sign language was steadily gaining popularity. Speaking or not they were hard at work to keep the grove healthy. No new important knowledge had arisen yet and Unicoloro wasn't about to rush things. Meanwhile the Quith who only stopped at the grove to rest spread the Waytree nuts all over the surrounding lands.

(Only a few trees exist yet but the quith can travel between them with little fear and plant new ones.)

--

"Look sharp!" The munchega straightened it's posture in the mirror as the quith shaved tufts of it's wool off. The beasts had grown far brighter during their time in the valley. Clearly Ravid and Sharpness were to thank, it truly was the way of the future. A sense of camaraderie was forming among the sharpened. The trombac gave many freedoms to their "guests" as long as they respected the chain of command. And looked sharp. Those who remained dull and reluctant weren't welcome at the feasts or other gatherings. Not that they were allowed to leave either. Someone had to do the unpleasant work after all. Solomna's doll was allowed to stay, though those who seemed to enjoy it's company too much were dragged off to remind them of the other side of the auditory experience. The symbols on it's back were recognized as works of sharpness, and copied around enthusiastically. Not that their meaning was known yet. Truly the pursuit of Sharpness dominated. The trombac were hard at work shaving the brass to make enough crude replicas of the Goddess's tools for everyone.

(The trombac have established a loose society with the sharpest(trombac) on top and the rest below in descending order of sharpness. They are secure for now, but the nearby food sources are getting exhausted at alarming rate.)

(They have been introduced to the concept of tools but their attempts at making them are primitive at best.)

There, I hope I haven't missed anything!

Jvie fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 4, 2018

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Jvie posted:

(Spectrealism is a school of Philosophy studying Ghost, it's thesis is Thought, and antithesis Life. Any manipulation of the world based on Thought is fair game for it's applications. Life will always be diminished or destroyed by it's use.)

:stare:

Theantero posted:

Well there, I hope you're happy; you've literally created Life Destroying Thought Monsters. :colbert:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Thinking rocks that run off the life-force of other things is metal as all hell and I can't believe people don't want them :black101:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Crazycryodude posted:

Thinking rocks that run off the life-force of other things is metal as all hell and I can't believe people don't want them :black101:

I can't blame 'em; the Cursed Earth is heinous enough these days.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Pseye, Mind

"Masters rule."

This transcendent truth rang across all the Gemego, and garbled corruptions of its form were intercepted by the Eye-Touched as well.

"To be a Master", Pseye taught its creations, "You must exercise your mastery over your surroundings. Use the tools I have shown you. Use them to spread to all corners. Use them to leave your mark into the deep crevasses of creation. Use them to prove your supremacy."

And thus did Pseye organize the Gemego into a strange society, governed by a hierarchy alien to most, based on merits only beings of thought could properly manifest. But whatever the true nature of such a thing was, an empire is what outsiders would call it in lieu of true understanding. A fell eldritch edifice constructed for the sole purpose of the Gemego to impress their Dominion upon the world.

In the dark they would scheme, and they would lurk, and hatch their plots until ready. And then they would sally forth, carried by their unwitting servants, to make the World theirs.

The Gemego Lithocracy, the First Empire, whatever you are to call it, will organize and sally forth from the deep dark of creation, carried by their tools, conquering the lesser beings at their behest to make tools of them as well, to create their ziggurats and hidden temples. To carve their sigils onto the unliving walls:
Organize the Gemego Society and guide them towards domineering expansion: 13

This is the part where the Gemego actually become a menace.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Solomna

2/3HP

Jvie posted:

A lone, green Munchega looked down at his family. Everyone he had known, dead. He rose onto two feet, and gestured at the Above. "The world is cruel. Tell me, how can one avoid further pain?"
"How should we defend ourselves?"
Solomna was still smarting from the dreadful sound that was assaulting her, but she raised the Munchega up to sign to him directly:
This world will always include pain, you can never avoid all of it. Even a being as powerful as I can suffer from it. The more powerful you get, the more painful your failures become, so don't look for answers in more power. Look instead for ways to alleviate pain. Heal the wounded, care for the afflicted and cheer up the downtrodden. The same goes for defense: don't search for more powerful tools of war, but make friends and allies. Seek out the other people and befriend them.
She gently let the Munchega back down onto the meadow.
Surveying the damage she had inadvertently wrought, she decided that she needed to do something to make amends. Using her divine aura, she called the surviving Munchega to her and assembled them in front of her. She began signing to them:
I have given you advice on how to live your lives, now let me help you follow that advice.
She plucked a young Munchega woman from the crowd and gave her a spark of her divinity: Young Baandage, I will grant you a speck of my power and with it the power to cast Healing magic. I task you with teaching your people how to use First Braid and I ask all of you to remember me and what my hubris has wrought when you use it. Use it to heal both the body and the spirits of the Bluewools.

Create the Munchega Hero Baandage and make her a Teacher of the Healing Magic First Braid: 1d20=17

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Gotta +1 Solomna for First Braid

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
-1 Pseye

Spirit Used: 3
Spirits Remaining: 0

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
A willful spirit watches on, encouraging on all parties equally.

Abstain

[ + ] s#: 3

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Abstain, I need to save my last +1 for the final turn

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

+1 to Pseye

Spirit count: 2

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

abstain

Current spirit: 3
Remaining spirits: -1

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

-1 Pseye

Looks like I'll be abstaining next round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Ravid, Goddess of Edges
HP 3/3

Ravid beheld her devotees and found them acceptably Sharp. But the felt of Her blessed valley grew ragged, the bronze scratched. Snalloy shell tools abounded, with differing levels of sophistication, but fewer snalloys themselves were to be found.

Her cult on the Edge of deprivation, it was time to move.

She turned Her Incisive Gaze to the gathering of the Sharpest of Her devoted among all the races. With the Edge of Her Voice She addressed the Sharpest in Her typical fashion; by now, the Chief Tromboc had ceased to be surprised or discomforted when her Goddess spoke through her.
"AGAIN YOU GIVE YOUR FOOD TO YOUR SUBORDINATES," She intoned through the Tromboc, "YOU ARE INDEED BRIGHT, TO TAKE SUCH HARDSHIPS UPON YOURSELF. BUT THE TEETH OF HUNGER GNAW WITHIN YOU, AND WE WOULD NOT HAVE YOU BLUNT YOURSELF. NOT WHEN THERE IS STILL A WORLD TO BE HONED TO EVEN GREATER WONDERS. YOU WILL GO FORTH TO YOUR KIN BEYOND THIS VALLEY. THOSE WHO ARE YET UNSHARPENED. THEY SHALL SEE YOUR VISAGES, BRIGHT AND SHARP, AND KNOW THEMSELVES FOR DULLARDS. THEY SHALL SEE THE WORKS OF YOUR HANDS AND HUNGER TO POSSESS THEM."

Ravid waited, to see how Sharp the minds of Her Sharpest had become, and one Quith in particular did not disappoint. This particular case had been an unwilling convert, dragged into the valley in fetters, and intransigent to the point that the more strident Tromboc desired to end her defiance permanently. But the Lady of Edges had seen an Edge within her, a mettle merely untempered. It had taken three Sharpenings, her lines ground and whetted until even Ravid wondered if her ghost could survive the process, but now this former denier was among the Sharpest of Her Sharpest.

"Blessed Mistress of Angles," she spoke, the enthusiasm of her sudden realization almost overwhelming her decorum, "what if we...give them our tools and use the Gifts you've shown us, and they...give us food and things we need to live?" The other Sharpest rocked back, as if struck, muttering among themselves at the acute novelty of the concept. Ravid's divine visage split in a radiant knife-edged smile.

"BRIGHT, PRECIOUS, SHARP CREATURES YOU ARE. YOU WILL GO UNTO THE DULLARDS, AND YOU WILL...TRADE FOR WHAT YOU NEED. YOU HAVE MUCH TO OFFER, AND NONE ARE KEENER." She turned Her Incisive Gaze to the Sharpest Quith, and gently notched her beak with another hash.
"YOU WILL KNOW THE MOST VALUABLE RESOURCES OF THE DULLARDS, AND YOU WILL CHISEL THEM FOR ALL THEY ARE WORTH. YOU WILL RETURN LADEN WITH GOODS, AND LEAVE THEM BELIEVING THEY HAVE BARGAINED WELL. SERVE ME WELL IN THIS, AND KNOW THE NAMES OF YOUR PEOPLE WILL BE FOREVER ENGRAVED UPON MY BLADES."
Finally, She returned Her Attention to the First among Trombocs.
"BUT IF THEY SEEK TO DO HARM TO US, TO SEIZE WHAT IS OURS, OR REFUSE TO DEAL...THEY WILL SEE THE OTHER EDGE OF OUR REGARD, AND LEARN HOW IT FEELS TO LIVE ON KNIFE'S EDGE."
She reached out and Sharpened their resolve.

Unsheathing the Sharp on a campaign of trade...or conquest.: 1d20 5

And though she felt Her Edge becoming brittle, She knew She had done what was necessary.
The Tromboc in the assembly gnashed chisel teeth and clashed brazen talons, blaring with bright voices the glory of their Goddess and their quest, tearing the felt with the stomping of their feet, long into the night...