Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

coconono posted:

Shotzi, bless her heart, is not very good right now. She will be good because she's wrestling almost a fulltime schedule against a variety of people.

Has she really been billed as Joey Ryan's Penis?
https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=17920&page=22

https://twitter.com/Shotziblack/status/926932120764739584 looks like yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I mean, I'm glad Stardom does stuff with other organizations, I'd like to see more of that, but WOH just seems like the dirt worst (non-Impact) that they could be working with. I'm not sure where the value is for them, besides I guess more exposure for their girls.

DarkstarIV posted:

Speaking of STARDOM, they have announced Tam Nakano and Mayu will be returning to action on January 21st. On top of that, they announced their main event for their biggest show of the year.

Queens Quest (Io Shirai, Viper, HZK, AZM, Momo) vs Oedo Tai (Kris Wolf, Kagetsu, Hana Kimura, Sumire Natsu, and Tam Nakano) in a 5 on 5 elimination match. However, there is an important stipulation in place. The last person to get pinned must leave the faction they are in.

So that means if its down to Io Shirai and Kagetsu, and Io gets pinned, she must leave Queen's Quest. Likewise, if Kagetsu gets pinned, she must leave Oedo Tai. It'll probably end up being someone like Sumire or Viper who eats the final pin.

Yeah, each side has a very much expendable member, though the fact that it's the last person to be pinned makes me wonder if they're going to swerve us a bit. My guess it's Viper getting the axe, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Io, to give her something new to do.

That said, I was a little disappointed with the ending to the Oedo Tai Natsu storyline. She saves Hana from a move and then they're good and they're all friendly now? I was hoping for something a little more dramatic. I'm glad the hostility story is over, but it kind of ended quickly.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

It's def in terrible taste but I'm not sure how that is surprising considering the absurd matches ddtpro puts up (for laughs) or his entire gimmick as a sexweird.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I mean, it's the only non-Candice way to get anyone to give a gently caress at all about Joey Ryan so I guess I understand.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Go RV! posted:

I mean, I'm glad Stardom does stuff with other organizations, I'd like to see more of that, but WOH just seems like the dirt worst (non-Impact) that they could be working with. I'm not sure where the value is for them, besides I guess more exposure for their girls.

I sort of agree. At least Impact has/had some decent workers at the time. Booking is still dumb though. Here is the Women of Honor pecking order:

Mandy Leon
Kelly Klein
Brandi Rhodes
Everyone else.

I fully expect Delirious to job out the STARDOM talent to those three. Maybe one of the STARDOM talent will make it to the finals, but they'll almost certainly lose to Mandy or Kelly in a terrible match.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The original GLOW's Mt Fiji passed away

https://twitter.com/CWFHMarquez/status/948666963655458816

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if Mandy Leon ever gets her telekinesis under control, she'll be a great wrestler.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

real sad. Mt. Fiji was such a sweet heart and her story in the GLOW documentary was so heart breaking

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I really don't see Mandy as the focal point of WOH. She's just kind of there. Kelly Klein, Deonna, and Karen Q seem to be the main focus right now. Brandi and Mandy are kinda like in the 2nd tier below those 3 but about the Sumie Sakai and Jenny Roses types.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Apparently Hana Kimura signed a contract with Wrestle-1. What this means for her, I have no clue (as in, if she'll continue being able to work STARDOM dates or if its an exclusivity contract). I do think their roster (W-1) is incredibly shallow though, in terms of numbers.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I legit didn't know Wrestle-1 was still a thing

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

From what I've heard, W-1 and Stardom are on good terms, enough that Hana has used her Oedo Tai gimmick there, so I'm pretty sure that she's still gonna be around.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I didn't even know that Wrestle-1 even had a women's roster.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
In other womens wrestling news:

It is Kairi's 6 year anniversary for her pro wrestling debut.

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/949862026758819841

Its not all good news on her side though.

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/949850563465895941

The part in Japanese is basically her indirectly lamenting that she hasnt made any appearances in a long time.

NXT Taping spoilers: And she doesnt make any sort of appearance on the upcoming episodes either. Which means she most likely wont be wrestling until early February at the earliest. For reference, her last match was November 18th.

So I can understand her being frustrated.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jan 7, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Whoa wait she’s only been wrestling for 6 Years? drat

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

Whoa wait she’s only been wrestling for 6 Years? drat

Yeah, she started wrestling when she was 23, and was scouted by Fuka at a stage play. A few more details on the backstory of Kairi and how she got into wrestling:

She wasn't into wrestling growing up (her father was/is), she was into yachting, and was a stage and TV actress. After being recruited for a role to play a wrestling heel for a stage play, she fell in love with it, and Fuka Kakimoto (co-owner of STARDOM) noticed it, and brought her in for training. She trained for a little while, and was part of the first STARDOM graduate class, alongside Mayu Iwatani.

Her first real impact in the wrestling scene was tagging with Nanae Takahashi. They are still friends today, even though Nanae is pretty disliked in the pro wrestling world due to her part in the ghastly incident with Act and Yoshiko, along with seaDLLing (the promotion she runs now) being really scummy to anyone who isn't part of Nanae's little clique.

Kairi only really rose to prominence once STARDOM started uploading their shows online, and people took notice then. Appearing on Lucha Underground also helped her out. In fact, it helped raise the stock of all three members of the Black Lotus Triad/Threedom (Kairi Sane/Hojo, Io Shirai, Mayu Iwatani).

To be honest, I'm sort of shocked WWE hasn't gone after signing Mayu yet. I say sort of, because she would be best suited to NXT for awhile, considering Vince and Dunn would hate her looks. She's young (24) and outside of that one freak accident a few months ago, is pretty much injury free. I could see WWE taking another(?) look at her after the Women of Honor tournament. She's arguably the second best female wrestler in the world, only behind Io Shirai.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 7, 2018

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

DM Punk posted:

I really don't see Mandy as the focal point of WOH. She's just kind of there.

my god what kind of dirt does Delirious have on you

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Mob posted:

my god what kind of dirt does Delirious have on you

Delirious once stole my hat and used it as a weapon against Jigsaw who sold it like he got hit with a brick.

But Mandy doesn't win as often as Karen Q or Kelly Klein.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

DarkstarIV posted:

To be honest, I'm sort of shocked WWE hasn't gone after signing Mayu yet. I say sort of, because she would be best suited to NXT for awhile, considering Vince and Dunn would hate her looks.

Don't really get why you're shocked

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

They've already got two asian women, they've met their quota. Time to pile on the blondes.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DM Punk posted:

Delirious once stole my hat and used it as a weapon against Jigsaw who sold it like he got hit with a brick.

But Mandy doesn't win as often as Karen Q or Kelly Klein.

You're out of your mind. She's the star of WOH next to Klein. Karen's not even signed unlike the other 2.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mandy's the oldest and most established women's name ROH has under contract. Unless Sumie Sakai is under contract and not on a per shot deal.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u-G2fPVhb4

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

-Ring of Honor has offered contracts to three members of the Women of Honor (WOH) according to Casey Michael of Squared Circle Sirens. Ring of Honor is looking to lock up women under non-exclusive deals according to the report ahead of their tournament to crown the first WOH Champion, which begins this month. Those offered contracts so far include Mandy Leon, Kelly Klein, and Deonna Purrazzo. PWTorch has independently confirmed the report. Additionally, PWTorch has learned that ROH is also extending offers to Sumie Sakai, Jenny Rose, and Stella Gray.

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2018/01/11/news-njpw-update-ibushi-roh-looking-sign-female-talent-woh-silas-youngs-roh-status/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Women_of_Honor/status/951555078158274560

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A lot of WOH matches can be handwaved but this is the best one ever in my opinion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zVw3apuZjE

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyJCEHYf9ZI

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
There are a lot of angry STARDOM fans today because Tam Nakano was forced to leave Oedo Tai, and Kris Wolf got squashed in less than 10 seconds.

:psyduck: at the booking.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Isn't Wolf hurt?

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't Wolf hurt?

Thats what I figured lead to that result.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

In regards to Darkstar's spoiler, I'm assuming they're gonna give her a singles push. She's recently signed, a famous person who could be a good face of the company

Apparently Fuka, STARDOM's ring announcer and one of their trainers is pregnant. Also, is retiring. Good for her, but it's quite a loss for the company.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Tessa snapped in front of a live crowd yesterday

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeMpbExgE_x

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, I think that's just a good promo.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

I mean, I think that's just a good promo.

That buried the promotion and locker room.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

:shrug: You're the scoopsman so I'm sure their is a bunch of heat or some bullshit but that video is pretty much the bog standard "A lot of people think I suck and don't belong here but actually I'm the best and do belong here. "

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
"I'm the best in the locker room" isn't really burying the locker room? Like that's what wrestlers say in character. Almost every one says that they are the best.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014
Sounds like people were being gossipy and poo poo within earshot of her. Question is, was she given permission to make that promo before she went out, or did she just get a live mic while she was out there? It's really obvious that what was said was getting to her. I just really want to find out more context about what was going on.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, if their is context about how she was not supposed to give the promo and then went backstage and said "that was a shoot and I meant it" then it would be her snapping. Otherwise it is just a promo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, if their is context about how she was not supposed to give the promo and then went backstage and said "that was a shoot and I meant it" then it would be her snapping. Otherwise it is just a promo.

She cut it after losing to Su Yung and she was in tears.