Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

zoux posted:

She doesn't gently caress up near as many songs as Brent Mydland

Yeah, but worse. Every time Playing in the Band gets played and she does her wail, a thousand angels punch her in the throat and die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

dokmo posted:

I think the main lesson we've learned over the last ten years is that great players always learn to play together, and they have. Their problem is on the defensive end, where they don't work together well, partly because the league is trending away from two-big lineups and partly because of the pelicans longstanding issues with defense, which has nothing to do with cousins or Davis.

I take it their backcourt is poor defensively as well, then?

skeletons!
Mar 28, 2013

zoux posted:

I only support Celibate Ballers.

Benedictine Baller Brand

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Has Cousins learned to play alongside Davis yet?

Offensively they are 6th in the league and they literally get nothing from a Wing player. DMC is having an excellent year (not quite best of his career but up there, his most efficient TS wise), and AD is having a quiet MVP-consideration-calibre year.

Defensively the team is real bad, but DMC and AD appear to be the only 2 players who give a poo poo on defense.

So have them learned to play together? Yes. Have the Pelicans learned to put a team around them? No.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
DSJ returned from injury and is ruining the tank.

If Seth Curry and Finney-Smith ever return, the draft spot is going to be ruined...again. Rough for Curry to be injured all year during a contract year.
In other news Josh McRoberts might actually make his debut for the team, I'm shocked I didn't expect him to play at all. I kind of assumed they were just sitting on his expiring contract.
Noel is also back from his surgery but hasn't started practicing with the team again. Wonder how soon he gets traded. Getting a pick for him from either round might be a minor victory at this point.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 3, 2018

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Cousins' stats and such make it appear that he is a solid or even good defender, but he hasn't been. So many late closeouts and poor rotations (a general theme for the team).

Jrue is still the best defender on the team. Rondo is maybe an average defender, maybe. Moore is ok when he isn't guarding a 3 or a big 2.

The team sucks at transition defense this season and it is largely due to Cousins and, to a lesser extent, Davis. Lots of hanging back and pouting or complaining or just plain not hustling to the other end of the court. Other players usually hustle down but make terrible decisions. Outside of transition defense, they are like 18th. Which is much better than their overall defense of 30th (or near enough).

e: the team also gives up a ridiculous amount of OReb's, which is almost entirely on Davis and Boogie

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

I feel like getting close to a championship would be more enticing than actually winning one. Like, after you win in NBA2K you don't just roll a new season, you try a new team.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Andre Drummond currently has a higher FT% than Andrew Wiggins on the season.

lol

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Look at all this stupid bullshit (or don't, it might be better for your mental health):

https://twitter.com/THESagerbomb/status/948659686336811013

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

That's a fair point and I'll concede

I'd add that they generally don't take the children's bone marrow in t he process

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What I'm getting from this is that Steph Curry was actually trying to be the good guy when he missed those half court shots

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/nbagleague/status/948672902571970561

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
He looks like he's about to go jetskiing

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Paul George to the Lakers watch 2018.
https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/948679822238240770

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

Andre Drummond currently has a higher FT% than Andrew Wiggins on the season.

lol

Jaylen Brown is only at 57% which is crazy, especially considering how many miss really badly. Dude is > 40% from 3.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
drat good on Meka for making it almost all the way back at 35 drat years old.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Spoeank posted:

drat good on Meka for making it almost all the way back at 35 drat years old.

That's not that old!!!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Pretty solid that these uniforms have a dick tie.

Honestly can't imagine who approved this monstrosity but it's kind of funny.

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Why do basketball players have such awful opinions about other basketball players?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/mikefinger/status/948688646860832769

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
lol the magic pa guy just sarcastically said "the precision expertise of the undefeated courtney kirkland" introducing the guy who got ejected for tusslin with shaun livingston.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BCM11/status/948646165574283264

lmfao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Do you even want PG13 Anymore after this quote.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

drat Craig

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
In the grand scheme of disappointing things one could learn about public figures, leaving your kids out of the will doesn't even register.

Also Drummond is out tonight so Boban is being unleashed.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Hahaha.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

reading the article this came from i can only conclude that kyries dad is a locker room cancer

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

Yes I still would like to retain an elite 3&d wing

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

euphronius posted:

Make you a deal: you keep Embiid, we'll keep PG.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

AggressivelyStupid posted:

kyries dad is a locker room cancer

First Craig Sager, now Kyrie's dad. Unbelievable

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: Craig's son paid for the bone marrow transplant procedure out of his own pocket
https://twitter.com/BrennaSimonSays/status/948415587843178496

The will stuff is lovely, this is comic book villain type stuff

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Pop is the best

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if craig jr saved his dads life why is he dead? checkmate, atheists

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

no wonder pop is so rude to sideline reporters.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Ghost Dog posted:

if craig jr saved his dads life why is he dead? checkmate, atheists

*Billy Crystal as Miracle Max in Princess Bride* Ah, but you see he is only mostly dead.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

My Guy

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

CRAWLING

IN MY SKIN

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dexo posted:

My Guy

Goddamn he looks like a comic book villain. I love it