Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

404notfound posted:

Morag is a female Roy Mustang

If she was, she'd either lead by example and wear a miniskirt or insist male soldiers wear shorts :goonsay:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

She's great and I'm glad she has been able to effortlessly replace Tora as my tank for most of the game now with little difficulties.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

U-DO Burger posted:

"Morag, how 'bout you put on a skirt or something?"
"How about you die in a fire?"

that h2h owned so much

Morag owns and deserves to be in a better game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'd absolutely play a game with Morag as the lead. Hopefully there will be at least a dlc story for her. I'm hoping Torna squad also gets one, so I can get more of Malos failing to not yell at people.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Real quick question: You still get loot from dead boss monsters if you re-summon them, right?

I fought the Vampire Queen in Uraya just to see if I could beat her at my levels and now she's dead, but I know she's one of the easier ways to farm legendary cores. She'll still drop stuff on subsequent fights right?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pierson posted:

Real quick question: You still get loot from dead boss monsters if you re-summon them, right?

I fought the Vampire Queen in Uraya just to see if I could beat her at my levels and now she's dead, but I know she's one of the easier ways to farm legendary cores. She'll still drop stuff on subsequent fights right?

Yes. Also its the break, topple, launch, smash combo that gets her to drop cores for reference not beating her per se.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah I was originally gonna just do that a bunch but I guess being under-levelled means Break is less likely to stick, so I just killed her instead which wasn't so hard.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Pierson posted:

Yeah I was originally gonna just do that a bunch but I guess being under-levelled means Break is less likely to stick, so I just killed her instead which wasn't so hard.

What level were you? I too desire an immense amount of core crystals

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Is it a decent thing to grind for levels, or just cores?

My party's around 62 even and I know I'll probably need to grind to beat the final boss

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Pierson posted:

Equip Beta Scopes or any other accessory that lowers Break resistance. It makes a big difference. Alternatively you can fight the level 75 bat NM in Gormott. That one's actually pretty weak and Break hits much easier (no Gold Chip drops though)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The boss is super easy as long as you know how to time your invincible moves.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Hell if you're feeling really adventurous go to the Central Ether Pillar in Tantal during cloudy weather and try fighting the level 110 monster. Even if you can't kill it you can still grind drops by Smashing it over and over

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

What level were you? I too desire an immense amount of core crystals
Around 55 on everyone. I had Nia with all HLR blades and Morag with all TNK blades (all of which with at least 50% block rate which seemed to help a lot). The only rough move it had was called Poison Dart or something similar which I just iframed.

U-DO Burger posted:

Equip Beta Scopes or any other accessory that lowers Break resistance. It makes a big difference. Alternatively you can fight the level 75 bat NM in Gormott. That one's actually pretty weak and Break hits much easier (no Gold Chip drops though)
I'll do that, thanks.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I just got to chapter 7 how long does it take to get pyra back because every other blade takes too long to build driver arts

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

That’s the whole goal of C7.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
ok but I'm asking how long it takes

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

ok but I'm asking how long it takes

Far, far, far longer than you want. Just sprint as fast as you can because you have the worst gimmick dungeon+boss in the game between you and another short dungeon where you'll get her back.

Probably 1-2 hours all told?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

probably like six hours

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you still want to use rex, give him healer gauntlets. They're just as fast. Or use Morag, her Brigid attacks are lightning fast to charge up specials.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I just effectively bartered six orphan kids to two white men to months of servitude as slaves, with no pay until they’ve proven themselves. The gently caress game?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

:capitalism:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
to be fair they deserved worse, possibly death considering their crimes to the game's plot and pacing

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Xb2 is scarily casual about wiping out entire villages to bandits. Like way darker than xb1 and at times xenosaga.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Did you pump your luck up? I did and I don't think I cracked more than a 100 rare cores to get them all.

It only took you 100 rare cores to get every single rare blade in the game? :stare:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Evil Fluffy posted:

It only took you 100 rare cores to get every single rare blade in the game? :stare:

Yeah more commons but then I just stopped using them and I was getting a rare every like 6 rares.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed Rare Blades being softlocked to chapter progression, but it seems likely.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So, apparently there are 7 pouch expansions, not 6. I went to that zone in Chapter 7 and picked up one I couldn't use, because I already got 5 expansions for everyone. I don't remember what the last location was I got the pouch expansion from, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't on the list.

You get 2 from the story, and it says on guides all around you get 4 more from random zones...However:

Each person has 1 pouch on them to start. They can use 2 pouches. That means you only need 5 pouch expansions, right?

What's the 6th one for? Vandham? Well he missed out on that one.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Louisgod posted:

I just effectively bartered six orphan kids to two white men to months of servitude as slaves, with no pay until they’ve proven themselves. The gently caress game?

Don't worry, you're soon to racially profile a bunch of people and savagely beat them on no evidence then face no consequences.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I just noticed that characters have different swimming animations. Most do a breast stroke, but Mythra does a normal front crawl and Nia and obviously Dromarch dog paddle.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

404notfound posted:

So I'm running with Rex, Nia, and Four with three-ATK, three-HLR, and three-TNK. It's effective, but rather bland... Without getting too gimmicky, what are some ways to mix it up? Has somebody tried running with ATK/HLR/TNK on every character?

I've seen people do:

ATK/ATK/HLR x 2
TNK/TNK/HLR

And insist it works. Not sure who the best person to control is in that case. Also I think this setup relies on having very specific healer blades.

I'm doing the same setup you are and sometimes it's fun and effective to control the tank. The AI doesn't realize how quickly they can chain arts together by switching blades though which is annoying - especially when Rex gets the chain arts together affinity you can blow through all 9 cooldowns really quick, or chain specials into the same blades special level 2 and stuff.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Ok yeah this dungeon in chapter 7 is rear end and way too long

Invenerable
Aug 7, 2005

YOU CAN BE A BIG PIG, TOO!

chumbler posted:

I just noticed that characters have different swimming animations. Most do a breast stroke, but Mythra does a normal front crawl and Nia and obviously Dromarch dog paddle.

Make sure you look at Zeke in water while not moving.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Ok yeah this dungeon in chapter 7 is rear end and way too long

Yes... I thought Tantal was worse though

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Regarding alternatives to just having all blades of the same class on each character, I would imagine that it depends heavily upon how difficult the enemy you're facing is. If it's someone who can do really heavy burst damage, I imagine that you probably wouldn't want any non-tanks on your tank character, since you would risk them having a non-tank out when the enemy did a big attack. Throwing healers on your DPS is always totally doable and risk-free, though I might be hesitant to put any tanks since you wouldn't want to pull aggro and then switch to your DPS.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Is there a point of doing the repeatable Merc missions? Does it increase Dev stars?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

What are the best chips for block and crit rate and where do I get them?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

poe meater posted:

Is there a point of doing the repeatable Merc missions? Does it increase Dev stars?

It gives you exp to raise your merc level and it can unlock nodes on the affinity charts of blades you aren't using

Raising Dev stars consists of using golden cylinders to make a fuckton of money, then using that money to buy cylinders and immediately sell them back until you reach Dev level 5. Rinse and repeat for each region.

U-DO Burger fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jan 4, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cooking with Morag and Brighid is the best show.

Somehow I've got 50 hours, maybe a few of them idle for various reasons, and have only just started chapter 5. This game is really dense with side quests, areas that are way bigger than expected, and trying to figure out how to get to the drat Fief of Forgetfulness.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

U-DO Burger posted:

It gives you exp to raise your merc level and it can unlock nodes on the affinity charts of blades you aren't using

Raising Dev stars consists of using golden cylinders to make a fuckton of money, then using that money to buy cylinders and immediately sell them back until you reach Dev level 5. Rinse and repeat for each region.

It also increases Dev level, just not by much. I got a level up when grinding merc points at one point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tae posted:

Xenosaga introduces the little girl (Momo) with a panty shot.

Pretty sure I saw a panty shot with perun