Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Marchessault's deal is done https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/948658051653033990

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That is VERY team friendly

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Filip Forsberg out at least 4-6 weeks. Not good for the Preds.

gently caress.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

fancy cats suck

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Filip Forsberg out at least 4-6 weeks. Not good for the Preds.

That's a bummer but honestly I was afraid it would be longer with the way they were talking about it. Seems like it's something hand or wrist related.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that's a fantastic deal for Marchessault

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

a false posted:

marchessault owns and i'm still upset that the rangers didn't keep him in their organization

I saw him during the lockout in Springfield (had a nice goal on the PP) and later saw his NHL debut in Columbus. He was going by Jonathan Audy-Marchessault in the AHL and they had to make the nameplate font tiny to fit all the characters on his back.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
I still can't believe Florida didn't protect Marchessault.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I guess they were betting it was a fluke season which isn't totally unreasonable, it happens, but I also forget who they opted to protect instead of him. If he had had another good season with Florida they probably couldn't have afforded to keep him either, although that still doesn't excuse losing him for nothing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I guess they were betting it was a fluke season which isn't totally unreasonable, it happens, but I also forget who they opted to protect instead of him. If he had had another good season with Florida they probably couldn't have afforded to keep him either, although that still doesn't excuse losing him for nothing.

All the guys they protected they pretty much had to, but Florida traded Smith so that Vegas would take him.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Florida specifically left Marchessault unprotected as part of the trade for Reilly Smith as they wanted to dump the latter's salary. Smith, it should be noted, is on pace for a 66 point season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

grack posted:

Florida specifically left Marchessault unprotected as part of the trade for Reilly Smith as they wanted to dump the latter's salary. Smith, it should be noted, is on pace for a 66 point season.

Sure that's technically true, but it's funnier the way I said it.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Reilly Smith was one of the only positives from the Seguin trade since he was a throw in that turned out to be a good player and the Bruins dumped him for Jimmy Hayes. I dunno if Reilly is out there loving GM's wives or what but he's apparently real undervalued.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Reilly Smith was one of the only positives from the Seguin trade since he was a throw in that turned out to be a good player and the Bruins dumped him for Jimmy Hayes. I dunno if Reilly is out there loving GM's wives or what but he's apparently real undervalued.

I think they were gambling that most of his production was from playing with Marchand and Bergeron, and to be fair when the trade went down Hayes was coming off a halfway-decent season. Plus, they were able to dump the last couple of year of Savard's retirement package contract as well.

Of course, it turns out that Smith is good and Hayes was the fluke, but it wasn't nearly as egregiously terrible as Florida dumping him was.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

CBJSprague24 posted:

I saw him during the lockout in Springfield (had a nice goal on the PP) and later saw his NHL debut in Columbus. He was going by Jonathan Audy-Marchessault in the AHL and they had to make the nameplate font tiny to fit all the characters on his back.

Zuccarello used to go by Zucarello-Aasen which was a pain to fit on the back of a jersey

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Flyers called up Tyrell Goulborne from the Phantoms for some reason

Guess since Reaves scored against them they feel the need to keep up with the Joneses

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Flyers called up Tyrell Goulborne from the Phantoms for some reason

Guess since Reaves scored against them they feel the need to keep up with the Joneses

It's just baffling. Why call up a punchman instead of someone like Lindblom who might score?

Fire Hextall.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah I don't get that callup at all. He's not even in like the 9 best on the drat phantoms

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/948711209892700160

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

So this happened:
https://twitter.com/WBSPenguins/status/948690495445913600

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Haha wow he wasn't just a practice fill-in last week

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
https://twitter.com/NHLonNBCSports/status/948716220970287109

hello do these always look this bad???

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
These are a special level of awful and transcend the terribleness of the MONSTER ENERGY DIRTBIKE MOTOBRO looking jerseys of like 4-5 years ago.

Holy poo poo those... just... :stonk: my god they're awful.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Another year, another set of awful all Star jerseys. I'd really hoped Adidas would bring something nicer this year.

Bring back the 03-04 style!

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

LumpyGumby posted:

Another year, another set of awful all Star jerseys. I'd really hoped Adidas would bring something nicer this year.

Bring back the 03-04 style!

Adidas has bad regular jerseys, why would they have good All-Star jerseys?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I like that the Pacific and Central are kind of inverse of each other but the other two are not. Good stuff.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The only good all star jersey is a john scott all star jersey.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
blackhawks = cursed

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

xzzy posted:

Science fact.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

xzzy posted:

yup. kinda wishing i pulled the trigger on that knockoff company that was doing decent ones of those :(

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Trust me guys this is gonna be way better than sending our players to the olympics. A spectacle to behold, really.
                                           \

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That is VERY team friendly

especially for a team that probably shouldn't have any cap problems anytime soon

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Oh Captain my Captain :swoon:

:staredog:

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

the western jerseys look fine and more or less like you would expect from all star jerseys and i actually sort of like the color palate on the atlantic one

the metro one is poo poo however

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
The Metro and Atlantic jerseys look like "athletic wear" on the clearance rack at Kohls, the type of stuff that 3-5 year olds and 35 year olds with a natural eye for bowling alley carpeting would wear.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
They need the 94 Star all star jersey for ever, all years.

Just change the colors.

Unless they alternate with the Minnesota ones.

I'd be ok with that

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Zodijackylite posted:

The Metro and Atlantic jerseys look like "athletic wear" on the clearance rack at Kohls, the type of stuff that 3-5 year olds and 35 year olds with a natural eye for bowling alley carpeting would wear.

that's pretty much exactly my same first impression. It's like you can already see the sweat stains on them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Duke Chin posted:

yup. kinda wishing i pulled the trigger on that knockoff company that was doing decent ones of those :(

I've worn mine to a few drop ins and it's always a hit.

Biggest downside is that even John Scott is better at hockey than I am.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
All-Star jerseys have been weird and/or ugly for so long I kinda like it that way. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Detroit should fire Ken Holland before he retires.

• Locked thread