Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

R.D. Mangles posted:

he was great in unbreakable

:bisonyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

R.D. Mangles posted:

he was great in unbreakable

beat me to it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this thousand year-old internet video was prescient
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBxsCI4hif8

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well, we finally figured out what Niko did
https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/948696559335628800

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

This is worse than thought

priaprism
Jul 30, 2008
They call me Mr. Glass

Edit: drat

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Rose with a supreme display of confidence, exposing his most delicate parts, Unafraid of attack. Like a lion exposing his belly. Roar, king Roar 🦁 🐯 👑

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Raptors sweep the playoffs this year calling it now

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Drunk Canuck posted:

Raptors sweep the playoffs this year calling it now

DeRozan keeps shooting the 3 ball well, it's like I got my true Xmas wish. 12 for his last 21 from 3, 24 for his last 49

And how the gently caress did Delon Wright put up 25 pts and 15 boards?!!? Like I knew he was good but that's fantastic

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/948760197090238464

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Hey look, poor transition defense due to poor effort after a poor shot!

https://twitter.com/jsgrayson/status/948761056704217088

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
If the Lakers continue to play as they have, they will be the fastest paced the league has seen in over 25 years

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

El Gallinero Gros posted:

DeRozan keeps shooting the 3 ball well, it's like I got my true Xmas wish. 12 for his last 21 from 3, 24 for his last 49

And how the gently caress did Delon Wright put up 25 pts and 15 boards?!!? Like I knew he was good but that's fantastic

He put up 25pt 13reb 5ast 4stl under 30 minutes with 4 threes. Like Demar, his game really needed a 3pt shot and looks like he found his right around the same time Demar did. Perhaps the Raptors hired some sort of 3pt shot training wizard this season?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

To be honest, I am constantly surprised at learning what NBA players eat. I mean we are talking about some of the very best athletes in the world, performing top tier in one of the most athletically-demanding (from an overall standpoint) sports, and then you read that a beast like Dwight eats 2lbs of candy per day and has secret stashes around his house (?!?), or Rose and his skittles, or heaps and heaps of PBJ sandwiches etc.

I'd always assumed that they all min-maxxed like body builders and basically ate 5 gigantic meals of brown rice, broccoli, and chicken breast every day all season long.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

To be honest I am constantly surprised at learning what NBA players eat. I mean we are talking about some of the very best athletes in the world, performing top tier in one of the most athletically-demanding (from an overall standpoint), and then you read that a beast like Dwight eats 2lbs of candy per day, or Rose, or heaps and heaps of PBJ sandwiches etc.

I'd always assumed that they all min-maxxed like body builder sand basically ate 5 portions of brown rice, broccoli, and chicken breast every day all season long.

the PBJ is a weird NBA thing, ESPN had a huge story on it
http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/presents18931717/the-nba-secret-addiction

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The candy they eat probably evaporate off a single practice session.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Caloric intake is probably the big thing when you're huge and your job is professional exercise

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Dutchy posted:

Caloric intake is probably the big thing when you're huge and your job is professional exercise

Wasn't Micheal Phelps eating like 20K calories a day during the Olympics?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Glumslinger posted:

Wasn't Micheal Phelps eating like 20K calories a day during the Olympics?

During his training it was 12k, probably not that much during the Olympics themselves though.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

To be honest, I am constantly surprised at learning what NBA players eat. I mean we are talking about some of the very best athletes in the world, performing top tier in one of the most athletically-demanding (from an overall standpoint) sports, and then you read that a beast like Dwight eats 2lbs of candy per day and has secret stashes around his house (?!?), or Rose and his skittles, or heaps and heaps of PBJ sandwiches etc.

I'd always assumed that they all min-maxxed like body builders and basically ate 5 gigantic meals of brown rice, broccoli, and chicken breast every day all season long.

The older players get, the better their diet (usually) gets in order for them to stay in the league. The young ones almost always eat pure trash.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

That kid owns

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

He put up 25pt 13reb 5ast 4stl under 30 minutes with 4 threes. Like Demar, his game really needed a 3pt shot and looks like he found his right around the same time Demar did. Perhaps the Raptors hired some sort of 3pt shot training wizard this season?
They stole it from Norm, space jam style

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

They made a story out of Odom being super into candy back when he was lucid and playing with Shaqobe

OTOH, this is Bronski's keto diet

quote:

Breakfast:
Option 1: Veggie omelet with a side of turkey bacon, fresh fruit, and sweet potato hash browns.
Option 2: 100% whole-grain or sprouted wheat toast topped with peanut butter or almond butter, banana, and side of Greek yogurt with blueberries or other sliced fruit.
Option 3: Egg sandwich with 100% whole-grain muffin, avocado and salsa, and a smoothie made with fresh or frozen fruit and low-fat Greek yogurt.
Lunch:
Option 1: Spinach salad with veggies, grilled chicken, and a light balsamic, vinaigrette, or olive oil dressing. Pair with a side of fresh fruit, or add sliced berries, apples, or mandarin oranges as a salad topper.
Option 2: Turkey sandwich on 100% whole-grain or sprouted wheat bread. Add healthy toppings like spinach, avocado, tomato, cucumber, sprouts, and yellow mustard. Pair with a side salad or fresh fruit salad.
Dinner:
Option 1: Grilled or baked salmon with crushed pistachio topping, steamed vegetables and quinoa, drizzled with freshly squeezed lime juice, olive oil, or balsamic vinaigrette. Season with dried herbs like rosemary, chipotle pepper, or paprika.
Option 2: Chicken or shrimp soft tacos with whole-wheat tortilla, shredded spinach, black beans, avocados, diced tomatoes, or chile peppers and salsa. Top with plain Greek yogurt for a lower-calorie sour cream substitute.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 4, 2018

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Goddamn I love everything about the NBA right now

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

To reiterate, younger guys will l eat inflammatory trash because they need kcs just to avoid metabolising their own muscles and passing out.

Guys who stay in the league longer switch to smarter, less inflammatory (not dr oz inflammatory fake, like inflammatory as measured by c reactive protein etc foods). Lebron apparently spends more than 1m on his body per year, really healthy food is a big part of that.

Joel Embiid drinking 1 pound of sugar per day is probably related to his constant injuries.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'm proud to report that Team Ced Ceballos and Shawn Marion survived the first episode of the Amazing Race, despite screwing up and also breaking a rule while screwing up.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
I have to say i am really impressed with what Boston is doing. Not just winning, but how they are winning. Really what they have are a bunch of basketball players. 3 or 4 point guards, 3 power forwards, 3 small forwards and a whole team that plays "team ball." It's amazing!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

If the Lakers continue to play as they have, they will be the fastest paced the league has seen in over 25 years

And it's still too slow to do what they want.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

And it's still too slow to do what they want.

They're the fastest team in 25 years and slower than league average 30 years ago

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

chilihead posted:

I have to say i am really impressed with what Boston is doing. Not just winning, but how they are winning. Really what they have are a bunch of basketball players. 3 or 4 point guards, 3 power forwards, 3 small forwards and a whole team that plays "team ball." It's amazing!

Actually all Boston sports sucks, especially the Bruins

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Calories = Energy. Carbohydrates = Burned for energy. Sugar is a carbohydrate.

Down your skittles, kids.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I don't think Dwyane Wade willingly ate a vegetable until he was 30.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tyreke Evans used to eat some chicken alfredo from Chili's before every game which confuses me on multiple levels

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dexo posted:

My Guy

The sideshow bob look is A+

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
gently caress, man. This Craig Sager stuff has really bummed me out. Social Media is such a gift and a curse

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
TERRANCE IS BETTER THAN YOUR ROOKIE

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I have like this little weird expression on my face where I go 'Is this...sustainable?' when I look at Derozan's current three point hot streak and then I cross my fingers and pray a lil cause he's on some 'best shooting guard not named Harden' real poo poo right now.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I gotta say DeRozan is unbelievable where in the past 5 seasons he has dramatically improved each off season. Once near all star level he has improved each year whether its free throws, assists, jumpers or now 3 pointers. Its pretty remarkable where a player has gone from top 100 to top 75 to top 50 to top 25 that consistently each off season.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

zapplez posted:

I gotta say DeRozan is unbelievable where in the past 5 seasons he has dramatically improved each off season. Once near all star level he has improved each year whether its free throws, assists, jumpers or now 3 pointers. Its pretty remarkable where a player has gone from top 100 to top 75 to top 50 to top 25 that consistently each off season.

As far as personality and work ethic goes you couldn't ask for anything more from your franchise player. I'd rather have him than, for example, PG13's stripper impregnating, pale-rear end catfished dickpick sending, poo poo stirring rear end, even though PG13 is for now the better two-way star

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Is Kelly Olynyk the best player on the Heat right now?

• Locked thread