Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

A picture's worth 1000 words, but there's only 207 words there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Nipponophile posted:

Are there any badass panels here...?

The panels are illusory. Are you immune to the illusion?

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

The best episode.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Parahexavoctal posted:

The panels are illusory. Are you immune to the illusion?

Weak dodge for low effort post.

Gonna ignore your avatar text and point up a few things that took like 10 seconds to google up:

Parahexavoctal posted:

..Projectra vs Nemesis Kid (Legion of Super-Heroes, at some point in the mid-80s). ...

Legion of Super Heroes Volume 3, Issue 5, December 1984.

quote:

He has just defeated Karate Kid by instantly developing martial arts skills that are better than the guy who's defined by being the universe's top martial artist. And now Karate Kid is dead.

No, it didn't quite happen that way, he beats Karate Kid so badly he knows his time's up, but Karate Kid summons one last burst of energy, takes back his flight ring from Nemesis Kid, and launches himself at a powersphere central to Nemesis Kid's plans, and is killed in the explosion.

quote:

And then she hits him in the head with a rock, and bludgeons him to death with her bare hands.

Once again, not really, she got pissed enough to break his neck with her bare hands. I don't recall her using a rock anywhere in this story.

Please remember next time that this is the Badass Thread, not the Inaccurate Recollection thread.

What's also badass is that this was pencilled by none other than Steve Lightle, a fantastic artist.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 20, 2017

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

Are there any badass panels here...?

I blame photo bucket

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I checked that post every way I could think of (so, like, three), and there were no links or web addresses or anything that just didn't load that could indicated an attempt at panel posting.

Under the laws of the internet, I declare that post "kinda meh".

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Klaus #7

Merry Christmas, BSS

(I think this is pretty self-explanatory, but if you really want context, it's an origin story for Santa. He's fighting Krampus. Easy-peasy.)

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 25, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That is so goddamn stupid.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Lurdiak posted:

Klaus is pretty good.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Lurdiak posted:

That is so goddamn awesome.
Little typo there, I took care of it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Well duh, why else would I post them in a thread featuring All-Black the Necrosword on page 1?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Is this badass? Asking for a friend.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Assuming it's Robocop Vs Terminator, then yes

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Toshimo posted:

Is this badass? Asking for a friend.

:krad:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Looks like Walt Simonson so definitely

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Klaus is entirely devoid of cynicism, and it never winks at the reader with 'lol elves' or 'lol so cheesy right.' It just commits wholeheartedly to a mythic fairytale of Santa Claus: Year One. It's really good.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Squidster posted:

Klaus is entirely devoid of cynicism, and it never winks at the reader with 'lol elves' or 'lol so cheesy right.' It just commits wholeheartedly to a mythic fairytale of Santa Claus: Year One. It's really good.

Hmmm...

Well, it does seem really good.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Doc Hawkins posted:

Hmmm...

Well, it does seem really good.
That's a joke! You can have a joke without calling the entire premise dopey.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Seriously, cracking a joke every now and then isn’t some Moore-ish acknowledgement at the hatefulness of your own creation.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
It's not like that scene in Watchmen where the cop says 'hey, that phone's been ringing like crazy, you gonna pick it up or something?' simply to point out there's not sound effects and how stupid that fact is

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Captain America #697

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Endless Mike posted:

Captain America #697

This issue was loving awesome.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

Captain America #697

I don't understand why cap doesn't just beat the poo poo out of Kraven right there.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I miss the kraven that was palling around with squirrel girl

With the kra-van

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

With the kra-van

Best Kraven since Last Hunt (honorable mention to Ultimate Kraven for being a completely adorable gently caress up who eventually stole Scorpion's back story).

edit: Kraven on the 90's cartoon was pretty cool because he calmed down and actually saved Spider-Man at one point, in a way that fueled 9-11 conspiracy theories.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 4, 2018

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Skwirl posted:

I don't understand why cap doesn't just beat the poo poo out of Kraven right there.

For all he knows the guy in danger could be moments from death. Cap wouldn't leave an innocent in peril just so he could beat up on a bad guy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Kraven put a collar on him that shocks him if he gets too close. It’s literally in the first panel.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

With the kra-van

SG encouraged him to stop focusing on Spider-Man and search greater prey, and Kraven explains right on the page that Cap is the ultimate prey. Nothing's out of character! The Kra-van's in the garage.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Doreen's gonna be disappointed to hear he's misconstruing her words like that

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
To be honest, exactly where is Kraven gonna go? I mean, he is just human. A really good hunter but if he tried to hunt actual dangerous people, he'd be stomped.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
He also has magical Captain America powers, so it's more even than it looks.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I love how 'Spider-Man has mentioned you,' is the sickest burn Cap could ever give.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Also Kraven can't die right now so he's just really really bored.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"I'm the greatest hunter ever! That's why I put shock collars on my prey so they can't get too close to me and attack me :downsgun:"

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Johnny Aztec posted:

To be honest, exactly where is Kraven gonna go? I mean, he is just human. A really good hunter but if he tried to hunt actual dangerous people, he'd be stomped.

But he's got guts!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"I'm the greatest hunter ever! That's why I put shock collars on my prey so they can't get too close to me and attack me :downsgun:"

Hunters taking down their prey through methods meaning they have ALL the advantages? I couldn't possibly imagine such a thing.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Malachite_Dragon posted:

He's a hunter, not a hunt-idiot.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The fact that he's not just blasting Captain America from cover while Cap's eating lunch puts him in the top percentile of "professional" hunters.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Wait wait wait

Are you trying to tell me that Kraven....is craven???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Aztec posted:

He's currently immortal. Only Spider-Man can kill him, so as long as he stays away from Spider-folk or some awful "i have no mouth and I must scream" scenario where he gets like decapitated and isn't allowed to die, he's unstoppable